Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Muse & Music

, Music of the Golden Age

182 Pages V « < 67 68 69 70 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Muse & Music, Music of the Golden Age
swarapriya
post Apr 1 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #1007

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Concluding Songs from "April Fool (1964)" ...

The following two extended version songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 3 2010, 12:08 AM
Post #1008

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Vyjayanti) Amar Deep (1958)

Whenever C. Ramchandra and Rajinder Krishan got together they gave same great songs. Their collaboration resulted in nearly 25 movies. That says something about their combination; reliable and consistent. Remember all those unforgettable songs from "Albela (1951)" and mesmerizing songs of "Anarkali (1953)". This album has some very fine songs too. It has that famous duet "Dekh Humen Aawaaz Na Dena" and several lovely solos by Asha and Lata. Both solos by Lata are melodious; "Dil Ki Duniya Basaake" and "Mere Mann Ka Bawra Panchhi".

This movie was based on a Tamil hit that starred Shivaji Ganeshan. Shivaji made this in Hindi. The movie didn't make too many waves, but thanks to its beautiful music was a modest hit. I am uploading all songs from the original soundtrack album in back-to-back two posts.

Here is the first set of songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Apr 3 2010, 11:30 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 3 2010, 12:20 AM
Post #1009

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs of "Amar Deep (1958)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 4 2010, 02:20 AM
Post #1010

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Waheeda) Dil Diya Dard Liya (1966)

Here is another movie based on a famous English novel "Wuthering Heights" by Emile Bronte. It was published in 1847. The story tells a passionate but thwarted tale of two ill-fated lovers. In 1939, famous Hollywood director William Wyler (of Ben-Hur among others) made this into an award winning popular movie with Merle Oberon and Sir Laurence Olivier. It was remade in 1992 with Juliette Binoche and Ralph Fiennes, but this time around the adaptation was tame.

When producer and director Kardar approached Dilipji with the story that he was thinking of making it into a movie, Dilip Saab at once took the story to the heart. Heb saw an opportunity in the role as it represented a very complex character that provided many challenges and required different different skills as an actor. On one side as a silent lover the performance demanded much restraint. On the other side the villainous nature has to bring in from the actor subtle shades of grey. On another dimension, the role offered a chance to show pangs of pathos of a heart broken lover. All said and done, when the movie was made and released, a consummate actor he is, Dilip Saab pulls off all these different facets with much magnificence and élan.

It was rumored that Dilip Saab spent much time with Kardar Saab in developing his and the character played by Pran. As a result, this is one of those roles where Pran also gives an unforgettable performance.

Waheeda, the object of everyone's love interest in the story, looked stunningly beautiful. As usually is the case with her, she exuded not only grace and charm but pulls off her role matching scene for scene with Dilip Saab.

There are some beautiful songs Naushadji created to the lyrics penned by Shakeel Saab. Listen closely to the solos by Rafi Saab. Especially "Guzre Hain Aaj Ishq Mein" and "Koi Saagar Dil Ko". Only Rafi Saab can deliver such masterpieces. But my favorite happens to be the duet of Asha and Rafi Saab, "Saawan Aaye Ya Na Aaye". This is an absolutely sweet duet with Naushadji's imprint all over it.

I am uploading all songs from the original sound track album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set …

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Feb 3 2011, 11:06 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 4 2010, 02:33 AM
Post #1011

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Dil Diya Dard Liya (1966)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 4 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #1012

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Zeenat) Don (1978)

Part of the following information is taken from “Wikipedia, the free Encyclopedia” …

The producer of the movie was the ace photographer Norman Irani. Earlier he made a movie called “Zindagi Zindagi (1972)” that was a financial disaster. Irani was in extreme financial strain and couldn’t meet his loan payments. While he was working with Manoj Kumar on his “Roti Kapda Aur Makaan (1984)”, some of the cast members of that movie including Amitabh, Pran, and Zeenat and the assistant director Chandra Barot decided to help out Irani. They procured the script of “Don” from the writing team of Salim & Javed. The writing team shelved this project because they couldn’t find any takers for the storyline. Thus the team to make “Don” was formed.

Before the movie was finished, Irani died in an accident. Everyone involved decided to finish the movie by taking salary cuts. Zeenat Aman did not take any salary. At Manoj’s suggestion, the song “Khaike Paan Banaaraswaala” was added as an after thought. The film was released without the usual ballyhoo. After a week the film was completely was going unnoticed and was virtually written off. Then it suddenly took off as the song “Khaike” became a sensational rage and the movie also became a huge hit. With profits from the movie, Irani’s widow was able to settle all her debts.

Sometime back I was in a concert show, I believe it was Amit Kumar’s. During the show he recited the story of how the song “Khaike” came about. The music director duo was ready to record the song and Kishoreda arrived to sing. He tried a few times to sing the song and wasn’t too happy the way it was going, so he refused to go ahead with the recording. Anandji had an idea. He sent someone out to bring some of the best Benaras paans available. When the paans arrived, Kishoreda sprang to his feet and started eating a couple of them. While still eating the paans, he told KA that he was ready to sing. The song was recorded without any further hitch. I guess behind every classic song there is a story to tell …

The movie won several Filmfare awards including the Best Actor for Amitabh, the Best Female Playback Singer for Asha for the song “Yeh Mera Dil”, and the Best Male Playback Singer for Kishoreda for “Khaike Paan Banaaraswaala”.

In 2005, the singing group “Black Eyed Peas”, used a sample of the song from this movie, “Yeh Mera Dil” for one of their hit songs. That song fetched them a Grammy. Broadcast Music Incorporate (BMI) of USA rewarded KA with their award for being the source for the Grammy winner.

“Don” was made into several languages including many times in Hindi. The first Telugu version was called “Yugandhar”. I am uploading all songs from this movie in this section right after I am done with the Hindi songs.

In this post I am uploading a couple of specials. The song "Khaike Paan" has a real brief introduction by Kishoreda himself. This was taken from the album "Legends: Kishore Kumar - The Versatile Genius (CD 5)". Another special song I am uplaoding is that of "Yeh Mera Dil". This has a real nice introduction by Kalyanji who talks fondly about Asha's singing abilities. This one is taken from the album "Legends: Asha Bhosle - The Enchantress (CD 5)".

Now for the songs of this fine album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 5 2010, 12:06 AM
Post #1013

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yugandhar (1979) - A Telugu Film

This Telugu movie was based on Amitabh's "Don". I am uploading all the songs of this album. The songs are not exact copies of Hindi tunes but they are very close. Balu does a creditable job in singing these songs which Kishoreda made famous in Hindi.

Here are the songs with their reference to Hindi versions ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 6 2010, 02:07 AM
Post #1014

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Asha) Baharon Ke Sapne (1967)

This movie was a departure for Nasir Hussain who made himself a name as an out and out entertainer. One of his longtime ambition was to make this movie. He already had preparations for "Teesri Manzil" underway. So he approached Vijay Anand to direct that movie as his original intent was to have Dev Anand star in it. But Dev was basking from the glory of the success of "Guide" and declined Hussain's offer. However Vijay agreed to honor his commitment to direct "Teesri Manil". This freed Hussain Saab to make "Baharon Ke Sapne". A socially conscious movie it was, but it was not the subject matter audiences were looking for in his movies. The movie was a commercial failure inspite of some superb songs that were composed by RD. Hussain vowed never to make those type of movies again. True to his word, he switched back to making entertainers, most of which were money spinners.

Some of the songs almost sound like they are SD's. The examples are "Aaja Piya" and "Chunri Sambhaal". This was early in the career for RD as he was trying to establish himself by getting away from the giant shadow of his father. At this stage it was a small wonder that he showed glimpses of the influence his father still had on his music.

Here are the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Apr 6 2010, 03:18 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 6 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #1015

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hema) Shareef Budmaash (1973)

Here are the songs from this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 7 2010, 08:50 PM
Post #1016

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Mala) Miiti Mein Sona (1960)

Songs of this album were recently re-uploaded by Sukesh Hooganji, one of our fellow members. These are in the O.P. Nayyar music directory and can be accessed at the following path. Thank you very much Sukeshji ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...72710&st=24

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Apr 7 2010, 08:51 PM
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post Apr 7 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #1017

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1288

"BahaaroN ke sapne" has some of my favorite RDB compositions. There is of course the ethereal Lata solo "Aaja piya tohe pyaar dooN". I saw this film as a child and all I remembered of the movie years later, was the picturization of that scene and how young Rajesh Khanna looked.

My favorite song in the film is "Kya janooN sajan". What a lovely composition and what an amazing rendition by Lata. The film "Dil vil pyaar vyaar" (whose entire album consisted of earlier RDB songs re-sung by current singers) has a lovely version of this song by Kavita Krishnamurthy. While the latter does a great job, she falls just short of something that Lata brings to the original. I have attached that version here.

Asha decides that she cannot be left far behind on this album and seemingly effortlessly sings a complex number "Do pal jo teri aaNkhoN se". The little hiccups (for lack of a better word) that she throws in are not easy at all.
And then there is the duet - sung so well by both singers, but the real star is the rich and varied orchestration envisioned by RDB. The song combines a beautiful rustic feel with an elegant RDesque tune.

After these 4 stalwart songs, the other songs have to work overtime to be remembered. While they are okay, they are completely overshadowed. But as a music lover, I am already fully satiated. So I don't care.

This post has been edited by sangeetbhakt: Apr 7 2010, 10:06 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 7 2010, 10:57 PM
Post #1018

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Apr 7 2010, 09:34 AM) *

"BahaaroN ke sapne" has some of my favorite RDB compositions. There is of course the ethereal Lata solo "Aaja piya tohe pyaar dooN". I saw this film as a child and all I remembered of the movie years later, was the picturization of that scene and how young Rajesh Khanna looked.

My favorite song in the film is "Kya janooN sajan". What a lovely composition and what an amazing rendition by Lata. The film "Dil vil pyaar vyaar" (whose entire album consisted of earlier RDB songs re-sung by current singers) has a lovely version of this song by Kavita Krishnamurthy. While the latter does a great job, she falls just short of something that Lata brings to the original. I have attached that version here.

Asha decides that she cannot be left far behind on this album and seemingly effortlessly sings a complex number "Do pal jo teri aaNkhoN se". The little hiccups (for lack of a better word) that she throws in are not easy at all.
And then there is the duet - sung so well by both singers, but the real star is the rich and varied orchestration envisioned by RDB. The song combines a beautiful rustic feel with an elegant RDesque tune.

After these 4 stalwart songs, the other songs have to work overtime to be remembered. While they are okay, they are completely overshadowed. But as a music lover, I am already fully satiated. So I don't care.

SB,

That is very beautfully stated. Love the way you put your thoughts together. And, my thanks for Kavita's song.

Cheers,
S

+Quote Post
smahesh
post Apr 8 2010, 01:23 PM
Post #1019

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 36984

QUOTE(Babar Manzoor @ Mar 30 2010, 10:48 PM) *

QUOTE(smahesh @ Mar 30 2010, 12:56 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 21 2009, 01:10 PM) *

QUOTE(rdgadhvi @ Nov 20 2009, 08:33 PM) *

SP,

The audio release version is of Anand Bakshi only......Bhupinder version was there in the movie.....so hence uploading the Bhupinder version of "Jagat Musafir Khana"

Jagat Musafir Khana - Bhupinder
128 kbps/ 3:26

Thank you Ritesh. Cheers. -S

a request for reupload of bhupinder version of ''Jagat Musafir Khana ''.

thanks in advance,
mahesh

Balika Badhu 1976 - Jagat Musaafir khaana - Bhupindar Singh - 3.26 @ 128 kbps

babarji,
thanks for the song.

regards,
mahesh
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 8 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #1020

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Mumtaz) Khakaan (1965)

I do not have a single song from this album. Requesting members to share if they can. Thank you ...

+Quote Post
romesh
post Apr 8 2010, 10:08 PM
Post #1021

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58160

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 8 2010, 09:02 PM) *

(Mumtaz) Khakaan (1965)

I do not have a single song from this album. Requesting members to share if they can. Thank you ...

HI SP
I have only one rare song from this movie sung by rafi sahib which i am u/l pl enjoy this song

romesh

jo baat honi hai hoke rahegi----rafi sahib--@192kbps--3.40mts

quote=romesh
+Quote Post

182 Pages V « < 67 68 69 70 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 03:10 PM