Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Raj Kapoor

, The Master Showman

34 Pages V « < 32 33 34 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Raj Kapoor, The Master Showman
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2011, 01:15 PM
Post #486

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai (1960)

I am uploading these songs plus some on request...

Here is a motion picture that was an ode to truth, honesty, love, and redemption. In spite of all the good intentions, the movie’s preachiness eventually gets on your nerves. One of the great things of this movie was and still is its magnificent music by the incomparable duo Shankar & Jaikishan. It is not all those popular and beautiful songs but the background musical score as well that was simply outstanding. There are several dazzling dance sequences (mostly by Padmini) in the film that was accompanied by equally ebullient orchestration. The music directors Shankar & Jaikishan were nominated in the Best Music Director category but lost to Ravi for “Gharana”. The music for “Gharana” was fine but the music for “Ganga” was out of this league.

Here are other Filmfare awards won by this film. Raj Kapoor won the award as the Best Actor. Padmini was nominated as the Best Actress but lost to Vyjayanti Mala in “Gunga Jumna”. I think Padmini was a great dancer and had only a limited talent to be an actress. But she got an opportunity in this film to show her talent. She came through in flying colours with several memorable dances to her credit. The other Filmfare Awards went to G.G. Mayekar as the Best Editor and M.R. Acharekar in the Best Art Direction category. Shailendra was nominated for the title song but lost to Shakeel Saab for the romantically beautiful song “Husnwaale Tera Jawaab Nahin”. Mukesh also was nominated for the title song but lost to Rafi Saab for the same song “Husnwaale” from “Gharana”.

As stated earlier, I am so fond of not only the songs but its background music that I am going overboard here by including several back-to-back posts, six to be exact. The first two posts contain all of the songs from the film. The next two posts contain several music clips from the film. All musical clips are from a DVD. I am including several extended version songs from this film, all from a DVD, in Post 5. A word of caution here. It is quite possible that some of the extended version songs include the music clips in earlier posts. Finally, in Post 6, I am including a couple of specials.

Here is a description of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2011, 01:25 PM
Post #487

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai (1960)...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2011, 01:30 PM
Post #488

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Musical Clips from "Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai (1960)...

Here are some of the music clips from this melodious album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2011, 01:35 PM
Post #489

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Musical Clips from "Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai (1960)...

Here are the rest of the music clips from this lovely album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2011, 01:47 PM
Post #490

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Extended Version Songs from "Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai (1960)"...

I am including here several extended version songs. Please note that some of the music associated with these songs may have been uploaded as a musical clip in an earlier post. Also, the full version of the title song contains all three parts posted in the first post. If you have downloaded those three songs, you don't need to download the full version and vice versa.

Here are the songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2011, 01:51 PM
Post #491

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai (1960)"...

I am including a couple of specials in this post. Details are given in the table below...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ShankarJaikishanFan
post Jun 10 2011, 05:56 AM
Post #492

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 180961

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 9 2011, 01:15 PM) *

Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai (1960)

I am uploading these songs plus some on request...

Here is a motion picture that was an ode to truth, honesty, love, and redemption. In spite of all the good intentions, the movie€™s preachiness eventually gets on your nerves. One of the great things of this movie was and still is its magnificent music by the incomparable duo Shankar & Jaikishan. It is not all those popular and beautiful songs but the background musical score as well that was simply outstanding. There are several dazzling dance sequences (mostly by Padmini) in the film that was accompanied by equally ebullient orchestration. The music directors Shankar & Jaikishan were nominated in the Best Music Director category but lost to Ravi for €œGharana€. The music for €œGharana€ was fine but the music for €œGanga€ was out of this league.

Here are other Filmfare awards won by this film. Raj Kapoor won the award as the Best Actor. Padmini was nominated as the Best Actress but lost to Vyjayanti Mala in €œGunga Jumna€. I think Padmini was a great dancer and had only a limited talent to be an actress. But she got an opportunity in this film to show her talent. She came through in flying colours with several memorable dances to her credit. The other Filmfare Awards went to G.G. Mayekar as the Best Editor and M.R. Acharekar in the Best Art Direction category. Shailendra was nominated for the title song but lost to Shakeel Saab for the romantically beautiful song €œHusnwaale Tera Jawaab Nahin€. Mukesh also was nominated for the title song but lost to Rafi Saab for the same song €œHusnwaale€ from €œGharana€.

As stated earlier, I am so fond of not only the songs but its background music that I am going overboard here by including several back-to-back posts, six to be exact. The first two posts contain all of the songs from the film. The next two posts contain several music clips from the film. All musical clips are from a DVD. I am including several extended version songs from this film, all from a DVD, in Post 5. A word of caution here. It is quite possible that some of the extended version songs include the music clips in earlier posts. Finally, in Post 6, I am including a couple of specials.

Here is a description of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves€

Danyavad! Great write-up also -- Yes the preachiness does get on your nerves especially in the last hour or so. It's too bad because the film is much fun before that with the great music and the beautiful Padmini and Chanchal dancing with other dancers like Bela Bose, Herman Benjamin and Harbans.

This post has been edited by ShankarJaikishanFan: Jun 10 2011, 05:57 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 15 2011, 01:27 PM
Post #493

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Aashiq (1962)

After the tremendous success of "Anari (1959)" with Raj, Hrishida decided to bring in the hit pair of Padmini & Raj from "Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai (1960)" for this movie. Alas, in spite of all songs being super hit, the movie was a total disappointment.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts from an original soundtrack album on request. It appears like I may be missing the song shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, if you can, please kindly share with rest of us. Thanks.

Here are the songs in the first post...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 16 2011, 10:39 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 15 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #494

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Aashiq (1962)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this super hit album including a slightly longer version of "Yeh To Kaho". This is by the courtesy of our fellow member, Sukesh Hoogan. Thank you very much Sukeshji.

Here are the songs in this post...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 16 2011, 10:40 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
coolkee
post Jun 15 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #495

Group Icon

Member No.: 30564

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 15 2011, 10:10 AM) *

Here are the rest of the songs from this super hit album including a slightly longer version of "Yeh To Kaho". This is by the courtesy of our fellow member, Sukesh Hoogan. Thank you very much Sukeshji.

Thank you so much Swarapriya
and god bless you

Coolkee
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 15 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #496

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(coolkee @ Jun 15 2011, 07:43 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 15 2011, 10:10 AM) *

Thank you so much Swarapriya
and god bless you

Coolkee

Sure thing. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
ShankarJaikishanFan
post Jun 16 2011, 12:33 AM
Post #497

Group Icon

Member No.: 180961

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 15 2011, 01:27 PM) *

Aashiq (1962)

After the tremendous success of "Anari (1959)" with Raj, Hrishida decided to bring in the hit pair of Padmini & Raj from "Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai (1960)" for this movie. Alas, in spite of all songs being super hit, the movie was a total disappointment.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts from an original soundtrack album on request. It appears like I may be missing the song shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, if you can, please kindly share with rest of us. Thanks.

Cheers Swarapriyaji! Yes, this movie was no where near as good as 'Jis Desh..'.

PS Johnny Walker was not in the version of the movie I saw. The comedian role was played by Mukri.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 16 2011, 10:41 AM
Post #498

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ShankarJaikishanFan @ Jun 15 2011, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 15 2011, 01:27 PM) *

Aashiq (1962)

Cheers Swarapriyaji! Yes, this movie was no where near as good as 'Jis Desh..'.

PS Johnny Walker was not in the version of the movie I saw. The comedian role was played by Mukri.

Thanks SJF. I made changes to reflect your suggestion. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
Vidur Sury
post Jun 17 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #499

Group Icon

Member No.: 169937

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 13 2010, 09:31 PM) *

Hamari Baat (1943)

Here is a beautiful early album from Anilda. I am uploading these on request ...

Certainly a true delight of all of Anil Ji, Parul Ji, Suraiya Ji and Arun Kumar Ji, all of whom are my favourites. You are doing a great job wink2.gif

From quite some time, missing this 10th song: Bistar Bicha Diya Hai, Suraiya Ji and Arun Kumar Ji. A request for upload of this song.

Thanks in advance,
Vidur
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 17 2011, 10:42 PM
Post #500

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vidur Sury @ Jun 17 2011, 04:12 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 13 2010, 09:31 PM) *

Hamari Baat (1943)

Here is a beautiful early album from Anilda. I am uploading these on request ...

Certainly a true delight of all of Anil Ji, Parul Ji, Suraiya Ji and Arun Kumar Ji, all of whom are my favourites. You are doing a great job wink2.gif

From quite some time, missing this 10th song: Bistar Bicha Diya Hai, Suraiya Ji and Arun Kumar Ji. A request for upload of this song.

Thanks in advance,
Vidur

Vidur,

Thank you very much for the compliments. It always helps to hear a good word or two.

I see you became quite active very recently. Thanks for bringing some real oldies. Unfortunately Vidur, I don't have the song you have requested. Hopefully one of other members can come forward to share with rest of us.

Thanks & cheers,
S
+Quote Post

34 Pages V « < 32 33 34 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 08:58 AM