Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Raj Kapoor

, The Master Showman

34 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Raj Kapoor, The Master Showman
swarapriya
post Oct 15 2008, 10:57 PM
Post #46

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Mahesh ji,

Apparently this movie has 13 songs. I found only 11 that you've uploaded. DVD also contains the same 11 songs. Is the information I read about 13 songs incorrect?

Cheers,
Swarapriya
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lakshmi
post Oct 15 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #47

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6864

Mahesh,

Thank you very much for Gopinath and Sunhere din.

Swarapriya,

Thanks for initiating this thread.

Lakshmi
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 16 2008, 05:29 AM
Post #48

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(smahesh @ Oct 15 2008, 08:03 AM) *

next

Mahesh ji,

The music for the song "Hum Mast Dilon Ko" was given by Khan Mastana, one of the co-singers of this song. Of course, rest of the songs were composed by Gyan Dutt.

Swarapriya
+Quote Post
r&d
post Oct 18 2008, 07:57 AM
Post #49

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1955

QUOTE(smahesh @ Oct 8 2008, 12:49 AM) *

next songs from neelkamal[1947]-

Mahesh ji,

There is suppose to be one more Mukesh song in NeelKamal. Did you may be forget to upload. TIA

PYAR SE HUMKO KALEJE SE JANNO - Mukesh & Zohrabai - NeelKamal (1947) - B. Vasudev - Dina Nath Madhok
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 22 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #50

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Parivartan (1949)

Raj Kapoor made one more movie in 1949, "Parivartan". Its leading lady was Anjali Devi. I am not sure whether she is the same lady who starred in many Telugu movies, especially in 50's. The music for "Parivartan" was composed by the duo Aziz Hindi & Madhav Lal. Unfortunately I do not have a single song to share with you from this album. I am requesting the Forum members to share with us if they happen to have these songs.

Thanks.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 22 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #51

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Bawre Nain (1950)

This movie starred Geeta Bali who would become wife of Raj's younger brother Shammi in another three or so years. Mukesh was settling down to be the voice of Raj Kapoor. He had three songs in this movie. Roshan ji composed some beautiful tunes for ten songs in this album. The duet of Geeta ji with Mukesh still sounds fresh. The solo by Mukesh "Teri Duniya Mein Dil" was a chart buster when the movie was released and did not loose any of its charm even today.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Oct 23 2008, 06:49 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Oct 22 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

Member No.: 335

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 22 2008, 11:54 AM) *

Bawre Nain (1950)

This movie starred Geeta Bali who would become wife of Raj's younger brother Shammi in another three or so years. Mukesh was settling down to be the voice of Raj Kapoor. He had three songs in this movie. Roshan ji composed some beautiful tunes for ten songs in this album. The duet of Geeta ji with Mukesh still sounds fresh. The solo by Mukesh "Teri Duniya Mein Dil" was a chart buster when the movie was released and did not loose any of its charm even today.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

What a soundtrack! I have always loved the songs from this film. While I have all the songs on the CD, I am hunting for one specific song in good quality - I have posted the request on HF too a couple of times but (thus far) in vain.

In the film, the song "ghir ghir ke aasmaa.N par" is not a Rajkumari solo - it is a duet with Asha Bhosle. While the solo on the CD is a delight in itself, the duet version is even better. Unfortunately, all the recordings of the film version that I have come across have a pronounced hiss that mar the track. I tried ripping it from the video but could do no better.

If there *is* anyone who either has access to a good recording of the duet or has the techincal savvy to eliminate the hiss from the soundtrack version, I would deeply indebted to them for sharing a good recording!

Please see my follow-up at # 55 in this thread below.

Thanks and warm regards,
Abhay

This post has been edited by abhayp: Oct 22 2008, 09:21 PM
+Quote Post
smahesh
post Oct 22 2008, 01:32 PM
Post #53

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 36984

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 15 2008, 10:57 PM) *

Mahesh ji,

Apparently this movie has 13 songs. I found only 11 that you've uploaded. DVD also contains the same 11 songs. Is the information I read about 13 songs incorrect?

Cheers,
Swarapriya

swarpriyaji,
the film has 11 songs only including the tandem-maine dekhi jag ki reet.hfgk lists only 10 songs.
there is a variation in the records,that some songs are issued in shamshad begum's voice,while the soundtrack has surinder kaur's voice.

regards,
mahesh
+Quote Post
smahesh
post Oct 22 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #54

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 36984

QUOTE(r&d @ Oct 18 2008, 07:57 AM) *

QUOTE(smahesh @ Oct 8 2008, 12:49 AM) *

next songs from neelkamal[1947]-

Mahesh ji,

There is suppose to be one more Mukesh song in NeelKamal. Did you may be forget to upload. TIA

PYAR SE HUMKO KALEJE SE JANNO - Mukesh & Zohrabai - NeelKamal (1947) - B. Vasudev - Dina Nath Madhok

rajnishji,
i can't find the song on my pc.i will try to extract the song again from vcd and upload it.

regards,
mahesh
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Oct 22 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

QUOTE(abhayp @ Oct 22 2008, 12:36 PM) *

In the film, the song "ghir ghir ke aasmaa.N par" is not a Rajkumari solo - it is a duet with Asha Bhosle. While the solo on the CD is a delight in itself, the duet version is even better. Unfortunately, all the recordings of the film version that I have come across have a pronounced hiss that mar the track. I tried ripping it from the video but could do no better.

If there *is* anyone who either has access to a good recording of the duet or has the techincal savvy to eliminate the hiss from the soundtrack version, I would deeply indebted to them for sharing a good recording!

Following up on my own post because, on downloading the version posted by Swarapriya, I discovered that it *is* the duet version! Swarapriya: you will need to change the attribution in your post: the version you have posted is by Rajkumari and Asha Bhosle - you can clearly hear the two voices. How delightful the young Asha sounds in the first lines of the last stanza ("tuu apanii o.Dhanii me.n man baa.Ndh le piyaa kaa")!

You will also hear the distinct hiss on all the sibilants throughout the song - can someone find a way to clean it up? sad1.gif

I am uploading the solo version by Rajkumari here (3:08, 128 kbps)

Warm regards,
Abhay

This post has been edited by abhayp: Oct 22 2008, 09:22 PM
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Oct 22 2008, 09:32 PM
Post #56

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(abhayp @ Oct 22 2008, 12:06 AM) *

Hi Abhay

All these years I was doubting my ears for this..but I am glad that you confirmed this.

smile.gif

Cheers
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 22 2008, 09:37 PM
Post #57

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(abhayp @ Oct 22 2008, 08:43 AM) *

Following up on my own post because, on downloading the version posted by Swarapriya, I discovered that it *is* the duet version! Swarapriya: you will need to change the attribution in your post: the version you have posted is by Rajkumari and Asha Bhosle - you can clearly hear the two voices. How delightful the young Asha sounds in the first lines of the last stanza ("tuu apanii o.Dhanii me.n man baa.Ndh le piyaa kaa")!

You will also hear the distinct hiss on all the sibilants throughout the song - can someone find a way to clean it up? sad1.gif

I am uploading the solo version by Rajkumari here (3:08, 128 kbps)

Warm regards,
Abhay

Abhay,

Thanks for finding the error in attribution of one song. I have modified the table per your suggestion. Sorry for the quality of that song. Also, thank you very much for your solo version.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Oct 22 2008, 09:54 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 22 2008, 09:37 PM) *

Abhay,

Thanks for finding the error in attribution of one song. I have modified the table per your suggestion. Sorry for the quality of that song. Also, thank you very much for your solo version.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

Please don't apologise for the audio quality of the duet - as far as I can determine (and I have tried *5* different sources), the soundtrack itself seems to have that hiss; since the duet is only in the film, that puts paid to any hopes of a good quality source! The only way out is if someone can clean it up digitally - without making the song sound like a shadow of itself, which is what happened when I tried my completely inadequate skills on it! sad1.gif

Also, thank you for taking the additional information in the right spirit! My intention is not to find fault with anyone (god knows I make enough bloopers myself!) but only to help ensure that all of us have the correct attributions for these lovely songs.

Warm regards,
Abhay

This post has been edited by abhayp: Oct 22 2008, 09:55 PM
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Oct 22 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #59

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 21 2008, 11:24 PM) *

Bawre Nain (1950)

At the cost of repeating myself I must say that, the album of Baware Nain is the best showcase of talent of playback singer Rajkumari Dubey. Her soft and sweet voice has a special warmth and creates nostalgic feelings in the heart of the listener. She had a great association with producer director lyricist Kidar Sharma ji.

Thanks Swarapriya for this album. Thanks Abhay for the solo version of this delightful song.

smile1.gif

Best Regards
Parag

This post has been edited by parag_sankla: Oct 22 2008, 10:06 PM

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 22 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #60

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Oct 22 2008, 09:34 AM) *

At the cost of repeating myself I must say that, the album of Baware Nain is the best showcase of talent of playback singer Rajkumari Dubey. Her soft and sweet voice has a special warmth and creates nostalgic feelings in the heart of the listener. She had a great association with producer director lyricist Kidar Sharma ji.

Thanks Swarapriya for this album. Thanks Abhay for the solo version of this delightful song.

smile1.gif

Best Regards
Parag

Thanks Parag. Good things are worth reiterating. Otherwise we wouldn't be listening to our favorite songs over and over again.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post

34 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:18 PM