Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Raj Kapoor

, The Master Showman

34 Pages V « < 23 24 25 26 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Raj Kapoor, The Master Showman
swarapriya
post Jul 30 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #360

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Prem Granth (1996)

Here is another movie that came from the house of Raj Kapoor, a second one after his death. This one was directed by Raj's youngest son, Rajeev Kapoor. The central character of the film again, like the last four Raj Kapoor movies, is a woman in dire trouble with injustices of society based on the cruel caste system. She is accused, abused, ill treated, neglected, and had no energies left in herself to fight the system. Until a new ray of hope comes as love blossoms because someone cared for her to open doors of what life can mean by lighting in her heart a torch of love, laughter, and hope ...

It has some nice songs by Laxmikat & Pyarelal. Because of the number and their lengths, I will post them in two back-to-back posts ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 30 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #361

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Prem Granth (1996)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Erum Hashmi
post Jul 30 2009, 01:33 PM
Post #362

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 428

Thanks, SP for Henna & Prem Granth!

woman is the mirror in which man sees the reflection of his own self, his own dormant and hidden powers of genius when she comes and stands before him
A woman is a meaning to life ! Someone who loves, who cares !

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 30 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #363

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Jul 30 2009, 01:03 AM) *

Thanks, SP for Henna & Prem Granth!

You're very welcome, Erum. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 30 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #364

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Aa Ab Laut Chalen (1999)

This was the third and the last movie that came from RK Films after Raj Kapoor passed away in 1988. This one didn't star any Kapoor but it was directed by Rishi, Raj's second son. Thus each of the three movies following the death of Raj were direcdted by a different son ("Henna" - Randhir, "Prem Granth" - Rajeev, and "Aa Ab Laut Chalen" - Rishi).

I have started this series on Raj Kapoor films last year in early October. Finally, after nearly 10 months after today's upload, it is coming to an end. I want to thank all those who supported by sharing their songs as well as downloading those that were uploaded.

There are eight songs in this movie. The music was composed by Nadeem and Shravan. Usually energetic, these composers gave somewhat of a meek music for this film. I will upload these songs in back-to-back posts. Here is the first set ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 30 2009, 09:50 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 30 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #365

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Aa Ab Laut Chale (1999)" Continued ...

Here are rest of the songs from this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
jigri1
post Jul 30 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #366

Group Icon

Member No.: 1240

Hi swarapriya,

A huge round of applause to you for generously sharing such gems and we are indeed richer for it

clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif

Jigri
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 30 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #367

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(jigri1 @ Jul 30 2009, 09:07 AM) *

Hi swarapriya,

A huge round of applause to you for generously sharing such gems and we are indeed richer for it

clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif

Jigri

Thank you very very much Jigri. You've been a real pal and supporter through out. Thank you again.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
sanjay11
post Jul 31 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #368

Group Icon

Member No.: 86981

please help me to get Songs from the film-Vakil Babu(1981)
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 2 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #369

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sanjay11 @ Jul 30 2009, 11:38 PM) *

please help me to get Songs from the film-Vakil Babu(1981)

These songs are still available in this thread. Here is the path ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...3261&st=346

+Quote Post
vizzmargh
post Sep 8 2009, 09:24 AM
Post #370

Group Icon

Member No.: 19447

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 12 2009, 01:58 AM) *

Songs Of "Sangam (1964)" Contined ...

All songs I am uploading here are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Some of the songs have jumps in them. I cleaned all these songs. The extended version of "Prem Patra" song has nearly 3 minutes of music preceding the actual song and another 30 seconds of music at the end. If you upload separatley all parts 1, 2, and 3 then you don't need to upload the extended version but you will miss the music.

Also, I am suspecting whether the snippet by Mukesh "Peeke Hum Tum" does really belong here? I am not sure whether this is from the movie "Sangam". A similar song is in "Gumnaam" but that was sung by Lata and Asha. I filed away this song under "Sangam". It probably is a mistake. Inspite of my doubts I am including it here.

Now for a description of these songs and the songs themselves ...

I cannot find O mere sanam, I love you ? Where are they? Can any one re upload them?
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Sep 8 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #371

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(vizzmargh @ Sep 8 2009, 01:54 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 12 2009, 01:58 AM) *

Songs Of "Sangam (1964)" Contined ...

All songs I am uploading here are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Some of the songs have jumps in them. I cleaned all these songs. The extended version of "Prem Patra" song has nearly 3 minutes of music preceding the actual song and another 30 seconds of music at the end. If you upload separatley all parts 1, 2, and 3 then you don't need to upload the extended version but you will miss the music.

Also, I am suspecting whether the snippet by Mukesh "Peeke Hum Tum" does really belong here? I am not sure whether this is from the movie "Sangam". A similar song is in "Gumnaam" but that was sung by Lata and Asha. I filed away this song under "Sangam". It probably is a mistake. Inspite of my doubts I am including it here.

Now for a description of these songs and the songs themselves ...

I cannot find O mere sanam, I love you ? Where are they? Can any one re upload them?

Love your sentence construction!

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
rpnawani
post Sep 10 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #372

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49669

Dear Swarapriya,

I missed downloading these songs of Aah as I had these songs. But I found that their sound quality is not good. Therefore, I would appreciate if you could upload these songs again whenever you find some time.

Thanking you in adavance,

rpnawani

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Dec 3 2008, 10:39 PM) *

Aah (1953)

This was the first movie Raj produced but did not direct that was a commercial failure. At least his "Aag" was an artistic triumph even though it did not pan out financially. After garnering unprecedented successes he enjoyed with his earlier movies ("Barsaat" and "Awaara"), the failure of "Aah" was a big downer for Raj. Bunny Reuben, who was a close friend of Raj, writes in Raj’s biography how Raj recalled his "Aah" experience. Raj went and saw the movie on the first day in the Opera House in Bombay and could tell from the way the audience reacted that this movie was going to be a flop. Based on this he decided to revise its ending from tragedy to a somewhat neutral ending where the hero's life is "spared" and is reunited with his sweetheart for eventuality they were to face together. The DVDs that are available out today have this revised version.

If one examines Raj's own home production movies until this point, one key trend stands out. In all these movies one of the key characters either dies or suffers a traumatic experience. In "Aag" this is shown as the dsfigurement of the hero. In "Barsaat" there is a death (Nimmi's). In "Awaara" the hero is imprisoned for life. In the original version of "Aah" the hero dies. Later on this also manifests in several of his other movies.

The story of "Aah" was written by Inder Raj Anand. But nearly final 30 minutes of the movie of the original version was a direct lift from Barua's Devdas (with K.L. Saigal), made in 1935. Here we see the hero traveling in a train with his servant, then using a horse carriage to go to the bride’s place on her wedding night, and eventual death right in front of her bungalow as the wedding procession passes by unaware of his dead body. By the way the horse carriage driver was played by Mukesh singing that famous song “Chhoti Si Zindagani”.

This movie was dubbed into both Telugu and Tamil. I will upload songs from the Telugu movie following this, right in this thread.

I am uploading all of the songs from this movie. They are from a CD. I am also uploading an extended version of "Jhanan Jhanan". This is by the courtesy of the Forum members.

The songs of "Aah", like most of Shankar-Jaikishan's early movies, made history. Each of the song was a major hit. Even though they all are marvelous, one song is a standout. Lataji's "Yeh Shaam Ki Tanhayian" is one of my alltime favorites. I probably heard this zillion times yet I never get tired of it. The sweetness, the melancholy, and the longing were superbly executed in an unforgettable way by Lataji to Shailendra's rich lyrics. This song stays in your heart for ever.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 10 2009, 01:16 AM
Post #373

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(rpnawani @ Sep 9 2009, 12:26 PM) *

Dear Swarapriya,

I missed downloading these songs of Aah as I had these songs. But I found that their sound quality is not good. Therefore, I would appreciate if you could upload these songs again whenever you find some time.

rpnawani

I will be uploading these songs under my other thread "The Three Reigning Queens", but not soon enough for you I suppose. However, I will be happy to mail them to you. Just send me a personal message on how to.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 10 2009, 01:18 AM
+Quote Post
rpnawani
post Sep 9 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #374

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49669

Thanks Swarapriya for your prompt response and your kind offer. Please email these songs at rpnawani@gmail.com.

rpnawani

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 10 2009, 01:16 AM) *

QUOTE(rpnawani @ Sep 9 2009, 12:26 PM) *

Dear Swarapriya,

rpnawani

I will be uploading these songs under my other thread "The Three Reigning Queens", but not soon enough for you I suppose. However, I will be happy to mail them to you. Just send me a personal message on how to.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

+Quote Post

34 Pages V « < 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 08:40 AM