Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shammi Kapoor

, His Movies & His Songs

48 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shammi Kapoor, His Movies & His Songs
lakshmi
post Aug 5 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6864

QUOTE(Exon @ Aug 1 2008, 10:21 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 1 2008, 08:02 PM) *

Jeevan Jyoti (1953)

Shammi made his movie acting debut with another movie made in 1953 called "Thokar". But this movie also was made in the same year. It has music by Burmanda. It was directed by Mahesh Kaul, who was renowned as a brilliant director. The leading lady for this movie was Chand Usmani who was runnerup in a talent and beauty contest (winner was Peace Kanwal). Chand Usmani also is a sister of the great actress Meena Kumari. Pairing with new leading ladies started for Shammi right from the beginning.

Another feature is that Shammi sang a song (a duet) in this movie. Burmanda had Shammi's older brother, the famous Raj Kapoor sing also in "Dil Ki Rani (1947)". I don't know how many other movies of Shammi Burmanda composed music for. Probably not too many.

There are supposed to be 13 songs in this movie. I am able to upload only two of them. Please share with us if you have any missing ones. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below.

Now for details of the songs ...

Swarapriya,

Good luck to this nice thread.
I am uploading most missing songs of Jeevan Jyoti. There is still one missing song, film version of 'chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam'

Most of these song audios originated from HF members. Therefore, all credits go to them.

One song, 'Man Sheetal, Naina Soofal' was written by Pandit Narendra Sharma. All other songs written by Sahir Ludhianvi.

balmaa ne man haar leena, kaisa jaadu kiyaa re, more mujhse cheena re - Asha (3:16 \ 160)

chaandni ki paalki mein bait kar koyi aane waala hai ...
tasveeren nanti hain, kiranon se tanti hain, mere khayaalon mein aa - Asha Bhosle, Shammi Kapoor (4:14 \ 128)

chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam, ghan badaraa gaganwaa jhukan laagi ho - Asha (version song; 3:20 \ 128)

chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam, ghan badaraa gaganwaa jhukan laagi ho - Lata (record ver; 3:08 \ 160)

chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam, ghan badaraa gaganwaa jhukan laagi ho - Lata Mangeshkar, female, chorus (film ver; Missing)

(sakhi re), darshan pyaase nain, nain humaare - Asha (1:52 \ 96)

saari khushiyaan saath aayi, aap jab - Shamshad Begum (3:06 \ 160)

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Asha (version song; 4:01 \ 128)

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Geeta (Film Ver [on Dulari]; 1:19 \ 128)

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Lata (Film ver [on Chand Usmani]; 3:16 \ 160)

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Lata, 2nd female (Film Ver; 1:34 \ 128)

Exon

Thank you very much Swarapriya for starting this wonderful thread and thanks Exon for your contribution.

Lakshmi
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 5 2008, 10:18 PM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(lakshmi @ Aug 5 2008, 05:38 AM) *

Thank you very much Swarapriya for starting this wonderful thread and thanks Exon for your contribution.

Lakshmi

Thank you very much Lakshmiji. Counting on support for any missing songs whenever possible.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 6 2008, 04:12 AM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thokar (1953)

"Thokar" is the movie in which Shammi Kapoor made his debut. He was only 22 then. He did have acting experience touring with Prithvi Theatre Company (his father's) playing bit roles in various plays. By this time, both his father, Prithviraj Kapoor, and his older brother, Raj Kapoor, have firmly established themselves in the movie industry as formidable forces to reckon with. So when he decided to make a plunge into acting in movies, not just one, but five producers signed him.

Unfortunately for Shammi, eventhough he was in the hands of reputable directors, and was a leading man opposite several established actresses (like Madhubala, Nutan, and Suraiya) it wasn't an auspicious start for him. None of these movies were commercial successes.

One great feature about "Thokar" is its music composed by Sardar Malik. The songs "Aye Gham-E-Dil Kya Karoon" are outstanding. These were written by the famous poet Majaz (his picture is given below). In real life Majazji was Asraar Ul Haq. He was uncle of the great lyricist of today, Javed Akhtar. Javed Akhtar's father, himself another great lyricist, Jan Nisar Akhtar, was married to Majajz's sister.

Majazji was considered to be a romantic poet. He was regarded by many as Keats of India. Among others he was a contemporary of Sahir Ludhianvi. Eventhough Sahir initially didn't have good opinion of Majazji as a person (Majaz was an alocoholic), his poems won over him and they became very good friends until Majaz's death in 1955 at the young age of 44. For several years preceding his death, Majazji who depeneded on heavy drinking suffered several nervous breakdowns and also was institutionalized for some time. Inspite of all kinds of hardships, the genius in Majaz was still alive and stayed sober enough to write. His works were published in several books. One of his famous books is "Awaara". The song "Aye Gham-E-Dil" is one of the songs from that book.

Government of India honored Majaz's meomory by issuing a commemorative stamp recently in March 2008.

I am uploading four songs of this album. Two missing songs are listed in red italiics in the table below. Requesting members to share them if they have them. The song list may or may not be complete.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Aug 6 2008, 12:51 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
surhall
post Aug 6 2008, 05:33 AM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 86

sangeet ka safar have this video

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare

this song movie ___???

music ???

LY---???

singer ??
dhall
+Quote Post
surhall
post Aug 6 2008, 07:57 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(surhall @ Aug 6 2008, 05:33 AM) *

this song movie ___???

music ???

LY---???

singer ??
dhall

hi I wating for were this song come ?? same movie ??

dhall
+Quote Post
Exon
post Aug 6 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(surhall @ Aug 6 2008, 07:57 PM) *

this song movie ___???

music ???

LY---???

singer ??
dhall

dhall

Dear Surhall,

I listened to the song on YouTube. RajDulare
raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare tohe dil mein basaaoon, tohe geet sunaaoon
geet sunaaoon, ho mere akhiyon ke taare, main toh waari waari jaaoon

According to the video title, it is from a Pakistani film called Naukar.

Exon

+Quote Post
surhall
post Aug 6 2008, 08:28 PM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Aug 6 2008, 08:15 PM) *

QUOTE(surhall @ Aug 6 2008, 07:57 PM) *

this song movie ___???

music ???

LY---???

singer ??
dhall

dhall

Dear Surhall,

I listened to the song on YouTube. RajDulare
raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare tohe dil mein basaaoon, tohe geet sunaaoon
geet sunaaoon, ho mere akhiyon ke taare, main toh waari waari jaaoon

According to the video title, it is from a Pakistani film called Naukar.

Exon

this same song( words) ??
dhall
+Quote Post
HarshBhatt
post Aug 7 2008, 05:28 AM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8788

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Rocking Rocking Rocking Rocking Rocking Rocking Rocking biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by HarshBhatt: Aug 7 2008, 05:29 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 8 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Chor Bazar (1954)

This movie, "Chor Bazar (1954)", is another one of the series of movies that met the same fate as other earlier efforts of Shammi. He had tough early going.

Sardar Malik provided the tunes for this movie. I happen to have only three songs from it. There are at least three other songs that are missing. These are shown in red italics in the following table. There may be others missing too. If any one of our members have better knowledge about these songs and have the songs, please share with us.

Now for details of the songs of "Chor Bazar (1954)" and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 8 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ehsaan (1954)

Maestro Madan Mohan was in-charge for the music of this movie. There seven are songs I know of that are in this album. I got only two of them that I am uploading. Requesting members to share missinng songs if they have them. These are shown in red italics in the table below.

Now for the details of the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Exon
post Aug 8 2008, 06:17 PM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 8 2008, 12:36 PM) *

Chor Bazar (1954)

This movie, "Chor Bazar (1954)", is another one of the series of movies that met the same fate as other earlier efforts of Shammi. He had tough early going.

Sardar Malik provided the tunes for this movie. I happen to have only three songs from it. There are at least three other songs that are missing. These are shown in red italics in the following table. There may be others missing too. If any one of our members have better knowledge about these songs and have the songs, please share with us.

Now for details of the songs of "Chor Bazar (1954)" and the songs themselves ...

Swarapriya,

Thanks a lot for the Chor Bazaar songs.
One song, 'Dar-dar ki tokre hain' is often associated with Hoor-e-Arab movie.
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=476581
I don't know the details. It's possible, it was recorded for Chor Bazaar and used in Hoor-e-Arab. Senior members may please clarify.

Exon

This post has been edited by Exon: Aug 8 2008, 06:18 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 8 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Gul Sanobar (1954)

There are at least six songs in this album. They were composed by Bulo C. Rani. The song "Kya Aise Bhi Aansoo Hain" may have been composed by Khayyam under the name Sharmaji. However, I do not have a single song from this album. I am inviting members to share if they happen to have any of these songs. The song list, which may or may not be complete, is given below:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 8 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Mehbooba (1954)

This movie eventhough was commercially unsuccessful, became a milestone in the Hindi film industry as a movie in which Lata Mangeshkar refused to sing for the music director O.P. Nayyar who midway through its production replaced Roshan, who was signed to be the original music director. The producer of the movie, K. Amarnath, decided to replace Roshanji after he composed three songs for this movie with O.P.

It is not clear why Lataji lost her cool with OP. She already had a solo and a duet recorded for the movie by Roshan. OP, who has one or two movies under his belt and not yet a recognizable name, retorted to Lataji, who already could wield enormous clout in the film industry, that he didn't needed her. To make things worse Shamshadji declared publicly that she will be more than happy to sing for OP. OP did use her voice for the songs he composed for this movie. All in all he had five songs to Roshanji's three.

These songs are hard to find. Until a week ago I didn't have a single one. But Sukeshji, one of our prolific contributor to the Forum, uploaded couple of songs from this film. I am uploading only those songs here. The missing songs are given in the table below in red italics. If anyone of the members have them, please kindly share.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 8 2008, 07:43 PM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Aug 8 2008, 05:47 AM) *

Swarapriya,

Thanks a lot for the Chor Bazaar songs.
One song, 'Dar-dar ki tokre hain' is often associated with Hoor-e-Arab movie.
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=476581
I don't know the details. It's possible, it was recorded for Chor Bazaar and used in Hoor-e-Arab. Senior members may please clarify.

Exon

Thanks for the info. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Aug 8 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 8 2008, 07:12 AM) *

Mehbooba (1954)

This movie eventhough was commercially unsuccessful, became a milestone in the Hindi film industry as a movie in which Lata Mangeshkar refused to sing for the music director O.P. Nayyar who midway through its production replaced Roshan, who was signed to be the original music director.

It is not clear why Lataji lost her cool with OP. She already had a solo and a duet recorded for the movie by Roshan. OP, who has one or two movies under his belt and not yet a recognizable name, retorted to Lataji, who already could wield enormous clout in the film industry, that he didn't needed her.

OP, in many of his interviews, has strongly refused this. He maintained that he never intended to invite Lata ji for recording any song because he always thought that her "thin" voice did not suit his compositions. I am not sure if Shamshad ji did or did not make a public statement on the matter of songs in this film.

Thanks for bringing out one after another rare albums of the golden fifties !

Cheers
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post

48 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:49 PM