Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shammi Kapoor

, His Movies & His Songs

48 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shammi Kapoor, His Movies & His Songs
swarapriya
post Oct 5 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #151

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(jigri1 @ Oct 4 2008, 12:22 PM) *

Thanks swarapriya ji !!! This has all the stamps (mohars) of a great share !!!

Jigri ji, I always look forward to your next response. They always seem to leave your stamp on them. Cheers. -S
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 5 2008, 09:28 PM
Post #152

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(hildebrand @ Oct 5 2008, 02:57 AM) *

Thanks for Dil Deke Dekho and Mohar.

Usha Khanna is not the first lady music director in hindi film industry.
The first woman composer was Jaddan Bai, mother of Nargis, who produced, directed and composed the music for Talash-e-Haq (1935).
In the same year, Saraswati Devi scored the music for Bombay Talkies' film Jawani Ki Hawa. Unlike Jaddan Bai she was a full fledged composer for many years to come. She was actually a Parsi lady whose real name was Khursheed Manchershah Minocher-Homji . These are some of her other movies I got from a website:-
1. Jhoola (1941)
2. Naya Sansaar (1941)
3. Bhakt Raidas (1943)
4. Prarthana (1943)
5. Dr. Kumar (1944)
6. Aamrapali (1945)
7. Maharani Minaldevi (1946)
8. Khandaani (1947)
9. Naqli Heera (1948)
10. Usha Haran (1949)
11. Achhut Kanya (1936) (very famous for this)
12. Naqli Heera (1948)
13. Bachelor Husband (1950)
14. Bandhan (1940) (famous for the song Chal Chal Re Naujawaan)

Her picture is attached.

Hildebrand ji,

Thanks for the information about feamle music dirrectors. That was very educational to me. It appears to me that Saraswati Devi was a successful composer as evidenced by the number of films for which she scored music. I wonder why this didn't encourage other talented women to come forward and become music directors? Talent is something that is independent of the genders. And I don't believe there was any dearth of talented women in our country.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
shabi
post Oct 7 2008, 07:41 AM
Post #153

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10105

does any 1 have info and 2 rafi songs from unreleased shammi kapoor film mr romeo
+Quote Post
hildebrand
post Oct 7 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #154

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 39973

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 5 2008, 09:28 PM) *

Hildebrand ji,

Thanks for the information about female music dirrectors. That was very educational to me. It appears to me that Saraswati Devi was a successful composer as evidenced by the number of films for which she scored music. I wonder why this didn't encourage other talented women to come forward and become music directors? Talent is something that is independent of the genders. And I don't believe there was any dearth of talented women in our country.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

You are most welcome Swarapriya ji.
I agree talent is independent of gender. Reason for having a male dominated music field could be that film industry has not been seen as a good career opportunity for women for various reasons. Hence their presence is less in the music field although they definitely would give quality music like some of these ladies have given. Ladies have been more ready to be singers. Asha ji was offered a number of times by various filmmakers post of composer but she stuck to singing. Lata Mangeshkar has also given music in following marathi movies under assumed name of Anand Ghan:-
* 1950 - Ram Ram Pavhana
* 1963 - Maratha Tituka Melvava
* 1963 - Mohityanchi Manjula
* 1965 - Sadhi Manase
* 1969 - Tambadi Mati

She won Maharashtra State Government's Best Music Director Award for the film Sadhi Manase. The song Airanichya deva tula from the same film received best song award.
Perhaps music composition was seen as more full time job than singing for which ladies were not ready due to family commitments.

This post has been edited by hildebrand: Oct 7 2008, 03:53 PM

Best Regards
Hildebrand

Samandar ko Baandhe Aisa Koi Ghaat Nahi, Kadmon ko thaame aisi koi baat nahin Patli si dhaara samundar mein milti hai, milkar ke kho jaati hai, ghaat ghaat hi rehte hain woh samundar ho jaati hai, karlo jo chaaho, banlo jo chaaho

“Geet boodhe nahin hote, unke chehron pe jhurriyan nahi girti
wo palte rahte hain, chalte rahte hain
sun-ne walo ki umra badal jaati hai….”

Please Visit
http://www.anmolfankaar.com: A website dedicated to Artists of the Indian Subcontinent. Now follow it on twitter too. http://twitter.com/anmolfankaar

http://www.shamshadbegum.com : A website dedicated to the Living Legend Shamshad Begum. May She Live Long.

http://www.madamnoorjehan.com : A website dedicated to Madam Noorjehan

http://www.geetadutt.com : A website dedicated to Geeta Dutt Nee Roy
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 8 2008, 04:37 AM
Post #155

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(hildebrand @ Oct 7 2008, 03:21 AM) *

[You are most welcome Swarapriya ji.
I agree talent is independent of gender. Reason for having a male dominated music field could be that film industry has not been seen as a good career opportunity for women for various reasons. Hence their presence is less in the music field although they definitely would give quality music like some of these ladies have given. Ladies have been more ready to be singers. Asha ji was offered a number of times by various filmmakers post of composer but she stuck to singing. Lata Mangeshkar has also given music in following marathi movies under assumed name of Anand Ghan:-
* 1950 - Ram Ram Pavhana
* 1965 - Sadhi Manase
* 1969 - Tambadi Mati

She won Maharashtra State Government's Best Music Director Award for the film Sadhi Manase. The song Airanichya deva tula from the same film received best song award.
Perhaps music composition was seen as more full time job than singing for which ladies were not ready due to family commitments.

Thanks again for tons of new info. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 8 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #156

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Raat Ke Raahi (1959)

I do not have too many details of this movie except that it starred Jabeen Jalil and Shammi Kapoor in the leading roles. Its music was provided by Jaidev (two songs) and Bipin & Babul (rest). I have only two songs from this album. Both are at 192 Kb/s. Lyrics for both the songs were penned by Vishwamitra Adil. Here are the details of these two songs:

1. "Aa Bhi Jaa Bewafaa" by Asha Bhosle. Duration 4:57
2. "Ek Nazar Ek Adaa" by Mohd. Rafi. Duration 3:52

Here are these two songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Oct 9 2008, 05:56 AM
+Quote Post
smahesh
post Oct 8 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #157

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 36984

two songs of ''raat ke rahi'' were composed by jaidev while rest were composed by bipin babul.

here is ''maine pi bhi hai'' by rafi sahab composed by bipin-babul.

enjoy,
mahesh
+Quote Post
smahesh
post Oct 8 2008, 01:27 PM
Post #158

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 36984

here are two jaidev composed ashaji solos from raat ke raahi.
these songs being uploaded as a tribute to priya who had sent me ''pau baarah''

regards,
mahesh
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 8 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #159

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(smahesh @ Oct 8 2008, 12:57 AM) *

here are two jaidev composed ashaji solos from raat ke raahi.
these songs being uploaded as a tribute to priya who had sent me ''pau baarah''
regards,
mahesh

Thank you Maheshji for sharing the songs with us. Cheers. -S

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Oct 9 2008, 05:54 AM
+Quote Post
hildebrand
post Oct 9 2008, 02:39 AM
Post #160

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 39973

Thankyou Swarapriya ji and Mahesh ji for the upload.

This post has been edited by hildebrand: Oct 9 2008, 02:41 AM

Best Regards
Hildebrand

Samandar ko Baandhe Aisa Koi Ghaat Nahi, Kadmon ko thaame aisi koi baat nahin Patli si dhaara samundar mein milti hai, milkar ke kho jaati hai, ghaat ghaat hi rehte hain woh samundar ho jaati hai, karlo jo chaaho, banlo jo chaaho

“Geet boodhe nahin hote, unke chehron pe jhurriyan nahi girti
wo palte rahte hain, chalte rahte hain
sun-ne walo ki umra badal jaati hai….”

Please Visit
http://www.anmolfankaar.com: A website dedicated to Artists of the Indian Subcontinent. Now follow it on twitter too. http://twitter.com/anmolfankaar

http://www.shamshadbegum.com : A website dedicated to the Living Legend Shamshad Begum. May She Live Long.

http://www.madamnoorjehan.com : A website dedicated to Madam Noorjehan

http://www.geetadutt.com : A website dedicated to Geeta Dutt Nee Roy
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 10 2008, 05:20 AM
Post #161

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(hildebrand @ Oct 8 2008, 02:09 PM) *

Thankyou Swarapriya ji and Mahesh ji for the upload.

Hildebrand ji, you're very welcome. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Oct 10 2008, 05:36 AM
Post #162

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(hildebrand @ Oct 7 2008, 03:21 AM) *

Lata Mangeshkar has also given music in following marathi movies under assumed name of Anand Ghan:-
* 1950 - Ram Ram Pavhana
* 1965 - Sadhi Manase
* 1969 - Tambadi Mati

This is slightly off the topic and I don't mean to spam this great thread, but here are my comments.

Being a person from Maharashtra, I have thoroughly enjoyed the melodious music composed by Lata ji. With all the due respect to the nightingale, I fail to understand why she chose to use a nickname when it came to composing the music for Marathi films. The word "Anandghan" means the cloud which brings joy. This word is not gender specific but not feminine for sure. I mean Lata ji was at the peak of her popularity as singer when she composed music for these films, yet she did not use her name. Kind of strange!

And talking of the only notable and famous female music composer Usha Khanna, its a sad story that in spite of a great talent and a grand debut she was relegated to composing music for mostly low budget films (and even some not so family oriented films at the far end of her career).

Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 10 2008, 05:45 AM
Post #163

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ujala (1959)

If my memory serves right, this was the very firtst film for which Shankar & Jaikishan provided music for a Shammi Kapoor movie. Shammi became a good friend of the music duo when he also worked at Prithvi Theaters where both Shankar and Jaikishan worked. They were good friends of his older brother Raj and rest of the family, so naturally he became friends with them. Jaikishan was much junior to Shankar in age and Shammi became very close to him.

The music duo weren't certain yet who should be singing for Shammi. This movie was an experiment. They had both Manna Dey and Mukesh sing for him. Irrespective of who the singers were, the music was a huge hit. All of the songs were very popular. Both of the solos by Lataji were immensely popular. The duet of Lataji and Manna Dey "Jhoomta Masusam Mast Mahina" was on the top of the charts for a long time. With Shammi in the lead role, these type of boisterously funny songs were a commonplace.

Here are the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Oct 10 2008, 12:01 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 10 2008, 05:55 AM
Post #164

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Basant (1960)

Songs of this movie are posted in O.P. Nayyar section. The path is:

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry538312

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 15 2008, 11:56 PM
Post #165

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

College Girl (1960)

Shammi and Shankar & Jaikishan are back together. The music duo who were experimenting with who should be the singing voice for Shammi, finally settled down with Rafi Saab. The team of Shammi-Rafi-Shankar-Jaikishan will churn out awsome hits in the years to come.

There are eight songs in this movie. I am uploading seven of them here. I am missing one song. This is shown in red italics below. Requesting the Forum membership to share this song if they have it. I am also uploading four extended versions of the songs. These are courtesy of the Forum members.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themsleves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Oct 15 2008, 11:57 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

48 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:42 PM