Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shammi Kapoor

, His Movies & His Songs

48 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shammi Kapoor, His Movies & His Songs
swarapriya
post Nov 2 2008, 11:24 PM
Post #196

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Junglee (1961)

"Junglee" elevated Shammi Kapoor to a bankable superstar status. The songs, the movie, its then new petite heroine it all worked together in the favor of the movie. The movie went on to celebrate diamond jubilee at many locations. Its songs are still fun to listen to.

The catch word "Yahoo" was famous even before internet came along, thanks to Shammi & Rafi Saab. By the way, I read some place that in the movie "Yahoo" was uttered (more like shouted) by the director Prayag Raj. Also, for the song "Sukoo Sukoo", these words in the song were actually spoken, apparently by the music director Shankar himself.

I am uploading all eight songs from the movie from a CD. These are at 192 Kb/s. I am also uploading several extended versions of the songs. These are courtesy of the Forum members and are being uploaded at their original bit rates.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 2 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #197

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Extended Version of Songs From "Junglee (1961)"

Here are extended versions of some of the songs from the album "Junglee (1961)". All these songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
vdsachin
post Nov 3 2008, 09:46 AM
Post #198

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 62523

Swarnapriya Ji Thank You So Much for the longer versions of Junglee smile.gif
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Nov 3 2008, 10:11 AM
Post #199

Group Icon

Member No.: 335

Swarapriya, I know by now that I if I need something I don't even need to ask - I just need to check your uploads! I was missing my favourite song from Junglee - "din saaraa guzaaraa" - and within a day of my deciding to check my CDs, I find the song on HF. I put up a request for the Minu Purushottam song from "Prem Parbat", and Exon promptly points me to your upload on the Jaidev thread. Hats off to you!

Thanks and warm regards,
Abhay
+Quote Post
RajanCS
post Nov 3 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #200

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 53432

Swarapriyaji,

Thanks for uploading this album. I am able to get excellent quality recording of the songs from your uploads. Thanks a lot.

Rajan.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 3 2008, 12:33 PM
Post #201

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(vdsachin @ Nov 2 2008, 08:16 PM) *

You're very welcome Sachin ji. How about if we mutually agree to drop "ji" from henceforth? Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 3 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #202

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(abhayp @ Nov 2 2008, 08:41 PM) *

Swarapriya, I know by now that I if I need something I don't even need to ask - I just need to check your uploads! I was missing my favourite song from Junglee - "din saaraa guzaaraa" - and within a day of my deciding to check my CDs, I find the song on HF. I put up a request for the Minu Purushottam song from "Prem Parbat", and Exon promptly points me to your upload on the Jaidev thread. Hats off to you!

Thanks and warm regards,
Abhay

Abhay, you're a pal. Thanks for the nice words. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 3 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #203

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(RajanCS @ Nov 2 2008, 09:42 PM) *

Swarapriyaji,

Thanks for uploading this album. I am able to get excellent quality recording of the songs from your uploads. Thanks a lot.

Rajan.

Thanks a whole bunch Rajan. Please let's agree to drop addressing "ji" after our names. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
vdsachin
post Nov 3 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #204

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 62523

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 3 2008, 12:33 PM) *

QUOTE(vdsachin @ Nov 2 2008, 08:16 PM) *

You're very welcome Sachin ji. How about if we mutually agree to drop "ji" from henceforth? Cheers. -S

Dropped it Swarnapriya smile.gif
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 6 2008, 01:51 PM
Post #205

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

China Town (1962)

After a string of successes Shammi enjoyed with Shankar & Jaikishan at the helm of music, he insisted on having them to be the composers for all of his films. But Shakti Samanta was a good friend of Shammi. When he signed Ravi to compose music for "China Town" Shammi couldn't argue with him. It was a good thing too. Because the music was certainly one of the brightest things of this movie. Every song was a major hit. Rafi sang seven out of eight songs in this movie, all duets except for one. That solo, "Baar Baar Dekho", was a smash. So were his duets. Asha sang six songs, five duets with Rafi Saab and a solo.

I am uplaoding all of the songs from a CD. The extended version of "Yamma Yamma" is by the courtesy of the Forum members. Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 6 2008, 09:15 PM

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 6 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #206

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "China Town (1962)" Continued ...

Now for the last song of "China Town" and its extended version (a contibution of the Forum members) ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 10 2008, 01:23 PM
Post #207

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Professor (1962)

Here is an all out entertainer from the Eagle Films production house. They made series of movies with Shammi in the lead with most of them becoming popular. This movie was no exception. It has only six songs but they were all very popular. Shammi was nominated for Filmfare best actor award but didn't win. He lost to Ashok Kumar for "Rakhi". Hasrat Jaipuri was nominated for the song "Gulbadan". But he lost to Shakeel Badayuni for the song "Kahin Deep Jale" in "Bees Saal Baad". However, the music directors Shankar & Jaikishan won for the best music. It is ironic that "Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam" which was also released in 1962, in spite of its magnificent music never even got nominated. But Hemant da's other movie of 1962, "Bees Saal Baad" was nominated but lost. I am not complaining about the music of "Professor". I love the songs. They were all crowd pleasers and very popular. But "Sahib Bibi Ghulam's" music was a class act.

Here is Shammi costarring with another newcomer, in this case, Kalpana. Because of her limited talent, she didn't last in the movies for too long. Apart from this movie she had only one more winner in Dev Anand-starrer "Teen Deviyan".

In 1999, this movie was remade with Ravina Tandon and Govinda. Name of the movie was "Anari No. 1". Aruna Irani played the portion of Lalita Pawar. But this movie didn't click.

I am uploading all six songs from the movie CD album. I am also uploading extended versions of all six songs. Some of these were DVD rips and others were contributed by the Forum members. As is habit with me, I may have saved some of these songs from lower bit rates to 192 kb/s. My apologies if this causes any discomfort.

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 10 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #208

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Extended Version Songs of "Professor (1962)"

Here are the extended version of all the songs of "Professor (1962)". Some of these are DVD rips and others were contributed by the Forum members. I may have changed the original bit rates. Here are the songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 10 2008, 01:42 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 15 2008, 10:38 AM
Post #209

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Vallah Kya Baat Hai (1962)

Here is a Shammi Kapoor film for which Roshan ji composed music. This is some what of a rarity. Even though there are some catchy tunes, I think the results are mixed. I am uplaoding all of the songs from a CD. Here are the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
yob
post Nov 17 2008, 01:03 AM
Post #210

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 12259

a-rare video--from---1954 movie--mehbooba----a-shammi kapoor-nalini jaywant film--md-roshan
lata singing--aake ab aata nahin--3.27min.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
Bobby mudgel

PANDIT BOLA YE RAAT HAI----MULLA BHI BOLA YE RAAT HAI
YE SUBEH SUBEH KI BAAT HAI'

"brutality to an animal is cruelty to mankind-its only da difference in the victim."

you don't need testimonials and trumpets to prove kishore kumar the best'

IPB Image
+Quote Post

48 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:11 AM