Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Nostalgia......yesteryear Actresses

65 Pages V « < 33 34 35 36 37 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nostalgia......yesteryear Actresses
jassi
post Oct 7 2007, 10:39 AM
Post #511

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7657

now a days many yesteryear stars are coming outt with their autobiographies..

i was looking for this coffee table book inspiring beauties by lux(mentioned in upper msg),but i could not get it in my town..even its not availble online..
anyone have any information regarding it,where i can get it..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 8 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #512

Group Icon

Exclusive: Nargis Letter To Daughter Warning About Sanjay Dutt's Friends

Tanya Palta, September 10, 2007

Hindu has obtained an exclusive letter written by yesteryear actress Nargis and mother to Superstar Sanjay Dutt. The letter is extremely poignant and is addressed to Sanjay’s sister Namrata.

“Please look after Sanju, see that he does not get mixed up with those silly boys again. He is too stupid in his head, he does not realize what he is doing and know it is going to hurt him,” wrote Nargis to Anju, as Namrata is fondly called by the family, while going to US for her treatment.

Talking about the fear and pain of the realisation that she might just have to leave her family behind forever, Nargis wrote, “I am in such a mental condition, I have gone far away from all of you, and I don’t know what is going to happen but I have faith in God, he is not going to be so cruel as to not send me back to all of you. I know how much all of you love me, keep praying for me that all will be well with me.” The letters are part of a forthcoming book written by Priya, Namrata along with some contribution by Sanjay Dutt titled, ‘Mr and Mrs Dutt, Memories of our Parents’ and is scheduled to be released by Roli Books later this month.

In a letter to Sanjay after he was sent to a boarding school, Nargis asking him to concentrate on his studies and keep doing well without even giving a chance to teachers to get angry at him.

“Now you have promised to do even better and I promise I will come and see you every month. You know you are our only son and we have great hopes on you. You must study hard and become a big man so that you can look after us in the old age,” she wrote.

In another letter to Sanjay, she advised, “So no more crying. Pay attention in your class. There is plenty of time for you to play. Please Sanjay, be attentive in your class, you must do this much to please your mother.”

Sanjay has often talked about the trauma that the family had undergone because of the demise of Nargis and how he turned to drugs to overcome his griefs but Namrata provides much deeper insights into how the family reacted after Nargis’ death.

She writes, “Dad was devastated. He couldn’t sleep in their bedroom any more. We volunteered to sleep in the same room as he did, but he’d wake up in the middle of the night and leave. In a panic, we’d get up and look for him, only to discover he was lying on the sofa in the living room, having fallen asleep again. Sometimes he would go to the graveyard at four in the morning and just sit by Mom’s grave. Finally we realized we had to act maturely and be strong for him. He must have felt completely alone. He must have wondered, “What am I going to do with these three children? There’s no one to share my life. No one I can talk to.” He had shared everything with Mom. His work, his life, everything, and now she had gone,” says Namrata in the book.

She adds, “Priya and I gradually took over the running of the house. I had never entered the kitchen before, and now had to take charge. Fortunately we had a cook and staff who lived on the premises, and so the house began to function again. But the ordeal of the past few years caught up with Dad. He was overwhelmed with grief. He was unable to work or sleep. He was falling apart. Nothing made sense to him any longer. He had tried to save Mom, but failed. All the statues and images of gods and goddesses were removed from the house and immersed in the flowing seawater. We were angry with God. How could He have done this to us?”
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 8 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #513

Group Icon

Sunday MiD DAY culls out the personal notes in Mr. And Mrs. Dutt, a memoir of Sunil and Nargis Dutt

Nargis’s tender letter to Sanjay, while he was studying at Lawrence boarding school, Sanawar near Kasauli

Darling son Sanjay,

After I left you in school I was terribly disturbed — you were crying and I was feeling very bad. Sanjay — I know my boy that you must be missing home and me, we miss you too.

The house is empty without you — but Sanjay you must try to understand that it is for your own good — you will be a good student — and study well over there — Your results there are much better than what they were in Bombay. Now you have promised to do even better and I promise I will come to see you every month — you know you are our only son and we have great hopes on you — You must study hard and become a big man so that you can look after us in our old age.

So no more crying — pay attention in your class — there is plenty of time for you to play — please Sanjay for my sake be more attentive in your class. You must do this much to please your mother — I hope you secure better marks. Be a good boy; don’t give any chance to your teachers to be angry with you anytime.

Promise me that you will study well — look after yourself you are a big boy — we love you too too much — you know that — God bless you and keep you away from all harm.

With all my love and kisses to you,
Your loving mama

Nargis’s letter to Namrata (whose pet name was Anju), just after she left for the US the first time for cancer treatment. Everyone imagined she would be home within weeks. But it was almost a year before she could returnDearest Anju,

Your most affectionate letter — I opened in flight, but could not read right through — because I started crying — I am in such a mental condition, I have gone far away from all of you, and I don’t what is going to happen, but I have faith in God, he is not going to be so cruel as to not send me back to all of you — I know how much all of you love me, keep praying for me that all will be well with me.

Please look after Sanju, see that he does not get mixed up with those silly boys again. He is too stupid in his head, he does not realize what he is doing and how it is going to pain him.

We are heading towards London, and from London there is another 7 hours journey — it is very tiring. As soon as we reach New York we will talk to you — give my love to Nix and tell her, her card was really sweet.

I won’t forget to bring your candy, shoes, anything else you want, you must let me know after we give you the address. Lots of love & look after yourself and the house.

Yours,
Mom

Nargis Dutt’s will, bequeathing everything to her loving husband

I am writing my will in control of all my faculties and in complete senses. This is to record that in eventuality of my passing away anytime anywhere any day, I want that all my belongings should be given to my husband Shri Sunil Dutt. My locker should be allowed to be opened by him.

He should be in full possession of everything in the locker and deal with the things in them as he likes.

My property should be transferred to him. I consider him the only person who can deal with every possession I have. Actually there is nothing that belongs to me; in fact everything is given to me by him.

He has been my mentor, my friend and a very loving husband, and a wonderful father to my children. I love them all with all my heart and soul. So God be with them at this hour of separation and I pray for a good life for all of them.

(signed)
Mrs Nargis S Dutt

MOVIES CELEBRITIES MUSIC

NEWS | FEATURES | REVIEWS | DOWNLOADS | PREVIEWS | BROADBAND | STILLS | MOBILE | FORUM | TRADE

Letters from the Dutts
By Mid-Day, October 8, 2007 - 09:54 IST

In 1979, the Dutt family posed for this photograph, which was sent to friends as a New Year card. It was impossible for any of these smiling faces to guess that two years later, life would turn so bleak

Sanjay Dutt’s letter to his sister Priya while he was held at Thane jail for possessing illegal arms

Thane Jail,
29th Oct, ’94

My dearest darling sister Pri,

Hi! I hope you all are fine, and I hope you all have got my speed post. The days are passing slow and it get (sic) boring in here, but I have to pass them somehow — I read, write and pray a lot.

I started reading the “Ramayan” today and it is fantastic. I really haven’t seen you properly nor have I received any letter from you — please write back to me and tell me what’s happening.

It’s 11.30 at night right now and I can’t sleep. I am thinking about all the Diwalis we all spent together and it makes me sad that I can’t be with you all this year, but God willing and with the grace of Baba, we will have many more beautiful Diwalis together. Pri, this Diwali call Rhea (Pillai) home and let her spend Diwali with the family — it will make me real happy.

You know Pri today, I washed my room — I put water and then Dettol soap, took a jhadoo and really did safai (written in Hindi) like we used to do on our terrace and now my room is all shining.

Dad came to see me today and he was sounding pretty good and positive and that was good. I wonder what’s happening. He keeps telling me (that in) November things will fall in place — I hope it is TRUE — I am dying to come back home now. It’s enough.

How is (sic) Anju, Saachi and Siya (Namrata and her daughters)? Tell them I miss them and how is Bunts (Kumar Gaurav)? Tell him to have a drink for me. Rest all is fine. I just hope to be out soon — at least by Dec end or early Jan.

I pray to God to make that possible. I miss you all and love you all too much. Write and tell me what’s happening, anything positive? Rest all fine — I love you and miss you too much.

Lots of love,
Your Bhaiya

PS: Where is Baba’s photograph Anju was sending? Send it soon.

for rare pics of this article..visit
http://www.indiafm.com/slideshow/2007/10/08/114/index1.html
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Oct 8 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #514

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6151

Jassi thanks a lot for these articles thumbs-up.gif ......i know a lot of effort has gone into it.... smile.gif

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives
by altering their attitudes of mind

-William James
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Oct 8 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #515

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20340

Jassi..thankyou verymuch. Nargis Ji's will is so touching. Am a great admirer of Sunil Dutt ..he is a very nice humanbeing...the best.

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 9 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #516

Group Icon

yeah its very touching..such grt letters,i was so sad when i read it
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Oct 9 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #517

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Luminaries....Mumtaz

Mumtaz realised an impossible dream. In an industry notorious for its non-egalitarianism, she was that rare actress who rose from non-featured roles to become the most saleable actress of the early 70s, through sheer charm, sunny good humour, and feisty sexuality.

Though Mumtaz, with her youth and jaunty insouciance, very obviously fit into the image of the conventional Hindi film heroine, it took producers a long time to recognise it. Little Mumtaz and her sister, Mallika, had started going to the studios, as soon as they entered their teens, doing whatever roles came their way. Their origins were strictly middle-class but their mother Naaz, and their aunt, Neelofer, had been celebrated beauties in their times. Mumtaz inherited their allure and soon outpaced Mallika as she started winning attention for small roles in major films like Sehra (1963) and Mere Sanam (1965).

Mumtaz realised an impossible dream. In an industry notorious for its non-egalitarianism, she was that rare actress who rose from non-featured roles to become the most saleable actress of the early 70s, through sheer charm, sunny good humour, and feisty sexuality.

Though Mumtaz, with her youth and jaunty insouciance, very obviously fit into the image of the conventional Hindi film heroine, it took producers a long time to recognise it. Little Mumtaz and her sister, Mallika, had started going to the studios, as soon as they entered their teens, doing whatever roles came their way. Their origins were strictly middle-class but their mother Naaz, and their aunt, Neelofer, had been celebrated beauties in their times. Mumtaz inherited their allure and soon outpaced Mallika as she started winning attention for small roles in major films like Sehra (1963) and Mere Sanam (1965).

Mumtaz became the toast of the early 70s. She magnanimously forgave those who had snubbed her in the past. Shashi Kapoor had once rejected films opposite her, yet she cheerily did Chor Machaye Shor when he was going through a low phase. Mumtaz strongly espoused the cause of the other artistes. Her protégéé, Shatrughan Sinha, swears eternal gratitude to Mumtaz.

Onscreen, she was a mantrap, yet every gesture was calculated for cuteness. A stray Khilona (1970) won her praise for her acting but Mumtaz never disavowed the oft-repeated analysis that her appeal lay in her flagrant sexiness. She continued to flaunt her physicality in Apradh and Loafer. Unfortunately, her attempts at respectability, Aap ki Kasam and Prem Kahani, did not quite come off, and the film industry once again under-utilised an actress whose forte was not melodrama but a joie de vivre that gave her a direct link to the audience.
The maverick was on the crest of fresh wave of success in 1974 (Roti, Chor Machaye Shor) when she decided to give it all up for marriage to London-based Gujrati Millionaire, Mayur Madhwani. Sixteen years and two daughters later, rumbles of trouble invaded her marital paradise. "I have 10 houses but no home", she lamented. Mumtaz took an ill-advised plunge back into films with Aandhiyaan (1990). But the audience turned away disappointed. This was not the vibrating reincarnation of the Mumu they expected. This was not the full-of-beans jeune fille they had loved. The button nose was still there but that trademark sparkle in the eyes was conspicuous by its absence.

:source:

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives

-William James
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 13 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #518

Group Icon

i really wonder if mumtaz was missing her early days in bollywood that she signed nagin when she was abt retire,ofcourse by that time rekha and reena were not that big stars,and rajkumar kohli wanted some star face too,so he signed mumtaz,but this film might have upset her many fans,i think if zeenat eat mumtaz in hare rama hare krishna,reena beat mumtaz in nagin..
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Oct 23 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #519

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Rakhee - Born 15 August 1947

One looks at Raakhee and are immediately drawn to her gaze. There is a melancholy there, an
exquisite languid beautiful sadness. Her oval face, doe shaped honey colored eyes and perfectly
shaped royal Begali nose captures the attention.....She was truly a photographers dream....

Raakhee is born August 15, Independence Day. That might count for why this light-eyed and beauteous
Bengali actress has always exhibited a strongly independent streak in the manner in which she steered
the course of her life and career.
Raakhee had to learn to be self-reliant at a very young age. She was born in a big family just outside
Kolkata. After her father suffered losses in his business, a young Raakhee went to live with actress
Sandhya Roy. While still in her teens, Raakhee had an ill-starred marriage to filmmaker
Ajay Biswas.

She was given a break by the producer-actor Sunil Dutt in his movie Reshma aur Shera
and though noticed, she did not make it to the top. But Rakhee did not give up. She went on to do
small roles in movies like Falak and Laal Patthar in which she was overshadowed by
the already established Hema Malini.

After winning raves for her breakthrough Bengali film, Badhu Baran (1967), Raakhee caught the
Rajshri banner's attention and its head honcho Tarachand Barjatya gave her a dream
break with Jeevan Mrityu (1970). She was paired opposite an A-list star Dharmendra.
Armed with doe-eyed innocence and innate charm, Raakhee played a young girl led to believe that she
is a widow.....

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Within a year, Raakhee swept into the critics' vision like a desert storm with Sunil Dutt's sand-and-vendetta
drama, Reshma Aur Shera. She had only a cameo but left a lasting impression with her electrifying
and justifiably much-touted scene as the bride who finds out she is widowed soon after marriage and
breaks down completely.

Still in the nascent stages of her career, Raakhee played a double role in Sharmilee (1971) and
doubled producer Subodh Mukherjee's investments too. Cast opposite a suave Shashi Kapoor,
Raakhee played twin sisters -a vampish, smoking-drinking libertine and a traditional, demure,
domesticated devi - with judiciously-administered sass and sucrose.

Audiences adored her for both her acting prowess and her haunting beauty with a lilting voice and colored
eyes. She went on a winning spree of Film Fare awards for the movies Daag and Sharmilee.
She was paired with all the popular heroes of her time and almost all her movies were great successes.
But her best pairing was with none other than the Big B Amitabh Bachchan....
She also worked with actors like Parikshit Sahni (Tapasya, Humkadam), Rakesh Roshan
(Ankhon Ankhon Mein), Vinod Mehra (Bemisal).
She acted with most of the heroes of her time...
Manoj kumar,Rajendra kumar,Sanjeev kumar,Sanjay khan,Dev Anand,Rajesh khanna,Jeetendra...

Raakhee had her share of indifferent films (Wafaa, Shehzaada, Yaar Mera) in this stage of her
career, and even appeared in as many as ten movies in 1972. She was often cast as a glamour doll,
but her histrionic adeptness was never in doubt, whether it was a commercial film like Blackmail
or a defiantly unconventional foray into art cinema like the acclaimed 27 Down. There was both
frost as well as fire in those exquisite honey-coloured eyes.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Raakhee starred and co-stared in 5 Yash Chopra films from the 70s, notably "Daag" [1973]
"Kabhi Kabhie" [1976] and "Trishul" [1978] that are all considered great classics of Hindi 'Bollywood'
cinema. In Yash Chopra's "Kaala Patthar" [1979] the love story sequences between Raakhee and
Amitabh Bachchan in their quietly subtle and naturalistic delivery are some of the most touching acting
moments in Bollywood film. "Kaala Patthar" was Amitabh and Raakhee's third film together under
Yash Chopra's direction and marked acting peaks for both actors.

In a film and social culture where marriage often means retirement for an actress. Raakhee who was
already married and divorced by the time she was 18 was one of the few married woman to become a
star in Bollywood

Her Landmark films....

Jeevan Mrityu
Sharmilee
Reshma aur shera
Tapasya
Aaan baan
Shehzada
Heera panna
Daag
Kabhie kabhie
Trishul
Shakti
27 down
Kasme wade
Jurmana
Shaan
Paroma
Baazigar
karan Arjun

Attached Image

Attached Image

The actress got involved with the established writer and budding director Gulzar and in 1973,
she wrapped up her assignments and plunged into marriage. She won Best Supporting Actress Award
for playing Yash Chopra's Daag (1973), but she was busy concentrating on her pregnancy.
The arrival of her beloved daughter Bosky marked a major landmark in Raakhee's life.

But by the mid-1970s, Raakhee and Gulzar had separated; and Raakhee returned to the film
industry...Raakhee couldn't stay away from acting and made a film comeback that strained and
eventually ended her second marriage...
Raakhee became an alcoholic and for a time drank heavily. During this mid-career period Raakhee
excelled in dramatic roles and was compared to the 'queen of tragedy' Meena Kumari. Ironically
both of her ex-husband's reportedly had affairs with Meena Kumari. This comparison rankled
Raakhee to no end and must have caused her great angst as Raakhee was a great dramatic actress in
her own right...

Her first two films after her return , Rajshri's Tapasya (1975) and Yash Chopra's Kabhie Kabhie
(1976) were both huge hits.

Tapasya gave Raakhee the tragedienne tag (she played self-sacrificing elder sister to a brood
of siblings) and invited comparisons to Meena Kumari. That is because Raakhee learnt to modulate
her voice into a husky, emotionally effective timbre. And Kabhie Kabhie, in which the Chopra
spared no effort to make her look stunning, started a long association with Amitabh Bachchan.

Raakhee next came up with a trio of hits with Bachchan in one year (1978) , Trishul, Kasme Vaade
and Muqaddar Ka Sikander
. Despite the Bachchan aura, Raakhee was that rare actress who would
manage decent roles in his films, especially in the movies directed by Hrishikesh Mukherji (Jurmana
and Bemisaal).

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

After playing Amitabh's sweetheart in eight films, Raakhee went ahead and defiantly played his mother
in Ramesh Sippy's Shakti (1982). Incidentally, their romantic film Bemisaal was released the same
year. For Raakhee, it was not commercial consideration, but character that was paramount.

In 1985, Raakhee gave a standout performance in Aparna Sen's Paroma as the middle-aged
housewife whose contact with a young male photographer makes her question her familiar but cloistered
world.

Subsequently, Raakhee became famous as the formidable doyenne of films like Dacait (1987), Ram
Lakhan (1989), Saugandh (1991), Anadi (1993) and Karan Arjun (1995)
, who could be relied on to give
barbed portraits of wronged and vengeful motherhood. Nineties' films like Khalnayak, Baazigar and
Border
showcased her softer side, but she was still all-too-often misty-eyed.

The grand dame of Hindi films still holds the reins of her life determinedly in her own hands - consenting to
do the odd film when it is associated with an Amitabh Bachchan (Ek Rishta) or a Rituparno Ghosh
(Shubho Muharat),
dabbling with her farm, doting on her daughter and living a single life in her
Mumbai bungalow, Muktangan.

Raakhee has won three Fimfare acting awards and unlike most all of the actress' who were beauty queens
of the 60s and 70s she continues to act in films to this day. She is a true troubadour with over 30 years in
the film industry.. An actress of great demeanor she will definitely remain the favourite heroine of
yesteryears. And like her name, she shall still soar high in the sky....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

-William James
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 27 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #520

Group Icon

she was really tragedy queen of 70s,in most of films she did with amitabh,i guess there was happy ending in only 2 movies..i mean where both are together...
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Oct 27 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #521

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(jassi @ Oct 27 2007, 04:20 PM) *

she was really tragedy queen of 70s,in most of films she did with amitabh,i guess there was happy ending in only 2 movies..i mean where both are together...

She was a fine actress besides being very beautiful........Amitabh and she made a good screen pair..
I liked 'Jurmana', kabhie kabhie ,Kasme wade,Kaala Patthar and Trishul.......All these had happy endings...

-William James
+Quote Post
jassi
post Nov 7 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #522

Group Icon

happy diwali guys..
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Nov 8 2007, 05:39 PM
Post #523

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

biggrin.gif A VERY HAPPY DIWALI TO YOU Jassi....God bless you... smile.gif

Jaya Bhaduri(Bachchan) - Born April 9,1948

Jaya Bhaduri, a short, dusky and bubbly actress with looks like the girl next door is
one of the greatest gifts to the film world by Satyajit Rai.

Of all the actress' of Bollywood's bouffant 70s era Jaya Bachchan (Bhaduri) would be the
one voted; "Most Likely to be the Girl you Take Home to Meet Mom and Dad". She has
that genuine and sincere quality that the parent's love to see.

There is a fortitude and level-headedness in her gaze and demeanor. She displays a
silent refined non-plussed intelligence. The plot my be throwing Jaya for a loop
through seemingly insurmountable odds but the quiet gaze of her often downcast
eyes presents us with a mind actively (internally) searching for solutions as opposed to
a spirit victimized and submissive. One could misinterpret her demeanor as submissive
and victimized but there is decorum in her manner that transcends such stereotypes
and elevates it to a silent dignity backed by integity of spirit.

One could also say she is the achetype of the Indian woman.....

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Jaya was born in a Bengali Kulin Brahmin family to Indira and Taroon Kumar Bhaduri,
writer, journalist and stage artist....She started her career with a small role in
Satyajit Ray's Bengali film,Mahanagar at the age of 15. After doing a couple of
more films and a stint at the Film and Television Institute of India at Pune, where she first
met Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya landed in Mumbai with a role in Hrishikesh
Mukherjees
film Guddi in 1971.she became a success after Guddi in
which she played a schoolgirl obsessed with film star Dharmendra after which
she moved to Mumbai and starred in many Hindi hit films...
Though without a background in Bollywood, she carved a niche for herself within no time.
Little did she know that this debut shall herald an era of stardom for her and catapult her
to the virtual status of being the First Lady of Bollywood.. Uphaar, that shortly
followed Guddi was also an amazing success at the box-office. Her unpretentious
demeanor, immense talent, endearing attitude and ability to enliven the characters
she played brought her in the forefront of the film world.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

She starred in many Hindi hit films, such as Jawani Diwani, Koshish, Anamika and
Bawarchi
.She could illuminate otherwise dull films of Anil Dhawan like Anndata
and Piya ka Ghar,
Initially
she co-starred with Amitabh bachchan in movies like Zanjeer, Ek Nazar, Bansi-Birju
Zanjeer and Abhiman not only proved a boon for Amitabh’s professional life but for
his personal life as well.

On June 3, 1973 Jaya and Amitabh tied the nuptial knot. After getting married,
Amitabh achieved great heights in his career. There was no looking back for him either.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

She bagged her first Best Actress award for her outstanding performance in Kora Kagaz,
1974, in which she portrayed a woman caught in the tussle between her parents
and husband. She was also blessed with a daughter, named Shweta in the same
year. Abhishek, the second star kid was born on Feb 5, 1976.
This versatile actress played different roles in Jawani Deewani, Uphaar, Naya Din Nayi
Raat
followed by Koshish. Koshish was a unique experiment in the
history of Bollywood. Both the leading characters performed the characters of a deaf
and dumb couple superbly, exhibiting immense talent through their expressions and
emotions. She earned great fame by acting in movies like Naya Din Nayi raat,
Anamika and Naukar with Sanjeev Kumar as a co-star. She stood tall against him in
Naya Din Nayi Raat,

The movie Naukar, 1980, proved to be another turning point in her career when
she bagged the best actress award.

Jaya also played small but significant character roles in few films like Chupke-Chupke
and Sholay before saying goodbye to Bollywood, as she decided to focus on her family
life. Thereafter, Yash Chopra convinced her for a short comeback in Silsila, with Amitabh,
Rekha and Sanjeev Kumar as her co-stars. The storyline of this movie was close to Jaya
and Amitabh’s real life story.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Prominent films..

Guddi
Upahaar
Zanjeer
Doosri sita
Jawani diwani
Shor
Parichay
Koshish
kora kagaz
Ek nazar
Abhiman
Mili
Chupke chupke
Bawarchi
Naukar
Anamika
Sholay
Silsila
Fiza
Kabhi khushi kabhi gham

She has lived her entire married life in the public eye, yet she has always kept her
distance from the media (especially when it comes to her personal life). Her marriage
has seen ups and downs especially after the much-publicized affair of her husband with
film actress Rekha..
In 1998, she came back as an actress in Govind Nihalani’s Hazar Chuarasi Ki
Ma
playing roles of her age. Fans were also elated by her performance as a mother
of Hrithik and Karishma in Fiza. She has also been appreciated for her role as Nandini
in Karan Johar’s Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gam. Besides character roles, Jaya also
joined her husband’s entertainment company Amitabh Bachchan Corporation Limited,
ABCL, and produced a serial, Dekh Bhai Dekh and a movie Tere Mere
Sapne

Attached Image

Attached Image

Awards and recognition

Filmfare Awards

Winner

* 1974 - Filmfare Best Actress Award, Abhimaan

* 1975 - Filmfare Best Actress Award, Kora Kagaz

* 1980 - Filmfare Best Actress Award, Naukar

* 2001 - Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award, Fiza

* 2002 - Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

* 2004 - Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award, Kal Ho Na Ho

* 2007 - Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award

IIFA Awards

Winner
* 2001 - IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award, Fiza

* 2002 - IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

* 2004 - IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award, Kal Ho Na Ho

Her son Abhishek Bachchan recently got married to Indian actress Aishwarya Rai
on April 20, 2007. Jaya has two grandchildren from her daughter Shweta; Navya
Naveli
and Agastya Nanda.Her son-in law is Nikhil Nanda, Grandson of Raj
Kapoor

Live, energetic and versatile Jaya is not a mere name on the vast tinsel horizon but is
a living legend.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

-William James
+Quote Post
jassi
post Nov 8 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #524

Group Icon

i liked her as an actress in her old films,but i was not impressed with her acting in k3g,kal ho na ho etc..
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Nov 9 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #525

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(jassi @ Nov 8 2007, 07:11 PM) *

i liked her as an actress in her old films,but i was not impressed with her acting in k3g,kal ho na ho etc..

True.....she has lost her Spontainity and grown very stiff in her manner over the years...

Sayeeda Khan

Not much is known about this actress....
Quite a few very popular and melodious songs were picturised on her..

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Some of her films..

Kanyadaan
Vaasna
Ek Saal Pehle
Char Dervesh
Hum Matwale Naujawan
Kanch Ki Gudiya
Wanted
Honeymoon
Main Shadi karne chala
Modern Girl

Some popular songs picturised on her....

Yeh mausam rangeen samaa
Mere khwaabon main khayalon mein chupe
Jabse hum tum baharon mein
Saath ho tum aur raat jawan
Beethe nahin raat sanam
Duniya na dekhe zamaane na jaane
Pyar ke daaman mein lipteh

-William James
+Quote Post

65 Pages V « < 33 34 35 36 37 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:54 PM