Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Majboor[1948]

, ghulam haider's memorable soundtrack

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Majboor[1948], ghulam haider's memorable soundtrack
mahesh
post Feb 3 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 508

hello friends,
here are all the songs from 1948 ghulam haider classic-majboor.lyrics are by nazim panipati
here are the first three songs-
1]mein to reh gayi aaj akeli re-geeta roy-128kbps/3.25,
2]-gori sakhiyon se ankhiyan churay rahi re-geeta,lata-128kbps/3.04,
3]-dekho ji-2,mori bahiyan pakad ke chhod na dena-hamida bano,g m durrani-128kbps/3.34.

enjoy and respond,
mahesh
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sbfan
post Feb 3 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1475

well Maheshji thanks for majboor songs. Haider saheb was great guy to understand the talent of geeta and kata both in this movie and every song is masterpiece..
but anyone can tell why he moved away from shamshad in his later movies like shaheed,majboor etc while she was his primary singer from 30's

regards
sbfan

MERI NEENDON MEIN TUM
MERE KHWABON MEIN TUM

LONG LIVE SHAMSHAD BEGUM
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mahesh
post Feb 3 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

next-

4]-daman hai chak chak..ab jee ke kya kare koi-lata-192kbps/3.20,
5]-ab darne ki koi baat nahin-lata,mukesh-192vbr/2.43.

enjoy,
mahesh
+Quote Post
mahesh
post Feb 3 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

and finally-
6]-dil mera toda-lata-128kbps/2.59,
7]-piya milne ko aa-lata-128kbps/2.43,
8]-har shay pe jawani hai-geeta,lata-96kbps/3.23

ashish,
thanks for the response,no idea why ghulam haider started experimenting with new talents like geeta,lata,surinder kaur and lalita deoolker.

regards,
mahesh
+Quote Post
Harishankar
post Feb 3 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 6011

QUOTE(mahesh @ Feb 3 2007, 09:49 PM) *

and finally-

ashish,
thanks for the response,no idea why ghulam haider started experimenting with new talents like geeta,lata,surinder kaur and lalita deoolker.

regards,
mahesh

The last film recorded by Masterji, before he crossed the border, and was lost to us forever, was 'Padmini'. And Lata's "Bedard tere dard ko seene se lagaake", despite carrying an unmistakable Noorjehan overtone, remains an all-time great rendition, of Lata for her 'Masterji'. Here it is:

And, though it suffers in comparison with Lata's phenomenal "Bedard tere dard ko", Geeta Roy's duet with Ashok Kumar, for the same film, "Sapera been bajayo ri", also proved immensely popular then, and remains heard to this day:

Inviting all members to complete the 'Padmini' score, so that we can have another Ghulam Haider treasure-trove at hand.

Hari

+Quote Post
sbfan
post Feb 3 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1475

can anyone tell the last film in which shamshad begum sung for ghulam haider?

MERI NEENDON MEIN TUM
MERE KHWABON MEIN TUM

LONG LIVE SHAMSHAD BEGUM
IPB Image
+Quote Post
surhall
post Feb 3 2007, 11:45 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 86

and finally-

ashish,

regards,
mahesh

bhai ji bhut bhut sukriya aap ka
dhall
+Quote Post
balajigade
post Feb 4 2007, 12:04 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4122

QUOTE(Harishankar @ Feb 3 2007, 10:54 PM) *

and finally-

ashish,

regards,
mahesh

The last film recorded by Masterji, before he crossed the border, and was lost to us forever, was 'Padmini'. And Lata's "Bedard tere dard ko seene se lagaake", despite carrying an unmistakable Noorjehan overtone, remains an all-time great rendition, of Lata for her 'Masterji'. Here it is:

And, though it suffers in comparison with Lata's phenomenal "Bedard tere dard ko", Geeta Roy's duet with Ashok Kumar, for the same film, "Sapera been bajayo ri", also proved immensely popular then, and remains heard to this day:

Inviting all members to complete the 'Padmini' score, so that we can have another Ghulam Haider treasure-trove at hand.

Hari

I've a truncated version of bas men kar ke bebus kar gaye.. by Zohara Bai from 'Padmini'. In case there are no uploads from others I'll upload it (bebus ho kar).
Waiting until then..

--Balaji
+Quote Post
mahesh
post Feb 4 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

and finally-

ashish,

regards,
mahesh

Hari

hariji,
i disagree with you.''bedard tere dard ko'' and ''sapera bin bajaiyo'' are songs of two different moods and there is no point in comparing them.if any of geetaji songs are to be compared with ''bedard tere dard ko'' then they have to be her sad songs from the three 1948 ghulam haider movies-shaheed[aaja bedardi balma],majboor[mein to reh gayi aaj akeli re] and padmini[aaja aaja o bidesi balma,mora piya nahin bas mein] and in my opinion,geetaji rendition is no way inferior to lataji.
the lata-ghulam haider combination has been over-hyped.apart from ''bedard tere dard ko'';all other products are quite ordinary [both from lataji's and ghulam haider's standard].

regards,
mahesh

+Quote Post
mahesh
post Feb 4 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sbfan @ Feb 3 2007, 10:58 PM) *

can anyone tell the last film in which shamshad begum sung for ghulam haider?

ashish,
i think it was kaneez[1949].she sang two songs in the film-

1]-tum kya jano meri bindiya ka mol[with g m durrani],
2]-lo jaame mohabbat.

while hfgk mentions ghulam haider sahab as the director of first song;it doesn't mention anything about the second song.the music director of the second song can be either masterji or hansraj behl.
regards,
mahesh
+Quote Post
kamalamohanty
post Feb 4 2007, 10:29 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 8424

and finally-

ashish,

regards,
mahesh

Mahesh Jee,

Great Upload of a great Film by a great Composer.

Many many thanks,

Kamala Mohanty
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Feb 4 2007, 10:38 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

and finally-

ashish,

regards,
mahesh

Mahesh ji once again bunch of thanks for these rare numbers, esp "Har shay pe jawani hai"
I have opened a thread on Geeta ji's forum for these lovely songs and given link to this thread..

smile.gif

Best Regards
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
mirsa
post Feb 4 2007, 10:38 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7506

Mahesh Bhai, many many thanks for the excellent uploads of Majboor (1948). A very rare album indeed.

I have corrected the speed of the song uploaded "Dekho Ji(2)Mori Baiyan Pakad Ke sung by Hamida Bano & G.M. Durani, it was bit slower at 3.34 minutes and now its 3.23 minutes. I hope now it sound ok.
File : MP3/128 Kbps
+Quote Post
Harishankar
post Feb 4 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 6011

QUOTE(mahesh @ Feb 4 2007, 10:15 AM) *

and finally-

ashish,

regards,
mahesh

Hari

hariji,
i disagree with you.''bedard tere dard ko'' and ''sapera bin bajaiyo'' are songs of two different moods and there is no point in comparing them.if any of geetaji songs are to be compared with ''bedard tere dard ko'' then they have to be her sad songs from the three 1948 ghulam haider movies-shaheed[aaja bedardi balma],majboor[mein to reh gayi aaj akeli re] and padmini[aaja aaja o bidesi balma,mora piya nahin bas mein] and in my opinion,geetaji rendition is no way inferior to lataji.
the lata-ghulam haider combination has been over-hyped.apart from ''bedard tere dard ko'';all other products are quite ordinary [both from lataji's and ghulam haider's standard].

regards,
mahesh

Dear Mahesh,

It appears you are a bit offended by my comments. Believe me, I am as much an admirer of Geeta as of Lata, and regarded them as singers of equal calibre. Anyway, these are all matters of opinion ... If you have the other songs of 'Padmini', please u/l them, so that the 'Padmini' score can be completed.

Regards,

Hari
+Quote Post
mahesh
post Feb 4 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

no,hariji,
i am not at all offended.i was expressing my opinion about the over-hyped ghulam haider-lata pair.take away ''bedard ter dard ko'' and we are left with very ordinary songs of the duo.in my opinion ghulam haider's best pairing was with shamshad begum followed by noorjehan,geeta,surinder and then lata.
i have two more songs from padmini-1 solo each by geetaji and zohra..i am not allowed the geeta solo.i will try to ul the zohrabai song tioday.
regards,
mahesh

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 16th October 2021 - 02:42 PM