Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Jodi Dhamaal Ke, Gaane Kamaal Ke

, Few Favourite Duets of Guru and his Co-singers

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
13 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jodi Dhamaal Ke, Gaane Kamaal Ke, Few Favourite Duets of Guru and his Co-singers
Marcilo
post Dec 5 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 309

Thanks for putting up that list. We need to copy and paste these bits from this thread into separate thread and request Admin to pin that topic for reference

- Just another gummy bear fan
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ravikumarofindia
post Dec 6 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1553

QUOTE(eskayes @ Dec 5 2006, 09:59 PM) *

QUOTE(ravikumarofindia @ Dec 5 2006, 01:51 PM) *

Thanks eskayes for taking the trouble to list the Male and Female co singers with Guru.

My pleasure Ravi...just a small return for the all the songs you have uploaded for me...
eskayes

It is only a shared pool and we are taking and giving songs to make it grow larger and larger for everyone.
+Quote Post
eskayes
post Dec 8 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7092

QUOTE(eskayes @ Dec 5 2006, 11:44 AM) *

Much that I had resolved to make a quick temporary switch-over to jodies with female co-singers to avoid this thread getting typecast as a male jodi thread, I could not hold my self back from doing this piece about Guru and Manna Dey as a jodi….

Now Manna Dey is my favourite singer after Guru…for all his smooth and melodious voice…I wonder if there was ever any room from further improvement in songs like Tere Naina Talash Karen Jise from Talash or Zindagi Kaisi Hai Paheli fromAnand…(now don’t underestimate Guru here….for all you know he might have ended up singing this Anand song because this movie was conceptualised by Hrishikesh Mukherjee with Guru playing the Rajesh Khanna role…it is a well known story now as to how Guru, who did not want to act in this movie, turned up to sets with head shaven…and Hrishikesh da took little time to dump him off from the movie and so did the chance to sing its songs even though all the Rajesh Khanna’s songs were generally being sung by Guru those days)….i am sure though that Guru would have done an equally wonderful job on this Anand song….this is purely my views and no debate here please…all are welcome to have their own independent views and perceptions…after all it is different people, different views, different thinking is what makes this world rangeen….imagine all people being same in their views and thinking…we would have been like a kafila of mice behind the pied piper…

Manna Dey, in his own account, has said how mesmerised he was with Guru’s talent….he kept getting surprised everytime he underestimated Guru, who never failed to come up with a trump card through his sleeves….and that too mostly in the domain so well reigned by Manna Dey, that is classical singing….right from Fareb 1953 where Guru came up with complete master piece of the song Husn Bhi Hain Udaas Udaas, which originally was slated to be sung by Manna Dey (who was shocked at MD Anil Biswas’s last minute choice of Guru for it was a classical song)….

Manna Dey, who wasn’t supposedly happy at the prospect of losing out in the movie to Guru in the Padosan song Ek Chatur Naar and needed to be worked upon to agree to sing alongside Guru…was quite excited finally before the rehearsals because he knew he would be able to overshadow Guru in his own backyard….but to Manna Dey’s credit here…he was absolutely mesmerised when Guru came up with his part of singing in the song…Manna Dey himself acknowledged that it was Guru who really read the situation in the movie so well and he brought a completely new life to the song…..he couldn’t but exclaim ‘what a real genious’….now that was the hallmark of Guru….to temper the song as per the situation…

We don’t have much of Guru’s account of Manna Dey…but definitely Guru would have been equally mesmerised by Manna Dey’s finesse….such a class act he is after all…I am sure both of them were part of “mutual appreciation club”….so worthy of this appreciation by all counts…

Guru and Manna Dey have sung a good number of songs together, some 37 of them…there are popular ones from this jodi like, Ye Dosti Hum Nahin Todenge, Uljhan Hazaar Koi Daale (with Asha), Babu Samjho Ishaare, Aankhon Se Aankhon Ka Tu Jaam Liye Ja et al, which everyone loves including me…but here are three of the other songs which have both the jewels shining to glory just the same….

(i) Mere Pyale Mein Sharaab Daal De----Amir Garib 1974---MD Laxmikant Pyarelal---04:22@128
(ii) O Parwane O Deewane-----Zalim 1979-----MD Laxmikant Pyarelal---06:24@128
(iii) Hum To Hain Darshan Abhilashi---Trimurti 1974----MD RD Burman----02:59@128

eskayes

here are these songs which I was not able to upload earlier...
eskayes

eskayes

Where there is a will, there is a way;
where there is none, there is rationalisation
+Quote Post
eskayes
post Dec 9 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Before we move over to a female jodi of Guru (and we would revert to male jodies again....we will keep doing this tossing over from one court to another), few quick bytes on thread so far...

Lists of KK's Male Duet Co-singers and Female Duet Co-singers have been posted in this thread...
As for the co-singers discussed so far, a list of KK songs with Rafi has been uploaded (courtesy an earlier upload on the forum)...two other co-singers, besides Rafi, discussed so far had been Bhupinder and Manna Dey...(i am leaving out Pankaj Udhaas and Danny, each of whom have sung just one song which has been discussed and uploaded)...

Here is the list of songs, which Guru and Bhupinder have sung together...there 12 songs they have paired in...
1 Achchhi Achchhi Pyari Pyari ------ Trimurty 1974 ------ Alongwith Others
2 Bawla Bawla He Mujhe Dil De ------ Mister Romeo 1973 ------ Alongwith Others
3 Chand Sa Koi Chehra Na Pehlu Mein Hota ------ Sholay 1975 ------ Alongwith Others
4 Char Dinon Ki Ye Zindgani ------ Gunehgaar 1980 ------ Alongwith Others
5 Dekho Hum Dono Ki Yaari Ka Kya Kahan ------ Double Cross 1973 ------ Duet
6 Dukki Pe Dukki Ho ------ Satte Pe Satta 1982 ------ Alongwith Others
7 Kahiye Kahan Se AAna Hua ------ Heeralal Pannalal 1978 ------ Alongwith Others
8 Pal Yahi Masti Ke Geet Chhed Do Khushi Ke ------ Hanste Khelte 1984 ------ Alongwith Others
9 Pyar Hamen Kis Mod Pe Le Aaya ------ Satte Pe Satta 1983 ------ Alongwith Others
10 Yaaro Nilam Karo Susti ------ Prem Pujari 1970 ------ Duet
11 Zindagi Haseen Hai Jhoom Jhoom Ja ------ Badhti Ka Naam Daadhi 1974 ------ Duet
12 Zindagi Milke Bitaayenge ------ Satte Pe Satta 1981 ------ Alongwith Others

eskayes

eskayes

+Quote Post
eskayes
post Dec 9 2006, 12:23 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

And here is the list of 38 KK-Manna Dey songs, which they have sung together....

1 Aa Zara Aaj To Muskura Lein ------ Bhai Bahan 1969 ------ Duet
2 Aanka Banka Tali Talaka ------ Zameer 1975 ------ Duet
3 Aankhon Se Aankhon Ka Tu Jaam Liye Ja ------ Bewakoof 1960 ------ Duet
4 Apni Gadi Chalti Hai Kya Kya Rang Badalti Hai ------ Laalach 1983 ------ Alongwith Others
5 Aye Maa Khuda To Nahin Tu Magar ------ Ek Aur Sikandar 1985 ------ Alongwith Others
6 Babu Samajho Ishaare ------ Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi 1958 ------ Duet
7 Bahta Paani Badhta Jaaye ------ Dhake Ki Malmal 1956 ------ Alongwith Others
8 Band Muthi Lakh Ki Khuli to Pyare ------ Chalti Ka Naam Zindagi 1981 ------ Alongwith Others
9 Bhor Aayi Gaya Andhiara ------ Bawarchi 1972 ------ Alongwith Others
10 Chala Chal Chala Chal Aye Mere Dil ------ Suhana Geet ??? ------ Duet
11 Chand Sa Koi Chehra Na Pehlu Mein Hota ------ Sholay 1975 ------ Alongwith Others
12 Duniya Mein Jeene Ka Mujhe Shauk Tha ------ Naukri 1978 ------ Duet
13 Ek Chatur Naar Karke Shringaar ------ Padosan 1968 ------ Alongwith Others
14 Goya Ke Chunanche ------ Manoranjan 1974 ------ Alongwith Others
15 Haar Gaye To Kya Hua Are Tu Budhdhu Brahamchari ------ Ek Naari Ek Brahamchari 1971 ------ Alongwith Others
16 Hum Galiyon Ke Paale ------ Yaari Dushmani 1980 ------ Duet
17 Hum To Hain Darshan Abhilaashi ------ Trimurty 1974 ------ Duet
18 Is Ishq Mein Har Aashiq Ko ------ Mister Romeo 1973 ------ Duet
19 Jiyo Jiyo Mere Laal ------ Maa 1952 ------ Alongwith Others
20 Kamal Hai Kamal Hai ------ Karz 1980 ------ Alongwith Others
21 Khan Chacha Khan Chacha ------ Dil Deewana 1974 ------ Alongwith Others
22 Khul Gayi Pagadi Gulabi ------ Aap Beeti 1976 ------ Duet
23 Ladki Waalon Ki Taraf Se ------ Do Premi 1980 ------ Duet
24 Logon Ki Zubaan Pe Apna Naam Hai ------ Nehle Pe Dehla 1976 ------ Alongwith Others
25 Main Shubh Hoon Ye Hai Chintak (Part 1) ------ Khalifa 1976 ------ Duet
26 Main Shubh Hoon Ye Hai Chintak (Part 2) ------ Khalifa 1977 ------ Duet
27 Mere Pyale Mein Sharab Daal De ------ Amir Garib 1974 ------ Duet
28 O Jag Ke Rakhwale ------ Door Gagan Ki Chhaon Mein 1964 ------ Duet
29 O Parwaanr O Deewane ------ Zalim 1979 ------ Duet
30 Phool Chahiye Na Gulzaar Chahiye ------ Pyas 1982 ------ Duet
31 Subah Ki Pahli Kiran ------ Aandolan 1951 ------ Alongwith Others
32 Sunle Pyar Ki Dushman Duniya ------ Pyar Kiye Ja 1966 ------ Alongwith Others
33 Tujhme Ishwar Allah Tujhme Bachche Mein Hai Bhagwan (Part 1) ------ Nanha Farishta 1969 ------ Alongwith Others
34 Tujhme Ishwar Allah Tujhme Bachche Mein Hai Bhagwan (Part 2) ------ Nanha Farishta 1969 ------ Alongwith Others
35 Uljhan Hazzar Koi Jaale ------ Chandi Sona 1977 ------ Alongwith Others
36 Ye Diljale Ye Manchale ------ Khel Khiladi Ka 1977 ------ Alongwith Others
37 Ye Dosti Hum Nahin Todenge ------ Sholay 1975 ------ Duet
38 Ye Duniya Hai Usiki Jo Ise Jhukata Hai ------ Suraksha 1979 ------ Alongwith Others

eskayes

eskayes

+Quote Post
eskayes
post Dec 10 2006, 03:13 PM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

So, finally moving on to a jodi with female co-singer....I am starting with Shamshad Begam....widely acknowledged as the melody queen of yesteryears...especially 40s and 50s....now she had a very deceptive voice...in the sense that she had an extremely wide versatality (to be only matched and perhaps bettered by Asha Bhosle), even though it might be difficult to get that sense since her voice would invariably remain same.....no tweaking with voice...despite that she would carry the songs of varying variety with elan in her own inimitable voise...

It indeed was ominous that Guru and Shanshad had an overlap in their singing career and as a result we have a few wonderful songs of this jodi...one would have wanted many more songs from this pair....but that was not to be....Guru and Shamshad sang together in last but one film in 1956 (those wonderful numbers of Naya Andaaz...Meri Neendon Mein Tum and Tumhi Se Pyar Tumhi Se Qaraar Milta Hai...and then the last one in 1965 in Johar Mehmood in Goa....during this gap of 9 years there were no songs of this pair...anyone with some insights on reasons for this????....

Here is the list of 31 songs that this jodi rolled out....

1 Aadha Teetar Aadha Bateir Wah Re Sher ------ Laharein 1953 ------ Duet
2 Aaj Suhani Raat Re ------ Naya Andaaz 1956 ------ Alongwith Others
3 Aashiqon Ko Ishq Ne (Part 1) ------ Shreematiji 1952 ------ Duet
4 Aashiqon Ne Husn Ko (Part 2) ------ Shreematiji 1952 ------ Duet
5 Aayi Bahar Hai Hum Bekaraar Hain ------ Hamari Shaan 1951 ------ Duet
6 Are Mujhe Jane Do Udhar ------ Najaria 1952 ------ Alongwith Others
7 Aye Babu O Babu (Chhoti Badi Suiyaan) ------ Shreematiji 1952 ------ Duet
8 Bulbul Bateiron Ne Kabhi Mithi Narangi Lena Lena Anardana ------ Raaj Darbaar 1955 ------ Duet
9 Chano Zor Garam Babu Main Laya ------ Naya Andaaz 1956 ------ Duet
10 Dil Jale Hawa Jab Chale Teri Yaad Mein ------ Ilzaam 1954 ------ Alongwith Others
11 Gori Ke Nainon Mein Nindiya Bhari ------ Angaarey 1954 ------ Duet
12 Ho Naache More Aangana (Tiggi Chauki Panji Chhakki) ------ Mastana 1954 ------ Alongwith Others
13 Jalti Hai Duniya Tera Mera Pyar Hai (Part 1) ------ Pyar 1950 ------ Duet
14 Jalti Hai Duniya Tera Mera Pyar Hai (Part 2) ------ Pyar 1950 ------ Duet
15 Jo Tum Karo Main Kar Sakta Hoon ------ Ada 1951 ------ Duet
16 Kabhi Bhoola Ke Kabhi Yaad Aa Ke ------ Joru Ka Bhai 1955 ------ Alongwith Others
17 Kahan Chale Sarkar ------ Hamara Ghar 1950 ------ Duet
18 Kanwaaron Ka Bhi Duniya Mein Khuda Hota ------ Mastana 1954 ------ Duet
19 Kuchh Bhi Kahen Ye Duniya Wale ------ Johar Mehmood In Goa 1965 ------ Duet
20 Mere Ghar Aage Hain Do Do Galiyan (Part 1) ------ Rimjhim 1949 ------ Alongwith Others
21 Mere Ghar Aage Hain Do Do Galiyan (Part 2) ------ Rimjhim 1949 ------ Duet
22 Meri Neendon Mein Tum ------ Naya Andaaz 1956 ------ Duet
23 Mohe La De Naulakha Haar ------ Naulakha Haar 1952 ------ Duet
24 Naina Mila LO Pyar Ka Dar Hai ------ Shreematiji 1952 ------ Duet
25 O Madam Do Se Ho Gaye Ek Hum ------ Aashiana 1952 ------ Duet
26 O Piya Piya Piya ------ Naujawan 1951 ------ Duet
27 Saiyan Raja La De Gale Ka Mohe Haar Re ------ Naya Andaaz 1956 ------ Duet
28 Taraste Hain Tadapte Hain ------ Chham Chhama Chham 1952 ------ Duet
29 Tera Mera Mera Tera Ho Gaya Pyar ------ Sindabad The Sailor 1952 ------ Duet
30 Tumhi Se Pyar Tumhi Se Karaar Milta Hai ------ Naya Andaaz 1956 ------ Duet
31 Ye Duniya Hai Bazaar Babu ------ Chham Chhama Chham 1952 ------ Alongwith Others

eskayes

eskayes

+Quote Post
ravikumarofindia
post Dec 12 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1553

Kya Baat hai, eskayes, aap to pura KK encyclopedia ban gaye.
+Quote Post
GURUFAN
post Dec 12 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5327

QUOTE(ravikumarofindia @ Dec 12 2006, 10:56 AM) *

Also,

painstakingly u are writing so much that too running 3-4 threads simultaneously..i admire your energy and enthusiam.(hi enthu) !! biggrin.gif

....NIRANJAN & GURUFAN...
+Quote Post
eskayes
post Dec 13 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ravikumarofindia @ Dec 12 2006, 11:56 AM) *

QUOTE(GURUFAN @ Dec 12 2006, 12:17 PM) *

QUOTE(ravikumarofindia @ Dec 12 2006, 10:56 AM) *

Also,

painstakingly u are writing so much that too running 3-4 threads simultaneously..i admire your energy and enthusiam.(hi enthu) !! biggrin.gif

Ravi, GuruFan,
when it comes to Guru, I am sure we all find hidden energy within...that was his charishma....i thought as we go along, might as well put the list of duets songs of Guru (may be excepting Asha and Lata) with various singers for record sake...we all find interest in such stats after all....
eskayes

eskayes

+Quote Post
eskayes
post Dec 19 2006, 08:48 AM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Well, before going ahead, i thought i would compile the database that we are generating here during our discussions...I have, therefore, posted an Index on Post # 1 of this thread, which provides a quick link to database created....do have a look and give me feedback please....

I have deliberately been taking this thread at a slower pace, since couple of other threads had been moving fast and having greater interest from others..besides, this thread needs a bit of research, to find time for that is not always easy.....i have a few ideas for this one, but for now, will let it move the way it is...

eskayes

eskayes

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Dec 19 2006, 09:04 AM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Thanks Eskayes. I am kinda struggling too coz of my absence out here. I would be more active post xmas time. I think some of the threads are going great guns and we should not reduce the pace else they will go into hibernation again wacko.gif and I HATE THAT! mellow.gif
+Quote Post
GURUFAN
post Dec 19 2006, 09:20 AM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5327

QUOTE(eskayes @ Dec 19 2006, 08:48 AM) *

Well, before going ahead, i thought i would compile the database that we are generating here during our discussions...I have, therefore, posted an Index on Post # 1 of this thread, which provides a quick link to database created....do have a look and give me feedback please....

I have deliberately been taking this thread at a slower pace, since couple of other threads had been moving fast and having greater interest from others..besides, this thread needs a bit of research, to find time for that is not always easy.....i have a few ideas for this one, but for now, will let it move the way it is...

eskayes

Yes this requires research and therefore will move at a slower pace than others.

checked your index.great idea(usefriendly !!)

i guess, bupinder has 3 songs posted in post 1 itself which needs to be indexed swell(post#1 & post #--)

also u have given two master lists of jodis(male and female o-singers).i think it can move into post#1 which is like an intro to the whole thing.

otherwise graet..lage raho..

GF

....NIRANJAN & GURUFAN...
+Quote Post
eskayes
post Dec 19 2006, 11:09 PM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nimii @ Dec 19 2006, 10:04 AM) *

Thanks Eskayes. I am kinda struggling too coz of my absence out here. I would be more active post xmas time. I think some of the threads are going great guns and we should not reduce the pace else they will go into hibernation again wacko.gif and I HATE THAT! mellow.gif

QUOTE(GURUFAN @ Dec 19 2006, 10:20 AM) *

Yes this requires research and therefore will move at a slower pace than others.

checked your index.great idea(usefriendly !!)

i guess, bupinder has 3 songs posted in post 1 itself which needs to be indexed swell(post#1 & post #--)

also u have given two master lists of jodis(male and female o-singers).i think it can move into post#1 which is like an intro to the whole thing.
otherwise graet..lage raho..

GF

I agree with you Nimii....infact yesterday there were discussions as to whether we should consider slowing down...i was weering towards your view that then we might run out steam...so i was waiting for more views to come in and accordingly decide....

Thanks GuruFan for liking the way it has been indexed.....actually i had first thought of putting the list of Jodies in the first post (as you said, it would have had much more thematic significance)...but that list runs into 200 lines....one might run out of patience seeing it..thats why left it where it was...

eskayes

eskayes

+Quote Post
eskayes
post Dec 19 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Next we take up the Jodi of KK and Geeta Dutt....Alas, wish we had the luxury of hundreds of duets by this duo...No. 13 is unlucky they say, but lucky for some....but not in the case of this duo....they sang only 13 songs together in good 23 years of the overlap of their singing career (from KK's Ziddi of 1948 to Geeta Dutt's Anubhav of 1971)...of course these 23 years were punctuated by a few losses to wilderness by Geeta Dutt...

If KK was enigmatic to some, Geeta Dutt was no less, may be in a different context...Geeta Dutt started her hindi film singing career with an image of a singer of melancholic songs....kahte hain dard chhalakta tha unki aawaz se (you can choose chhalakta or jhalakta, whichever, both would do)...because she could emote extreme sadness through her voice....it was only in 1950s that another side of her singing talent came to fore...and guess who brought it out? Can he be anyone else than SD Burman? He had an uncanny precision in spotting talent hidden under reams of wrap...and then there was dramatic change in her image as a singer...from sad song singer she emerged as singer of choice for peppy, sultry and seductive songs...what a dramatic change in the image...perhaps as dramatic as her whole life had been...if only she had not had her own share of personal problems, perhaps Asha Bhosle would never have got the break and push she got, arguably at the expense of Geeta Dutt...

I am no Geeta Dutt expert....I am sure Parag_Sankla could talk till cows are back home about her life, talent and singing heroics....

Here is the list of KK-Geeta Dutt songs:

1 Aankhon Mein Tum Dil Mein Tum Ho ------ Half Ticket 1962
2 De Bhi Chuke Hum Dil Nazrana ------ Jaal 1952
3 Dekh Aasmaan Mein Chand Muskuraye ------ Shararat 1959
4 Dekho Na Dekho Hamen Maare Guroor Ke (Part 2) ------ Miss Mala 1954
5 Ek Hum Aur Doosre Tum ------ Pyar 1950
6 Ghar Ki Raunak Hai Ghar Wali ------ Bandi 1957
7 Jab Jab Tujhko Chhuaa ------ Jaalsaaz 1959
8 Kaabul Ki Main Naar ------ Krorepati 1961
9 Kamata Hoon Bahut Par Kamayee ------ Adhikar 1954
10 Naachti Jhoomati Muskurati Aa Gayi Pyar Ki ------ Miss Mala 1954
11 O Bewafa Ye To Bata ------ Pyar 1950
12 O Re O Re Do Dil Jaan Chupke Chupke ------ Miss Mala 1954
13 Tune Mera Dil Liya Teri Baaton Ne ------ Shararat 1959

And, here are three of my chosen songs sung by this duo...

(i)De Bhi Chuke Hum Dil Nazrana----Jaal 1952 (not uploading this since it was uploaded recently in the thread "Kuchh Bhule Bisare Geet")
(ii)Tune Mera dil Liya Teri Baaton Ne Jadu Kiya----Shararat 1959---03:24@160
(iii)Aankhon Mein Tum Dil Mein Tum Ho---Half Ticket 1962-----04:09@128

eskayes

eskayes

+Quote Post
eskayes
post Jan 7 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

This one seems to have eased itself into a long slumber....wondering if we should take up sharing of songs Jodi-wise....if that could help in keeping it afloat....any comments or suggestions please????

Originally, my idea was to have discussions around singer jodies, and then perhaps jodies with MD, Lyricist...but that seems a far cry at this stage...

eskayes

+Quote Post

13 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 12:40 AM