Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

My Favourite Bengali Songs

, Program on HF Radio

13 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Favourite Bengali Songs, Program on HF Radio
sri
post Mar 11 2006, 01:31 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2760

Folks,

This thread may be used to discuss matters related to the Special program on Bengali songs aired on HF Radio sometime earlier today.

Thanks to all the members who tuned it to this program.....hope you enjoyed the selection !

The songs played on the program will be discussed here.....over the next few days. I will also list out the songs played today

There will be a repeat ....time/date to be announced.....but it should be aired at night (India time) sometime soon.

Sri

P.S. This thread was initially started for discussing the radio program on Bengali songs.....and will now be expanded to discuss Bengali songs in general
smile.gif
Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Mar 11 2006, 01:33 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Awaiting for the program repeat broadcast Sriji.

N
+Quote Post
dmuk20
post Mar 11 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 1398

QUOTE(Nimii @ Mar 11 2006, 01:33 PM) *

Awaiting for the program repeat broadcast Sriji.

N

Sri-ji,

Daruunnnnn hoyechhe program but I missed 80% of your program.....Ajkei internet connection ta emon bigde gelo !!!!!

Please give the complete list before uploading them.

Rgds,
Debu.
+Quote Post
sri
post Mar 11 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(dmuk20 @ Mar 11 2006, 03:28 PM) *

Sri-ji,
Daruunnnnn hoyechhe program but I missed 80% of your program
Debu.

That's a pity, Debu !!

Hope you will have better luck during the repeat program !! Thanks for being there today.

I will upload the list shortly. Aaj ke na to kaal ke.

Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
+Quote Post
Priya
post Mar 11 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 25

Sri, the program was just WONDERFUL. Once again salute Ur impeccable taste bow.gif

Look forward to the uls and the repeat and the second part and the third..... laugh.gif

Let me know if U need help with the uling. I do have some of em songs.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Mar 11 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 402

I look forward to the repeat too, once never seems to be enough with such lovely music. You must be spending formidable time and effort on your programs Sri ji, they come together so well bow.gif I would never have heard any regional music but for HFR and you Sri - thank you on that count too. Enchanting!

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
+Quote Post
sri
post Mar 11 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(priya @ Mar 11 2006, 09:20 PM) *
Sri, the program was just WONDERFUL. Once again salute Ur impeccable taste bow.gif

Look forward to the uls and the repeat and the second part and the third..... laugh.gif

Let me know if U need help with the uling. I do have some of em songs.

Thanks Priya !! Hope your parents were not mad at me for detaining you to listen to the program till the very end !!

You have some of 'em songs ????? How come ???? I am surprised !!!

Sri

+Quote Post
Priya
post Mar 11 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sri @ Mar 11 2006, 10:55 PM) *

Thanks Priya !! Hope your parents were not mad at me for detaining you to listen to the program till the very end !!

Na, parents gave me a look and said, U and Ur forum. laugh.gif Dad took me out and bought me two Asha albums!!!! ohmy.gif

You have some of 'em songs ????? How come ???? I am surprised !!!

Sri

doh.gif Wonder which mean mind generated this idea that I am musically limited and ignorant. A name comes to mind. mad.gif Then there are the creatures who call me frog. abuse.gif

Actually like so many things in my life, the credit goes to Asha!!! tongue1.gif As U know I wanna hear everything she ever sang. So when a friend told me he had some of her Bangla songs, I asked for mp3s. He said the cd had space left and so added several compilations. And another cd! So I got a lot of Dada Burman's music (which I love), Shyamal Mitra, Lataji, Ashaji, Geetaji, Guru, Hemantda, Mannada, Aarti M, many Bangla singers whom I do not really remember by name--Pratima someone, Dhananjay someone? Then compilations of mds--Salilda, SDB, Sudhindas Gupta, songs from satyajit Ray films and so on. I have a reasonable collection. True, I do not listen to all always but some of the songs U played were known to me, so presume I have them. smile1.gif
Dada Burman ko sunne ka ek aur reason hai--the owner and brain behind the SDB site (have U seen it) is my friend. She used to make me listen to quite a bit on yahoogrps. smile1.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
sri
post Mar 12 2006, 12:13 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(priya @ Mar 11 2006, 11:26 PM) *

a friend told me he had some of her Bangla songs, I asked for mp3s. He said the cd had space left and so added several compilations. And another cd! So I got a lot of Dada Burman's music (which I love), Shyamal Mitra, Lataji, Ashaji, Geetaji, Guru, Hemantda, Mannada, Aarti M, many Bangla singers whom I do not really remember by name--Pratima someone, Dhananjay someone? Then compilations of mds--Salilda, SDB, Sudhindas Gupta, songs from satyajit Ray films and so on. I have a reasonable collection.

WOW ! that's impressive - never imagined you would have collected so many bengali songs...courtesy a helping hand !!

QUOTE(priya @ Mar 11 2006, 11:26 PM) *

Dada Burman ko sunne ka ek aur reason hai--the owner and brain behind the SDB site (have U seen it) is my friend. She used to make me listen to quite a bit on yahoogrps. smile1.gif

which SDB site priya ? sdburman.net ? or sdburman.8m.com ?

+Quote Post
Priya
post Mar 12 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

SD Burman.net wala site. smile1.gif

3 people made this site. One is my friend Ritu Chandra--an SDB maniacal fan and also that of Dev Anand. doh.gif

BTW did U play na jao saiyyan's HK version this morn? Found that on my HDD.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
sri
post Mar 12 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Talaikya @ Mar 11 2006, 10:55 PM) *
I look forward to the repeat too, once never seems to be enough with such lovely music. You must be spending formidable time and effort on your programs Sri ji, they come together so well bow.gif I would never have heard any regional music but for HFR and you Sri - thank you on that count too. Enchanting!

Thanks J !!

Yes, though it sounds easy...i find that a lot of effort does go into putting together a program. The choosing of songs is so difficult ( esp the leaving out bit !! ). And then I need to have them in a proper order so that they blend well together. Then there are the daily changes as I keep reviewing the list.....and everytime the order has to be re-shuffled if one slow song is removed and a faster one inserted etc. Plus male and female songs have to be distributed uniformly throughout the program etc etc. Being a fussy virgo doesn;t help !! I listen to the sequence several times before finalising ! Then there is the 'information' bit which has to be kept ready.

This time i had the added burden of making some translations......i couldn't complete them for all songs..but even then it was a challenge for some songs ! Needless to say, that this was done mainly for YOU...since you had expressed some reservation during our chats..about listening to songs without understanding the lyrics !! However, I do hope that this program has at least given you some confidence that you can actually enjoy music in a language that you don;'t know !!

Looking forward to having you around during the repeat !!

Sri

+Quote Post
Priya
post Mar 12 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Needless to say, that this was done mainly for YOU...

blab.gif T, whatz the secret. biggrin.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
sri
post Mar 12 2006, 12:43 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(priya @ Mar 12 2006, 12:22 AM) *
BTW did U play na jao saiyyan's HK version this morn? Found that on my HDD.

Yes, I did ..that was the first Hemanta song on the program....and I also mentioned that it took me a long time to realise that the two songs had the same tune...simply because i like the Hemanta version so much, while i kinda disliked the Sahib bibi song !!

Sri

+Quote Post
Priya
post Mar 12 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ya I remember U saying U did not like the SBG one now. Why? I love that song. cry.gif And I loved the film. cry.gif Poor poor thing. cry.gif

OK, here is the Hemantda song. smile1.gif

Oliro kotha shune bokul hashe

IPB Image
+Quote Post
sri
post Mar 12 2006, 12:55 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I don;t know why i don;t like that SBG song much...maybe bcos it's such a nasal, tearful song....perhaps it fits the film,..i can't say....i haven;t seen it... not too keen on that sad, crying, 'poor thing' type of stuff !

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 06:38 PM