Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Old Classic Videos

, songs

34 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Old Classic Videos, songs
Ummer
post May 20 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #391

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1784

QUOTE(balajigade @ May 19 2006, 01:16 PM) *

Wonderful uploads from 'Amar Jyoti' & 'Gumnaam'. Thank you maheshks & Ummer bhai

--Balaji

You are most welcome wink2.gif. One more trivia... Majority of early Pakistani movies including Classics like Gumnaam, Inteqaam, Pheray, Qatil etc were "Hindu Social" films, and most actors adopted Hindu screen names. Muslim social films started to become popular much later.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rshakeel
post May 20 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #392

Group Icon

Member No.: 970

thanks Ummer

Shakeel

QUOTE(Ummer @ May 20 2006, 07:30 AM) *

QUOTE(rshakeel @ May 18 2006, 09:53 PM) *

maheshks bhai please u/l this video again, i missed it,

thanks
Shakeel

Here you go Shakeel - Courtesy Maheshks

+Quote Post
rshakeel
post May 21 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #393

Group Icon

Member No.: 970

In this legendry song, Rafi’s part of the song Mere Sapnon ki rani Rohi Rohi is picturized on Faqeer, and Rafi imitate one Faqeer in his childhood, (he was impressed with faqeer’s voice) what a start for a legend!

I am sure Rafi was very happy that he not only sang the song with a legend (K.L.Saigal) but also that his voice is picturized on Faqeer

Shakeel
+Quote Post
mahesh
post May 21 2006, 12:59 PM
Post #394

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 508

QUOTE(mahesh @ Jan 14 2006, 07:53 PM) *

mahesh bhai,
thanks a ton,
i would request for other songs of ek nazar[ which are very rare] either in audio or video format.

kuldeep kaur also had two other lovely geeta solo picturized on her-
1]-ek thi ladki[49]-chandni raat hai...unse kahna ki,
2]-baaz[53]-taare chandi afsane
regards,
mahesh

QUOTE(maheshks @ Jan 12 2006, 11:49 PM) *

Talking of plagiary....I remember one old hit punjabi song.....saanu rab di saun tere naal pyar ho gaya ve channa sachi muchi ve channa sachi muchi.....(Can some kind soul provide the details?)....S D Barman used this tune in the following song :

BUS CHUPKE HI CHUPKE SE PYAR HO GAYA O PIYA TERA MERA

BUS AANKHON HI AANKHON MAIN IQRAAR HO GAYA O PIYA TERA MERA

SINGER GEETA ROY

MUSIC S D BARMAN

MOVIE EK NAZAR (1951)

LYRICS RAJINDER KRISHAN

SONG PICTURISED ON KULDEEP KAUR....THE OTHER ACTOR IS REHMAN

mahesh bhai,
thanks for all the rare videos.
i am desperately looking for all the songs ek nazar preferably in audio format.kindly upload them if possible.in asha forum you had promised priya ,to upload all songs of love and murder.in case you don't have all the songs ready in audio format,i can upload them for you.
thanks in advance,
mahesh
+Quote Post
maheshks
post May 21 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #395

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1790

Ummer Bhai...Amar Jyoti(1936) ka gaana aapke bachpan ka favourite gaana tha unsure.gif
Ummer Mahaashayji ki ummer kay hai rolleyes.gif
Bade bade buzurg baitthe hain yahaan par unsure.gif

Thanks to Urzung Saab and other brothers viz, Ummer, Pradeep, Balaji, Mahesh and Shakeel for taking part in this thread and appreciations.

Shakeel Bhai..one clarification...the song that Rafi Saab sang in Shahjehan movie was not his first song that he sang for hindi movies.

Mahesh Bhai..I will send you the other songs of the movie ek nazar(1952) in a few days.

When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others
+Quote Post
maheshks
post May 21 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #396

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I find that 90% of the songs picturised on Shyama were sung by Geeta Roy/Dutt. Whether anyone has observed this? So Geeta Roy/Dutt was the voice for Shyama in hindi songs.

Here is one of those beautiful songs of this combination.

TAQDEER NE LOOTA MUJHE TAQDEER NE LOOTA
MANZIL PE LAA KE PYAR NE BEGANA KAR DIYA

SINGER : GEETA ROY
MOVIE : SHRIMATIJI(1952)
MUSIC : HANSRAJ BEHL?
LYRICS : HASRAT JAIPURI
SONG IS PICTURISED ON SHAYAMA AND THE HERO SEEN IN THE SONG IS NASIR KHAN

When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others
+Quote Post
unni
post May 21 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #397

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

Mahesh:

I was recently watching sequences from the 1951 "NAGINA" and thought the hero bore resemblances to Dilip Kumar (Yusuf Khan). The name of the male lead was listed as Nasir Khan. Isn't he Dilip Kumar's real-life brother who also took of role of his on-screen brother, the police officer, in "GUNGA JUMNA"?

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
maheshks
post May 21 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #398

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Correct Unni Bhai...his son Ayub Khan has also acted in some movies during late ninties and you can see him (son) in some TV serials now a day.

+Quote Post
Ummer
post May 21 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #399

Group Icon

QUOTE(maheshks @ May 21 2006, 10:10 AM) *

Correct Unni Bhai...his son Ayub Khan has also acted in some movies during late ninties and you can see him (son) in some TV serials now a day.

Hello Unni Ji,
Nasir Khan's (Dilip Kumar's younger brother) name will always be remembered for being the hero of Pakistan's first feature film Teri Yaad (1948). He acted in one more Pak film Shahida (1949). He got involved with a woman belonging to a feudal Punjabi family. As a result of this imbroglio he had to leave Pakistan and settle in India. According to his wife Begum Para, Nasir Khan had some good films with Nutan. Two which are coming to my mind right now are Aagosh(1953) and Nagina (1951). He worked with almost all top heroines of his time from Shamim, Shyama to Nargis, Suraiya.

Dilip Kumar elder brother Ayub Sarwar got settled in Pakistan. He was a writer and scripted Aadmi, which won three Nigar Awards in 1958 including best picture Award.

Nasir Khan and Asha Posley in Pakistan's maiden production Teri Yaad (1948).

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Ummer
post May 21 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #400

Group Icon

QUOTE(maheshks @ May 21 2006, 08:53 AM) *

Ummer Bhai...Amar Jyoti(1936) ka gaana aapke bachpan ka favourite gaana tha unsure.gif
Ummer Mahaashayji ki ummer kay hai rolleyes.gif
Bade bade buzurg baitthe hain yahaan par unsure.gif

Thanks to Urzung Saab and other brothers viz, Ummer, Pradeep, Balaji, Mahesh and Shakeel for taking part in this thread and appreciations.

Shakeel Bhai..one clarification...the song that Rafi Saab sang in Shahjehan movie was not his first song that he sang for hindi movies.

Mahesh Bhai..I will send you the other songs of the movie ek nazar(1952) in a few days.

Mahesh Ji,
lol! Actually my Mom used to play that song when I was little. It was a part of 4 cassette set with commentaries by Amin Sayani. I dont remember the exact title, but it was "50 years of Indian Talkies - 1932-1982". I used to like this song alot wink2.gif. When Amar Jyoti was released, not even my parents were born then tongue1.gif. This film belongs to my GrandParents generation wink2.gif.

As far as my age is concerned, only Priya knows my real age on this forum cool.gif

Ummer.
+Quote Post
urzung khan
post May 25 2006, 05:14 AM
Post #401

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1470

QUOTE(Ummer @ May 21 2006, 08:36 PM) *

Hello Unni Ji,
Nasir Khan's (Dilip Kumar's younger brother) name will always be remembered for being the hero of Pakistan's first feature film Teri Yaad (1948). He acted in one more Pak film Shahida (1949). He got involved with a woman belonging to a feudal Punjabi family. As a result of this imbroglio he had to leave Pakistan and settle in India. According to his wife Begum Para, Nasir Khan had some good films with Nutan. Two which are coming to my mind right now are Aagosh(1953) and Nagina (1951). He worked with almost all top heroines of his time from Shamim, Shyama to Nargis, Suraiya.

Dilip Kumar elder brother Ayub Sarwar got settled in Pakistan. He was a writer and scripted Aadmi, which won three Nigar Awards in 1958 including best picture Award.

Thanks for Teri Yaad's picture. By 1948 she looked more like a vamp than heroine.
The production of Shahida was started before partition. Its three songs were composed
by Master Ghulam Haider in 1947. Its production was again started in early 1948 but
could only be released after TY.
One of the reasons Nasir Khan left Pakistan was to get rid of his engagement with
Swarnlata's daughter.
Teri Yaad had five songs by Asha. I do not know if their records were issued or not.
She was a good singer. Her solo in Pagdandi was very very popular: aankh ke
paanii aankh me.n reh ban ke kisii kii nishaani.

+Quote Post
Ummer
post May 25 2006, 03:19 PM
Post #402

Group Icon

QUOTE(urzung khan @ May 24 2006, 06:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Ummer @ May 21 2006, 08:36 PM) *

Hello Unni Ji,

Thanks for Teri Yaad's picture. By 1948 she looked more like a vamp than heroine.
The production of Shahida was started before partition. Its three songs were composed
by Master Ghulam Haider in 1947. Its production was again started in early 1948 but
could only be released after TY.
One of the reasons Nasir Khan left Pakistan was to get rid of his engagement with
Swarnlata's daughter.
Teri Yaad had five songs by Asha. I do not know if their records were issued or not.
She was a good singer. Her solo in Pagdandi was very very popular: aankh ke
paanii aankh me.n reh ban ke kisii kii nishaani.

and it is very very sad that the first heroine of Pakistan died in extreme poverty.

One interesting thing to note about Nasir Khan is that all C.H. Atma songs (as playback singer) were picturized on Nasir Khan in Nagina (1951) and Aasmaan (1952). biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
unni
post May 25 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #403

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

Ummer-bhai:

Thanks for the info about Nasir Khan. So two brothers were in Pakistan while one, Yusuf Khan, was running a canteen in Poona (or "tarkaariwala" as Madhubala's father contemptuously said! biggrin.gif ) before he entered films in Bombay.

Thanks also for the historical note, that the 1948 film 'TERI YAAD" was the first feature film produced in independent Pakistan. In British India, Lahore was Bombay's twin-city in film-making.

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
divz
post May 26 2006, 01:57 AM
Post #404

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2049

the video songs uplaoded in the thead are awesome.. and the write ups by people like maheshks, urzung sab,ummer ji and others make this thread even more intresting... i really enjoy the information, stories related with songs and the actors smile1.gif

many thanks to you all for making this thread an interesting one smile1.gif keep them coming

divz

" Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game "
+Quote Post
urzung khan
post May 27 2006, 02:27 AM
Post #405

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1470

Who is going to upload the video of:

'beena madhur madhur kachhu bol'

by Sarswati Rane (Mane) from 1944 Ram Rajiya

urzung khan
+Quote Post

34 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:01 PM