Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shair Aur Sargam

, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists

143 Pages V « < 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shair Aur Sargam, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists
swarapriya
post Apr 15 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #306

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Shailendra) Anarkali (1953)

Originally Basant Prakash was signed as a music director for this film. After recording just one song with Geeta Dutt, he died. Filmistan considered several alternatives but finally decided on C. Ramchandra as the composer. With the thundering success he enjoyed with Lataji as the principal singer for his 1951 hit “Albela”, Ramchandra wanted Lataji to sing all the songs. He requested producers to scrap Geetaji’s song from the film altogether. They agreed on both counts. However when the film was released, the producers reneged on the promise they made to Ramchandra and left Geetaji’s song intact in the film.

The film was one of the biggest hits of the year as well as the decade. Its music smashed all records. It was rumoured that Filmistan sold so many LPs of the film in its release year that it recuperated all of movie’s costs from these sales. They continued to reap benefits of the outstanding music of this film as the album kept selling like hot cakes even into late 50’s.

The music of this spell is simply magic. It casts spell over you. Its rich lyrics, the singing of Geetaji, Lataji, and Hemantda that has such deep feelings, and the liltingly melodious soft compositions lull you into another world of an unforgettable charming love.

I am uploading these lovely songs and some specials and several instrumentals in three back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 15 2013, 01:10 PM
Post #307

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "Anarkali (1953)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album including a couple of specials...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 15 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #308

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Anarkali (1953)"...

Here are some of the instrumentals of the songs from this great album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 16 2013, 12:39 PM
Post #309

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shakeel) Jadoo (1951)

This is another fine album from Naushad Saab. I am uploading songs from this album including several extended ones in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 16 2013, 12:47 PM
Post #310

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Jadoo (1951)"...

Here are some of the extended version songs from this film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 17 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #311

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Anand Bakshi) Return of Mr. Superman (1960)

The year 1960 saw two movies dealing with the theme of “Superman”. This one and another named simply as “Superman”. Originally both had the same name but when producers of this movie I am uploading songs of realized it, they changed it to the current title. Incidentally in both films actor Jairaj played the Superman’s role.

The special effects of this movie were anything but special. The unfolding of the story was bad and the treatment of the subject was unimaginative. The only redeeming feature of the film was its music. Anilda composed music for the songs and he does not disappoint. I am uploading songs and several music clips of this film in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set of songs…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 17 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #312

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Some Music Clips from "Return of Mr. Superman (1960)"...

Here are some of the music clips from this film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 18 2013, 12:51 PM
Post #313

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hasrat Jaipuri) Shrimatiji (1952)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...4658&st=263

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 19 2013, 12:31 PM
Post #314

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Javed Akhtar) Kranti (1981)

Dilip Kumar, one of the most brilliant actors of our times, was going through a patch of rough period starting in 70's with a string of flops. Manoj Kumar, who held Dilipji in high esteem and as his hero from his childhood, took him to play his father in this movie that he co-wrote, produced, and directed. The movie with a patriotic theme and number of stars became a huge hit. This revived Dilip Saab's career that saw him appear in several successful films following this one.

I am uploading songs from this album, containing some fine ones, in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 19 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #315

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Kranti (1981)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ramanr
post Apr 19 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #316

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 37

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 19 2013, 12:01 AM) *

Dilip Kumar, one of the most brilliant actors of our times, was going through a patch of rough period starting in 70's with a string of flops. Manoj Kumar, who held Dilipji in high esteem and as his hero from his childhood, took him to play his father in this movie that he co-wrote, produced, and directed. The movie with a patriotic theme and number of stars became a huge hit. This revived Dilip Saab's career that saw him appear in several successful films following this one.

I am uploading songs from this album, containing some fine ones, in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs...

Hi Swarapriya,

Was KishoreDa part of the ensemble for the song "Dilwale Dilwale Tera Naam"? I do not see him listed as a singer for this song in my searches. Could you confirm?

Regards.
Raman
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 20 2013, 12:11 AM
Post #317

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ramanr @ Apr 19 2013, 01:52 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 19 2013, 12:01 AM) *

Hi Swarapriya,

Was KishoreDa part of the ensemble for the song "Dilwale Dilwale Tera Naam"? I do not see him listed as a singer for this song in my searches. Could you confirm?

Regards.
Raman

Hello Raman,

I rechecked my database. I have transcribed the same data from it to the table you see. Now you bring up the subject here, I strongly suspect that my data probably is in error. Sometimes these things happen. When I looked for the singer details on the net I found them to be: Lata, Mahendra, Manna, Nitin Mukesh & Shailendra Singh. Now I am totally confused. I am requesting members who have the Geet Kosh available to please kindly confirm the singer list for this song. My many thanks.

Thanks again Ramanji for bringing this up.

Cheers,
S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 20 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #318

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Majrooh) Aar-Paar (1954)

Before Guru Dutt made himself as a maker of thought provoking memorable movies, he exhibited his skills as a superb director of several end-to-end entertainers starting with his maiden directorial venture in Dev Anand’s classic “Baazi” in 1951. Most of these his early movies followed a similar pattern. One strong point of all of them was their music.

The whole soul of “Aar-Paar” was its music. O.P. Nayyar never looked this better. Youthful, exuberant, effervescent, down and out entertaining, these are some of the words that describe its music. A light hearted cheekiness is written all over these liltingly melodious songs. After nearly 60 years, these songs still sound as fresh and as lovely as they were at the time they were first heard. The movie rode on the strength of its music and became a hit. The unforgettable music of OP had strong support in Majrooh Saab’s lovely lyrics and the enchanting voices of Geetaji, Shamshadji, and Rafi Saab.

It doesn’t take away in any way the greatness of OP that couple of songs he composed were borrowed from Western musical hits. The song “Baabuji Dheere Chalna” was based on the 1947 Cuban hit song, “Quizas, Quizas, Quizas” by Oswaldo Farres. The song “Sunn Sunn Sunn Zaalima” was based on the hit “Sing Sing Sing”. I believe Bing Crosby was its singer.

Geetaji’s lovely voice was in full display in this film. She sang seven out of eight songs, four solos and three duets with Rafi Saab. The crooning, the humming, no wonder why many think that her voice simply glides away. If there was one who had voice soaked in honey, hers probably was it. A wonderful range and an awesome display of her vocal talents showcase these songs.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains songs from an original soundtrack album. The second post contains extended version songs. Their source is a DVD. These longer versions all have extra music and some songs also have extra mukhdas.

Here are the songs in the first post…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 20 2013, 12:45 PM
Post #319

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Extended Version Songs of "Aar-Paar (1954)"...

Here are the extended versions of songs from this beautiful album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 21 2013, 09:34 PM
Post #320

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rajinder Krishan) Bahar(1951)

Vyjayanti Mala was barely 13 years old when she was offered the star role in the Tamil film “Vazhkai” in 1949. The director of the film, M.V. Raman, was a friend of Mala’s parents. He was impressed with her dancing skills and decided to take her in the lead in spite of her young age. The movie became a super hit. It was remade in Telugu the very next year in 1950 as “Jeevitham” with Mala reprising her role once more. The Telugu film also was a hit. It was then remade in Hindi in 1951 as “Bahar”. This was the first Hindi film for Mala. She learned Hindi and dubbed her own voice for the movie. The Hindi film also was a success.

In a miscast, Karan Dewan, who was the hero of this film, looked old and tired opposite a youthful and bubbly Vyjayanti Mala. In real life, he was 20 years senior to her and that really showed in the movie.

The movie when you see it now looks very dated. It is a family drama with a familiar theme. But the story was only a subplot of the movie. The real thing was that the producer and the director wanted to showcase dancing skills of the heroine, Vyjayanti Mala. A trained dancer she is, she does a splendid job of exhibiting her proficiency at dancing.

Burmanda didn’t give music to too many movies produced in South. The music of this film became a hit. Rajinder Krishan, who wrote lyrics for this film, his first for a South made film, became almost a permanent fixture for many more Hindi films to come from South. Parag Sankla, a friend and a member of this Forum, tells that Krishan ji whose demand in South soared went to the extent of learning Tamil so that producers and directors from South could be comfortable working with him.

This probably was one movie that Burmanda utilized talents of Shamshadji to a great extent. She has five beautiful solos, all picturized on Vyjayanti Mala. I am uploading these and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

143 Pages V « < 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:55 AM