Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Pakistan V India 2005

, Offiical Tour Thread

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pakistan V India 2005, Offiical Tour Thread
Akhtar
post Feb 20 2005, 02:10 AM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 568

Thats one hell of a battin' line up.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
princeali
post Feb 20 2005, 02:41 AM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

Ind has an awesome batting lineup that is stronger than Pak, but Pak have the all-rounders that Ind do not have, so each team has their strengths and their weaknesses.

Arshad Khan being recalled is a big surprise, but frankly with Danish and Afridi both in the playing eleven (if that is the case), I don't think he'll get much playing time.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
jayant
post Feb 20 2005, 10:20 PM
Post #33

Unregistered

My pakistani friends.........
any info abt Mussie?What is he doing these days?is he still playing 1st class crkt?What a talent but just afded out.
js
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Feb 20 2005, 10:26 PM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Mussie ?

I trust you mean Mushtaq Ahmed ? He is playing FC Cricket for NBP, and county cricket for Sussex.
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Feb 20 2005, 10:27 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

He is also part of the Tablighi Jamaat Muslim group. Has really found himself lately.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/A..._27AUG2003.html
+Quote Post
Flex001
post Feb 21 2005, 02:17 AM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 184

I only found out yesterday Arshad Khan is 33!!! What's so wrong with Saqqie and Mushie then?

I been to Tabligh Jamaat a few times. You get some really funny incidents. One time we met some Jehovah's witnesses during ghast and began conversing with them in the street. Boy, was it a sight to see or what! Two sets of religious missionaries debating away and totally entrenched in their positions. I think the locals were happy! tongue.gif

"To be in a minority of one does not necessarily render one insane"
George Orwell (1949) 'Nineteen Eighty Four'
+Quote Post
jayant
post Feb 21 2005, 10:18 AM
Post #37

Unregistered

So good 2 knw mussie is still playing serious cricket.But what this group is all about?
Wasim bhai has gone on record saying tht Arshad Khan has developed a good floater or the doosra as saqi likes to term it.Arshad is a bwlr who flights the ball but off the wicket he is very slow...tht nip off the wkt is missing.Lets see how he fares.
js
QUOTE(Akhtar @ Feb 20 2005, 10:26 PM)
Mussie ?

I trust you mean Mushtaq Ahmed ? He is playing FC Cricket for NBP, and county cricket for Sussex.

QUOTE(Akhtar @ Feb 20 2005, 10:27 PM)
He is also part of the Tablighi Jamaat Muslim group. Has really found himself lately.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/A..._27AUG2003.html

+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Feb 21 2005, 12:21 PM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Arshad has taken 553 FC Wickets, and I think its because of his experiece he was picked over Tahir Khan, Imran Tahir, Saeed Ajmal etc.
+Quote Post
princeali
post Feb 24 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Imran talked Shoaib out of touring

Cricinfo staff
February 23, 2005

Imran Khan has admitted that he talked Shoaib Akhtar out of making himself available for the Indian tour. Shoaib pulled out with a hamstring injury, and Imran said that he had been consulted before the decision was taken.

Speaking to Times News Network, Imran said, "Shoaib was willing to make himself available for the selection but I advised him against doing so. He was confused whether to tour or not. He was in two minds when he came to me for advice. He didn't know how to respond to the hamstring niggle. I told him if it's a hamstring rupture then he shouldn't tour at all. As it turned out, Shoaib had a big rupture."

Shoaib performed exceptionally in the first Test against Australia at Perth, and also bowled with real zeal in the first innings of the second Test before losing his zip and fitness. Thereafter, he was a convenient whipping-boy for Pakistan's poor displays on tour - but Imran suggested that others were just as much to blame. "Shoaib is slightly difficult to handle and the PCB likes to pass the buck," he said. "They all need soul-searching."

Imran edded: "It's sad that in Pakistan everyone, even President Musharraf, is unwilling to accept his mistakes. I say that because it is President Musharraf who formed the PCB which in turn appointed Inzamam-ul-Haq as captain. None of them realise that our poor performance is due to them also."

According to Imran, there was little point in Shoaib rushing back into the fray. "Realistically, I don't see him playing the Test series, but if he stretches himself too far then maybe he can play the third Test," he said. "But for me, he shouldn't play before the third or the fourth one-dayer. He should first play a first-class game and then think of international cricket. Shoaib also realises that if he plays and fails then he'll again be made a scapegoat."

Shoaib himself ruled out any half-baked comeback bid. "I don't want to rush back," he said, perhaps aware of how poorly he had performed under the weight of expectation against India last year. "I want to be away from media attention. It's a question of my career and I don't want to compromise on it. But yes, I don't rule myself out from coming back for the one-day series."

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Feb 27 2005, 06:13 PM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Pakistan fast bowler Rana Naved-ul-Hasan hopes that the tour of India will help him mature as a cricketer besides assisting him in cementing his place in the Test team.

"It will be a big tour for me and I am eagerly looking forward to it. I am confident that this tour will help me mature as a cricketer and I will be able to permanently cement my place as a genuine fast bowler in the Test team," said the 27-year-old medium-pacer from Lahore as Pakistan prepared to leave for India on their first tour in six years.

Naved first burst onto international scene with his one-day debut against Sri Lanka at Sharjah immediately after the World Cup when Pakistan dropped eight players after the first round exit.

He has also played two Tests but more importantly has been given a lead role in the absence of fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar who is down with hamstring injury.

"India will be a great learning place because I will be playing against the best from whom I have an excellent opportunity to learn. The wickets will make me think and push me to keep trying something different," Naved, who has taken 33 wickets in 22 one-day internationals, said.

"I can say that the wickets will have low bounce and they will be slow. It will be a different experience because I will be coming after bowling in bouncy and quicker Australian tracks."

"In Australia, I wished I would get Brian Lara and my dream came true. Now I am praying to get a few top Indian batsmen wickets, including Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar," Naved said.

"Rahul is my favorite batsmen while Sachin is a great batsman. It would be a personal satisfaction if I manage to get their wickets."

The Sheikhupura-born Naved, respected in Pakistan cricket circles because of his commitment and dedication, said he was delighted to be bestowed with the responsibility of sharing the new ball in India.

"Shoaib Akhtar's loss has been my gain and I am delighted with the prospects of sharing the new ball in India. Opening the bowling for Pakistan means a lot of responsibility on my shoulders besides the honour of being bracketed in history with legends like Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Sarfraz Nawaz who have opened the Pakistan attack with the new cherry.

"We will all miss Shoaib Akhtar. He is a great bowler and he will be missed. But we will try our best to put his absence behind us and try to perform with whatever resources we have. We are a well knit team with each player backing the other for this important assignment," Naved, who will shoulder bowling responsibilities with Mohammad Sami and Mohammad Khalil, said.

Naved said he has heard that fast bowlers hunt in pairs but added he was too early in his career to form a pair.

"Maybe, this tour will give me my partner. I have not set high goals for myself on the Indian tour. My ambition is to get early Indian wickets and have a lion's share in Pakistan's performance on the tour. A wicket that helps Pakistan win the Test will be better than bagful of wickets in a lost Test."

Besides performance in the field, Naved said he would like to utilise free time in sight seeing and visiting historic places.

"India has a rich history and if cricket permitted, I will try to go anywhere I can. But on top of the priority list is Ajmer while the second is Taj Mahal," Naved said.

Naved said he would be missing his father who died during the first tri-nation series final against Australia last month.

"This will be the first time I will leave my home without meeting him. He had been a huge influence on my career. He always supported and backed me throughout my life, even when I was performing but not getting a chance at the highest level.

"When I was first selected, he told me that it was easy to get in the team but very difficult to stay there.

"He had advised me to work hard, pray five times a day and always thank the Almighty for whatever he has given. I am religiously following his advice and the God is helping me," Naved said.
+Quote Post
cinemaniac2
post Feb 28 2005, 01:12 AM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 107

I think we have a even battle with this line up

Dravid (as always) the mainstay if Sehwag fials.

Youhana if Imzamam fails.

Bowling without Shoaib seems to be lacklustre.

+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Feb 28 2005, 12:34 PM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Indeed the bowling is weak...but not lacklustre. Sami, Naved & Danish are all very capable.
+Quote Post
princeali
post Mar 1 2005, 12:28 AM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Akhtar @ Feb 28 2005, 02:04 AM)
Indeed the bowling is weak...but not lacklustre. Sami, Naved & Danish are all very capable.

Add Afridi to the mix and you have a competitive attack. Afridi has improved his bowling alot and hopefully he will get a chance to play in the test side.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Mar 3 2005, 12:37 PM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

9-0 so far. Rain stopped play
+Quote Post
spbobby
post Mar 4 2005, 07:00 PM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1026

user posted image

Poor weather frustrates Pakistan

March 04, 2005 17:52 IST

Poor weather again frustrated Pakistan in the build-up to their first Test series in India for six years following a truncated second day in the warm-up game against the BCCI President's XI at the HPCA stadium in Dharamsala on Friday.

The HPCA stadium in DharamsalaAll-rounder Abdul Razzaq provided a bright spot, top-scoring with an aggressive 63 for the only half century of the innings before Pakistan were bowled out for 273 on the verge of lunch in the three-day match.

The home team had reached 91 for one when poor light midway through the afternoon session forced the players indoors at this Himalayan hill station with play eventually called off as gloomy conditions persisted.

BCCI President's XI captain Mohammad Kaif, left out of the Indian squad for the first Test starting in Mohali on Tuesday, was 42 not out with left-handed opener Dheeraj Jadhav, highest run-scorer in Ranji Trophy competition this season, on 30.

Pakistan, resuming on 165 for five, lost Asim Kamal in the morning's second over, trapped leg before wicket by paceman Shib Shankar Paul without adding to his overnight score of 43.

Razzaq and wicket-keeper Kamran Akmal (34) then produced an entertaining 59-run seventh wicket partnership before the latter was dismissed to make it 228 for seven.

Razzaq held one end up for about two hours, hitting all but 11 runs in boundaries, including two straight sixes against part-time off spinner Venugopal Rao, who was the most successful host bowler claiming three for 48.

He was the last man out, holing out left-arm spinner Neeraj Patel to deep midwicket.

Pakistan pacemen started promisingly when Rana Naved bowled opener Satyajit Parab for 11 but then struggled on a slow pitch.

Mohammad Sami, leading the new ball attack in the absence of injured strike bowler Shoaib Akhtar, lost momentum after bowling two testing overs at the start.

Kaif hit him for two consecutive fours in one over and then smashed Razzaq past point for two more fours. Razzaq, coming on as first change, struggled for rhythm with Jadhav flicking him off his pads for two consecutive fours.

Scoreboard:

Pakistan first innings: (overnight 165-5)
S Butt run out 21
T Umar c Kaif b R P Singh 37
Y Khan c Jadhav b Gagandeep Singh 0
Y Youhana c P Patel b Paul 18
Inzamam-ul-Haq lbw b Rao 35
A Kamal lbw b Paul 43
A Razzaq c Rao b N Patel 63
K Akmal c Kaif b Rao 34
M Sami c Jadhav b Rao 0
R Naved c P Patel b Gagandeep 9
D Kaneria not out 4

Extras: (b-5 lb-2 nb-2) 9

Total: (all out, 67.3 overs) 273

Fall of wickets: 1-54 2-55 3-83 4-83 5-155 6-169 7-228 8-236 9-249

Bowling: R P Singh 18-5-67-1, Gagandeep Singh 20-5-60-2, Powar 4-0-22-0 (nb-1), Paul 14-2-60-2 (nb-1), Rao 9-1-48-3, N Patel 2.3-0-9-1

BCCI President's XI first innings:
D Jadhav not out 30
S Parab b Naved 11
M.Kaif not out 42

Extras: (lb-4 nb-4) 8

Total: (for one wicket, 22.2 overs) 91

To bat: N Patel, V Rao, P Patel, S Raina, R Powar, R P Singh, G Singh, S S Paul

Fall of wicket: 1-17

Bowling: Sami 6-0-28-0 (nb-2), Naved 8-4-17-1 (nb-2), Razzaq 5.2-0-34-0, Kaneria 3-0-8-0.

IPB ImageIPB Image

Bhag Tweety Bhag,Teri Izzat Ka Sawal Hai

hi
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:03 AM