Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

HF Guidelines updated, IMPORTANT, Please read.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HF Guidelines updated, IMPORTANT, Please read.
Pradeep
post Jul 26 2004, 04:23 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Hello Friends,

Last month it was 1 million hits and this month its 1.5 million hits. A hit is a resource hosted on this site, that is requested. This is a happy sign to show that we are growing. smile1.gif But there are negative factors too: There has been a considerable increase in the bandwidth consumption. Since HF is hosted on a dedicated server, we do not have to worry, but then, the server performance is going down.

Why are we growing at this rate? When I went through the log files, I've noticed that attachments posted at HF are being hot linked at other sites and on other forums outside HF. It saddens me to see that the original poster is not even accredited. The member who is posting there, may be a guest here.

I want HF to be a board that is fun to be in. Let us exchange topics that are educative and fun filled with humour. Lets not make it a artifact center thatz hotlinked elsewhere.

New rules applied to enhance the server performance and curtail on excessive abuse of bandwidth:
  • New users need to validate their email address within 1 day, else they have to re-register again.
  • Each member can have only one unique email address registered at HF. More than one member cannot share the same email address. This is to comply with future versions of Invision Board.

• To reduce the server load, the following rules are applied from august 1st, 2004 onwards (this rule is not applied on Admins, Moderators and special members) :-
    • every guest should register to access forums hosted on HF. A guest can only access Notification forum.
    • Any member who does not participate in any forums on HF for more than 7 days, his/her registration will be deleted.

Feel free to discuss this on Chit-o-chat forum.

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:01 AM