Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shair Aur Sargam

, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists

143 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shair Aur Sargam, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists
swarapriya
post Jan 13 2013, 01:46 PM
Post #91

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Rajinder Krishan) Bari Behen (1949)

This album contains some fine song. Among them is the chart buster "Chup Chup Khade Ho" that was a sensational hit. Here is this and other songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 14 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #92

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shailendra) Kali Ghata (1951)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in this very thread. These are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...04658&st=85

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 15 2013, 01:39 PM
Post #93

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shakeel) Pugree (1948)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...04658&st=46

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 16 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #94

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Anand Bakshi) Pehla Pehla Pyar (1958)

I have only a couple of songs from this album. A list of missing songs is shown in the following table in red italics. If anyone of you have these missing songs, please kindly share them with rest of us. Thank you.

Here are then two songs I have...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 17 2013, 01:49 PM
Post #95

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hasrat Jaipuri) Lachak (1951)

I have only three songs from this album. Missing songs are listed in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these missing songs if they can. Thank you.

Here are the three songs I have...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 12 2013, 07:05 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 18 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #96

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Javed Akhtar) Zanjeer (1973)

Most of the following write up appeared in one of my earlier postings of this movie...

This is the movie Amitabh was patiently waiting to happen. After his stunning award winning debut in 1969 with Abbas's "Saat Hindustani" and even after some good roles like Hrishida's masterpiece "Anand" in 1971, Amitabh was still down on his luck as a struggling actor and was desperately trying to find his niche. Then "Zanjeer" happened. The role originally offered to the debonair Dev Anand was offered to Amitabh when Dev turned down because there were no songs for the hero!

In a way "Zanjeer" is an out and out a great cop movie that redefined a Hindi film hero, the one who fights back for the justice, the one who is brooding and angry. In a nutshell an "Angry Young Man" was born. However, unfortunately the movie also brought on an abrupt end to good romantic films which were elevated to some what of a higher status with series of hits by the Superstar Rajesh Khanna. Now the films became solely action oriented. Movies in which women with good roles just about disappeared.

"Zanjeer" was a well conceived and well directed taut thriller with a superb performance by Amitabh and an equally endearing performance by Pran. The movie took away several Filmfare awards. The writing team of Salim & Javed were awarded for the Best Story and the Best Screenplay. Mahadik walked as the Best Editor for his crisp editing that kept the movie's suspense at a taut pace. Finally, Gulshan Bawra won for the Best Lyrics for that great Manna's song "Yaari Hai Imaan Mera". All well deserving awards.

Now for a description of the songs from an original soundtrack album and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Jan 18 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #97

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 133351

One Missing song from Lachak-1951

Na jaane kiski nazar padi

This post has been edited by Abdur Rehman: Jan 18 2013, 10:44 PM

Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
romesh
post Jan 19 2013, 07:07 AM
Post #98

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58160

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 16 2013, 01:31 PM) *

I have only a couple of songs from this album. A list of missing songs is shown in the following table in red italics. If anyone of you have these missing songs, please kindly share them with rest of us. Thank you.

hi swarapriya

here is one missing song

aka baka tin tila @192kbps 3.20mts

quote---romesh
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 19 2013, 08:09 AM
Post #99

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Jan 18 2013, 09:08 AM) *

One Missing song from Lachak-1951

Na jaane kiski nazar padi

Thank you very much Seshadri for the song. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 19 2013, 08:09 AM
Post #100

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(romesh @ Jan 18 2013, 05:37 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 16 2013, 01:31 PM) *

hi swarapriya

here is one missing song

quote---romesh

Thank you kindly for the song Romesh. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
romesh
post Jan 19 2013, 09:17 AM
Post #101

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 17 2013, 01:49 PM) *

I have only four songs from this album. Missing songs are listed in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these missing songs if they can. Thank you.

Here are the four songs I have...

two more missing songs from lachak quality average

o topi wale babu ji 2.48mts
meine pyar kiya ji 3.02mts

quote = romesh
+Quote Post
romesh
post Jan 19 2013, 09:22 AM
Post #102

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

[quote name='swarapriya' date='Jan 19 2013, 08:09 AM' post='715840']
[quote name='romesh' post='715838' date='Jan 18 2013, 05:37 PM']
[quote name='swarapriya' post='715740' date='Jan 16 2013, 01:31 PM']

[/quote]

hi swarapriya

here is one missing song

quote---romesh

quote]

Thank you kindly for the song Romesh. Cheers. -S
[/quote]

you are welcome

romesh
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 19 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #103

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(romesh @ Jan 18 2013, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 17 2013, 01:49 PM) *

I have only four songs from this album. Missing songs are listed in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these missing songs if they can. Thank you.

Here are the four songs I have...

two more missing songs from lachak quality average

o topi wale babu ji 2.48mts
meine pyar kiya ji 3.02mts

quote = romesh

Again, many many thanks Romesh for sharing the songs with rest of us. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 19 2013, 01:44 PM
Post #104

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Majrooh) Andaz (1949)

Most of the following write up appeared in one of my earlier postings of this film...

Here is a classic that never gets dated. Probably that is why it is a classic. This was definitely one of the great movies of Mehboob Khan. If his other great classic “Mother India” dealt with rustic India, this movie dealt with urban India and the influence of western culture on it. Both movies starred one of our greatest actresses, Nargis. She probably owes to Mehboob more than anyone else for bringing out the best in her.

Nargis was hardly 19 years old when “Andaz” was made. She was already an established actress. As a matter of fact she had the top billing in this movie with Dilp Kumar and Raj Kapoor names to appear after hers when the titles of the movie rolled. This was the first movie in which her acting abilities were really challenged. The role had many shades of complexity and demanded consummate histrionics. She rose to the occasion magnificently. She brings out the carefree tomboyish nature of a growing woman with much glee and élan. She puts forth forcibly the role of a responsible business woman with ever so ease. She exemplifies as an adoring wife with romantic abandon. She gives intensity to her performance to show moral conflict of a person caught between the loves of two men which shows bleeding wounds of suffering. This is the movie Nargis announced to the world that she has arrived.

After casting Nargis, Mehboob Khan asked her whom does she want to play her husband in the movie, Dilip or Raj. She chose Raj. Each of the male leads did a great job in such contrasting roles. It was restraint in acting of Dilip versus the deliberate overplay of Raj. It was fun to watch these two great performers for the first and the last time together in the same movie.

The movie has some great music by Naushad ji. Like in most of his early movies, Naushadji was just brilliant. Every song was a super hit. Interestingly all songs by Mukesh were picturized on Dilip and Rafi for Raj. Incidentally, the previous year, in “Mela (1948)”, Naushad used the voice of Mukesh for Dilip. Those songs were also huge hits.

This was a banner year for Lata. Every song in this movie was a huge hit. But this didn’t come easy. While recording of these songs Naushadji felt that Lata lacked proper Urdu diction. Lataji’s mother tongue being Marathi, this was not unusual. Naushadji spent many hours coaching Lata how to speak Urdu and how to sing some of these songs. This becomes very evident when Lata sings the song “Uthaaye Jaa Unke Sitam” in this movie. Lata also had another magnificent movie this same year in Raj Kapoor’s memorable musical “Barsaat”. That solidified her position in the industry as a singer par excellence and in the coming years a promise of force to reckon with.

Because of the number of songs I will upload these in three back-to-back posts. I am also including some of the unreleased songs that became available few years back. The first btwo posts contain songs from the film and the third post contains some instrumentals.

Now for the first set of songs …

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jan 19 2013, 01:45 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 19 2013, 01:52 PM
Post #105

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "Andaz (1949)"...

Here is the next set of songs from this beautiful album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

143 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:30 PM