Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Before Sunrise(1995) / Before Sunset(2004)

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Before Sunrise(1995) / Before Sunset(2004)
Nidhi
post Mar 8 2008, 01:40 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6496

'There Will Be Blood'. I have just seen this movie. It's Daniel Day Lewis, all the way through. His performance is great. He really gets into the character of this ruthless oil drilling entrepreneur. When you look at his performances in his earlier films like 'The Last of the Mohicans', 'In the Name of the father' etc, you can make out the effort that he puts into his roles.. Look at the range of his characterisation, each one different. His role in this movie truly deserves the academy that he got. The movie itself is slow paced, not much of a story line, but Day Lewis keeps up the tempo.

I have with me two documentaries titled 'Why We Fight' & Naom Chomsky's 'Manufacturing Consent'. Both should be interesting.

This post has been edited by Nidhi: Mar 8 2008, 01:52 AM

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.The voice of the majority is no proof of justice."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Mar 8 2008, 06:20 AM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Class film! Class film! Im sorry, but I just have to do this:

"A bas*ard from a basket!... a bas*ard from a basket!" Lol!

It makes you think tho at the top, top level, if you're obscenely rich, sumwhere along the way you have had to pay heavily 4 it.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Mar 8 2008, 02:19 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

"A bas*ard from a basket!... a bas*ard from a basket!".
To clear the confusion, that's a dialogue
from the movie.

As the saying goes 'Behind every great fortune there is a crime'. Of course, one can't generalise.

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.The voice of the majority is no proof of justice."
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Mar 8 2008, 10:12 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nidhi @ Mar 8 2008, 08:49 AM) *

"A bas*ard from a basket!... a bas*ard from a basket!".
To clear the confusion, that's a dialogue from the movie.

Here's 1 more:

If I go there and find that you've wasted my time I'll come back and find you and take more than just my money back. Is that ok with you? laugh.gif laugh.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Mar 10 2008, 05:46 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

As a rule i mostly avoid the animated movies, but a couple of days back i happened to see ' The Enchanted' upon being informed that it is only part animation. It is a sweet & entertaining movie for the whole family. You get thrown from animated characters into flesh & blood ones. Good animation, some nice visuals & lovely songs. Great entertaining stuff for the kids as well as for the dreamy eyed romantic ones.

+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Mar 10 2008, 07:34 PM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nidhi @ Mar 10 2008, 12:16 PM) *

As rule i mostly avoid the animated movies

Serious? But why? I love them kinda films I mean dont get me wrong I wudnt go pictures n watch them but at home, Im all 4 it... maybe not Enchanted but you know, the good stuff like Shark Tale, Shrek (I cant think of anymore right now but I know there are more quality ones out there coz Ive seen a few).

Does this mean you've not watched Beowulf?

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Mar 11 2008, 01:31 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

'Beowulf'. I have it with me but could'nt make up my mind to watch it. I would one of these days.

+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Mar 11 2008, 04:43 AM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nidhi @ Mar 10 2008, 08:01 PM) *

'Beowulf'. I have it with me but could'nt make up my mind to watch it. I would one of these days.

W8 4 a blu-ray or HD copy and even then you sud really watch it on a minimum 40inch tv otherwise you wont do it justice! Im not kiddin I watched this film with unqualified admiration, the skill n technology used in this is extra special.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Mar 11 2008, 10:12 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

W8 4 a blu-ray or HD copy and even then you sud really watch it on a minimum 40inch tv otherwise you wont do it justice! Im not kiddin I watched this film with unqualified admiration, the skill n technology used in this is extra special.

I am pretty sure that it would be a visual treat to watch such a movie on a blu-ray HD disc. But again I would need a 42" HD TV either Plasma or LCD (720p or 1080p) & for the added dolby or dts effect i would need a 6.1 exi dolby digital decoder / amplifier with the full quantum of 7 speakers plus a sub-woofer. I can well imagine the audio-visual effects, but alas it would make such a dent in my meagre financial resources, that i may be out on the streets. I would rather wait a wee bit longer before i go in for such an investment. For the present, your description of the effects will make me visit the local movie theater, which i have not gone to in ages.

But i always ask myself the question whether any movie that is worth seeing, is it worth going to see? I am one lazy couch potato.

Let's hear more of your reviews

+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Mar 12 2008, 05:53 AM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I am pretty sure that it would be a visual treat to watch such a movie on a blu-ray HD disc. But again I would need a 42" HD TV either Plasma or LCD (720p or 1080p) & for the added dolby or dts effect i would need a 6.1 exi dolby digital decoder / amplifier with the full quantum of 7 speakers plus a sub-woofer. I can well imagine the audio-visual effects, but alas it would make such a dent in my meagre financial resources, that i may be out on the streets. I would rather wait a wee bit longer before i go in for such an investment.

Lol! Nice. Touche even.

Let's hear more of your reviews

On Beowulf? Nothing much to review in all honesty. A film in the same genre 'ancient hero kills monster'. There are bits where its stupid and cheesy but just like 300 it gets away with it and remains entertaining. Simple and easy to enjoy. There's a mesmerizing witch with radiant red hair in the film, if you are intrigued by that (I am). It's a Canada, Iceland & UK co-production, the settings are at spectacular Iceland and the director whoever he is didnt need Hollywood or Angelina to tell a grim epic tale of manslaught and revenge.

effects will make me visit the local movie theater.

They ought to, they're damn attractive I tell you. 4 sumthin that is all computer imagery there are times which fool you into thinkin that thatz live... that is a lot of man-hours, you can tell a lot of hard work went into this. Wots the rate, 30 frames per second? Thatz a few 100 computers plus a couple of super computers all rendering and processing effects, and it shows in the enhanced depth n texture of the film. Audio? There is this scene where you see gravel falling through a hand and you can hear every drop! My personal take on this is that this is the future generation of PS games (graphic wise).

But i always ask myself the question whether any movie that is worth seeing, is it worth going to see?

Even if its a little mission... this 1 is totally worth it!

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Mar 16 2008, 12:39 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

August Rush(2007): This is a very sweet movie. You have romance & music, which keep it interesting & entertaining. It has a little bit of the 'Oliver Twist' type of tale interwoven into the main plot.

Derailed(2005): Clive Owen & Jennifer Aniston star in this thriller. An interesting movie with a twist to the tale. It has intrigue, suspense & action.

+Quote Post
behenji.turned.mod
post Mar 16 2008, 06:02 AM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7547

i saw Stardust....another fairy tale movie....really liked it tho...far far better than enchanted
+Quote Post
humble_rafi
post Mar 16 2008, 01:42 PM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1609

Stardust is a very charming movie.I watched it last week.Modern technology has enriched the movie's story with some nice graphics.

I loved Robert De Niro and Michelle Pfeiffer.

I NEVER HEARD AN ANGEL SINGING,YES I HEARD MOHAMMED RAFI SAHAB.

I LOVE THEE RAFI SAHAB

Saanson Ki Maala Pay, Simron Main Pi Ka Naam......Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Sahab
+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Mar 16 2008, 01:50 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

I sure would like to see 'Stardust' as soon as i get hold of a copy.

+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Mar 17 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

The Miracle Worker(2000). I had seen this TV movie a couple of years back. It was a lovely movie based on a particular period of Hellen Keller's life story. It is a very poignant & sentimental drama with great acting by the lead players. Hallie Kate Eisenberg & Alison Elliott did great justice to their roles as Hellen Keller & Annie Sullivan (teacher). A movie that is worth seeing. There were such movies based on Heller Keller in 1962 & 1979 too.

I rarely see Hindi movies. Sometime last year i had the opportunity of seeing a movie called 'Black' upon a friend's recommendation. I couldn't believe my eyes, that here i was watching blatantly plagiarised stuff with the role of the teacher being played by Amitabh Bachhan. There is no credit to either to the Hellen Keller institution or the movie. Worst of all i watched a television interview by Amitabh wherein he adores the great qualities of this guy Sanjay Leela Bhansali as a director. If there is an academy award for plagiarism then this movie should get it. Amitabh role was so melodramatic in comparison to Annie Sullivan's subtle & refined role as the teacher. I presume that both Amitabh & SLB got quite a few award for this movie. They are the true miracle workers.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:37 PM