Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sachin The Great

, Yet another milestone for the master blaster

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sachin The Great, Yet another milestone for the master blaster
desai2rn
post Feb 26 2010, 11:22 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 189

Congratulation to Sachin, the greatest batsman to be the first double centurion in ODI.

Way to go Sachin. We are proud of you.

Hope you win the world cup in 2011 before calling quits.

Ramesh

R a m e s h
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
venkat
post Feb 26 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6841

I certainly think he is a real great sportsman, may be the best sportsman of all times for India, not just best cricketer of all times!

However, I also feel that he had undergone a great, positive change over the last 6 to 7 years! Most of you know what I mean! Unlike earlier, over the last 6 to 7 years, he was playing very very positively and playing more for the team than for himself alone!!!

I do not know whether he had undergone that change on his own or because of criticism from media and public or because of pressure from the likes of Greg Chapell, etc.!!!! rolleyes.gif

Venkat

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

Mohammed Rafi: Highest Quantity Of Greatest Quality In Mind-boggling Variety!!!
+Quote Post
desai2rn
post Mar 2 2010, 09:15 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(venkat @ Feb 26 2010, 11:31 AM) *

I certainly think he is a real great sportsman, may be the best sportsman of all times for India, not just best cricketer of all times!

However, I also feel that he had undergone a great, positive change over the last 6 to 7 years! Most of you know what I mean! Unlike earlier, over the last 6 to 7 years, he was playing very very positively and playing more for the team than for himself alone!!!

I do not know whether he had undergone that change on his own or because of criticism from media and public or because of pressure from the likes of Greg Chapell, etc.!!!! rolleyes.gif

Venkat

Venkat ji,

I fully agree with your first statement.

Not living in India I hardly get to watch any matches live or on TV. I do follow the scores on Internet
I use to be able to watch cricket until 1980 and was a huge fan of Gavaskar, Vishwnath, Engineer,Chandra etc. Some how even without watching I became even a bigger fan of Sachin. I have heard similar comments to the one in your second staement and could never quite understood it. " He scores runs for
himself", " India never wins when he scores", etc.

Some one once posted stats of wins/loss and his scores and none of the comments made any sense.
He is and always was a prolific run scorer. India won when he scored and sometimes not. But as long
as he was at the wicket he was a threat to the other team that was for sure.

One thing that I admired the most is that as great as he is he always came across as simple, sincere and
full of national pride. More so than any other player that I have known since I have followed cricket.

Ramesh

R a m e s h
+Quote Post
desai2rn
post Apr 4 2011, 06:00 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

India wins world cup and Sachin finally eleminates any doubt that he is th Greatest batsman in history of
cricket to date. Congratulation to to Team India and Sachin. I am sure he will get his 100th 100 in very
near future.

Ramesh

R a m e s h
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:25 PM