Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Next Best singer

, Clones Of Rafi Saheb......!

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Next Best singer, Clones Of Rafi Saheb......!
humble_rafi
post Jun 2 2005, 11:21 PM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1609

in my opinion sonu is't the best clone so far not even a full fledge singer.ever clone of had their days and then they disappeared like a ghost.

sonu can only copy the light range of RAFI SAHAB,he has been in the indusrty for more then 10 yrs but he never changed his voice.he is too arrogant.

if i really respect any clone of RAFI SAHAB it is none other then MAHINDER KAPOOR coz he delevoped his own voice though he remained as a copycat like others.

same is applicaple to KISHORE DA's clones and MUKESH's clones.

a clone has a very short career

I NEVER HEARD AN ANGEL SINGING,YES I HEARD MOHAMMED RAFI SAHAB.

I LOVE THEE RAFI SAHAB

Saanson Ki Maala Pay, Simron Main Pi Ka Naam......Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Sahab
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
princeali
post Jun 3 2005, 12:07 AM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

The times when Sonu has changed his voice is according to trends or the demands of the people involved with the film, i.e. music directors, producers etc. It is really disheartening to see him sing like a Kumar Sanu or Udit instead of singing like himself. If he sticks to his normal voice he is a good singer. His songs for example in Refugee were a treat. Ever wonder why he didn't get a break for such a long time, because politics kept him out when he clearly was more talented than others.

Anyhow, Sonu Nigam's voice or even the past clones who sounded similar to Rafi saab aren't even close to the golden voice, they all still lack the depth.

Humble_rafi bhai mentioned a point about Sonu's arrogance. I attended one of his stage shows here in Toronto, and when a person took a pic of him, he got upset and didn't like it at all.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
humble_rafi
post Jun 3 2005, 12:37 AM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1609

HAZAROON SAALE NARGIS AAPNI BENOORI PE ROOTI HAI
BADI HI MUSHKIL SE HOTA HAI CHAMMAN MEIN MOHAMMED RAFI SAHAB PAIDA

I NEVER HEARD AN ANGEL SINGING,YES I HEARD MOHAMMED RAFI SAHAB.

I LOVE THEE RAFI SAHAB

Saanson Ki Maala Pay, Simron Main Pi Ka Naam......Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Sahab
+Quote Post
RafiKiAwaaz
post Jun 3 2005, 01:26 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 1855

I think I will make this my last reply on this clone issue. Sonu and others should stick to their own songs. They have hard time pleasing with their own style let alone singing Rafi Ji's. Sonu Nigam is NOT a great singer but a mediocre one. I have listened to him and he is one BORING singer. Please, use your head not your emotions and hear the quality of voice. Udit is good.
Viraj
+Quote Post
princeali
post Jun 3 2005, 01:58 AM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Sonu can atleast sing melodic content as opposed to Udit or Sanu etc. who I prefer not to comment on tongue.gif . His recent 'Kal Ho Na Ho' was a pretty good job, it did fetch him an award did it not.

Since this is about clones of Rafi saab, and not other singers singing skills, I'll leave the discussion at that smile1.gif.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
SAJJAD
post Jun 3 2005, 03:41 AM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

Sonu sounds great/better with "EXTRA" echo...but his real voice lacks bass! Main difference btw clone(s) vs Rafi saab voice - Maturity/sweetness/clarity/range/dard!

If you get in bed with government, you should expect to walk funny the next day!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post Jun 3 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 762

allow me to add my view guys...i apologise if i have hurt any of your sentiments

rafi sahab had too many qualities in his voice for one singer to be able to copy them all......but several singers have tried bit by bit

for eg,

softness- anwar and vipin used to get the tender gentle expression of rafi sahab fairly well

high pitch intensity- mohd aziz and at times shabbir kumar were good on the high tones, but they had rough voices on lower pitches, and where singing demanded soft expression

sonu nigam, well, i think sonu is the worst rafi clone ever...but then, thats why he is the most successfull among them all. by integrating the siniging styles of several singers (including sanu da), he has come up with his own 'original' style

to an extent this also applies to kumar sanu, who is probably worse at singing kishore kumars songs than abhijeet and babul are......but thats why he is the most successful, and has been able to formulate his own unique style of singing (softness like rafi on the lower pitches, nasal touch like mukesh on the intense high pitch...with a 'dard/senti' effect)...added to the mature quality of kishore da's voice

CONCLUSION: the worse 'clone' you are, the better your chances are of progressing as a singer in this industry, otherwise the label will never leave you

to an extent, if you have a voice different from the singer you copy (sonu's voice is harder than rafi's while sanu da's voice is softer and more nasal than kishore's), and still you manage to pull youself off as a clone, then i guess that also proves your talent at voice modulation , which also helps in progression of career......apart from helping you develop a unique singing style of your own

KS fanclub website
KS fanclub message board- home of more than 600 KS fans
user posted image user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
'king of melody' kumar sanu recieving ARTIST OF THE DECADE award at Atlantic City,USA
+Quote Post
SAJJAD
post Jun 3 2005, 09:38 PM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(past21 @ Dec 25 2003, 03:37 PM)
V can only THINK of Anwar, but he is lagging far behind- thanks to his passion for WineS!
...Pawan

Anwar drinks????? ohmy.gif Are u sure???

If you get in bed with government, you should expect to walk funny the next day!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Jun 4 2005, 05:53 PM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Jun 3 2005, 09:38 PM)
V can only THINK of Anwar, but he is lagging far behind- thanks to his passion for WineS!
...Pawan

Sajjad Bhai

I was avoiding this thread for reasons I do no wish to go into. I bame you for getting me into it. laugh.gif

blab.gif Sajjad bhai what are you doing here discussing clones, humble rafi ji and prince ali bhai te same applies to you.

By the way our fiend is write about Anwar, he has drowned himself in the wrong waters.

Asha Sachdev the small time actress is his real sister. There was a time he was recoding 30 songs in a month. Feel sorry for the bloke. He could not digest the fact that he was the best Rafi clone.

Sajjad Bhai what are you up to. Where are those LP numbers.

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
AzgarKhan
post Jun 5 2005, 06:33 AM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 205

QUOTE(RafiKiAwaaz @ Jun 3 2005, 01:26 AM)
I think I will make this my last reply on this clone issue. Sonu and others should stick to their own songs. They have hard time pleasing with their own style let alone singing Rafi Ji's. Sonu Nigam is NOT a great singer but a mediocre one. I have listened to him and he is one BORING singer. Please, use your head not your emotions and hear the quality of voice. Udit is good.
Viraj

I agree!!

If anyone has the SONU's version of Rafi's number KHILONA JAAN KAR TUM TOH (Movie: Khilona), please listen to it. You would never hear SONU again, and as far as my singing knowledge goes its not a high scale number. Sonu Nigam cant sing his own numbers in high scale, listen to the song in L.O.C, "Pyar bhara geet koi", he failed miserably in the Antra.

The idea of cloning hit the music industry when people wanted Stereo version's of old songs. Most listeners of Cloned music have no idea about music. The target audience are poor listeners who want stereo effects with melody, and the culprit was the CEO of T-Series (Gulshan Kumar).

I could be wrong, but thats what I think about Clone singers.

+Quote Post
iqbal
post Jun 6 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

Azgarji, what do you think of my ‘Khilona’ version ?

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=11246
+Quote Post
princeali
post Jun 6 2005, 11:12 PM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Jun 4 2005, 07:23 AM)
QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Jun 3 2005, 09:38 PM)
...Pawan

blab.gif Sajjad bhai what are you doing here discussing clones, humble rafi ji and prince ali bhai te same applies to you.

LoL suhana bhai, I couldn't help it tongue.gif laugh.gif

We all know that none of his clones or for that matter his non-clones can never reach his standards, as Rafi saab was in a class of his own.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
SAJJAD
post Jun 7 2005, 01:42 AM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Jun 4 2005, 05:53 PM)

Why not? huh.gif

By the way our fiend is write about Anwar, he has drowned himself in the wrong waters.

Asha Sachdev the small time actress is his real sister. There was a time he was recoding 30 songs in a month. Feel sorry for the bloke. He could not digest the fact that he was the best Rafi clone.

ohmy.gif How can she be his sister? She is hindu! she was cute and naram garam tongue.gif
Sajjad Bhai what are you up to. Where are those LP numbers.

Nothing new man....Now, i can't download or upload any songs cry.gif At work, they loaded some security software on our PC to prevent us from uploading/downloading zip files! Also, i can't chat on yahoo or other chat sites....i am pi$$ed abuse.gif  What LPs??? I don't have a single LP! I belong to CD/MP3 generation tongue.gif U have mistaken me for Unni Bhai laugh.gif

+Quote Post
AzgarKhan
post Jun 7 2005, 06:08 PM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 205

QUOTE(iqbal @ Jun 6 2005, 09:17 PM)
Azgarji, what do you think of my ‘Khilona’ version ?

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=11246

Nice one Iqbal Bhai, Here is my version of the same song.

Khilona Jaan Kar Tum Toh - Solo - Azgar Khan

+Quote Post
khan
post Apr 8 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #30

Unregistered

Yes, of course Sonu is behind Rafi Sahib alongwith Anwar. But I would say that Sonu has the talent to sing Rafi Sahib songs... his voice is of course matured and melodious...
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:44 PM