Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shair Aur Sargam

, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists

143 Pages V « < 28 29 30 31 32 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shair Aur Sargam, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists
taiyab53
post Aug 18 2013, 12:31 AM
Post #436

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(Achyntu @ Aug 17 2013, 10:35 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 17 2013, 12:36 PM) *

(Majrooh) Musafir Khana (1955)

Here are the songs from a typical OP album...

Hello Swarapriya ji,
In the song Agar baabu dil pe kaabu, along with the chorus (during the antaras) it seems that Rafi saab is also singing, though it is quite faint. It is definitely the only male voice in the song. It is so much like his voice.

I hope someone can confirm.

Thanks!

according to HFGK have nor given any credit to Rafi sahab for this song, & there is only humming which not clear.
taiyab
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Achyntu
post Aug 18 2013, 12:39 AM
Post #437

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 235655

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Aug 18 2013, 12:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Achyntu @ Aug 17 2013, 10:35 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 17 2013, 12:36 PM) *

(Majrooh) Musafir Khana (1955)

Here are the songs from a typical OP album...

Hello Swarapriya ji,
In the song Agar baabu dil pe kaabu, along with the chorus (during the antaras) it seems that Rafi saab is also singing, though it is quite faint. It is definitely the only male voice in the song. It is so much like his voice.

I hope someone can confirm.

Thanks!

according to HFGK have nor given any credit to Rafi sahab for this song, & there is only humming which not clear.
taiyab

Thank you for the clarification, Taiyab-ji!

Bekasi ka parcham le khada hoon main akela,
Isiliye ke majrooh aur koi nahi jahaan mein.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 18 2013, 12:38 PM
Post #438

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 36307

(Rajinder Krishan) Ghungroo (1952)

I am uploading all but two songs from this album below. It appears that I may be missing two songs shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case I am requesting members to please share these if they can. Thank you.

Here are the songs from this album...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Aug 19 2013, 12:37 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post Aug 18 2013, 10:57 PM
Post #439

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 18 2013, 01:38 PM) *

I am uploading all but two songs from this album below. It appears that I may be missing two songs shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case I am requesting members to please share these if they can. Thank you.

Here is a note on the song "“Dil Kisi Ko Dijiye, Dil Kisi Ka Lijiye”. It is supposed to be a duet; but Rafi’s portion is missing. Also I have my doubts about this song. The voice does not sound to be that of Zohrabai. There is a song by Zubaida Khanum which sounds almost like this. It is from the Pakistani film “Noor-E-Islam”. If anyone can clarify the situation please kindly do so. Thanks.

Dear swarapriya
Thanks again for this rear gem
few points
1) badnaam ho raha hai ---is the same song wafa ke naam se(song starts with wafaa ke naam se)
2)Dil Kisi ko dijiye which you have uploaded is sure not sung by Zohrabai.
this song is probably from Pakistani Movie NOOR E Islam sung by Zubaida khanum.
according to HFGK it is sung by Zohra bai & rafi saheb should be different song. again there are only 9 songs from this film as per HFGK.
3)ab jee ke koi kya kare is from film MAJBOOR 1948 -song starts with Daman Hai--
just coreection
Thanks

This post has been edited by taiyab53: Aug 18 2013, 11:14 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 19 2013, 12:39 PM
Post #440

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Aug 18 2013, 10:27 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 18 2013, 01:38 PM) *

Here is a note on the song "“Dil Kisi Ko Dijiye, Dil Kisi Ka Lijiye”. It is supposed to be a duet; but Rafi’s portion is missing. Also I have my doubts about this song. The voice does not sound to be that of Zohrabai. There is a song by Zubaida Khanum which sounds almost like this. It is from the Pakistani film “Noor-E-Islam”. If anyone can clarify the situation please kindly do so. Thanks.

Dear swarapriya
Thanks again for this rear gem
few points
1) badnaam ho raha hai ---is the same song wafa ke naam se(song starts with wafaa ke naam se)
2)Dil Kisi ko dijiye which you have uploaded is sure not sung by Zohrabai.
this song is probably from Pakistani Movie NOOR E Islam sung by Zubaida khanum.
according to HFGK it is sung by Zohra bai & rafi saheb should be different song. again there are only 9 songs from this film as per HFGK.
3)ab jee ke koi kya kare is from film MAJBOOR 1948 -song starts with Daman Hai--
just coreection
Thanks

Thank you very much Dear Taiyab for going through all of this with a fine tooth comb. I made all the changes per your recommendations. Again, million thanks for all the suggestions.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 19 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #441

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shailendra) Boot Polish (1954)

This movie was produced by Raj Kapoor who had a cameo appearance (sleeping in the train) in the film. The movie centered around two children and their travails. Rattan Kumar, who had one of the major roles as the boy, later migrated to Pakistan. Naaz, the other principal star of the movie, grew up and appeared as an adult in only few movies. One of her notable appearances was as the daughter of Guru Dutt in the classic drama "Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959)". Otherwise she appeared in few listless movies and was quickly forgotten and faded away from the limelight.

“Boot Polish” was both commercial as well as an artistic success. In the very same year1954, K.A. Abbas (a close friend and associate of Raj) wrote, produced, and directed "Munna" about an orphan kid searching for a home. "Munna" won most of the laurels, and deservedly so. But in the process, it stole the thunder from this fine movie.

This was the first movie for which Lata Mangeshkar didn't sing for Shankar & Jaikishan. Lata originally was signed to sing the song "Main Bahaaron Ki Natkhat Raani". But she refused to sing it because its initial lyrics were "Main Bazaaron Ki Natkhat Raani". She found them to be objectionable. Jaipuri Saab changed the lyrics to "Main Bahaaron Ki" to accommodate Lata ji. Even then she refused to sing that song. Shankar & Jaikishan then decided instead to use Asha's voice.

With Lata opting to be out, Asha was at the center stage in this movie singing all of the female songs. This was also the first movie for which Mukesh didn't sing a song for a Raj Kapoor production in which Raj appeared, albeit briefly. Apart from their regular lyricists Shailendra & Hasrat Jaipuri, one of the songs, “Raat Gayi”, was written by Deepak.

As part of trivia, it is worth mentioning that the great veteran actor David Abraham who lip synched for Mannada’s song “Lapak Jhapak” was wearing a uniform numbered 420. The song was picturized in a jail cell. Interestingly, Raj’s “Shree 420” was still a year away from its release. Apparently that movie inspired director Prakash Arora to use the number for David’s uniform in the jail.

Lyricist Shailendra is apparently in the film (his name appeared in the title credits). I saw the film recently but could not locate him in any scene.

The song “Raat Gayi” in the film is actually three songs: “Raat Gayi”, “John Chacha”, and “Tujhe Rukna Nahin”. These three songs happen in succession, continuously without any break in between them. Some albums list these three as one song. Others separate it into two songs; one “Raat Gayi” and the other two combined as “John Chacha”. Yet others separate them into three individual songs. I am uploading here this song as three separate songs and one full song comprising all three.

I am uploading the songs from an original soundtrack in two back-to-back posts. In the first post I am including a couple of instrumentals by Master Ebrahim.

Now for the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 19 2013, 01:05 PM
Post #442

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Boot Polish (1954)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 20 2013, 12:38 PM
Post #443

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shakeel) Sheesha (1952)

Songs from this album were uploaded few months back in this very thread. However, they are no longer active. Unless someone would like me to upload these songs again, I will skip them this time around as they were made available only recently.

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 21 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #444

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Anand Bakshi) Reporter Raju (1962)

The movie was inspired by Alfred Hitchcock’s classic thriller “The 39 Steps” made in 1935. Except for one song, “Raat Jhoomti” which was shot in color, the movie was in black & white. There are only five songs in the film but they all are good. Rafi Saab even yodels in the song “Ghussa Fuzool Hai”. It is a mighty fine job indeed. Here is this and other songs and some music clips from this film…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 22 2013, 12:38 PM
Post #445

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hasrat Jaipuri) Khoj (1953)

Nisar Bazmi (his picture attached below) composed for nearly 40 Hindi films before migrating to Pakistan. He had only 26 of them released and was still busy working on 14 different films before his departure. Later on all of these were released after he migrated to Pakistan in June 1962.

Laxmikant & Pyarelal, the famous composer duo, were his assistants for some of those films he provided music for while he was in India. Bazmi Saab also was instrumental in introducing Anand Bakshi Saab in the film “Bhola Admi (1958)”. Incidentally, Bazmi also takes credit for introducing Alamgir, considered by many as a pioneer of pop music in Pakistan.

Two of the songs from this film, “Chanda Ka Dil” and “Yeh Hawa” were a rage when the film was released. Shammi Kapoor who was the hero of the film made his debut earlier this same year in “Thokar”. “Khoj” was a flop and completely forgotten. But even today these two songs are still remembered fondly.

Rafi Saab’s song had the distinction of the first of Bazmi’s compositions that was played on the radio for a long time after the movie’s release.

Unfortunately, I have only these two songs from this film that I am uploading here. Some of the missing songs are listed in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these songs with rest of us if they can. Thank you.

Here are the two songs I have…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
kasani840
post Aug 22 2013, 09:47 PM
Post #446

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1675

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 4 2013, 12:43 PM) *

(Majrooh) Dhobi Doctor (1954)

Swarapriya, I missed ur upload of Dhobi Doctor. Can u plz upload these songs again? Thanx in advance
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post Aug 23 2013, 12:16 AM
Post #447

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 22 2013, 01:38 PM) *

(Hasrat Jaipuri) Khoj (1953)

Nisar Bazmi (his picture attached below) composed for nearly 40 Hindi films before migrating to Pakistan. He had only 26 of them released and was still busy working on 14 different films before his departure. Later on all of these were released after he migrated to Pakistan in June 1962.

Laxmikant & Pyarelal, the famous composer duo, were his assistants for some of those films he provided music for while he was in India. Bazmi Saab also was instrumental in introducing Anand Bakshi Saab in the film “Bhola Admi (1958)”. Incidentally, Bazmi also takes credit for introducing Alamgir, considered by many as a pioneer of pop music in Pakistan.

Two of the songs from this film, “Chanda Ka Dil” and “Yeh Hawa” were a rage when the film was released. Shammi Kapoor who was the hero of the film made his debut earlier this same year in “Thokar”. “Khoj” was a flop and completely forgotten. But even today these two songs are still remembered fondly.

Rafi Saab’s song had the distinction of the first of Bazmi’s compositions that was played on the radio for a long time after the movie’s release.

Unfortunately, I have only these two songs from this film that I am uploading here. Some of the missing songs are listed in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these songs with rest of us if they can. Thank you.

Here are the two songs I have…

here are two songs my collection rest are requested. note sound quality poor
taiyab
1)53-khoj-nayi tumne duniya dikha di sanam-ashima bennerji-nisar bazmi-anjum jaipuri-2.56 mins-192 br
2)53-khoj-ye aayain ghar-mere aayi miss chham-solochna kadam & afzal hussain-raja mehendi ali khan-3.05 mins-192 br
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 23 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #448

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Aug 22 2013, 11:46 AM) *

here are two songs my collection rest are requested. note sound quality poor
taiyab
1)53-khoj-nayi tumne duniya dikha di sanam-ashima bennerji-nisar bazmi-anjum jaipuri-2.56 mins-192 br
2)53-khoj-ye aayain ghar-mere aayi miss chham-solochna kadam & afzal hussain-raja mehendi ali khan-3.05 mins-192 br

Thank you very much Taiyab for the songs. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 23 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #449

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Javed Akhtar) Saagar (1985)

This was one of the most eagerly awaited films in 1985. Dimple Kapadia, who made her sensational debut in Raj Kapoor’s “Bobby (1973)” got married to Rajesh Khanna and retired from the films. Several years of their marriage bliss ended in separation. Dimple then decided to come back to acting in the movies. When Ramesh Sippy offered her the role in “Saagar”, again with Rishi Kapoor who was her costar in “Bobby”, she readily agreed. The movie boasted beautiful songs, lush photography, and stunning pictures of Dimple. But the movie was all Ramesh Sippy. In his brilliant direction the romance is shown through the sea waves endlessly kissing the shore thus symbolizing the restlessness of the lovers.

The film starred two male leads in Rishi Kapoor and Kamal Haasan. Haasan was nominated for Filmfare Award in two categories; as the Best Actor and as the Best Supporting Actor. He walked away with the Best Actor Award. This happened once before in 1970. Ashok Kumar was nominated in the same two categories for his performance in “Aashirwad”. He also bagged the Best Actor Award.

Dimple also won the Best Actress Filmfare Award. For the brilliant photography, S.M. Anwar won the Best Cinematography Filmfare Award. Finally, Kishoreda won the Best Playback Male Singer Filmfare Award for the song “Saagar Kinaare” rounding out the awards.

I am uploading songs from this film in three back-to-back posts. These contain songs from the film and some instrumentals of the popular songs from the film. Here is the first set…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 23 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #450

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "Saagar (1985)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album and a couple of instrumentals...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

143 Pages V « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:24 AM