Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shair Aur Sargam

, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists

143 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shair Aur Sargam, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists
swarapriya
post Mar 22 2013, 03:39 AM
Post #256

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Mar 21 2013, 11:00 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 20 2013, 01:32 PM) *

(Anand Bakshi) Tin Tin Tin (1959)

I am not sure of how many songs are there in this film. The table below lists four of them. I have only one of them from these that I will upload below. The other missing songs are shown in red italics in the table. If you have these or any other missing songs from this film, please kindly share. Thank, you.

Now for the only song I have...

here is one from my collection
taiyab
1959-tin tin tin-baaghon main phoolon ki bahar-sabita bennerji-bulo c rani-anand bakshi-3.37 mins-192 br

Thanks for the song Taiyab. Cheers. -S
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 22 2013, 03:40 AM
Post #257

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Mar 21 2013, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 21 2013, 01:39 PM) *

(Hasrat Jaipuri) Nishan Danka (1952)

I am uploading three songs from this album below. There seem to be at least four songs I am missing from this album. These are listed in red italics in the table below. If you happen to have these or any other missing songs from this album, please kindly share them with rest of us. Thanks.

Here are the three songs I have...

two songs from the requested
taiyab
1)1952-nishaan danka-milna hai tumhain to mil jaao -asha-basant prakash-hasrat jaipuri-128 br-3.01 mins
2)1952-nishan danka-o tore bina zindagi -asha-basant prakash-hasrat jaipuri-192 br-3.17 mins

Thank you very much Taiyab for both the songs. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 22 2013, 12:39 PM
Post #258

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Javed Akhtar) Trishul (1978)

Salim & Javed have recycled this story many times where an abandoned child is raised by his mother to grow up to get even with his estranged father. Yash Chopra himself directed several movies based on the same story. Besides the familiar theme, most of these movies also had almost the same stars. This movie was a huge hit. Yet this was one of the inferior works of everyone involved.

The team of Khayyam & Sahir was back once again for this movie. Even though results were not as spectacular as before when they pooled their talents together for "Kabhi Kabhie (1976)", the songs and music of this film are actually not that bad. One of our great and talented singers Yesudasji joins Kishoreda and Lataji in various songs in this film. He has three songs.

Interestingly, Waheeda who played wife of Amitabh in their previous outing in "Kabhi Kabhie" only two years earlier stars here as Amitabh's mother who eventually incites and inspires her son to avenge the wrong doing done by his father.

I am uploading songs from this film from an original soundtrack album below...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Sangeet
post Mar 23 2013, 07:37 AM
Post #259

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6366

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 22 2013, 03:39 AM) *

I am not sure of how many songs are there in this film.

This is what Geetkosh lists

Attached Image

Sangeet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obscure Albums of 60s/70s/80s/90s
Random Obscure Tracks from 70s-90s
Kavita K - Down The Years
Need Info
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 23 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #260

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sangeet @ Mar 22 2013, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 22 2013, 03:39 AM) *

I am not sure of how many songs are there in this film.

This is what Geetkosh lists

Attached Image

Thanks for the information Sangeetji. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 23 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #261

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Majrooh) Daaera (1953)

The story of “Daaera” revolves around a very young woman (played by Meena Kumari who was barely 19 at that time) tending to an ailing husband (played by Kumar) who is old enough to be her grandfather. Kamaal Amrohi (see his attached picture below), of “Mahal (1949)” and “Pakeezah (1972)” fame, who directed the movie, was married to Meenaji during this time. He was already married but Meenaji fell in love him during one of her shootings and married him in 1952. He was at least14 years senior to her.

The movie from the outset is very gloomy. Meenaji’s character never leaves the place she is in. Either she is taking care of her husband in one room or she is sleeping in the attached terrace and gazing the sky’s enormous vacuum. There are only few characters in the film that come and go. There is a doctor who pays an occasional visit to the patient. Next to the terrace there is another woman (Roopkala) who is hiding away from her own sad story. Then there is the landlady (Pratima Devi) who rented the house to the “odd” couple. She has a son (Nasir Khan) who along with rest in the family mistakenly thinks that Meena is the daughter of the old man and falls in love with her.

Amidst this story of darkness filled with gloom and eventual doom, one thing that stands out as a bright spot is its music. The songs composed by Jamal Sen are simply outstanding. More on Jamal Senji below. Beautiful lyrics for these songs were written by Kaif Bhopali and Majrooh Sultanpuri. The standout singer of the album is Mubarak Begum. She has three beautiful solos and a duet with Rafi Saab. Begum Saab is simply superb in these songs. I wonder why she never got her proper due. There are also three beautiful songs by Talatji in his own inimitable style that deeply touches heart.

A word about Jamal Senji. Jamal Sen was a descendant of Tansen and a rich lineage of proficient musicians preceding him in his family. He himself was a singer, dancer, poet, and was a master of many musical instruments including dholak, pakhawaj, and tabla. He worked many years under Master Ghulam Haider until the latter migrated to Pakistan after the partition. He finally got a break in Kidar Sharma’s “Shokhiyan” in 1951 as a full-fledged music director. The music of the film was a roaring success. It was followed by “Daaera”. The movie flopped but its music stood out. Uncompromising and proud of his lineage, Sen never was co-operative. This slowly alienated him among the film folks. He slowly drifted away from memories. In the end he died in sheer poverty, isolated, unsung, unwanted, and uncared for.

More about the songs from this film. The song “Aa Bhi Jaa” appears many times in the movie as the first two stanzas are repeated several times. Also the lovely duet “Devta Tum Ho” appears four times, each time with different lines. I took most of the songs from a DVD whose soundtrack was simply awful and the audio quality was uneven. I tried to clean the songs the best I could and the final result is not as bad as it sounds. For example, the song “Aa Bhi Jaa” starts with a lot of noise, about 30 seconds of music. Then when the vocals come the sound becomes crispier. I have a CD version of this (about a minute shorter) available. I will be happy to upload this if anyone is interested. Another note. The song “Aansoo Toh Nahin” in the DVD is 4 min 27 secs long. This is exactly identical to the CD version I am uploading here but that is nearly shorter by 70 seconds. Repeated listening of both versions didn’t offer any clue where the differences lie. If anyone is interested in the DVD version, I will be happy to upload this as well.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 23 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #262

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Daaera (1953)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 24 2013, 12:48 PM
Post #263

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rajinder Krishan) Samadhi (1950)

Here are the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 25 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #264

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shailendra) Shrimatiji (1952)

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 25 2013, 09:26 PM
Post #265

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Shrimatiji (1952)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album except one. The missing song is shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share this song if they have it. Thanks.

Here are the songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 26 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #266

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shakeel) Jan Pahchan (1950)

Most of the following write up appeared in one of my earlier postings...

Here is another Nargis-Raj starrer that had similar theme like Raj's maiden directorial venture "Aag (1948)". He repeated the same theme again with "Satyam Sivam Sundaram" made in 1978. Ramanand Sagar who made his debut with Raj's "Barsaat" in 1949 for which he wrote its story, screenplay, and dialogues is at the helm here writing the screenplay and dialogues for “Jan Pahchan”. But the real story here is neither about Nargis & Raj nor Sagar. It is about the music of this movie.

Khemchand Prakash (his picture attached), who made his debut when he was 21 as a music director in 1939 with "Ghazi Salahuddin" was just coming back from his greatest triumph "Mahal", made in 1949. The movie catapulted Lata Mangeshkar to fame and fortune. Unfortunately Prakashji passed away while composing music for "Jan Pahchan". He was barely 42. In his brief stint of 11 plus years of professional career he composed music for 34 films. Manna Dey took over after Prakashji's death to complete the music directorial duties of "Jan Pahchan".

Besides turning around Lataji's career, Prakashji was also responsible for giving Kishoreda his initial break in the movie "Ziddi" made in 1948 with the solo song "Marne Ki Duaayen".

Every song in this album is an absolute beauty. Here Geetaji is at her best singing five soul stirring solos and a beautiful romantic melody with Talat Saab. I haven't heard many of Dasgupta's songs, but both of his solos are also fine listening. I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts.

Here are the songs in the first post…

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Mar 27 2013, 12:20 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 26 2013, 12:39 PM
Post #267

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Jan Pahchan (1950)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 27 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #268

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Anand Bakshi) Air Mail (1960)

I have only three songs from this album. I am missing at least three songs that are shown in red italics in the table below. If you have these or other songs from this album, please kindly share. Thank you.

Now for the three songs I have...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 28 2013, 12:41 PM
Post #269

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hasrat Jaipuri) Parbat (1952)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...4658&st=219

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 29 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #270

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Javed Akhtar) Kaala Patthar (1979)

This movie came from Yash Chopra's house. Its story was written by Salim & Javed team. It was loosely based on Joseph Conrad's serial "Lord Jim" that was published starting in 1899 in Britain's Blackwood Magazine. Later it was published as a book with the same title. In 1965, Richard Brooks made it into a movie with the same name where Peter O'Toole played the title role of a tormented soul who was trying to come to terms with his past for the serious error of neglect he committed earlier in his life that resulted in the loss of several lives.

Interestingly, the great Salil Chowdhury provided the background music for the film. The songs were composed by Rajesh Roshan. It is interesting to know how this came about as the practice of splitting music duties like in this film was not as prevalent in 70's and 80's as it is today.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

143 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:42 PM