Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Nostalgia......yesteryear Actresses

65 Pages V « < 60 61 62 63 64 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nostalgia......yesteryear Actresses
nasir
post Oct 12 2008, 03:42 AM
Post #916

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5763

QUOTE(jassi @ Oct 11 2008, 04:45 PM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image
She started her career with Basu Chatterji's Classic Rajnigandha.Film got success and Vidya came into limelight.After family drama her next film was bold Hawas,where she was not leading lady.She came in another classic Chotti si Baat.Even after commercial success she too did not get much attention.She was not having sex appeal like other actress of that era.There was only Rakhee and Jaya Bacchan who were getting recognition in such roles or to an extent to Maushmi Chatterji..She got to work with brillient filmmakers like Basu Chatterji,B.R.Chopra and Gulzar.She got nice reviews for Karm,Pati Patni Aur Woh,Mukti,Inkaar,Meera,Tumhare Liye etc.But she was not in top league actresses.So she got married and started doing supporting roles in films like Love Story and Kirayedaar.But soon she left films.She had a girl child.Just few years back her husband passed away.Now she is back to acting.Currently she is doing TV seriels like Kavyyanjali and a seriel of DD 1.

May be you dont know-Among top actress of 70s like Hema,Zeenat,Parveen,Moushumi etc she too advertised for Lux Soap.

IPB Image
IPB Image
Her Performances-Rajnigandha(Amol P),Hawas(Nitu S,Anil Dhawan),Chhoti Si Baat(Amol P),Inkaar(Vinod K),Pati Patni Aur Woh(Sanejeev K,Ranjeeta),Mukti(Shashi K,Sanjeev K),Meera(Hema M,Vinod K),Tumhare liye(Sanjeev K),Swayamvar(Shashi,Sanjeev K,Moushumi C)Love Story(Rajendra K,Kumar G,Vijeta P,Danny)etc.

In case you guys wanna meet Vidya she is often seen in Barrista Cafe at Versova.

NASIR
Teri Khushi me.n Khush Tera banda khidmatgaar hai,
Banda hoo.n mai.n Tera Tuu mera Parwardigaar hai
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 17 2008, 03:29 PM
Post #917

Group Icon

Member No.: 7657

Attached Image
Born in 1960,She made her debut as child artist and worked in some classic films like Humraz,Aashirwad and Satyakaan as child artist.According to her she had very bad childhood.At her teenage she got films again.She got to work with Gulzar in Khushboo,it was small role.Soon she got Rajshri Films's Geet Gata Chal.It got commercial success.Surprisingly even after its success there was no film release of her for two years.After two years she did Basu Bhattacharya's Madhumalti and Griha Parvesh.She even did some other flicks like Jaani Dushman,Devta etc.But critical acclaim came with Griha Parvesh.Later she changed her image and started doing bold roles.In some multistarrer she played second or third leads like Kranti,Rajtilak,Yeh Vaada Raha,Nastik,Vidhata,Jyoti Bane Jawala etc.Soon she got married to Kamal Hassan and retired from films.But few years back this marriage breaks and Sarika is back to acting again.This time she got some more intresting roles in films like Kal,Parzania,American Daylight,Sacred Evil etc.She was last seen in Manorama and recently released Hari Puttar.One will got to see more of her films in coming future including a film called shoebite with Amitabh Bachan,Zimmy Shergill & Dia Mirza.Her daughter Shruti Hasan is also making debut oppocite Aamir Khan's nephew Imran Khan.

May be you dont know- She got National Award for Best Costume Designer for Hey Ram.She also got Best Actress National Award for Parzania,but many felt she was not deserving it,as it was Rani Mukherji who was more deserving than her.Rajkumar Kohli approached her for Nagin,when many big actresses refused the role,she was almost signed,but later kohli felt that she was too young for Nagin's part.She was offered Hum Tum,but she could not do,same role went to Rati Agnihotri.

Attached Image
Her Performances- Geeta Gata Chal,Madhumalti(Sachin),Grihaparvesh(Sanjeev K,Sharmila T),Rajtilak(Sunil D,Rajkumar,Dharmendra,Hema,Reena,Kamal H),Nastik(Amitabh,Hema),Vidhata(Daleep K,Shammi,Sanjeev K,Sanjay D,Padmini),Jyoti Bane Jwala(Jeetendra,Moushumi,Vinod M),Parzania(Naseerudinshah)etc,Bheja Fry(Rajat Kapoor).

This post has been edited by jassi: Oct 17 2008, 03:42 PM
+Quote Post
nasir
post Oct 18 2008, 01:26 AM
Post #918

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I started losing interest in the Bollywood newcomers sometimes in the Seventies. I'm sure that must have been the case of many from my generation. But I could not ignore Saarika. She cured my headache - that is after I saw her in GEET GAATA CHAL.

I had gone to see SANYASI at the Apsara Cinema, Mumbai in the second show of 6 to 9. But I was so disgusted with the movie that I got an headache. Then I thought I must see GEET GAATA CHAL (9 to 12) which was also being shown in a nearby theatre (probably Swastik). And believe it or not, seeing Saarika there made my day and I came back home a happier person.

In my opinon, Saarika could have made it big in Bollywood because she was more of an actor than a star.

NASIR
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 18 2008, 12:38 PM
Post #919

Group Icon

sanyasi gave u headache..why it was well made film..
sarika was good as child artist,i never liked her much as an adut actress,dunno what she was upto..she was having good body,may be she was willing to be next zeenat aman...but she could never become zeenat nor helen..she did many stupid b grade films as leading lady and did third/fourth leads in big films..i liked her in film like qatl alot

people say she is improved as an actress now,but i found her total plastic in bheja fry and harri puttar,she did well in parzania,but she did not deserve national award at all..(in fact how one will feel if after some 20-25 years riya sen got national award)..to me she was riya sen of 70s..
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 18 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #920

Group Icon

its quite bad that gulzar's devdas shelved..
it was having dharmendra,sharmila tagore and hema malini..

i heard ramanand sagar was about to make a film on mahabharat with huge cast of dharmendra,shashi kapoor,rajesh khanna,hema malini,yogita bali etc
+Quote Post
nasir
post Oct 19 2008, 12:54 AM
Post #921

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(jassi @ Oct 18 2008, 12:38 PM) *

sanyasi gave u headache..why it was well made film..
sarika was good as child artist,i never liked her much as an adut actress,dunno what she was upto..she was having good body,may be she was willing to be next zeenat aman...but she could never become zeenat nor helen..she did many stupid b grade films as leading lady and did third/fourth leads in big films..i liked her in film like qatl alot

people say she is improved as an actress now,but i found her total plastic in bheja fry and harri puttar,she did well in parzania,but she did not deserve national award at all..(in fact how one will feel if after some 20-25 years riya sen got national award)..to me she was riya sen of 70s..

Remember Jassi I was talking of Sarika's debut. GEET GAATA CHAL I found better than SANYASI. And I'm not talking about music. Now as you say that Sarika did lot of rubbish films - can't argue with that. BHEJA FRY was certainly NOT meant for her. Overall, she certainly had the potential. I also get the feeling that her Vidhata role which could have been developed into a powerful one got slashed.

This post has been edited by nasir: Oct 19 2008, 12:54 AM

NASIR
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 19 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #922

Group Icon

its kinda good that ghai did not give her much importance in film,coz it could have ruined the film..it was mainly padmini and shammi's presence which provide relief..
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 19 2008, 12:12 PM
Post #923

Group Icon

yeah sarika was good in small part of khushboo..
i liked her act as child artist in humraaz and satyakaam..
she did good job in geet gaata chal(in parts),greha-pravesh(in the presence of two grt actors sanjeev and sharmila,she managed to make niche for herself)..in fact she was mind blowing in negative role qatl...
but in these films she worked with good filmmakers

she was highly ott or may be her characters were meant to be like that in films like raj tilak,badle ki aag,jyoti bane jwala,daulat etc..
+Quote Post
jassi
post Nov 1 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #924

Group Icon

IPB Image
IPB Image

Bindiya Goswami made her debut in mid of 70s,In her earlier career she faced flops,she hit the headlines when she claimed that actor vijay arora harrassed her,(recently after vijay's death,his wife said in an interview that bindiya did it for publicity).She got to do major films jai vijay with major stars like jeetendra and reena roy and mukti with sanjeev kumar.Later She got to work with Filmmakers like Hrishikesh Mukherji,Ramesh Sippy,Rajkumar Kohli etc.Later Khatta Meetha,Muqabala,Khaandaan,Dada,Jaani Dushman and Golmaal all got success.1979 was her best year,as Golmaal,Jaani Dushman,Khandaan,Muqabla and Dada were hits.In 1980 she got success with multistarrers like shaan and takkar,Shaan was not a major hit,but apart from Golmaal and Jaani Dushman,its bindiya's another most popular film.But she was not in top league.In between she married Vinod Mehra,who was already married,but her marriage with Vinod could not survive.She also got performance oriented role in Hamari Bahu Alka.by the same time got success with films like sannata,khudar and hotel etc.But infront of 80s new faces and 70s top actresses she could not get more great performances.She got married Filmmaker J.P.Dutta and left acting.But she became a costume designer of Dutta's films.

IPB Image
IPB Image
May be you dont know-Her face was having resemblence to Hema Malini,so she got many movies because of this reason.It was Hema's mother who recommended her to film producers.Hema Malini was first choice for Shaan,but she got signed when Hema refused that film.Rekha was first choice for Golmaal,but Hrishikesh Mukherji felt an established actress like rekha deserve better role,so he signed Bindiya for Golmaal and made Khoobsurat with Rekha.

Her Performances-Khatta Meetha,Hamari Bahu Alka(Rakesh Roshan),Dada(Vinod Mehra),Khaandaan(Jeetendra,Sulakshana Pandit),Chala Murari Hero Banane(Asrani)Mukti(Shashi K,Sanjeev K,Vidya S),Golmaal(Amol P,Utpal D) Shaan(Sunil D,Shashi K,Amitabh B,Rakhee,Shatrughan S,Parveen sunglasses2.gif,College Girl(Sachin),Khudar(Amitabh B,Parveen B,Vinod M)etc.

+Quote Post
nasir
post Nov 1 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #925

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(jassi @ Nov 1 2008, 04:21 PM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image

Bindiya Goswami made her debut in mid of 70s,In her earlier career she faced flops,she hit the headlines when she claimed that actor vijay arora harrassed her,(recently after vijay's death,his wife said in an interview that bindiya did it for publicity).She got to do major films jai vijay with major stars like jeetendra and reena roy and mukti with sanjeev kumar.Later She got to work with Filmmakers like Hrishikesh Mukherji,Ramesh Sippy,Rajkumar Kohli etc.Later Khatta Meetha,Muqabala,Khaandaan,Dada,Jaani Dushman and Golmaal all got success.1979 was her best year,as Golmaal,Jaani Dushman,Khandaan,Muqabla and Dada were hits.In 1980 she got success with multistarrers like shaan and takkar,Shaan was not a major hit,but apart from Golmaal and Jaani Dushman,its bindiya's another most popular film.But she was not in top league.In between she married Vinod Mehra,who was already married,but her marriage with Vinod could not survive.She also got performance oriented role in Hamari Bahu Alka.by the same time got success with films like sannata,khudar and hotel etc.But infront of 80s new faces and 70s top actresses she could not get more great performances.She got married Filmmaker J.P.Dutta and left acting.But she became a costume designer of Dutta's films.

IPB Image
IPB Image
May be you dont know-Her face was having resemblence to Hema Malini,so she got many movies because of this reason.It was Hema's mother who recommended her to film producers.Hema Malini was first choice for Shaan,but she got signed when Hema refused that film.Rekha was first choice for Golmaal,but Hrishikesh Mukherji felt an established actress like rekha deserve better role,so he signed Bindiya for Golmaal and made Khoobsurat with Rekha.

Her Performances-Khatta Meetha,Hamari Bahu Alka(Rakesh Roshan),Dada(Vinod Mehra),Khaandaan(Jeetendra,Sulakshana Pandit),Chala Murari Hero Banane(Asrani)Mukti(Shashi K,Sanjeev K,Vidya S),Golmaal(Amol P,Utpal D) Shaan(Sunil D,Shashi K,Amitabh B,Rakhee,Shatrughan S,Parveen sunglasses2.gif,College Girl(Sachin),Khudar(Amitabh B,Parveen B,Vinod M)etc.

And, not to forget DIAL 100. I enjoyed Bindiya's role and the movie entirely, especially the first half. smile.gif

NASIR
+Quote Post
jassi
post Nov 2 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #926

Group Icon

i m having no idea about this film,if it was mithun film
+Quote Post
nasir
post Nov 3 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #927

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(jassi @ Nov 2 2008, 11:35 AM) *

i m having no idea about this film,if it was mithun film

This movie can't be forgotten. Such is the comedy, mostly situational and dealing with one subject: How to dispose of the corpse. Vinod Mehra acts opposite Bindiya. Bindiya thinks she has killed a person in her flat. The corpse is dropped into someone else's flat. Each character thinks he or she has killed that person and go on passing the body. The best part I liked was of Danny and his chela. The chela is fed up that the guru is not teachng him enough skill of a musician or singer. At this, Danny begins the Mrutyu Raga. While he is singing, the corpse (yes the same one) is brought to their flat. The chela is astounded and frightened thinking that the dead bodies have started coming from the Shamsaan. Very hilarious, this one.

The cast includes Manorma, Ashok Kumar, Shashikala, Jagdeep, Ranjeet, and Sujit Kumar the corpse. smile.gif

NASIR
+Quote Post
jassi
post Nov 4 2008, 12:33 PM
Post #928

Group Icon

i m confused abt it and film called dada
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Nov 4 2008, 01:21 PM
Post #929

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20340

QUOTE(nasir @ Nov 3 2008, 07:31 PM) *

How to dispose of the corpse. Vinod Mehra acts opposite Bindiya. Bindiya thinks she has killed a person in her flat. The corpse is dropped into someone else's flat. Each character thinks he or she has killed that person and go on passing the body.

I watched this film long back..but forgot the name of the film. I remembered it recently, as suddenly realized that it is taken after " the trouble with harry" of Hitchcock.. smile.gif
A very enjoyable film indeed.. smile.gif
Resemblance to big stars did make a few starlets at that time..especially who resembled Hema Malini..I remember one picture..Barood..starring Rishi kapoor and Shoma Anand...Her only asset is her resemblance.. !
Here is She..

IPB Image

This post has been edited by simplefable: Nov 4 2008, 01:24 PM

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
nasir
post Nov 5 2008, 12:46 AM
Post #930

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplefable @ Nov 4 2008, 01:21 PM) *

QUOTE(nasir @ Nov 3 2008, 07:31 PM) *

How to dispose of the corpse. Vinod Mehra acts opposite Bindiya. Bindiya thinks she has killed a person in her flat. The corpse is dropped into someone else's flat. Each character thinks he or she has killed that person and go on passing the body.

I watched this film long back..but forgot the name of the film. I remembered it recently, as suddenly realized that it is taken after " the trouble with harry" of Hitchcock.. smile.gif
A very enjoyable film indeed.. smile.gif
Resemblance to big stars did make a few starlets at that time..especially who resembled Hema Malini..I remember one picture..Barood..starring Rishi kapoor and Shoma Anand...Her only asset is her resemblance.. !
Here is She..

IPB Image

Shoma Anand? Yes I know her. I used to teach Karate just below her building (name suppressed) at 7 Bungalows, Mumbai. Barood was released at the Maratha Mandir Cinema but did not do well.

I enjoyed her role opposite Paresh Rawal in HUNGAMA.

By the way who is the one with the name something like........ Malini... She has a shrilll voice. She used to vampish roles.

NASIR
+Quote Post

65 Pages V « < 60 61 62 63 64 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:08 PM