Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Does God Exist ?

, Yes, Says the Prince of Mathematicians !!!

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does God Exist ?, Yes, Says the Prince of Mathematicians !!!
NATURE
post Jan 30 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2238

Got this Article recently, would like to share with you all. If u have anything in your
Mind about all these, please come forward. I could be a good listener !!!
-------------------------------------
�€ more fundamental than e

Gauss's proof of God's existence was e^(i*�€) + 1 = 0. Since the five most important numbers are bound by
such beautiful identity, argued Gauss, therefore God must exists. π is arguably the most important constant
of geometry and e of complex algebra. Therefore to Gauss, a true mathematician, such an equation provided
infallible proof of the Almighty's existence (Douglas Adams has since then offered alternate explanations
though). So far so good, but problems start to pour in if we start thinking from a physics point of view.

The number e has no significance if we look from a physics point of view. How on earth can I dare to speak
such absurdities? After all, does e not occur in every single rate law and in every single perturbation
(oscillation) equation? Well, it does, but only as long as you choose to be the ostrich with its head buried
neck deep in sand. Each of those phenomena which involve e as their essential constant are described by
linear equations and linearity is at best a myth. The only reason why we have such abundance of linear
equations and consequently of e in physics is that the researchers of the past century preferred to be
ostriches.

All natural phenomena are hopelessly nonlinear. Reasons for this omnipresent nonlinearity are many. The
world that we live in is three dimensional. This makes it possible for objects to trace such paths the
description of which will necessarily bring in nonlinearities (anything which does not move on a straight line
in some coordinate system moves on a curve whose locus is described by a nonlinear equation).
Kinematically speaking a one-dimensional world would then be linear. The second reason for nonlinear
nature of nature is the fact that most fundamental interactions follow the inverse square law. This means
that the fundamental forces of nature vary nonlinearly with space. Since all inter-particle interaction can
ultimately be shown to be a manifestation of one of these forces (gravitational/electromagnetic/nuclear)
therefore these interactions have to be nonlinear in nature.

As contrast to e, π is free from all such aberrations because its roots are in pure geometry, something much
more profound and robust than equations of physics. A physicist may propose a new law of gravity and we
might have to bow to his superior insight or such a thing might never happen. The point is that we can't
prove conclusively that what Newton said was (or is) the absolute truth. Compared to this, a proof of the
fact that the perimeter of all circles is bound to their radii by π can be found in any elementary textbook of
plain geometry. This proof was, is, and will remain. An aberration to it is not possible under any
circumstance. In a space of any dimension there will always be a generalization of a sphere and hence the
importance of π in describing isotropic phenomena will remain unquestioned. Ironically, a one dimensional
space has no circle and hence no π and it is only space in which e has any physical relevance !!!
-------------------- Editing on 2nd Feb, 2006 -----------------------
Cool down. Cool down Mandrake. Dekho Divyanju kya bol rahi hai doh.gif ...
Paagal huye hum, aur khush huye Divya ohmy.gif
Ye jo padh rahe ho naa ( Article ), ye kisi Bata Briksh kaa kaam nahi valke ek chhote Pawdhe kaa Chintan hai ...

This post has been edited by NATURE: Feb 2 2006, 11:55 AM

Jo Milte hain, voh nahi milte
Aur Jo Nahi Milte, Vohin Vaastav mein milte hai
Kaaran jo hai, voh nahi hai
Aur jo nahi hai, vohin hai.
Ye keval Shabdo ki heraa-pheri nahi hai
Aur heraa-pheri hain bhi
Yehin Darshan hai
Aur isi hone naa hone, milne naa milne ke beech mein
maayaa kaa samudra hai
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Jan 30 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2066

God!! Whatever is this article about? confused.gif

Just a couple of thoughts: whatever happened to the (Never)humble 'i'? No discussion on its merits/demerits?
n and e are variables or constants depending on which discipline they are used in.
n can be used as generally as ' 'n' number of things' or as specifically as the impossible-to-miss Actual Neutral Axis in any structural component in flexure.
e can be used as eccentricity which is variable, or the Young's Modulus of Elasticity in it's capital state (where steel has a value of 2.1 x 10^6 kg/sq.cm.).

Also, the area of a circle based on its diameter and 'pi' is only valid as long as the circle is drawn on a flat surface. Draw that circle on a sphere and all such certainties go for a toss wink2.gif

What say you - Nature?

Self - belief is the most potent force.
+Quote Post
divz
post Feb 1 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2049

Hey Ishwar... ye kya hia............ headbang.gif

dono pagal ho gayehain... rollf.gif

" Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game "
+Quote Post
shivani
post Feb 7 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2848

Just a couple of thoughts: whatever happened to the (Never)humble 'i'? No discussion on its merits/demerits?

you also have a problem with that?
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Feb 7 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Shivani, ek main hoon jo aapse narm andaaz mein pesh aa raha hoon - coz I want to make friends with intelligent people... aur ek aap hain, jo meri har baat mein khot nikaal rahi ho...

cry.gif

+Quote Post
shivani
post Feb 7 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Shivani, ek main hoon jo aapse narm andaaz mein pesh aa raha hoon - coz I want to make friends with intelligent people... aur ek aap hain, jo meri har baat mein khot nikaal rahi ho...

sigh!

1. I am not intelligent.. just pasable.
2. Maine koi khot nahi nikala sad1.gif on the contrary I have been complimenting you.
3. My comment meant was a Q asking you too feel as if God is the biggest egoist (or projected so ). Should he be the humblest one around

(and I understand that by making me explain you were just teasing me.. )
sigh!
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Feb 7 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanx Shivani for seeing through the mist wink2.gif

God confuses me no end... a fellow that's never been seen... a fellow who threatens to get angry if we don't go by his ways - and yet is supposed to be ultra-kind (heck, my dad was kinder than god)... is one in number for all, except to the Indians who have 33 crores to choose from (was India always overpopulated in different ways?)

The rationals who believe him in measured quantities do well in life... the total believers whose faith borders on the blind get left behind.... He says he'll help those who help themselves (then why is he required?)... ALL mythologies tell stories of the utterly shameless behaviours of MOST gods including our king of gods Indra of the Greek king of gods Zeus, and still we worship them.....

Gaaawd! sad1.gif

+Quote Post
visuja
post Feb 7 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2745

Sigh.. log linearity se itne jalte kyun hain !!! sad.gif

Local scales mein linaerise karo and yenjaaay !! kuchh gadbad hua to locality badlo aur phir se linarise karo !!!

Jeevan bhar yahio to karte hain .... small steps at a time !

1. pehle 2 saal ghar mein udham machaaye, roye, tantrums et al.
2. phir 3 saal KG mein tp kiya...
3. phir 4-5 saal primary school mein bagal ki ladki se dosti ki..
4. phir 5-6 saal bagal ke girl's school par line maarey..
5. agar 10th pass hue to junior college mein ladki pataayi....
6. Nahin pati..to 12th ke baad undergraduate days mein sheher bhar ke colleges ke festivals mein hissa liye.... taaki sabke fashion shows dekh sakein .... both formal and informal !
7. Phir pardes gaye / naukri lagi..... to gharwaale ladki dhoondhna shuru karte hain....
8. Phir...... blab.gif .... abhi is domain par pahuncha nahin hoon..to main kya kahoon..... meri singularity ki domain par atka hua hoon.... doh.gif

Ab itnii saari ladkiyon ko ek saath deal karte..to us non linearity ka koi andaaza hai kisiiko !! ohmy.gif
Wunly one gal at a time... usko line pe laate laate khud ka location (thikaana) bhool jaate hain...aur phir linearise karna padta hai ! doh.gif

Aage ke linearised experiences humaare yahaan ke anubhavit log bataayenge ! camera.gif
+Quote Post
shivani
post Feb 7 2006, 06:16 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I can completely understand your feelings.
I am told often ( mom in law) that it is not God himself but his disciples who describe him in that fashion. The God himself is humble and kind and generous.
But.. what kind of generosity is this.. praise me and salvation is yours and the faith has to be complete and unquestioning.
Am also told ( or so I tell them when they are trying to "convert" me) I will understand and believe in that entity when he wishes it... or whenever time comes.
Maybe that is true.. maybe not..

PS: What is Visu talking about? completely lost there.
+Quote Post
visuja
post Feb 7 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2745

oops ! yahaan kahaan beech mein apna munh khol diya maine ! blab.gif

God, if thou exist.....help me to save myself !!!!
If thou dont exist, I'll help myself by bye-bye.gif
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Feb 7 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Can one HONESTLY say that god is actually watching us every second, keeping tabs, evaluating our actions? Doesn't he have better thinds to do?

Where are you Catch? Need your inputs smile1.gif

I think, he set up a system and has become busy elsewhere. We are merely products...

+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Feb 7 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Visu helped himself - meaning he had divine help wink2.gif

+Quote Post
shivani
post Feb 7 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

nahi re visuja.. aap thehriye.. I think I spammed again.. and should keep away
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Feb 7 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Visu, you've succeeded in sowing giant trees of self-doubt in Shivani's mind.

She reminds me of that little Russian girl... wink2.gif

+Quote Post
shivani
post Feb 7 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Where are you Catch? Need your inputs

he is God's record keeper ?? thats why he has so much info !!
mmmm

Visu, you've succeeded in sowing giant trees of self-doubt in Shivani's mind.

She reminds me of that little Russian girl... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink2.gif)

Someone's trying to lure me back.
beware.. I might come back with lots of Qs.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:25 AM