Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Khuda Ke Liye - In The Name Of God

, All about the movie

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Khuda Ke Liye - In The Name Of God, All about the movie
Aurous
post Jul 17 2007, 05:54 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7761

Below are the links for teasers of the soon-to-be released Shoaib Mansoor movie Khuda Ke Liye - In The Name Of God starring Shan, Iman Ali, Fawad Ahmed, Naseeruddin Shah, Hameed Sheikh, Austin Marie Sayre, Larry Neumann, Rasheed Naz, Naeem Tahir, Seemin Raheel, Humayun Kazmi, Najeeb Ullah Anjum, Ayub Khosa, Rufus Graham, Angela Williams, Alex Edwards

BackGround Music: Rohail Hayat

Vocals: Ahmad Jahanzeb, Shuja Haider, Farah Zala, Ammar Hasan, Khawar Jawad, Faiza Mujahid, Saeen Zahoor,Zara Madani

Lyrics: Shoaib Mansoor, Bulhey Shah, Faiza Mujahid

Music: Ahmed Jahanzeb

Movie Release: 20th July 2007

Music Release: 7th July 2007

Khuda Ke Liye - In The Name Of God - Shan Teaser

Khuda Ke Liye - In The Name Of God - Fawad Teaser

Khuda Ke Liye - In The Name Of God - Rasheed Naz Teaser

Khuda Ke Liye - In The Name Of God - Iman Teaser

Khuda Ke Liye - In The Name Of God - Naseer Teaser
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Jul 19 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 187

Yesssss!!!!! Finally we made a movie!!! tongue1.gif I am desperately looking for the release of the film.

smile1.gif

+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 19 2007, 03:53 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Inaam @ Jul 19 2007, 03:42 PM) *

Yesssss!!!!! Finally we made a movie!!! tongue1.gif I am desperately looking for the release of the film.

Inaam bhai, tomorrow's the D-Day ball2.gif
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Jul 20 2007, 02:46 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ya, Mujahid, I know --- but unfortunately agle week tak bohat busy hoon yaar sad1.gif next week hi dekhne ja sakoonga.

Shoeb Mansoor is the last hope for our dying film industry. I am so happy that finally he decided to make a movie. One of my friends, who is a journalist, watched the premier show in Karachi, he says you can compare this movie with any international movie.

+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 20 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Inaam @ Jul 20 2007, 02:46 AM) *

Shoeb Mansoor is the last hope for our dying film industry. I am so happy that finally he decided to make a movie. One of my friends, who is a journalist, watched the premier show in Karachi, he says you can compare this movie with any international movie.

That's right Inaam bhai. I hope it does well. That will be a big boost to the film industry. Shoaib Mansoor has made this one straight from the heart. Very relevant theme. Only one ques - will it release in India? huh.gif

I have an issue and a serious one at that. I just don't understand one thing. When Pakistan can produce good high-quality TV serials, why can't there be good movies out of Lollywood? I haven't seen a single Pakistani movie but when PTV used to air here in India, I used to follow the serials religiously. I mean there are so many talented actors in Pakistan. Humayun Saeed, Moin Akhtar, Zia Moheuddin, Behroz Sabzwari, Sadia Imam and many more...

Some of the serials that I've really enjoyed are:

1) Hawayein -- with the central character Mir Muhammad (don't remember the actor's real name), the singer-actress Komal and others

2) Laag -- Rauf Khalid, Zeba Bakhtiyar, Nirma, Nayyar Ejaz, Nadia Khan.

- This one focussed on the ongoing freedom struggle in Occupied Kashmir and the atrocities of Indian forces on its people in general and the Mujahideen in particular. I would give it 5/5... wub.gif

IPB Image
Rauf Khalid

3) Family Front -- Samina Ahmad, absolutely hilarious, loved the character Azam (the head of the family)... laugh.gif

Heard a lot about Tanhaiyan, Alpha Bravo Charlie but sadly never got to watch them. Another good one was Shiraazah but don't remember anything about it.

Also, there was a one-episode comedy serial starring Moin Akhtar where Moin's family used to live in a small house and never paid the rent. The landlord had to literally beg for the rent but Moin & his son used to torture him so much with sher-o-shayari that he used to freak out...Really minblowing performance by Moin & his son there. Do you, by any chance remember the title of the serial? I've a feeling it was Half Plate but I'm not too sure unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Inaam
post Jul 20 2007, 11:20 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(mujahid @ Jul 20 2007, 07:40 PM) *

That's right Inaam bhai. I hope it does well. That will be a big boost to the film industry. Shoaib Mansoor has made this one straight from the heart. Very relevant theme. Only one ques - will it release in India? huh.gif

I am not sure about it, Mujahid. But I am sure they will re;ase it in other countries like America & UK.

I have an issue and a serious one at that. I just don't understand one thing. When Pakistan can produce good high-quality TV serials, why can't there be good movies out of Lollywood? I haven't seen a single Pakistani movie but when PTV used to air here in India, I used to follow the serials religiously. I mean there are so many talented actors in Pakistan. Humayun Saeed, Moin Akhtar, Zia Moheuddin, Behroz Sabzwari, Sadia Imam and many more...

Due to low infrastructure and a limited circuit, producers are not interested to take risk. They make only cheep Punjabi movies with vulgar dances and loud dialogues. mad.gif

Some of the serials that I've really enjoyed are:

1) Hawayein -- with the central character Mir Muhammad (don't remember the actor's real name), the singer-actress Komal and others

2) Laag -- Rauf Khalid, Zeba Bakhtiyar, Nirma, Nayyar Ejaz, Nadia Khan.

- This one focussed on the ongoing freedom struggle in Occupied Kashmir and the atrocities of Indian forces on its people in general and the Mujahideen in particular. I would give it 5/5... wub.gif

IPB Image
Rauf Khalid

3) Family Front -- Samina Ahmad, absolutely hilarious, loved the character Azam (the head of the family)... laugh.gif

Heard a lot about Tanhaiyan, Alpha Bravo Charlie but sadly never got to watch them. Another good one was Shiraazah but don't remember anything about it.

Mujahid! It seems you have not seen the Best Work of Pakistan. tongue1.gif I strongly recommend following serials:
1. Tanhaiyan
2. Ankahi
3. Aahat
4. Hawwa Ki Beti
5. Jangal
6. Deewaren
7. Waaris
8. Tapish
9, Karb
10, Amawas
The list is very long tongue1.gif I am very fond of PTV's 70s and 80s plays and have a nice collection with me smile.gif

Also, there was a one-episode comedy serial starring Moin Akhtar where Moin's family used to live in a small house and never paid the rent. The landlord had to literally beg for the rent but Moin & his son used to torture him so much with sher-o-shayari that he used to freak out...Really minblowing performance by Moin & his son there. Do you, by any chance remember the title of the serial? I've a feeling it was Half Plate but I'm not too sure unsure.gif

Yes, you are right, it is 'Half Plate'. It was not a serial but a long play. I never tired to see this play. tongue1.gif There are so many long plays which are actually art movies like:
1. Paani pe likha tha
2. Raat gaye
3. Ab Mera Intezar Kar
4. Rozi
5. Zikr hai kai saal ka
6. Footpath ki Ghaas
8. Saanwal Mor Muhaaran
9, Dukhon ki chaadar
10, Dasht-e-junoon
and many many more... tongue1.gif
+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 21 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Inaam @ Jul 20 2007, 11:20 PM) *

I am not sure about it, Mujahid. But I am sure they will re;ase it in other countries like America & UK.

Well in that case, my only hope to watch this movie will be the Net. mellow.gif

Mujahid! It seems you have not seen the Best Work of Pakistan. tongue1.gif I strongly recommend following serials:
1. Tanhaiyan
2. Ankahi
3. Aahat
4. Hawwa Ki Beti
5. Jangal
6. Deewaren
7. Waaris
8. Tapish
9, Karb
10, Amawas
The list is very long tongue1.gif I am very fond of PTV's 70s and 80s plays and have a nice collection with me smile.gif

You have them!!!! Wow!!!! Attached Image

Do you use torrents? You can share them with torrents over here. I'd love to watch those serials...wub.gif
If you don't know how to use torrents, no probs. Just tell me. I'll give you the links which will help you understand this technology.

Yes, you are right, it is 'Half Plate'. It was not a serial but a long play. I never tired to see this play. tongue1.gif There are so many long plays which are actually art movies like:
1. Paani pe likha tha
2. Raat gaye
3. Ab Mera Intezar Kar
4. Rozi
5. Zikr hai kai saal ka
6. Footpath ki Ghaas
8. Saanwal Mor Muhaaran
9, Dukhon ki chaadar
10, Dasht-e-junoon
and many many more... tongue1.gif

You're so fortunate to have watched so many good-quality Pakistani plays & serials. I wonder why they've taken PTV off air in India. Now all you get to watch here are silly saas-bahu serials.... angry.gif

BTW do you know the name of the actor who plays Komal's husband in the serial "Hawayein"? I love his acting.
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Jul 21 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(mujahid @ Jul 21 2007, 11:15 AM) *

Do you use torrents? You can share them with torrents over here. I'd love to watch those serials...wub.gif
If you don't know how to use torrents, no probs. Just tell me. I'll give you the links which will help you understand this technology.

I dont know any thing about torrents sad1.gif Infact I dont have a fast internet connection. It is almost impossible for me to upload such BIG files.

You're so fortunate to have watched so many good-quality Pakistani plays & serials. I wonder why they've taken PTV off air in India. Now all you get to watch here are silly saas-bahu serials.... angry.gif

BTW do you know the name of the actor who plays Komal's husband in the serial "Hawayein"? I love his acting.

His name is Qaisar Khan, he is such a nice person, I have met him once in Khi. tongue1.gif Here is some of his pics for you:

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 21 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Inaam @ Jul 21 2007, 03:29 PM) *

I dont know any thing about torrents sad1.gif Infact I dont have a fast internet connection. It is almost impossible for me to upload such BIG files.

Oh...Inaam bhai, that's too bad. sad.gif Wonder when will I get to watch such serials. Do you anyone else at HF with access to old Pakistani serials? Maybe someone from Pakistan...

His name is Qaisar Khan, he is such a nice person, I have met him once in Khi. tongue1.gif

Ya, he's the one. Wow...you've met him. That's fabulous. I sure hope he's a nice & soft-spoken person in real life. Lucky you. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Inaam
post Jul 22 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Khuda Kay Liye premieres
KARACHI: Shoaib Mansoor’s long-awaited film Khuda Kay Liye (In The Name of God) premiered on Sunday night at Karachi’s Prince cinema.

This is Geo Films’ first project and an effort to revive the cinema industry in Pakistan. The film will open throughout Pakistan on July 20. The path-breaking film stars Shaan, Iman Ali, Naseeruddin Shah and Fawad Khan.

An amazing mix of people came to watch the screening, including media professionals, artists, doctors, teachers, designers, Ulema, and even housewives among others. Among the celebrities present at the premiere included Javed Sheikh, Bushra Ansari, Behroze Sabzwari, Shakeel, Tapu Javeri, Saqib Malik, Deepak Perwani, Sonya Battla.

Of course, musicians were also there in full force. Rohail Hyatt — who’s mixed the background score— Ali Azmat, Salman Ahmed and Faakhir were just some of the most prominent musicians present. Shoaib Mansoor has ties that bind with the music industry. Indeed, Khuda Kay Liye sends out a clear message that music and Islam are not mutually exclusive.

Going by the crowd that gathered at the premiere, Khuda Kay Liye is arousing great curiosity. After the doors were opened and people took their seats, the hall was packed to its capacity of 700. The cheering began as soon as the credits started rolling. It just showed how much people wanted to see a film that is made by one of them, about them and for them. Khuda Kay Liye is all this and more.

Shoaib Mansoor has crafted a plot straight from the heart. It is a story of two brothers who are pop musicians in Lahore, one of whom gets radicalised under the influence of extremists, while the other goes to America and gets unlawfully detained after 9/11. It is the story of Mary (Maryam), a British girl of Pakistani origin, who is brought to Pakistan by her father and married off against her will.

Khuda Kay Liye is a film all Pakistanis can relate to. The stories that are shown remind us of real life headlines and it seems that every character in the film is someone we’ve all encountered at some point or another.

There were moments of magic in the film, lines that were said, scenes that were set up that touched the audience so much that they burst into spontaneous applause. And when Imran Aslam, President of the Geo Television Network, called Shoaib Mansoor on stage to take a bow at the end, he received a raucous standing ovation.

Two middle-aged women discussing the movie on their way out, said: “This movie is very timely. This is the kind of movie I want my children and everyone I know to watch, considering the state of the world today.”

Pop star Salman Ahmed said, “This movie reminded me that love always brings you to the right path. You can’t force ideology.” Ali Azmat predicted that this film “would change Pakistan.”

A young make-up artist, said: “This movie showed me that Pakistani cinema is still there! I would definitely come to a cinema to watch movies similar to this one.” Khuda Kay Liye is infinitely superior in every way to standard Lollywood fare.

The enthusiasm and excitement of the audience proves that a bright future for cinema is possible in Pakistan. It seemed that people are hungry for the essence of this land and culture to be distilled and projected on cinema screens, like it once was.

Source: http://www.thenews.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=9041
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Jul 30 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I have just watched the movie tongue1.gif Wow!!! No doubt.. The best movie Pakistan ever made. tongue1.gif

+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 31 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Inaam @ Jul 30 2007, 11:39 PM) *

I have just watched the movie tongue1.gif Wow!!! No doubt.. The best movie Pakistan ever made. tongue1.gif

You've seen it!! Wow, Inaam bhai party2.gif That's great. Wonder when will I get a chance to watch it...sigh.gif

Do you have an idea if & when is it premiering in India?
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Aug 1 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I have no idea, Mujahid. Lekin agar iska DVD release huwa to I promise you, tumko bhejoonga. tongue1.gif Fikar matt karo.

+Quote Post
Aurous
post Aug 1 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Inaam @ Aug 1 2007, 12:33 AM) *

I have no idea, Mujahid. Lekin agar iska DVD release huwa to I promise you, tumko bhejoonga. tongue1.gif Fikar matt karo.

Oh please do, Inaam bhai. Now that even you've praised the movie, I'll give anything to watch it. smile.gif
+Quote Post
IDOL
post Aug 1 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1583

QUOTE(Inaam @ Jul 19 2007, 04:12 AM) *

smile1.gif

Inaam, I wonder about 'we' do you mean pakistan? or you mean your own film ? unsure.gif

.......................................................................IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:13 AM