Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sanu / Abhijeet In Karz

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sanu / Abhijeet In Karz
iqbal
post Mar 8 2005, 09:50 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12

Recently watched the movie Karz (New) and had some lovely songs by Kumar Sanu.

I was just abit surprised to find a duet by Sanu and Abhijeet, have they sung many duets together?

Do you think it’s a good idea of using both of these in the same song?
I know their voices are not very similar but do have some resemblance and also being classed as Kishoreda clones.

It’s like using Sonu / Vipin or Nitin / Dr Kamlesh in a duet.
What do you say?

From the current singers I prefer duets by Udit / Sanu.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post May 17 2005, 04:18 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 762

Recently watched the movie Karz (New) and had some lovely songs by Kumar Sanu.

I was just abit surprised to find a duet by Sanu and Abhijeet, have they sung many duets together?

Do you think itÂ’s a good idea of using both of these in the same song?
I know their voices are not very similar but do have some resemblance and also being classed as Kishoreda clones.

ItÂ’s like using Sonu / Vipin or Nitin / Dr Kamlesh in a duet.
What do you say?

From the current singers I prefer duets by Udit / Sanu.

hi iqbal,
yes karz has a few great KS melodies, i have always liked the MD's sanjeev darshan from their 'MANN' days

the song u r referring to is MERI MEHBOOBA HAI TU, tu har pal mere khayalon mein hai

it is a sanu/abhijeet duet, although sanu sings both the antara's. i feel that abhijeet should have sung with more projection and energy, as it is partly due to his 'airy/blowy' style of singing that he has been totally overshadowed by KS

also, KS's expression in the song are totally top class, to an extent, sanu sings in this song, like he used to in the early 90's. actually this was my favorite KS song of that particular year

regarding abhijeet and sanu duets, i can remember a few more. i can remebr one more duet in which abhijeet was overshadowed by sanu, 'humko hone de sharaabi'.

to tell the truth, abhijeet seems to gat overshadowed by whoever he sings with, i can also remember a abhijeet/udit duet in which he was blown away by the projection in udits voice (movie was fareb, and sanu also had a gem of a song-aankhion se dil mein utar ke)

regarding both of them them being KK clones, i disagree....kumar sanu himself has more clones than any other singer, including babul supriyo , arnab chakraborty etc. even singers like sonu nigam have modulated their voices from being rafi clones in 'bewafa sanam' to sanu clones in 'panchi nadiya-border', 'mujhe raat din-sangharsh' etc. even indian idol abhijeet sawant's singing style has a strong sanu influence to it.

KK started his career as a KL sehgal clone, similarly sanu started off as as copying kishore, but has now developed a style and following of his own

KS fanclub website
KS fanclub message board- home of more than 600 KS fans
user posted image user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
'king of melody' kumar sanu recieving ARTIST OF THE DECADE award at Atlantic City,USA
+Quote Post
iqbal
post May 17 2005, 01:27 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

[quote=kurtcobain,May 16 2005, 10:48 PM]
[quote] to tell the truth, abhijeet seems to gat overshadowed by whoever he sings with, i can also remember a abhijeet/udit duet in which he was blown away by the projection in udits voice (movie was fareb, and sanu also had a gem of a song-aankhion se dil mein utar ke)

r

[/quote]

Hi Kurt,

I agree there and also Abhijeet himself would too.

There used to be a programme that came on Zee tv here in the UK called ‘Sangeet Sitaare’ and in each episode they used to show a clip in the studio of the latest song being recorded. This time it was a Udit and Abhijeet duet and one of the reporters started interviewing Abhijeet and he commented Udit as usual will surpass me again in this duet.
+Quote Post
sachinbadiani
post May 21 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #4

Unregistered

Another KS+Abhijeet song is from Daava (music by J-L). KS overshadows Abhijeet.

However, there is one song from Return of Jewel Thief (music again by J-L), which has a KS+Abhijeet (as well as a KS+Alka+others song). Both do not outshine the other. Both are equal.

Sach

[quote=iqbal,May 17 2005, 08:57 AM]
[quote=kurtcobain,May 16 2005, 10:48 PM]
[quote] to tell the truth, abhijeet seems to gat overshadowed by whoever he sings with, i can also remember a abhijeet/udit duet in which he was blown away by the projection in udits voice (movie was fareb, and sanu also had a gem of a song-aankhion se dil mein utar ke)

r

[/quote]

Hi Kurt,

I agree there and also Abhijeet himself would too.

There used to be a programme that came on Zee tv here in the UK called ‘Sangeet Sitaare’ and in each episode they used to show a clip in the studio of the latest song being recorded. This time it was a Udit and Abhijeet duet and one of the reporters started interviewing Abhijeet and he commented Udit as usual will surpass me again in this duet.

[/quote]
+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post May 23 2005, 10:28 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 762

Another KS+Abhijeet song is from Daava (music by J-L). KS overshadows Abhijeet.

However, there is one song from Return of Jewel Thief (music again by J-L), which has a KS+Abhijeet (as well as a KS+Alka+others song). Both do not outshine the other. Both are equal.

the song in return of jewel thief is 'aaj ka din hai kitna suhana', both sang that song equally well

in my opinion, this is so due to two reasons

1. the song is a straight forward fast paced happy number, and sanu ususally accelerates past the competition when you get to the curves on the track, ie romantic/sad expressive emotional singing

2. abhijeet sang this song in the same way he sang the 'kishore ki yaadein series', and didn't incorporate any of his 'airines' into his singing, therefore his voice is more 'dumdaar' than it usually is. this benefits him as it is a fast paced number

KS fanclub website
KS fanclub message board- home of more than 600 KS fans
user posted image user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
'king of melody' kumar sanu recieving ARTIST OF THE DECADE award at Atlantic City,USA
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 02:06 AM