Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

My Whole Collection

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
90 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Whole Collection
Binod
post Oct 25 2006, 07:06 AM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 953

Yusuf Bhai:

Thanks for all your wonderful contributions so far and the icing in the cake for opening the doors of your "khazana" to every member of HF, even to complete strangers. It shows how much you love Rafi and how much you love those who love RAFI.

Regards.

Binod.

धन्यबाद

——

विनोद

"If music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die."

— From Twelfth Night (I, i,1-3)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
myawan
post Oct 25 2006, 08:05 AM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

Thanks Anil bhai! Well thats true that I may not have listened every song in my collection completely but the tune remains in my mind smile1.gif. Yes I once lost some songs in a hard disk crash thats why I keep recorded CD's whenever possible.
Binod bhai! I am nothing in comparison to others here who have shared such a great gems, its all because of people like you all.

So Haneef here is your request, file size may look smaller to you but the quality is the same and trust me I have worked on this to get the same quality and I upload after myself is satisfied. So it the best of both worlds, small size but good quality. Although in the new scenario it may be beneficial for me to upload big sized file but why when there is no quality improvement. And thanks for fulfilling skip's request smile1.gif

==============================

For me, listening to Mohammad Rafi is an addiction!
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Oct 25 2006, 09:09 AM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

Yusub bhai

agar apka aur hamara collection mil jaye tho jo log jo kehte hein Rafisaab kewal 6000 gane gaye bhein, unhe sharminda hona padega.

laugh.gif

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
bobby mudgel
post Oct 25 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 520

QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Oct 25 2006, 10:09 AM) *

Yusub bhai

agar apka aur hamara collection mil jaye tho jo log jo kehte hein Rafisaab kewal 6000 gane gaye bhein, unhe sharminda hona padega.

laugh.gif

not more than 5500-----

among my most prized possessions--are-words-that i ve never spoken
+Quote Post
myawan
post Oct 25 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

SS do you remember long time back we had a detailed discussion on this......and finally on what we were agreed was around 10,000.

But Bobby is quoting the number of songs which are available somehow, Is it possible that rest of them are just sooo rarely distributed? I think it is.

+Quote Post
bobby mudgel
post Oct 25 2006, 11:20 AM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(myawan @ Oct 25 2006, 12:09 PM) *

SS do you remember long time back we had a detailed discussion on this......and finally on what we were agreed was around 10,000.

But Bobby is quoting the number of songs which are available somehow, Is it possible that rest of them are just sooo rarely distributed? I think it is.

mywaan sahab---shayad aapko yaad ho 15-20 saal pehle lata ka naam bh record book main aa gaya thaa-ki 25000 songs hain phir hata liya gaya---rafi ki kisi bhi book main songs-5000 ke aas paas hi hain---just gimme 50 films name out side the rafi books---main ye maan loonga ki rafi sahab ne 50000 songs gaaye hain-----though rafi sahab agar --man re tu ke baad koi bhi songs nahin gaate tou bhi unki value vo h rehti jo aaj hai----------try to understand my point itne gane hain tou gaane nahin tou info tou honi chahiye na

+Quote Post
myawan
post Oct 25 2006, 11:41 AM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

mywaan sahab---shayad aapko yaad ho 15-20 saal pehle lata ka naam bh record book main aa gaya thaa-ki 25000 songs hain phir hata liya gaya---rafi ki kisi bhi book main songs-5000 ke aas paas hi hain---just gimme 50 films name out side the rafi books---main ye maan loonga ki rafi sahab ne 50000 songs gaaye hain-----though rafi sahab agar --man re tu ke baad koi bhi songs nahin gaate tou bhi unki value vo h rehti jo aaj hai----------try to understand my point itne gane hain tou gaane nahin tou info tou honi chahiye na

May be......but I've got Mr. Salim ul Haq's book and I often find songs that are not listed in that book.
Discussing this topic is bit tough for me coz its like shooting bullets in the dark, no exact info smile1.gif

+Quote Post
bobby mudgel
post Oct 25 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(myawan @ Oct 25 2006, 12:41 PM) *

May be......but I've got Mr. Salim ul Haq's book and I often find songs that are not listed in that book.
Discussing this topic is bit tough for me coz its like shooting bullets in the dark, no exact info smile1.gif

i ve some 150 odd songs outside da book----like 2nd and 3rd part of some-----some infos r wrong in all book---like a non filmi song---mahabharat ki jeet---------aisa koi song hai hi nahin-----right words r--mahamaran ki jeet--a christian song------rafi hi nahin koi bhi singer ho---books ke bahar 100 ke aas paas hi songs hote hain----

+Quote Post
tracknest
post Oct 25 2006, 12:23 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 3031

[quote name='bobby mudgel' date='Oct 25 2006, 11:20 AM' post='299113']
[quote name='myawan' post='299110' date='Oct 25 2006, 12:09 PM']
though rafi sahab agar --man re tu ke baad koi bhi songs nahin gaate tou bhi unki value vo h rehti jo aaj hai----------try to understand my point itne gane hain tou gaane nahin tou info tou honi chahiye na
[/quote]

Mr Bobby

Yes you are right, it does not matter how many songs he has sung. For me and a vast majority he is the best. I would prefer no one attaches a figure to his invaluable songs, whether 6000, 10,000 or 5,500.

Man re is just one of his uncomparable gems. He made is mark well in 40's, a legend the time he faced the microphone.

Mr. Mayawan, please share more of your collection.

TN

IF WISHES WERE HORSES THEN BEGGARS WOULD RIDE
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Oct 25 2006, 01:34 PM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(myawan @ Oct 25 2006, 11:09 AM) *

I do recollect, Yusuf bhai. Most books do not show more than 5500 songs as Bobby bhai has rightly said but after doing a research over the years and meeting some amazing people and reading the history of recording companies, I would say 25,000 songs is not the right figure and Rafisaab never claimed that he had sung this many. He only said after Lata claimed she had sung 30,000 songs, "if Lata has sung 30,000 songs then since I came in the industry before her, I too may have sung about 25,000 songs. I belive a figure of 10 to 12000 songs is quite possible.

We cant see God but we belive in him don't we. Hence just because we do not have the info of more than 5,500 songs that does not mean there are no more.

Let me give you an example. I met a peson who had 150 songs of Rafisaab that were not mentioned in the book. There was another who had 50 that were not in the book or in the 150. Imagine if there are several people like them who have the songs that are not accounted for.

I believe if I combine your list with mine we will go way above the figure that the books mention.
Of course it does not matter how many Rafisaab has sung and I am in no way saying Bobby Bhai is wrong. I am happy for anyone to have any figure in their mind.

Cheers
SS

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
bobby mudgel
post Oct 25 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Oct 25 2006, 02:34 PM) *

I do recollect, Yusuf bhai. Most books do not show more than 5500 songs as Bobby bhai has rightly said but after doing a research over the years and meeting some amazing people and reading the history of recording companies, I would say 25,000 songs is not the right figure and Rafisaab never claimed that he had sung this many. He only said after Lata claimed she had sung 30,000 songs, "if Lata has sung 30,000 songs then since I came in the industry before her, I too may have sung about 25,000 songs. I belive a figure of 10 to 12000 songs is quite possible.

We cant see God but we belive in him don't we. Hence just because we do not have the info of more than 5,500 songs that does not mean there are no more.

Let me give you an example. I met a peson who had 150 songs of Rafisaab that were not mentioned in the book. There was another who had 50 that were not in the book or in the 150. Imagine if there are several people like them who have the songs that are not accounted for.

I believe if I combine your list with mine we will go way above the figure that the books mention.
Of course it does not matter how many Rafisaab has sung and I am in no way saying Bobby Bhai is wrong. I am happy for anyone to have any figure in their mind.

Cheers
SS

so-------pls u/l the list of songs u ve or info u ve--bout da songs out side the books--kum se kum songs dhundhne ka kaam tou shuru karen wink.gif

+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Oct 25 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(bobby mudgel @ Oct 25 2006, 02:22 PM) *

Cheers
SS

so-------pls u/l the list of songs u ve or info u ve--bout da songs out side the books--kum se kum songs dhundhne ka kaam tou shuru karen wink.gif

Bobby bhai

I do not have those songs and nor do i have a list of those songs per say. If you can post me the song list you have, I will have a look at the ones I have and then single out the songs that you dont have. How about that bhai?

If you want to start, one place to look is at the records of the small recording companies that existed in the 40's. These companies had over 150 songs of Rafisaab, mainly non filmi. These companies were too small and closed down and HMV did not bother to salvage those records.

Another place to look is in Pakistan films of 40's and non filmi songs too. Dhall Saab can give more info. According to a old collector about 500 songs exist of this nature.

Another place to look is at the names and number of films made in bollywood and how many of them actually released the soundtrack. As per one information there are several films whose soundtrack was never released.

Regional songs are another area and many regional films audio was never released.

Here is a list of some of the small companies that operated and then closed down all with them disappeared the titles that they released.

.1The Mega Phone company
2. Hindustan Records and New theatres records
3. Senola Musical products
5. Talking picture record company
6. Shaenshai Records
7. Jien’o-phone records
8. Odeon
10. The Crystalate Gramophone Record company
11. The National Gramophone Record Manufacturing Co
12. Natraj music
13. Navras records
14. Polydor
And many more

As per an analyst, the total number of 78 rpm discs recorded and issued by HWV is estimated to be about 50,000 titles to which might be added some 30,000 recordings (not almums) by other smaller companies that had been operating in India over the past sixty odd years .

Do you know such was the the popularity of "Alam Ara's" songs led moviemakers to drastically increase the number of songs in their movies - for eaxmple the 1932 film "Indrasabha" had a staggering 71 songs. Hence one has to look very deep in the history of HFM to get to the core of the matter.

Regards
SS

+Quote Post
bobby mudgel
post Oct 25 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Oct 25 2006, 04:00 PM) *

QUOTE(bobby mudgel @ Oct 25 2006, 02:22 PM) *

Cheers
SS

Bobby bhai

I do not have those songs and nor do i have a list of those songs per say. If you can post me the song list you have, I will have a look at the ones I have and then single out the songs that you dont have. How about that bhai?

If you want to start, one place to look is at the records of the small recording companies that existed in the 40's. These companies had over 150 songs of Rafisaab, mainly non filmi. These companies were too small and closed down and HMV did not bother to salvage those records.

Another place to look is in Pakistan films of 40's and non filmi songs too. Dhall Saab can give more info. According to a old collector about 500 songs exist of this nature.

Another place to look is at the names and number of films made in bollywood and how many of them actually released the soundtrack. As per one information there are several films whose soundtrack was never released.

Regional songs are another area and many regional films audio was never released.

Here is a list of some of the small companies that operated and then closed down all with them disappeared the titles that they released.

.1The Mega Phone company
2. Hindustan Records and New theatres records
3. Senola Musical products
5. Talking picture record company
6. Shaenshai Records
7. Jien’o-phone records
8. Odeon
10. The Crystalate Gramophone Record company
11. The National Gramophone Record Manufacturing Co
12. Natraj music
13. Navras records
14. Polydor
And many more

As per an analyst, the total number of 78 rpm discs recorded and issued by HWV is estimated to be about 50,000 titles to which might be added some 30,000 recordings (not almums) by other smaller companies that had been operating in India over the past sixty odd years .

Do you know such was the the popularity of "Alam Ara's" songs led moviemakers to drastically increase the number of songs in their movies - for eaxmple the 1932 film "Indrasabha" had a staggering 71 songs. Hence one has to look very deep in the history of HFM to get to the core of the matter.

Regards
SS

ss bro---my prob is i ve 4700 songs of rafi----all r in audio csts---------jab bhi koi song milta hai book main mark kar deta hoon---that,s y i know exact figure how many i ve-------one of my friend is planning to write a book on rafi--and has some usefull infos-------there r some 15 odd non filmi and 300 punjabi songs out side the books---+some filmi and sound track wale---so total is near bout 500 songs

+Quote Post
princeali
post Oct 25 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

I agree with SS bhai, there are surely more than 5500+ songs, alot of them might not be listed and one doesn't necessarily have to have them all in order to prove this, its well known that many books, lists etc. don't take into account and leave out many songs.

Yusuf bhai, Thanks for opening your collection to us, appreciate it.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
shabbirkumar786
post Oct 25 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7130

QUOTE(myawan @ Oct 23 2006, 10:31 PM) *

I've crossed the 3000 mark for Rafi saab's songs, although it may not be a great number for some of the big collectors but for me this is really remarkable. And all this is indebted to this forum, MAS, old yahoo group and all of you members and specially the ADMINS who are the root cause of this.

I am attaching my collection, so if anybody does need any song he can request to me and I'll upload it.....It may take some time coz I've dialup at home but the song will be here. 'Der Hai, Andher Nahin' smile1.gif

And one thing more, this step is not the after effect of 'ratio rule', I always wanted to share this but was waiting for 3000 mark cool.gif

salaam yusuf,

bhaiya to be honest- im a die hard, kishoreda fan myself but...

i love rafi too.

just wanted to congratulate u not only for kindly sharing ur musical khazana but

cos u have a very big heart too!

wish u all the best yaar.

ur a genuine topman- ur absolutely amazing u really are.

bless ya!!!

p.s. eid mubarak to u & ur family.

take care.

BASH.

Tumse milkar na jane kyon aur bhi kuch yaad aata hai...
+Quote Post

90 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:07 AM