Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Devdas old v/s new

, Movie

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Devdas old v/s new, Movie
Which version would you rather see again?
Which version would you rather see again?
Devdas (1928) [ 2 ] ** [2.86%]
Devdas (1935) [ 3 ] ** [4.29%]
Devdas (1956) [ 54 ] ** [77.14%]
Devdas (2002) [ 11 ] ** [15.71%]
Total Votes: 70
Guests cannot vote 
YaarMere
post Sep 10 2004, 03:01 AM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Sep 10 2004, 02:15 AM)
!IMO, DK is the greatest actor!

Damn right he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devdas is a classic.

"Log raja bante hein, rani bante hein... Chandramukhi bhi natak karti hai".

Lol, lol, Lol

JW, is cool too, he gets told to leave... he goes:

"bahi, puch sackta hoon ke mujhe kis baat par nikala ja raha hai... nahi nahi, poochne wali baat hai".

Lol, lol, lol

IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hamarapolice
post Sep 10 2004, 01:29 PM
Post #17

Unregistered

Are u people talkin n referring to Indian cinema?.
Marlon Brando and Robert de Nero are better than
Dileep.
dry.gif
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Sep 10 2004, 03:11 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

QUOTE(hamarapolice @ Sep 10 2004, 01:29 PM)
Are u people talkin n referring to Indian cinema?.
Marlon Brando and Robert de Nero are better than
Dileep.
dry.gif

Different ball game mate!!

Dilip was offered roles 4 'Lawrence of Arabia' & 1 more that I cant remember

IPB Image
+Quote Post
liquid
post Oct 27 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 572

Devdas from '56 is a fantastic movie..DK is just great. And Devdas from 2k2 is not bad, but the one with DK is just great...Very nice acting by DK (very natural)

The other 2 versions I haven't seen it...so can't say anything about them..... rolleyes.gif

--=Mere Mehboob Tere Dum Se, Hai Duniya Pe Bahar,
Warna Is Ghum Se Bahri Duniya, Me Kiya Rahka Hai=--
+Quote Post
masoomkamal
post Nov 14 2004, 01:31 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 602

I am very sorry that Dilip Kumar is being compared with Hollywood Actors. It is just like that you compare Biryani with Hot Dog !
Hollywood's actors are very different, their mannerism, their atitude, their style as well as their culture are very different with ours. What Dilip kumar has done in Devdas, no any actor of Hollywood can do. I bet.
Dont see Devdas as a Rona Dhona film. See it to see the best direction, best acting, best storyline, best beauty, best music. Dilip Kumar is just great in this film. If you want to laugh to see Devdas, please see Sahgal's Devdas. LOL.

IPB ImageKamal Khan

Yaad mein teri jahan ko bhoolta jata hoon main, Bhoolne wale kabhi tujh ko bhi yaad aata hoon main !.... !
+Quote Post
catch22
post Dec 27 2004, 01:40 PM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 1172

I have seen most of Dilip Kumar's movies, most of Amitabh's movies & quite a few of SRK's movies. I have not seen any of the versions of Devdas, as I could'nt make myself watch a drunken tragedy. But given a choice, I would watch a Dilip movie any day, any time. He is a class by himself, acting personified.

"The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it."
"Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing what he read made him mad. "
"You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race. "
George Bernard Shaw
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Dec 27 2004, 03:00 PM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

You must see KLS one too! Now that would be something with 3 versions to judge!

N *smile*
+Quote Post
bchatterjee
post Jun 23 2005, 06:31 PM
Post #23

Unregistered

QUOTE(extenok @ Nov 5 2003, 06:28 PM)
I have only watched the 2002 version.
But from what I've heard my father and other seniors who had watched Dilip Kumar's version say about Dilip's acting makes me think seriously about watching it.
They all speak highly of Dilip's softness, both in the eyes and the facial expressions. And how Shah Rukh face doesn't possess that softness.
I guess what others might hold against Devdas(2002) is the whole financial sway that it holds over the previous movies made and also over its contemporaries.

OK in bengal during that time there were no mansions of the sorts shown in this DEVDAS (2002). Moreover, Parvati and the dancer never meet!!!!

It is the simplicity of rural Bengal that gives it the appeal, which no amount of extravaganza can even start a comparison!!!!!

Even the Bengali version by Uttam, Soumitra Chatterjee was not good.

Bappa
+Quote Post
unni
post Jun 23 2005, 06:41 PM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

A classic scene in the Bimal Roy version shows Chandramukhi (Vyjayantimala) going in search of Devdas (Dilip Kumar) and the palki carrying Paro (Suchitra Sen) going past her in the opposite direction. That the closest they came to meeting!

But that would not leave scope for "Dola Re Dola". sad1.gif

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
Priya
post Jun 23 2005, 07:24 PM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

Never seen the Dilip Kumar one so would want to see that. cry.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
masoomkamal
post Jun 24 2005, 04:13 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

Member No.: 602

QUOTE(priya @ Jun 23 2005, 07:24 PM)
Never seen the Dilip Kumar one so would want to see that. cry.gif

Priya ji, agar in filmon ko dekhne ke liye aap ko saat samandar paar bhi jaana pade, Everest ki choti par bhi pohonchna pade...... to der na karen...... kyunki ye saari filmen Indian Film Industry ke anmol heere hain.... aur in ke baghair Indian Film Industry ka iteehaas adhura hai.

Classic films like Mother India, Do Bigha Zameen, Shree 420, Guide, Mughal-e-Azam, Ganga Jamuna and Devdas (Dilip Kumar).

IPB ImageKamal Khan

Yaad mein teri jahan ko bhoolta jata hoon main, Bhoolne wale kabhi tujh ko bhi yaad aata hoon main !.... !
+Quote Post
bchatterjee
post Jun 24 2005, 09:08 AM
Post #27

Unregistered

QUOTE(unni @ Jun 23 2005, 07:41 PM)
A classic scene in the Bimal Roy version shows Chandramukhi (Vyjayantimala) going in search of Devdas (Dilip Kumar) and the palki carrying Paro (Suchitra Sen) going past her in the opposite direction. That the closest they came to meeting!

But that would not leave scope for "Dola Re Dola". sad1.gif

Unniji it is better I don't speak any more on this as my heart will start ruling over my brain and I might hurt feelings of people who liked it !! tongue.gif tongue.gif

Just this much sarat Chandra is closing his eyes and shedding tears at what people have made of his DEVDAS in heaven!!!

Bappa
+Quote Post
unni
post Jun 24 2005, 09:16 AM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

QUOTE(bchatterjee @ Jun 23 2005, 11:38 PM)
Unniji it is better I don't speak any more on this as my heart will start ruling over my brain and I might hurt feelings of people who liked it !! tongue.gif  tongue.gif

Just this much sarat Chandra is closing his eyes and shedding tears at what people have made of his DEVDAS in heaven!!!

Bappa

Well, guess we know that Bimal-da's version was faithful to the original Saratchandra story -- virtually an 'art film'. Whereas we recognize that the recent Bollywood version was a "glossy entertainer".

I've heard good things about the old Hindi version starring K. L. Saigal, but haven't watched it.

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
Priya
post Jun 24 2005, 09:22 AM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(masoomkamal @ Jun 24 2005, 04:13 AM)
Priya ji,  agar  in filmon ko dekhne ke liye aap ko saat samandar paar bhi jaana pade, Everest ki choti par bhi pohonchna pade...... to der na karen...... kyunki ye saari filmen Indian Film Industry ke anmol heere hain.... aur in ke baghair Indian Film Industry ka iteehaas adhura hai.

Ayyo saat samundar par screening chal rahi hai filmon ki? blab.gif
Do not mind me Masoomji--I have an odd sense of humour. smile1.gif

Classic films like Mother India, Do Bigha Zameen, Shree 420, Guide, Mughal-e-Azam, Ganga Jamuna and Devdas (Dilip Kumar).

Have seen all these except Ganga Jamuna and Devdas. Two films I wan to see are Sujata and Bandini. Cannot seem to get my hands on them. sad1.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Jun 24 2005, 09:31 AM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

SLB's Devdas was absolutely off the mark from the novel. You cant call it as a making of the novel on the celluloid.. it could be only termed as an adaptation. The story has been changed a lot. Due to the photography and ostentatious sets.. the movie attracted the eye!

The earlier one with Dilip Kumar and others, well cant comment as I havent seen it! The same goes for the earlier version !!

I guess one should not compare the book to the movie at any time!

The same is true for Parineeta - 3 to 4 versions of the movie have been made!

N :|
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:58 PM