Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Any Football Fans Here?

, Thread for discussion about world cup

10 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any Football Fans Here?, Thread for discussion about world cup
Ashraf
post Jun 5 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Yes.Finally those days are about to start.If I say frankly world cup days are few days which I just forget all other things and enjoy myself.Being a person coming from football crazy Kerala I am waiting anxiously for June 9.

Let us discuss about it.Tell about your favourite tams and players(if any body is interested in football).

My favourite team is Brazil(as always)

My favourite players are Kaka and Adriano(Brazil).

After Brazil my support goes to Holland.

only team which I dislike is France.

I feel missing my home now cry.gif .it would have been great If was there with so many friends and football fans .

dil doondtha hain phir vohi fursat ke raat din
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
azad
post Jun 5 2006, 05:15 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2731

Don't know how far they will go but definitely glad to see Australia make it to Germany. Football (code=soccer) is almost non-existent in Australia (well, was non-existent untill a few months back). Just this opportunity they got, regardless whether they make it round 2 or not, will do very good for the sport there.
With all the interest this worldcup has aroused in Australia, they will be the team to watch for in the next world cup.

My tip, Germany, the 2006 World Champs.

Azad
Paana hai kahbi, kabhi kuchh paana hai, kabhi kuchh khona hai, yahan jo hona hai hoga wohi
Yehi zindagi hai, yahan jiyein wohi log jo, saare gham bhulake aansuon mein muskurate hain

+Quote Post
Flex001
post Jun 5 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 184

Rooting for Brazil here. My player to watch, Ronaldinho, the bucked toothed assassin. I think Argentina and Italy also have good chance though you can never ignore the Germans, plus they have home advantage this time round.

My mates reckon England have a great chance, HAHA, I promised each of them a new jersey should that happen!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
"To be in a minority of one does not necessarily render one insane"
George Orwell (1949) 'Nineteen Eighty Four'
+Quote Post
oye_sonu
post Jun 6 2006, 01:04 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2547

QUOTE(azad @ Jun 5 2006, 06:15 PM) *

Don't know how far they will go but definitely glad to see Australia make it to Germany. Football (code=soccer) is almost non-existent in Australia (well, was non-existent untill a few months back). Just this opportunity they got, regardless whether they make it round 2 or not, will do very good for the sport there.
With all the interest this worldcup has aroused in Australia, they will be the team to watch for in the next world cup.

My tip, Germany, the 2006 World Champs.

Milao Azad ji haath Apoon bhi Germany ka fan hai.

Football is my fav sport. but delhi people hardly like this game.
I dont have cable at home....so totally clueless abt players and hype that usually comes with such events. headbang.gif

but apoon ko Germany ka game hamesha pasand hai. so this time also its Germany for me.
Brazilians individual efforts per kaafi depend karte hai.

ghar me kaha hai ek mahine ke leye cable lagane ko.... bored.gif . unko darr hai kahi Baywatch na dekhne lag pade ladka tongue1.gif

Sonu

forgive me if I miss replying or reading ur post............bit busy :-( !
Duniya ne kitna samjhaya, kaun hai apna kaun paraya
Phir bhi dil ki chot chhupa kar humne aapka dil behalya
Khud hi mar mitne ki ye zid hai hamaari......
sach hai duniya waalon hum hain anari !

......back to basics!!!

My artists :-
Shankar Jaikishan- Composers with magical touch !!

This year we CELEBRATE 60 years of Shankar Jaikishan music . come join the celebrations !
Join the SJ fans group for more information :
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/shankarjaikishan/

Join FACEBOOK shankar jaikishan group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123537751015751
+Quote Post
princeali
post Jun 6 2006, 05:23 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

Oh Man, great thread Ashraf bhai, Football is one of my most favourite sports.

My team is ITALY !!!!

I hope this time they don't let us down, the past two tourney's have been big letdowns, being eliminated by SK in 02 and then failing to qualify to the second round in the Euro Cup in 04.

My favourite player is Del Piero, he's re-invented himself and is in the form of his life right now, he's had a great season with Juve and hopefully he will shine in this tourney, but the question is can he and Totti play together, considering they have had their share of problems in the past.

I hope they finish first in their group so they don't meet Brazil right away in the second round, not that I think they can't beat them tongue1.gif, but that would be a good semi-final or final clash.

Nice to know there are football fans here on HF.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
azad
post Jun 6 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2731

ghar me kaha hai ek mahine ke leye cable lagane ko.... bored.gif . unko darr hai kahi Baywatch na dekhne lag pade ladka tongue1.gif

LOL......................

Azad
Paana hai kahbi, kabhi kuchh paana hai, kabhi kuchh khona hai, yahan jo hona hai hoga wohi
Yehi zindagi hai, yahan jiyein wohi log jo, saare gham bhulake aansuon mein muskurate hain

+Quote Post
hari
post Jun 6 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 418

England All The Way!

Players to watch, Messi, Kaka, Toni, Ronaldihno, Rooney(if fit), Adriano, and HENRY.

RAFIMUKESHKISHORELATAASHAMANNAMAHENDRATALATHEMANTNOORGEETASAIGALSHAMSAD
+Quote Post
Ashraf
post Jun 7 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Hari bhai

You mean u like England or England has the best chance to win?

Actually England disappoint always.In premior league English players are stylish and plays attacking style of football,but when it comes to international matches English football sucks.They always plays defensively.
I like Steven Jerrard in English team.

I hope 'Ronaldinhco-Ronaldo-Kaka-Adriano-Robinhco' will be in good form so that Brazil can score at an average of 3 goals in all matches.So even if defence goes little weak Brazil can win the matches.

Any Argentine fans here?.

Prince bhai.Italy has improved a lot and now a days playing some fast/attacking game unlike they plays in 90s.But they need to have some luck going on their favour(just like the dutch)

Most luckiest team in the world is France sure.

+Quote Post
NATURE
post Jun 14 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2238

my teams: france, brasil, argentina, germany. but 1 thing i dislike about germany is
they r very aggresive and do misdeeds to take the game in their favor ...

i was in full support of france during france v switzerland, but they couldn't win. kya dayaa game thaa ...
bore ho gaye the ... henry has been in form but did nothing remarkable.

i guess the best goals came from "kaka" ( brasil, with croatia ) and "frings" ( germany, with costa rica ) ,
what say ? anybody watched all the matches ???
to know all the updates of matches & results, plz visit this ... FIFA WorldCup-2006

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Jo Milte hain, voh nahi milte
Aur Jo Nahi Milte, Vohin Vaastav mein milte hai
Kaaran jo hai, voh nahi hai
Aur jo nahi hai, vohin hai.
Ye keval Shabdo ki heraa-pheri nahi hai
Aur heraa-pheri hain bhi
Yehin Darshan hai
Aur isi hone naa hone, milne naa milne ke beech mein
maayaa kaa samudra hai
+Quote Post
Ashraf
post Jun 14 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Nature ji

Frankly speaking France has no chance this time.Their game is just average.I really don't know why the teams like England and France getting prominence in the media where the truth is that teams like Netherlands are way aahead of them.

Brazil disappointed everybody including diehard fans like me.

best result so far is Spains 4-0 victory against Ukrain.Inside of my heart says that this time the cup will be won by either Netherlands or Spain.

+Quote Post
deghosh
post Jun 14 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 108

Great thread. I took half a day from work yesterday to watch my favorite team (Brazil) and what a let down it was. Croatia stiffled then in the middle third and suddenly the Brazilians looked oh so ordinary. I think they were very lucky to garner full points with such a scrappy performance. But may be they are holding back, it might just be that they are playing percentage soccer and saving their best for sterner tests ahead. But all in all I am greatly dissapointed. Till now I have been very impressed with Germany, Spain and Argentina. Germany's defence looked a bit shaky though. Also Spain has this habit of playing its heart out in the group stages only to dissapoint in the knockout phases. They had been the biggest under-achievers in the history of WC Soccer.
BTW, any of you watching India/WI game. Howz the pitch behaving, any chance of India prising out the remaining seven wickets
+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Jun 15 2006, 02:54 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 402

Boy oh boy! What a thriller that Poland vs Germany turned out to be... !!! Attached Image

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
+Quote Post
ashe
post Jun 15 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 2355

Poland vs Germany. That was a real thriller, going down to the wire. Unfortunately the Poles lost to Equador & may not be able to enter the next round of the tournament.
+Quote Post
princeali
post Jun 15 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

Brazil was a let down, Ronaldo looks like he has weight issues, he wasn't effective at all, but there's still time, they should get it together against two relatively weaker sides in Australia and Japan.

France (as Ashraf bhai pointed out) seems like no real threat this time, they looked sloppy on the field, but they do have a team of veterans and are capable of giving a fight, we'll see how they do.

Netherlands and Spain are both strong, but Spain has a history of choking as Deghosh put it, the Netherlands have the team that can make some noise this year.

Poland had no offence at all, Germany should have won that match earlier but their chances didn't go through for them until the end, Ecuador who just made it to the Final 16 have faced two easy sides, and now they will find it harder in the Final 16.

I am disappointed with Del Piero's form which is why Lippi is playing all the other subs ahead of him, I hope he gets back his form in time so that he can get more playing time. This is def. not the same Del Piero of this season and of old. I think Italy should play Del Piero and Totti along with Toni, that would be the right combination and bring Gili off the bench. (although Gili has alot of speed, but this way you would have two playmakers DP and Totti to feed Toni and DP serves both as a playmaker and a striker)

I hope Italy beats the US, the big match is against the CR on Thursday, Italy have to finish first in their group.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Jun 16 2006, 06:37 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6151

Germany any day..........
The kind of aggressiveness they showed against the poles and won the match (Oh boy, Was it a thriller?), i'd say it w'd be the Germans.
Though Ronaldo looks a bit soft now, one still can't rule him out entirely, he may still be able to tilt the balance,so ,To watch a final conflict between the brasilians and germans yet again( if it so happens) wd be a dream come true.
But there is also Argentina....

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives
by altering their attitudes of mind

-William James
+Quote Post

10 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:53 PM