Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Non-film Ghazals By Noor Jehan

, Ghazal Usne Chhedi…

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Non-film Ghazals By Noor Jehan, Ghazal Usne Chhedi…
Inaam
post Jul 27 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 187

This thread is devoted to non-film ghazals sung by Madam. Starting it with a longstanding favourite of mine Tum aaey ho na shab-e-intizaar guzri hai a beautiful ghazal, penned by my favourite poet Faiz Ahmed Faiz. I am not sure about the year of recording of this ghazl, but it seems it was recorded in late 60s.

More Ghazals coming at you soon. I have lots to share, if you want any particular ghazal, feel free to write me in this thread.

Enjoy!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Jul 27 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Next One:

Aandhi chali tou naqsh-e-kaf-e-pa nahin mila
Lyrics by another my favo poet Mustufa Zaidi tongue1.gif

Enjoy!
+Quote Post
jamalf_akbar
post Jul 31 2006, 03:26 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 1156

Many thanks for 'Tum Aaye Ho' Inaam bhai. I did have a recording from record but our record was very very crackly and this has great sound. It is also a favourite of mine, I also love 'Aa Ke Wabasta Hai'.

(Sorry I haven't been participating lately, kaam to dhal gaya tha, lekin susraal ne phir surprise visit de di. My wife's Mamoo and Momani suddenly appeared at our doorstep on Monday from Faisalabad so we have been looking after them! They will be leaving on the 5th August so I should be back in action by then hopefully !)
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Jul 31 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks for your feedback, Jamal tongue1.gif (Kam se kam aik feedback tou aaya smile.gif ) I have the 60s version of 'Aa ke waabasta hain..' on a tape, if you want it, I can digitize for you.

BTW, uss list ka kya huwa jo tumne Rehmat Gramophone Faisalabad ko bheji thi?

+Quote Post
jamalf_akbar
post Aug 1 2006, 02:11 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

uss list ki to ab baat na karein - I am very disappointed with them. My brother-in-law called and said that they could only find 8 or 9 out of the total list !! He is arranging for them to copy them onto CD and send them to me, so I am just waiting for that really. As soon as I get it I will upload the songs for all to share.

Thanks for the offer for Aa ke wabasta hai, but I managed to get a great copy from the forum some time back. I can't remember who uploaded it now. The version I had of this song was also quiet crackly and had a lot of noise in the recording.
+Quote Post
Pulkit
post Aug 1 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 71

Inaam, lovely thread. BTW, I have a request. Someone intimated me that Radio Pakistan has released rare recordings of Noor Jehan, especially the 1965 war songs and ghazlas of Faiz. I'm aware that Radio Pakistan has recordings of ghazlas Noor Jehan sang for Faiz in a private Mehfil, somewhere in late 1950s, including 'mujhse pehli si', 'dono jahan teri' & 'aa ke wabasta'- all self-composed. It could be that finally these recordings are accessible. Please check with Radio Pakistan biggrin.gif It could a veritable treasure
+Quote Post
Pulkit
post Aug 1 2006, 10:41 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(jamalf_akbar @ Aug 1 2006, 02:11 AM) *

uss list ki to ab baat na karein - I am very disappointed with them. My brother-in-law called and said that they could only find 8 or 9 out of the total list !! He is arranging for them to copy them onto CD and send them to me, so I am just waiting for that really. As soon as I get it I will upload the songs for all to share.

sirf 8-9 songs blink.gif Isko kehte hain "oonchi dukaan, phikaa pakwaan' headbang.gif
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Aug 1 2006, 01:07 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Inaam, lovely thread. BTW, I have a request. Someone intimated me that Radio Pakistan has released rare recordings of Noor Jehan, especially the 1965 war songs and ghazlas of Faiz. I'm aware that Radio Pakistan has recordings of ghazlas Noor Jehan sang for Faiz in a private Mehfil, somewhere in late 1950s, including 'mujhse pehli si', 'dono jahan teri' & 'aa ke wabasta'- all self-composed. It could be that finally these recordings are accessible. Please check with Radio Pakistan It could a veritable treasure

Pulkit, I do not know about any release of NJ songs by Radio Pakistan, except Kalaam-e-Iqbal (famous poem of Sir Mohammed Iqbal, Shikwa/Jawab-e-Shikwa). As for as her patriotic songs are concerned, a whole album of her patriotic songs is available in market. ( I think more then 15 songs)

I have a tribute show (on VCD) about Noor Jehan, presented by Indus TV. They had included some short clips of ‘Mujhse pehli si mohabbat’ and ‘dono jehan teri mohabbat mein haar ke’ which Noor Jehan sang in a private mehfil, without music. Unfortunate the clips are very short and there is a awful sound in background. mad.gif

I am uploading here both the clips for you.

+Quote Post
jamalf_akbar
post Aug 3 2006, 03:28 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Inaam bhai - these clips are fantastic - what I would do to get the full versions of these. Is there any contact information on the VCD? I think I saw this programme while I was in Pakistan but my uncle did not have a video recorder ohmy.gif( Is there a film clip of the song 'Woh Khwab Sohana Toot Gaya' from Lakht-e-Jigar because I remember seeing that in a tribute programme but can't remember if it was this one. If I recall, is this the one with Sitara Devi in it?
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Aug 3 2006, 10:15 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Jamal. The clips are from a musical show of Indus TV ‘Tribute to a Legend’, following is the link of the DVD:
http://www.dukandar.com/tributetonoorjehan.html
There was a short documentary in the beginning of this show.

The show u r talking about is another program. That was actually a documentary (in three parts), it was shown on the occasion of first death Anniversary of Noor Jehan by the same TV Channel. It was produced by Muneeza Hashmi (daughter of Faiz Ahmed Faiz). It was the best documentary about Noor Jehan, I have ever seen in my life. (on second number, PTV’s Khiraj-e-Tehseen is the Best program about Noor Jehan. DVD is available), unfortunately Muneeza’s documentary is not available in market.

The interviews of Naushad & Dilp Kumar, which are included in ‘Tribute to a Legend’, are actually stolen from Muneeza’s documentary.

I am badly looking for this documentary. sad1.gif

+Quote Post
Pulkit
post Aug 3 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks Inaam, I have these clips on VCD, loved to have now on my PC biggrin.gif .Why do these TV guyz tantalize us- why don't they bring out such rare treasures- Noor Jehan's voice here is a veritable idyll.

BTW, what is on Shikwa CD unsure.gif ??
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Aug 4 2006, 11:26 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

To my knowledge, 'Shikwa/Jawab-e-Shikwa' is not vailable in CD. I have the album in cassett form.

+Quote Post
Pulkit
post Aug 4 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Dear Inaam

Would be great if you digitalize the contents of tape and upload and also provide info as to when it was sung. Just check this URL, it claims a CD of same has been released. You can also check with them for other NJ stuff. Here's the link-

http://www.radio.gov.pk/singers.htm
+Quote Post
Mukeshfan
post Aug 6 2006, 08:09 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 1211

Inaam Bhai,

Thanx for those Noor Jahaan Gems This Forum got my fully attention buddy.
I have bin lucky to get a DvD of Noor Jahaan, it is a Tv Programm of 2,5 hours what has bin digitilize and converted to DvD format

It is called: Unforgetable Memories of Noor Jahaan And NFAK.
From supreme Collection.
With 26 songs on it as e.g.:
- Hum hai na gul
- Ve ek tera pyar
- Chand hanse
- Chandni Raat
- Lo Chal diya
- Mahi ve mahi
- Sone di taveri
- Uff allah bedard na
- Silsile tod gaye

AND OFCOURS MUJHE PEHLISI WOH MOHABBAT.

Lett me know if these are common to you all
and if you want some more details I think INAAM has it in his collection.

Regards,
MUKESHFAN

Ke deke jeh awaaz koi har ghari bulaye phir jaye joh uspaar kabhi laut ke na aye
jeh bhed hai kaisa koyee kuchh to bataana dhundenge har jagaah par kal tera thikaana
AA LAUT KE AAJA MERE MEET TUJHE MERE GEET BULATE HAI !!
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Aug 6 2006, 12:48 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pulkit @ Aug 4 2006, 07:30 PM) *

Dear Inaam

Would be great if you digitalize the contents of tape and upload and also provide info as to when it was sung. Just check this URL, it claims a CD of same has been released. You can also check with them for other NJ stuff. Here's the link-

http://www.radio.gov.pk/singers.htm

Pulkit, thanks for the link. This is news to me. I will definitely try to get these CDs.

The cassette contains three items, sung by three different singers. Noor Jehan, Um-e-kulsoom (legendary Egyptian singer) and a male singer (I forgot the name).

Noor Jehan sang some excerpts from Iqbal’s poems ‘Shikwa’ & ‘Jawab-e-shikwa’. Miyan Shehryar composed music. It is about 20 minutes recording. I guess it was recorded in mid 70s.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:51 PM