Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Gurdas Mann

, His contribution to Punjabi music

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gurdas Mann, His contribution to Punjabi music
ANT6
post May 9 2005, 04:35 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 783

Gurdas Mann

The actor

Initially he decided to plunge into the movie scene through the Punjabi film circuit. And although, he was an established singer, acting wasn't all that new to him since he had done some stage plays. Though he was appreciated for his roles, he somehow always ended up playing light roles similar to that of his real life. That led him away from experimenting and caused him to pay less and less attention to movies and more to singing. Nevertheless, some of the movies he worked in are Mamla Gadbad Hai, Long Da Lashkara, Ki Banu Duniya Da, Chora Haryana Da, Qurbani Jatt Di, Ucha Dar Babbe Nanak Da, Pratigya, Kachehri, Dushmani Di Agg, Baghaavat, Gabroo Punjab Da. He got the challenge of playing a role in a movie that went on to be a blockbuster. The name of that movie is Shaheed-E-Mohabbat.

KISI NE KAHA HAI MERE DOSTO
BURA MAT SUNO BURA MAT DEKHO BURA MAT KAHO
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ANT6
post May 9 2005, 04:39 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

On Music Career Of Gurdas Mann

One quality that Gurdas Maan abundantly possesses is musical longevity. Having entralled audiences since the early 80's the Punjabi singer comes up with surprises even today. Back in the late seventies he pioneered the pop bhangra craze along with Malkiat Singh. Today almost two decades after he burst on the scene, Gurdas Maan has crowds swaying to his earthy style of singing and his vibrant presence on television.

"I believe in my music, and my culture is based on my music. Though I use modern Instruments, all my melodies have roots in rural Punjab" says Maan.

Starting off in 1979 doing programs for Doordarshan, Maan hit big time with Dil Da Mamla Hai and since then he has never looked back. Hits like Mamla Gadbad Hai, Chakkar and Vah Ni Jawaniya have enthralled listeners.Gurdasmaan has had the exposure of working with some of the best music directors in the country and his talent is given due respect by them too. To name a few, he's worked with the likes of Khaiyyam, Nadeem Shravan, Laxmikant Pyarelal, Charanjeet Ahuja, Jasvant Bhanvra, etc.

And if that's not credit enough, he's been a very versatile singer too, for he has sung songs in Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Haryanvi and Rajasthani as well.

+Quote Post
ANT6
post May 9 2005, 05:04 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

"Apna punjab hove" is one of my all time favourite songs of Gurdas Mann

Other songs of his that i like that i can think of at the moment is

Challa
Sajna ve sajna
Allah hoo
Mamla garbad hai
Kamli yaar di kamli

just to name a few

+Quote Post
waqas
post May 9 2005, 05:37 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 1906

i agree, he is a class act.
apna pujab is a very good song. especially the lyrics are
very good, only a panjabi can appreciate that song.

challa is special.
very moving and pure folk.
+Quote Post
maheshks
post May 11 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1790

Anyone has his song "chugliyan chugliyan"

When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others
+Quote Post
Sharad
post May 16 2005, 10:31 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

mahesh
what a song you just mentioned
i listened to that song when i was like 8-9 years old in india
early 90s i think
chugliyaan chugliyaan

damn i gotta find it in a store somewhere

+Quote Post
ANT6
post May 17 2005, 06:09 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Its on the album "BEST OF GURDAS MANN vol 2"

+Quote Post
zippoo
post May 17 2005, 06:45 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1791

I have his Chugliyan album. If it doesn't violate any guidelines, will be a pleasure to upload it.

Utna Hee Upkaar Samajh Koyi Jitna Saath Nibha De
Janam Maran Ka Meyl Hai Sapna Yeh Sapna Bisra De
+Quote Post
maheshks
post May 17 2005, 08:42 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1790

Thanks antji for P.M.

Thanks zippoo got it from antji

clap1.gif

When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others
+Quote Post
Guru
post May 17 2005, 09:11 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 639

Gurdas Maan is one of the best. His song challa is a classic and holds a place in my heart. Gadar copied the story of Shaheed E Mohabbat except for the fight and all its was a ditto copy and sunny got great reviews and so did the director.

He is a very good singer has changed to keep up with the generation. Apna punjab hove Kar di sharab hoye is a awesome song also.

Guru
+Quote Post
ANT6
post May 18 2005, 06:11 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Guess who is making a debut in Bollywood? Gurdas Mann. The Bhangra king, who for years has entertained Punjabi listeners with his mellifluous songs as well as his robust bhangra numbers. The Punjabi film Shaheed-e-Mohabbat Bhoota Singh produced by him did quite well. Now the renowned singer-actor is all set to step into Hindi films. His debut Hindi film casts him in a romantic lead opposite none other than Tabu. The film, Zindagi Khoobsoorat Hai , dwells into a relationship between a spastic child and a singer, says Mann. His wife Manjit Mann, an actress herself, had thought about the concept. Mann claims that he has met a lot of spastic children many of whom throng at his concerts in wheel chairs. So there is a personal touch to the entire project, is it?

Tabu was undoubtedly the first choice for the lead female role. His wife was sure that Tabu was the only one who could do justice to the role, a fine actress that she is. Mann also adds that Tabu had seen his earlier work and readily agreed to work opposite him in Zindagi Khoobsoorat Hain. Besides Gurdas Mann and Tabu, the film stars Divya Dutta, Ashish Vidyarthi and Rajat Kapoor in key roles. Music would be scored by Anand Raaj Anand and is being directed by Manoj Ounj, who also directed Shaheed-e-mohhabat Bhoota Singh.

Gurdas Mann is singing three songs in the film - two solos and a duet with Alka Yagnik. The character of the spastic child would be played by yet another little newcomer named Chandni. She had earlier modeled for the Parle-G Biscuit ad. Gurdas sent her to the Dilkush School in Juhu, where she had to spend a month observing how spastic children behave.

As for playback singing in Hindi films, Mann is always game for it. But his prior commitments for shows have kept him tied up. The Bhangra King might be a new comer in Bollywood but he has almost 15 Punjabi films up his sleeves and has also dabbled in theatre.

Source: bollywoodworld.com

+Quote Post
Shahid Hussain
post Jan 20 2012, 09:03 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 26871

Good News For The Punjabi Songs Lovers And Rafi Fans!
The World`s First Ever Book On Muhammad Rafiji`S Punjabi Songs Is Under Publication Which Will Cover All The Punjabi Songs Sung By Muhammad Rafi For Punjabi Films Or Non-Films. Bhajans, Ashloks And All Other Devotional Songs Are Included.The Detail Will Soon Be Posted.

Regards
Shahid Hussain
Lahore
singer.rafi@gmail.com
Visit Muhammad Rafi Group
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:38 AM