Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Welcome To S.d.batish Forum

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome To S.d.batish Forum
usrafian
post Aug 5 2005, 05:06 PM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1776

[quote=Ashwin Batish,Aug 4 2005, 11:04 AM]
USRAFIAN Saahab,

I appreciate your welcome and thank you for the kind words. I have forwarded your "Charan Sparsh" to my father and he sends you his blessings.[/quote]

[/quote]

Sir,

I am fulfilled - mein dhanya hua.

wow!! what a beautiful pic. & article by Shri Batish Sahab, thanks for guiding to the site
Attached Image
bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif

Dil Shaad Tha Ke Phool Khilenge Bahaar Mein
Maaraa Gaya Garib Isee Aitbaar Mein
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Binod
post Aug 5 2005, 06:44 PM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 953

Ashwin:

Thanks for introducing your Dad to us. I was stuck up with so much of Mohammed Rafi, I did not even have the time to rediscover a hidden flower like your Dad. I must admit he had a great voice and style of singing including a good range. Although he sang such a long time ago, surprisingly both the type of voice he projected and his style of singing appear to be so much ahead of time and they sound very modern and contemporary.

I must congratulate you in having such a great Dad. May God grant him even more longevity so that we can forward to receiving his blessings and guidance for many more years to come.

Thanks again.

Binod.

धन्यबाद

——

विनोद

"If music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die."

— From Twelfth Night (I, i,1-3)
+Quote Post
Ashwin Batish
post Aug 5 2005, 10:09 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 2839

Many thanks GKji,
This whole thing is such a rewarding and heartwarming experience! I am daily briefing my father and the rest of the family on the posts and the old songs that are being uploaded. I cannot describe the glow on everyone's faces here. They are simply exhilarated and we all feel so connected to a missing part of our lives. So thank you one and all bow.gif

My father sends his blessings and has just finished hearing the Qawalli you uploaded. It sound amazingly vibrant for a low res bit rate. Please add any more if you have them. I would appreciate a higher bit rate copy for our archives so if anyone has that you can either post it here or email it directly to me at info@batish.com

Warm regards,
Ashwin Batish

QUOTE(gkshyam @ Aug 4 2005, 06:29 AM)
A Very warm welcome to Ashwin Ji bow.gif And my humble Pranaams to Pandit Ji bow.gif

Here's the song that everybody has been talking about.

Song: Na Toh Kaarwaan Ki Talaash Hai
Film: Barsaat Ki Raat (1960)
Music: Roshan (Nagrath)
Lyrics: Sahir Ludhianvi
Singers: Mohd. Rafi,Manna Dey,Shiv Dayal Batish,Asha Bhonsle,Sudha Malhotra & Chorus

Enjoy the song!!!!!! thumbs-up.gif smile1.gif

+Quote Post
dharmvir
post Aug 5 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1860

QUOTE(Ashwin Batish @ Aug 5 2005, 10:09 PM)
Many thanks GKji,
This whole thing is such a rewarding and heartwarming experience! I am daily briefing my father and the rest of the family on the posts and the old songs that are being uploaded. I cannot describe the glow on everyone's faces here. They are simply exhilarated and we all feel so connected to a missing part of our lives. So thank you one and all  bow.gif

My father sends his blessings and has just finished hearing the Qawalli you uploaded. It sound amazingly vibrant for a low res bit rate. Please add any more if you have them. I would appreciate a higher bit rate copy for our archives so if anyone has that you can either post it here or email it directly to me at info@batish.com

Warm regards,
Ashwin Batish

A Very warm welcome to Ashwin Ji bow.gif And my humble Pranaams to Pandit Ji bow.gif

Singers: Mohd. Rafi,Manna Dey,Shiv Dayal Batish,Asha Bhonsle,Sudha Malhotra & Chorus

dear ashwin ji,
I have uploaded two songs from Toofan and I request if you have these in better qwality please upload.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Aug 6 2005, 01:23 AM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 2035

Ashwin Ji.....Its my pleasure to have shared that wonderful song.... Humaari Soubhaagya hai....Thanks so much to Pandit Ji....for having blessed me.... Main Dhanya Ho gaya.... smile1.gif

Yes, if possible, I will most happily upload the song in a better bitrate. Let me check out. And yes.....do share with us the wonderful experiences of yor father, in connection with this song.... smile1.gif

Love Music....... LOVE GK
+Quote Post
anurag
post Aug 6 2005, 11:11 AM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 550

QUOTE(Ashwin Batish @ Aug 1 2005, 03:39 PM)
Dear Friends,

It is a great pleasure to see this level of discussion and participation on our rich musical heritage.
<snipped>
I present to you all this small "tofaa" of my fathers upcoming CD of Ghazals. It is a special gift to you all to listen and enjoy. The full CD is set to be released around December. I will be happy to let you all know of this.

<snipped>

Ashwin

I am very fond of your Sitar Power series albums. By combining sitar with the new age funky fusion, you have managed to create a new genre that I must have introduced to many of my friends.

This ghazal that you uploaded is sung very well and the sitar playing of your father (or, is it you?) was charming. Who sang it?

It is extremely heartening to see you here among us music lovers. Welcome!

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
+Quote Post
Ashwin Batish
post Aug 6 2005, 01:49 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

QUOTE(dharmvir @ Aug 5 2005, 10:12 AM)
Many thanks GKji,
This whole thing is such a rewarding and heartwarming experience! I am daily briefing my father and the rest of the family on the posts and the old songs that are being uploaded. I cannot describe the glow on everyone's faces here. They are simply exhilarated and we all feel so connected to a missing part of our lives. So thank you one and all  bow.gif

Warm regards,
Ashwin Batish

dear ashwin ji,
I have uploaded two songs from Toofan and I request if you have these in better qwality please upload.

Dear Dharmvirji

My greatest thanks to you and our forum members for helping preserve these songs. It is such selfless effort that puts an exclamation mark on our rich heritage. I hope we can together fill the void in my father's collection. I will try, in the next few weeks, to locate and upload some from my existing collection that was presented by some of the fans on RMIM.

I will be extremely greatful if you could help as best you can on any of my father's older panjabi songs (from 1936 - 1950). Especially the ones he recorded during his time in Lahore pre 1947. We literally have none of these. If you visit his web site at http://sdbatish.com/ go to filmography link and you'll see that I have started putting together a collection of his various movies. I also realise this will not happen in a few days or months. I will be patient and as we all bring forth this information to the forum I look forard to having this great ride smile1.gif

Being as you are in the heart of Panjab, India, how hard is it to get prints of old Indian movies? Is there a source one can rely on?

Also, my father mentions that he would personally give his copies of records to Radio Ceylon. Do you or anyone else reading this know what hapened to the station and specifically the large record and tape collection it housed? Can one still get copies out of this entity?

My best wishes,
Ashwin Batish
+Quote Post
Ashwin Batish
post Aug 6 2005, 02:08 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE(anurag @ Aug 5 2005, 10:41 PM)
QUOTE(Ashwin Batish @ Aug 1 2005, 03:39 PM)
Dear Friends,

It is a great pleasure to see this level of discussion and participation on our rich musical heritage.
<snipped>
I present to you all this small "tofaa" of my fathers upcoming CD of Ghazals. It is a special gift to you all to listen and enjoy. The full CD is set to be released around December. I will be happy to let you all know of this.

<snipped>

Ashwin

I am very fond of your Sitar Power series albums. By combining sitar with the new age funky fusion, you have managed to create a new genre that I must have introduced to many of my friends.

This ghazal that you uploaded is sung very well and the sitar playing of your father (or, is it you?) was charming. Who sang it?

It is extremely heartening to see you here among us music lovers. Welcome!

Anurag,

Thank you for your comments on my Sitar Power series albums. I have a thrid one in the works. My family humorously calls my releases the " Das Varshi Yojanaa" I get so busy doing other things that the past two releases were 10 years apart and the new one is similarly coming out after almost 10 years of the 2nd album. I am fusing Funk, jazz, calypso etc in this one and having a ball doing it.

On your question of my upload. ..... I am sorry i did not make this clear but here are the credits

Vocals by : S.D. Batish
Sitar, Tabla,sequencing, arrangement and mixdown - Ashwin Batish
Music composed by S.D Batish
Words by S.D. Batish
Based on a Carnatic Raga Paavankari of the Paavani Mela #41

I am working on releasing a new CD of Ghazals like the one above in December.

Glad you liked it smile1.gif My father's new stuff really is awesome.

Best wishes,
Ashwin Batish
+Quote Post
usrafian
post Aug 8 2005, 01:24 PM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1776

Dear Friends,

U/loading a song
By – Rafi Sahab+S.D.Batish Sahab+Manmohanji
MD-Madan Mohan Sahab
Film-Railway Platform

Dekh Tere Bhagwaan Kii Haalat Kyaa Ho Gaii Insaan
Kitnaa Badal Gaya Bhagwaan

Sun Kar Iss Paapi Ko Taano
Badal Na Lijo Apano Thokano
Mhaaro Tahaarho Prem Purano
Hum Hain Thailey Tum Ho Khazaano

Bharte Rahiyo Das Kii Jhollo
Dete Rahiyo Daan,
Tumhaari Jay Jay Ho Bhagwaan

Dil Shaad Tha Ke Phool Khilenge Bahaar Mein
Maaraa Gaya Garib Isee Aitbaar Mein
+Quote Post
fiftysomeone
post Aug 8 2005, 05:50 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 2341

Many thanks GKji,
Warm regards,
Ashwin Batish

Ashwin sahab,
It is a privilege to have you on this forum. I am uploading a higher bitrate version of the Na To Karawan qawwali, though I am not sure how much better it is than the one u/led earlier. The length is 11:53, extracted file size about 11MB.
Incidentally, some of us are in fact close to your age bracket!
Regards,
50Some1

+Quote Post
fiftysomeone
post Aug 8 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Member No.: 2341

QUOTE(usrafian @ Aug 8 2005, 01:24 PM)
Dear Friends,
U/loading a song
MD-Madan Mohan Sahab
Film-Railway Platform

This song is remarkably similar in concept to the song sung by Kavi Pradeep (MD C. Ramchandra) in the film Nastik from around the same time (mid-1950's):

Dekh Tere Sansaar Ki Haalat Kya Ho Gai Bhagwan, Kitna Badal Gaya Insaan.

Interesting indeed!
Cheers.
+Quote Post
Ashwin Batish
post Aug 9 2005, 01:20 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

Awesome quality usrafian sahab. bow.gif

The copy I had was courtesy indianscreen.com. This one is so much better. Great sampling too. Seems as though it was taken from the movie clip? Very funny part by my father. His is the raspy voice singing "Sun Kar Iss Paapi ...". I never saw the movie. Do you know if it is available?

Best wishes,
Ashwin Batish
QUOTE(usrafian @ Aug 8 2005, 12:54 AM)
Dear Friends,

U/loading a song
MD-Madan Mohan Sahab
Film-Railway Platform

Sun Kar Iss Paapi Ko Taano
Badal Na Lijo Apano Thokano
Mhaaro Tahaarho Prem Purano
Hum Hain Thailey Tum Ho Khazaano

Bharte Rahiyo Das Kii Jhollo
Dete Rahiyo Daan,
Tumhaari Jay Jay Ho Bhagwaan

+Quote Post
Ashwin Batish
post Aug 9 2005, 09:23 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

Dear 50some1ji,

My most sincere thanks for your upload. bow.gif This was indeed a very well sampled version. The 128k mp3 format is almost necessay to keep decent quality. wmas I find do a better job at 128k.I did a test in my studio and the wma compression at 128k retained the higher end much better. mp3s have a bass enhance effect. They are great if you have a shrilly sounding piece the mp3 will make it sound warmer. Most of the pieces I've received in the past have been in much lower resolutions but it was still great to hear the pieces!

Anyway, thanks again for your contribution I look forward to many more such inputs.

Best wishes,
Ashwin Batish

QUOTE(fiftysomeone @ Aug 8 2005, 05:20 AM)
Many thanks GKji,
Warm regards,
Ashwin Batish

Ashwin sahab,
It is a privilege to have you on this forum. I am uploading a higher bitrate version of the Na To Karawan qawwali, though I am not sure how much better it is than the one u/led earlier. The length is 11:53, extracted file size about 11MB.
Incidentally, some of us are in fact close to your age bracket!
Regards,
50Some1

+Quote Post
hits
post Aug 9 2005, 09:24 AM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 688

Ashwin,

Let me add on my "welcome to you" (onto HF). We are indeed very lucky to have you in our midst. Panditji's duets with Rafi from Railway Platform (Dekh Tere Bhagwaan Ki Haalat), Baalam (Duniya Waalon Mujhe Bataao), Humaari Manzil (Woh Aur Zamaana Tha...with Rafi and Geeta Dutt) and many many more really were the essence of the golden era of Hindi film music.

Personally, I think Panditji and Chitalkar Ramachandra were some of the pioneers of the form of singing that since became popular through the late 50s and early 60s.

Please convey my deepest regards to the great soul.

Thank you
Hithesh
+Quote Post
mohd2004
post Aug 9 2005, 07:15 PM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 419

Hi Ashwin-ji,

I just discovered this thread and extremely happy to welcome you on Hamara Forums. Please convey my regards to Pandit-ji and we are very lucky to have him here.

As a dedication to this site, I have posted one rare duet of Rafi Saheb & S.D. Batish-ji from the film BALAM (1949) under Rafi Classics thread.
Details are:

-Duniya walo mujhe batao kya hai sacha pyaar....

Music: Husunlal Bhagatram

This can be downloaded from here:-

Balam-1949-Duniya walo mujhe batao...

Best regards,

Mohd.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:46 PM