Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Miss 56

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Miss 56
Yasmin
post Mar 10 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2806

[/quote]
There is no such cover on my cassette! The cover is of TDK B 60 plain cassette! sad.gif
[/quote]

yeah u have already told this. all what i asked you was if the songs are in the same order as on this cover of a very limited rare edition of EMI cassette ???

Hum Tujhe Bhool ke Khush Baithe hain
Hum sa....Bedard.....Koi....kya.....hoga !
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
surhall
post Mar 10 2008, 02:14 PM
Post #47

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 86

sangeet ka safar have own words.

shayad aap logon nay Nahid Niazi ko ziyada suna nahi . she had 90% similar voice to Geeta Dutt. In fact she was called Geeta Pakistan

dhall
+Quote Post
Yasmin
post Mar 10 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

[/quote]

I have also heard this song " Ek baat sunati hoon" and I have no doubt its 100 % Geeta Dutt Ji and I fully agree with Mahesh Bhai and Parag.

Please do not just go by song titles/sleeve notes, please give a second hearing to such songs, there are so many examples of errors made in the past by recording companies like HMV/EMI and corrected later.

Hats off to Erum Ji for getting the rarest of rare song of Geeta Ji.

Mohd. M.
[/quote]
Mirsa JI .. with all due respect i just wanna ask u one question.
you said EMI made several errors, i totally agree to it as i have ALL EMI Pakistani FILMS Relaesed Cassettes at my Uncle Dr.Bukhari's Library. I repeat Every single release of Pakistani Film by EMI/HMV all arranged by Serial Numbers. I humbly wanna request all of you to plz plz point a single error of naming a Pakistani singer as an Indian singer in entire Pak released collection of EMI Pakistan. Im 200% sure u cant point out a single such error. Now i tell u the reason for it. EMI/HMV operated in both India n Pakistan (and offcourse in many many other countries) as absolutely independant organisations. The one in India had nothing to intervene in Pak as far as recording sources and materials are concerned..and even at administration level both run separately. So none of them labelled any Indian singers as Pak singer and vice versa. Yes i agree they sometimes typed Mehdi Hassan as Munir Hussain or more examples like this but NEVER a Pak singer was labelled as Indian singer cuz it was simply out of their jurisdiction. Else i'll ask you to post any single EMI cassette cover of a Pak movie inwhich any Pak singer is mistyped as Indian singer. Hope u all are getting my point.. EMI in General Zia period (when he allowed a couple of Indian movies to be released in Pak cuz of certain reason.. viz. Noor Jehan n Kashish) did release some 100 titles of India in Pakistan but its to be noted that all of them were just a reproduction of Indian cassettes with same printing as released in India and even in them u wont be able to find a single Indian artist to be labelled as Pak artist. So plz This EMI cassette whose copy is reached to Erum Ji should be treated as Pakistani as i have given u its detailed list of songs in cover ..and the singer should be treated as Nahid Niazi ...and not Geet Dutt though in my ranking Geeta is ranked way above Nahid Niazi. Am sorry if i hurt anyone but believe me narrating the facts should not be compromised.
(words of Dr.Bukhari..by keyboard of Yasmin)
Special thanx to Surhall for recognistion of voice and great memory smile1.gif
Regards
Yasmin.

+Quote Post
surhall
post Mar 10 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #49

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

SANGEET KA SAFAR U/L SOME SONG SINGER Nahid Niaz( AS pakistan geeta dutt)

1--Ayyaz (1961)
music--Khwaja Khurshid Anwar
geetkaar--Tanvir Naqvi

2-Ghunghat (1962)

geetkaar--Tanvir Naqvi

2--Jhoomer (1959)

geetkaar--Qateel Shifai

as per muisc lover find pakistani geetta dutt.

dhall
+Quote Post
Yasmin
post Mar 10 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

wah wah wah..
bahut khoob Chachu smile1.gif
ye hui na baat ...
despite variations on a theme i can very well feel a Geeta touch in Nahid Niazi enuf to misled people that its Geeta especially in very old scrappy or wavy recordings as did a few users here. Thanx a lot for posting these Gems of Khwaja Khurshid Anwar, The Best of Pak music directors and arguably among the few best in pre-partion India.
Regards
Yasmin.

+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Mar 13 2008, 01:13 AM
Post #51

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

So Mahesh, Mohd bhai

That song "Ek baat sunati hoon" is not by Geeta ji ? I am really surprised and disppointed to say the least. I had known about Subir Sen, Dwijen Mukherjee having voices very similar to that of Hemantda. For the first time, we have heard a voice that is so similar to that of Geeta ji.

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
Ummer
post Mar 17 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

Member No.: 1784

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Mar 12 2008, 02:43 PM) *

So Mahesh, Mohd bhai

That song "Ek baat sunati hoon" is not by Geeta ji ? I am really surprised and disppointed to say the least. I had known about Subir Sen, Dwijen Mukherjee having voices very similar to that of Hemantda. For the first time, we have heard a voice that is so similar to that of Geeta ji.

Although I havent downloaded the song.. but I think it is easy to confuse Geeta's voice with Nahid Niazi's voice. If Mahesh remembers.. long time ago I posted a Quiz on SKS.. a song from Pakistani Film "Aakhri Nishan" (1958) "Hum bhi awaara panchi or tum bhi aawara".. and I asked if someone can guess if the song is Indian or Pakistani and who the singers is? And Mahesh replied that the singer can be either Geeta Dutt or Meenal Wagh.. and then I told him that the singer is Nahid Niazi.

Ummer.
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Mar 17 2008, 08:41 AM
Post #53

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(Ummer @ Mar 16 2008, 08:00 PM) *

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Mar 12 2008, 02:43 PM) *

So Mahesh, Mohd bhai

Although I havent downloaded the song.. but I think it is easy to confuse Geeta's voice with Nahid Niazi's voice. If Mahesh remembers.. long time ago I posted a Quiz on SKS.. a song from Pakistani Film "Aakhri Nishan" (1958) "Hum bhi awaara panchi or tum bhi aawara".. and I asked if someone can guess if the song is Indian or Pakistani and who the singers is? And Mahesh replied that the singer can be either Geeta Dutt or Meenal Wagh.. and then I told him that the singer is Nahid Niazi.

Ummer.

Ummer ji, thanks so much for the clarifincation. I am really surprised that Nahid Niazi ji's voice is so close to Geeta ji's voice. Even expert Geeta ji fans are not able to identify the difference.

Till date I only knew about Subir Sen, Dwijen Mukherjee whose voices resembled to the voice of Hemantda.

Thanks once again

Best Regards
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
tumtum_tajik
post Apr 21 2008, 08:38 PM
Post #54

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 34702

It is for your kind information that i have seen this film also, the song has been sung not only by geeta ji naheed niyazi also sings its a duet not in a single voice, despite of the fact there is a big combination between geeta ji and naheed ji's voice,

your kind attention is needed in the song, geeta ji starts the song very very first as under:

Geeta Ji sings:
ik baat sunti hun - kisi se na kehna - kisi se na kehna.

kehte sharmati hun- kisi se na kehna - kisi se na kehne.

Naheed ji sings:
tum samne ate ho - dil may yun yun hota hai.
tum samne ate ho - dil may yun yun hota hai.

tum doo chale jate ho - dil dhadak dhadak rota hai.
aur mai ghabrati hum - kisi se na kehna - kisi se na kehna.

so dont be confused, the song with the music lovers having it taged as Geeta Ji & Naheed Ji's duet, including me.

regards,
waheed.
+Quote Post
Yasmin
post Apr 24 2008, 01:10 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

La Haul Wala Quwwat..
just tell me onething plz..
Nahid Niazi never went to India for this song
and Geeta Dutt never came to Pakistan...
then how come this duet recorded?

+Quote Post
surhall
post Apr 24 2008, 01:22 AM
Post #56

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Yasmin @ Apr 24 2008, 01:10 AM) *

La Haul Wala Quwwat..
just tell me onething plz..
Nahid Niazi never went to India for this song
and Geeta Dutt never came to Pakistan...
then how come this duet recorded?

THIS IS RIGHT< EVERBEEN GEETA DUT JI IN PAKISTAN????

dhall
+Quote Post
tumtum_tajik
post Apr 24 2008, 08:58 AM
Post #57

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 34702

Coooooooooool Yasmin ji,
I have thoroughly studied this topic, you are always seen in the fighting mood,
in the film its a duet ok, its confirm because my self has seen it.

on the other hand you are saying the singer is not Geeta ji,
you are requested to follow the link of Mr. Surjit Singh's website, who has never ever seen in this forum/disscussion. recently he has posted the same song on his website you can also download the songs too.

now tell me who told Mr. Surjit Singh that the singer is Geeta ji?

here is the link.
http://hindi-films-songs.com/khawar-038.html

waheed
+Quote Post
Ummer
post Apr 26 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

For me it is hard to believe that this song was sung by Naheed Niazi. Irfan Anwar (Khurshid Anwar's son) told me that Naheed Niazi first ever song was for film Ayaz (1961) -- Mil gaya dil ko qaraar. I am quoting Irfan Anwar below:-

"Mil gaya dil ko qaraar is the FIRST song of Nahid Niazi. In fact Ayyaz started alongwith Zehr-e-Ishq in 1957 but released in 1961 due to a court case."

So, I am doubtful that the Pakistani versions of these songs were sung by Naheed Niazi.

This post has been edited by Ummer: Apr 26 2008, 11:30 PM
+Quote Post
smahesh
post Apr 27 2008, 01:42 PM
Post #59

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 36984

i am still of the opinion that it is a geeta solo.there are many single singer songs which are picturised on two actresses as a duet.nowhere in the song do i feel that it can be any other singer.

regards,
mahesh
+Quote Post
Ummer
post Jan 2 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

QUOTE(smahesh @ Apr 27 2008, 02:12 AM) *

i am still of the opinion that it is a geeta solo.there are many single singer songs which are picturised on two actresses as a duet.nowhere in the song do i feel that it can be any other singer.

regards,
mahesh

Can some upload the songs from this album again please? Mahesh? Erum? Parag Sankla?

Thanks,

Ummer.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:05 AM