Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Aliens

, Are we alone in this Universe?

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aliens, Are we alone in this Universe?
Reeth
post Nov 10 2006, 05:37 PM
Post #76

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6151

slight deviation from the above discussion.....

Source: Your Guide to UFOs /Aliens

LATEST UFO SIGHTING REPORTS

TENNESSE- OCTOBER 24

The witness was driving to work when he saw a round glowing object in the sky.
the sight of the UFO would come and go because of trees on the landscape between
him and the object.finally he lost sight of the object, but after he arrived at his work
spot , it appeared again.He could hear no sounds or see no lights, but states that the
object was black.

WASHINGTON- NOVEMBER 2

The witness was travelling East on Highway 7, when he saw a star/triangle shaped
object with sready lights. the witness has seen many aircrafts before, living close to
the McCord Air Base, but never an object like the one reported.The object moved
through the sky until it suddenly disappeared.

There were sightings earlier on the 17 th October and 22nd October............many more earlier

Going by the frequency of the reports there seems regular traffiking(excuse the spelling) of UFOs
(different shapes and sizes too)at all times.......LOL biggrin.gif
they seem to come and go as they please.....
There is a sighting every other day.............now we have to wait for the day when they decide to
make a grand landing at Heathrow or Mumbai.........or may be at namma Bengaluru?? wink2.gif

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives
by altering their attitudes of mind

-William James
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Nov 10 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #77

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2066

Reeth, which year are these events from? Not this year I believe?
UFOs are in love with USA. Thet are only seen there.
That's because since the Star Wars program, US govt has been trying out lot of advanced aircraft manouvres. The general public cannot be informed as these are top secret weapons.

Self - belief is the most potent force.
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Nov 10 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #78

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

I remember watching a tv serial on Star Plus some years back called X Files and it had paranormal activity based stories apparently said to be true stories! A few of the episodes were on UFOs. Intriguing but I difficult to digest mad.gif

And like Mandrake said I wonder why UFOs seem to love only US, and they seem to short cut all other places and prefer the skies there! Wonder why mad.gif
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Nov 10 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #79

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Told you why, na? angry.gif
When the public outcry became too loud to ignore over frequent sightings, the US govt set up a mission called Project Bluebook, which systematically proceeded to investigate each report of sighting and concluded that each and every sighting was an illusion!!
That even whole plane-loads of passengers reported UFOs flying next to their aircraft was explained away as lightning bouncing off the nearby clouds -- on perfect weather nights!!

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Nov 10 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #80

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ailaaaaaaaa aisa kya wacko.gif Sigh why do I never see any when I fly the skies mad.gif I even flew the American skies on their horrible mini planes doh.gif UFOs ko chorro the airhostesses bhi layak nahi they dekhne tongue1.gif ofc Stewards to wub.gif
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Nov 10 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #81

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6151

QUOTE(Mandrake @ Nov 10 2006, 06:41 PM) *

Reeth, which year are these events from? Not this year I believe?
UFOs are in love with USA. Thet are only seen there.
That's because since the Star Wars program, US govt has been trying out lot of advanced aircraft manouvres. The general public cannot be informed as these are top secret weapons.

Reports for 2006....

QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 10 2006, 06:54 PM) *

I remember watching a tv serial on Star Plus some years back called X Files and it had paranormal activity based stories apparently said to be true stories! A few of the episodes were on UFOs. Intriguing but I difficult to digest mad.gif

And like Mandrake said I wonder why UFOs seem to love only US, and they seem to short cut all other places and prefer the skies there! Wonder why mad.gif

Egsatly.......they are never seen at places like gundlupet biggrin.gif ................or may be we are an ignorant lot where UFOs are concerned sleep.gif

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives
by altering their attitudes of mind

-William James
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Nov 10 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #82

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Egsatly.......they are never seen at places like gundlupet biggrin.gif ................or may be we are an ignorant lot where UFOs are concerned IPB Image

Or mebbe we see it as some kind of charisma in the sky - Bhagwaan aaya hai light ke roop! Everyone will go and prostrate before the Light in the Sky(aka UFO - wonder what the aliens must be thinking doh.gif )
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Nov 10 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #83

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

may be we are an ignorant lot where UFOs are concerned

Are we really?
Do you think americans are more advanced than Indians?
A country where, as late as 1988, a public poll showed that 54% of the americans did not know whether the earth went around the sun or vice versa?
Or watch Richard O'Brian's The Crystal Maze, where they routinely failed tests as simple as 9 x 6 =?

+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Jan 9 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #84

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 120

Scientist: NASA found life on Mars -- and killed it

POSTED: 6:44 a.m. EST, January 8, 2007

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Two NASA space probes that visited Mars 30 years ago may have found alien microbes on the Red Planet and inadvertently killed them, a scientist is theorizing.

The Viking space probes of 1976-77 were looking for the wrong kind of life, so they didn't recognize it, a geology professor at Washington State University said.

Dirk Schulze-Makuch presented his theory in a paper delivered at a meeting of the American Astronomical Society in Seattle, Washington.

The paper was released Sunday.

Based on a more expansive view of where life can take root, the paper's findings may prompt NASA to look for a different type of Martian life when its next spacecraft to visit Mars is launched later this year, one of the space agency's top scientists said.

Last month, scientists excitedly reported that new photographs of Mars showed geologic changes that suggest water occasionally flows there -- the most tantalizing sign that Mars is hospitable to life.

In the 1970s, the Viking mission found no signs of life.

But it was looking for Earth-like life, in which salt water is the internal liquid of living cells.

Given the cold dry conditions of Mars, life could have evolved on Mars with the key internal fluid consisting of a mix of water and hydrogen peroxide, said Schulze-Makuch.

That's because a water-hydrogen peroxide mix stays liquid at very low temperatures, or -68 degrees Fahrenheit, and doesn't destroy cells when it freezes. It can suck water vapor out of the air.

The Viking experiments of the 1970s wouldn't have noticed hydrogen peroxide-based life and, in fact, would have killed it by drowning and overheating the microbes, said Schulze-Makuch.

One Viking experiment seeking life on Mars poured water on soil. That would have essentially drowned hydrogen peroxide-based life, he said. And different experiment heated the soil to see if something would happen which would have baked Martian microbes.

"The problem was that they didn't have any clue about the environment on Mars at that time," Schulze-Makuch said. "This kind of adaptation makes sense from a biochemical viewpoint."

Even Earth has something somewhat related. He points to an Earth bug called the bombardier beetle that produces a boiling-hot spray that is 25 percent hydrogen peroxide as a defense weapon.

Schulze-Makuch acknowledges he can't prove that Martian microbes exist, but given the Martian environment and how evolution works, "it makes sense."

In recent years, scientists have found life on Earth in conditions that were once thought too harsh, such as an ultra-acidic river in Spain and ice-covered lakes in Antarctica.

Schulze-Makuch's research coincides with work being completed by a National Research Council panel nicknamed the "weird life" committee. The group worries that scientists may be too Earth-centric when looking for extraterrestrial life.

The problem for scientists is that "you only find what you're looking for," said Penn State University geosciences professor Katherine Freeman, a reviewer of the NRC work.

A new NASA Mars mission called Phoenix is set for launch this summer, and one of the scientists involved said he is eager to test the new theory about life on Mars.

However, scientists must come up with a way to do that using the mission's existing scientific instruments, said NASA astrobiologist and Phoenix co-investigator Chris McKay.

He said the Washington State scientist's paper piqued his interest.

"Logical consistency is nice, but it's not enough anymore," McKay said.

Other experts said the new concept is plausible, but more work is needed before they are convinced.

"I'm open to the possibility that it could be the case," said astrobiologist Mitch Sogin of the Marine Biological Lab in Woods Hole, Massachusetts.

A member of the National Research Council committee, Sogin also cautioned against "just-so stories about what is possible."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Source

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

--------------------------------------------

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
-- Will Durant

+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:43 PM