Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Songs From "garam Coat" (1955)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Songs From "garam Coat" (1955)
abhayp
post Oct 10 2005, 02:14 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 335

Around the time when the dinosaurs were going extinct, I had promised HF's resident music devotee that I would upload the songs of the 1955 film "Garam Coat". Before the human species becomes similarly extinct, let me redeem that pledge!

[Quality warning: these songs are digitised from a cassette that was in turn made from the vinyl version; the quality is *not* very good.]

This film starred Balraj Sahni and Nirupa Roy; Majrooh Sultanpuri wrote the lyrics. It had an outstanding score composed by Pandit Amarnath (not to be confused with the Amarnath who was the elder brother of Husnlal and Bhagatram), a disciple of Ustad Amir Khan. This seems to be his only film; on listening to the songs, I am sure you will all share the sense of loss I feel at his not having composed for more films.

I have 5 songs from the film, all by Lata:

- jogiyaa se priit kiye dukh hoye
- nanhaa moraa Dole
- kahiyo roe.N dukhiyaare
- zulfo.nwaale ko kyaa pataa
- ghar aajaa more raajaa

I have no idea whether there are any more songs. The songs are all very good, a couple of them make it to great. Lata is...well, Lata. I especially love the way she has sung "kahiyo roe.N dukhiyaare".

The first song had recently been uploaded here, so am not repeating it. The other four songs are attached. Happy listening!

Warm regards,
Abhay
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mohd2004
post Oct 10 2005, 02:53 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 419

Million thanks for the rare Garam Coat tracks.

Mohd.
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post Oct 10 2005, 06:42 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1288

From an eternally grateful music devotee, thank you thank you
for these extremely rare tracks.
+Quote Post
shuklas
post Oct 10 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 376

Dears :

Thanks for "Garam Coat "

Thanks.

Shuklas

नग्मा वोही जिसे रूह सुनें और रूह सुनायें
+Quote Post
dharmvir
post Oct 10 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1860

QUOTE(abhayp @ Oct 10 2005, 02:14 PM) *

Around the time when the dinosaurs were going extinct, I had promised HF's resident music devotee that I would upload the songs of the 1955 film "Garam Coat". Before the human species becomes similarly extinct, let me redeem that pledge!

[Quality warning: these songs are digitised from a cassette that was in turn made from the vinyl version; the quality is *not* very good.]

This film starred Balraj Sahni and Nirupa Roy; Majrooh Sultanpuri wrote the lyrics. It had an outstanding score composed by Pandit Amarnath (not to be confused with the Amarnath who was the elder brother of Husnlal and Bhagatram), a disciple of Ustad Amir Khan. This seems to be his only film; on listening to the songs, I am sure you will all share the sense of loss I feel at his not having composed for more films.

- nanhaa moraa Dole
- ghar aajaa more raajaa

I have no idea whether there are any more songs. The songs are all very good, a couple of them make it to great. Lata is...well, Lata. I especially love the way she has sung "kahiyo roe.N dukhiyaare".

The first song had recently been uploaded here, so am not repeating it. The other four songs are attached. Happy listening!

Warm regards,
Abhay

Video Cd of Garam Coat is available now in the market.

another song in the film a corus

Beebi Mendki Ri Tu To Pani Mein Ki Rani
Kauaa Tera Bhai Bhatija

IPB Image
+Quote Post
RAHIMGM
post Nov 10 2005, 09:58 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 2364

Abhay thanks for these gems. With people like you I don't think we will be extinct

Goolam
+Quote Post
Sukesh Hoogan
post May 3 2008, 01:22 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 10049

QUOTE(abhayp @ Oct 10 2005, 02:14 PM) *

- nanhaa moraa Dole
- ghar aajaa more raajaa

Warm regards,
Abhay

I would appreciate if these songs are uploaded again or links indicated.

Regards
Sukesh
+Quote Post
yogihit
post Nov 10 2010, 11:55 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 45555

Hello All
Please reuplaod All songs

This post has been edited by yogihit: Nov 10 2010, 12:14 PM

Regards,
Yogi

An open source Person
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Nov 10 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

Old Filmi - 1955 Garam Coat - Lata - Ghar Aaja More Raja-amarnath mp3 192kbps 3m 16s

Old Filmi - 1955 Garam Coat - Lata - Jogiya Se Preet Kiye Dukh Hoye-amarnath mp3 160kbps 3m 25s

Old Filmi - 1955 Garam Coat - Lata - Kahiyo Roen Dukhiyaare-amarnath mp3 192kbps 3m 19s

Old Filmi - 1955 Garam Coat - Lata - Nanha Mora Dole-amarnath mp3 192kbps 3m 15s

Old Filmi - 1955 Garam Coat - Lata - Zulfon Wale Ko Kya Pata-amarnath mp3 192kbps 3m 22s

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
romesh
post Nov 10 2010, 06:09 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58160

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Nov 10 2010, 04:30 PM) *

Old Filmi - 1955 Garam Coat - Lata - Ghar Aaja More Raja-amarnath mp3 192kbps 3m 16s

Old Filmi - 1955 Garam Coat - Lata - Jogiya Se Preet Kiye Dukh Hoye-amarnath mp3 160kbps 3m 25s

Old Filmi - 1955 Garam Coat - Lata - Kahiyo Roen Dukhiyaare-amarnath mp3 192kbps 3m 19s

Old Filmi - 1955 Garam Coat - Lata - Nanha Mora Dole-amarnath mp3 192kbps 3m 15s

Old Filmi - 1955 Garam Coat - Lata - Zulfon Wale Ko Kya Pata-amarnath mp3 192kbps 3m 22s

here is the missing song

bibi mendaki ri--chorus--@192kbps--2.51mts

quote=romesh
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:32 AM