Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sa Re Ga Ma Pa
Talaikya
post Jan 10 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 402

Wah Bawre hamare khayal aakhir mil hi gayen kahin na kahin tongue.gif I have liked these two right since the beginning. If it's just one winner - it's gotta be Nihira. If it's a guy and a gal - it's Hemachandra and Nihira. I totally agree with the hype part. Himmesh has lost it! Like that Rajeev got on my nerves, so's Vinit, he should've got out even before Paresh and Ujjaini and definitely before Sharib and Swananda!!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
imjagdish
post Jan 11 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1637

QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jan 10 2006, 09:40 PM) *

Wah Bawre hamare khayal aakhir mil hi gayen kahin na kahin tongue.gif I have liked these two right since the beginning. If it's just one winner - it's gotta be Nihira. If it's a guy and a gal - it's Hemachandra and Nihira. I totally agree with the hype part. Himmesh has lost it! Like that Rajeev got on my nerves, so's Vinit, he should've got out even before Paresh and Ujjaini and definitely before Sharib and Swananda!!!

Right on. I too feel Himesh Reshammiya has been marketing Vineet quite well. Did you guys hear Vineet attempting Aake Seedhi Lagi last week?? headbang.gif the piece he sung directly hit my ears and head very badly.

About Debojit's Jhumroo performance, it was good. It was the toughest song sung that day. But certain notes during yodelling were not touched. He also eased on the tempo at a point of two (though he stayed in rhythm). But overall, a good jod.

Hema's performance was good too. He's trained and it's evident from his singing. One thing that lacks in him is the "throw". I often get a feeling that he tries to be melodious then imparting the throw. This was particularly evident duirng "Aao Twist Kare".

To begin with, I was'nt too impressed with Himani, but she's proved me wrong. Her recent performances have been out of the world. Picking the pace at the right time.

Nihira has been impressive consistently except for a couple of performances where she was near perfect. I really cant guess who the winner among Nihira, Hema and Himani is going to be (must be one or two of these)..Nihira would be my choice, but the other two are extremely close... The last few performances will indicate better or rather make it more complicated. confused.gif

"It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure." -- Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
imjagdish
post Jan 13 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Boom!!! Nihira is out..hard to believe!! Her performance today was wonderful too. I really dont know who's gonna be the winner now. However, success is'nt too far away from Nihira...Am sure to see a sub-forum in HF for her a couple of years down the line biggrin.gif...

"It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure." -- Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Vik
post Jan 17 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #34

Unregistered

Here are my predictions: Next out will be Debojit. Then Hemachandra. The final will be between Himani and Vinit. And Vinit will win.

Before you jump on my back, I find these results quite ridiculous. Nihira was clearly the best female singer of the lot. And the best male singer, in my opinion, was Abhijeet - who lost quite early on. However, the above is my prediction on how the show will proceed from here on. Any other takers? :-)
+Quote Post
imjagdish
post Jan 24 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vik @ Jan 17 2006, 07:16 PM) *

Here are my predictions: Next out will be Debojit. Then Hemachandra. The final will be between Himani and Vinit. And Vinit will win.

Before you jump on my back, I find these results quite ridiculous. Nihira was clearly the best female singer of the lot. And the best male singer, in my opinion, was Abhijeet - who lost quite early on. However, the above is my prediction on how the show will proceed from here on. Any other takers? :-)

Well, Abhijeet was supremely good only for one song; when Jagjit Singh was a judge and was given a yellow card (unfortunate). Apart from that, he was okish, and really bad when he sang the very next song after this yellow, but managed to get a green (prolly on past performance).
Anyways, I am curious to know as to what happened this week that the participants were apologising to Ismail Darbaar..I missed the first part.. Someone plz share the info.

+Quote Post
Vik
post Jan 25 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #36

Unregistered

QUOTE(imjagdish @ Jan 24 2006, 01:55 AM) *

Well, Abhijeet was supremely good only for one song; when Jagjit Singh was a judge and was given a yellow card (unfortunate). Apart from that, he was okish, and really bad when he sang the very next song after this yellow, but managed to get a green (prolly on past performance).
Anyways, I am curious to know as to what happened this week that the participants were apologising to Ismail Darbaar..I missed the first part.. Someone plz share the info.

To be honest, I did not see the prelim rounds of this challenge, so I cannot say how well Abhijeet performed this time around. I am basing my opinion on his performances in the regular episodes of SaReGaMaPa about a year or so back, when he won many weeks in a row until he was declared a loser by Jagjit Singh (in another controversial decision, in my opinion). So, perhaps he was only OKish this time around. However, his last performance "Marhaba" where he lost to Debojit, I thought he should have won - although the song did not quite suit his style and personality.

Regarding this week's tamasha, oh well.. it was quite immature. If you noticed that in the second installment, Debojit didn't sing - only the other three did. Well, because it wasn't really the second installment - it was a continuation of the first, in which Debojit sang first because he got the max number of votes (80% from northeast). Minutes after that when they announced that Vinit was second highest, Vinit, Himani and Hemachandra announced that they are jointly walking off the show. However, none of them could articulate what exactly was their reason - they just kept fumbling and blumbering. Then, everybody yelled at them - Ismail Darbaar, as well as Gajendra Singh, and the public. That is how the first part ended. You should try to catch the rerun - it was quite immature, but also hilarious!
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Jan 25 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

Well all the drama baazi is over now and the show continues... tongue.gif

From the latest episode (shown in USA) .. Himani is out.... that leaves all three male contenders to fight...

Compared to all three male's performance my opinion is I liked them in this order :-

Bhumro Bhumro ... By HEMA , absolutely marvellous... perfect breathing control techniques along with varying pitch in his tones... just superb...

Nain Ladd Gayi Hain...... by Vinit .. I still find him little immature as singer but yaar at times he just does the magic.. or maybe the fluke... god knows... but I liked his Nain Ladd Gayi Hain... in 2nd order...

Dhole Baje Dhole Baje... by DEBU.... well if people wanna argue ke its not easy song to sing.. I would ask is Bhumro any easy to sing ? Well , my opinon if Debu sings when not in presence of Chandu... than I can accept his talent but Chandu just leaves the effect on me even when the song is over...

This are just my personal opinion and welcoming to Sa Re Ga Ma fans for continuing a healthy discussion further smile1.gif

The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart. --Gautama Buddha
+Quote Post
imjagdish
post Jan 27 2006, 09:44 AM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Courtsey Rediff

Zee TV's Hero Honda Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge is neck-deep in controversy once again.

Three of the singing talent search show's contestants -- Himani, Vinit and Hemchandra -- quit. The reason cited was that they had been threatened by the outlawed militant outfit United Liberation Front of Asom. But they returned to the show the next episode.

Earlier this month, Ismail Durbar, one of the judges, walked out of the television show. Because one of his students, Nihira, was voted out. The show divides contestants into gharanas, each gharana under the supervision of a judge.

"I got upset then [when Nihira was voted out], as I thought that was a wrong decision," says Durbar. "I wanted to quit at that very moment. But I was overcome with shock. And I did not want to go in silence. I wanted to quit in front of the audience, as I wanted them to know what was happening."

Durbar planned to walk out in the following episode, but it was a special episode featuring cricketer-turned politician Navjot Singh Sidhu. And the Durbar, who has scored the music for hit Hindi movies like Devdaas and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, changed his mind about walking out.

But when the other judges – music directors Aadesh Shrivastava and Himesh Reshammiya – gave less marks to another Durbar gharana contestant Debojit's performance, Durbar decided it was time.

He walked out of the show, saying the situation was too suffocating for him.

It was felt that the audience sympathised with Debojit and the 'injustice' done to him, and voted for him.

But now, Durbar is back, and he explains why.

"Gajendraji [Singh, the show's producer] came to my house the next morning and tried to convince me for five hours to return to the show. He told me that I was the only person who has always stood by the truth. I said I would return -- because I did not want him to suffer for no fault of his.

"Another reason was that Debojit told me that if I would quit, he would follow me, as he did not have anyone in Mumbai, and he would follow his mentor.

"I asked Debojit to clarify what was actually wrong, and the child started crying. He told me he was an engineer by profession. He worked hard to become a singer. He knew that if he quit with me, his singing career would be ruined. He also said he had no links with ULFA [Debojit is from Assam, and ULFA is an Assamese militant outfit], and that someone was plotting against him."

Does Durbar think Aadesh Shrivastava created the controversy?

"It is obvious but I will not take names for the sake of decency. I have tried telling Aadesh many times backstage."

The two music composers don't see eye to eye, and have had confrontations before.

It is not yet clear if ULFA actually threatened the contestants or not. Durbar claims Himani, Vinit and Hemchandra quit due to pressure.

"I know why they quit but I will not tell. They have quit under somebody's pressure. And the three of them told me this themselves," he says.

Incidentally, the episode after the ULFA threat drama, Himani was voted out.

"When I returned to the shoot, Himani [who was in Shrivastava's gharana] came crying to me and apologised so many times. I told her that she should take her own decisions, and not act under pressure."

+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Jan 27 2006, 10:21 AM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 402

QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Jan 25 2006, 12:03 PM) *

Well all the drama baazi is over now and the show continues... tongue.gif

My preference:

1. Hemachandra
2. Debojit - for his voice
3. Vineet - I don't like his voice and get turned off by Himesh's hype... totally put off!

It should have been a face off between Nihira and Hemchandra, with Nihira winning.

Also initially didn't they say there's be one female and one male winner? I distinctly remember hearing that over and over. And when did they decide on public voting? That wasn't the format earlier na? I guess they decided that was the only way Nihira would face competition sad1.gif

Well... lets see aage aage kya hota hain.

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Mar 5 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Here are couple of performances from the past, of the SRGMP winner, Debojit.

Mein Hoon Jhumroo and Ek Chatur Naar

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Mar 5 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Hamma Hamma -

Happy with Debojit's performance, Ismail kisses Debojit, not once, not twice but thrice. wink2.gif lol.. the girls are embarassed.

+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Mar 5 2006, 06:16 PM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Rim Jhim Gire Saawan ..

Suno No Suno Na ..

+Quote Post
harihar
post Mar 5 2006, 07:18 PM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 4243

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Mar 5 2006, 06:16 PM) *

Rim Jhim Gire Saawan ..

Suno No Suno Na ..

Family still believes Vinit should have won but aise prog mein yeh sab chalta hai dekho kya hua tha Indian Idol ek mein.

Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful..... AND Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. ~Ludwig van Beethoven
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Mar 5 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Here is Na Tho Caravan Ki Talaash Hai by Debojit. Since the file size is big, I've broken them into three parts for easy download. To join, you will have to download all the three parts and double click on the first part.

+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Mar 5 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Aashiq Tera Banjara Hai,

The much awaited announcement

+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:42 AM