Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Asha Bhosle - For Ever

, News, articles etc.

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asha Bhosle - For Ever, News, articles etc.
Sharmila-Sweet
post Mar 23 2011, 12:26 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75253

Asha Bhosle, who is on a musical tour, expressed her gratitude to fans. 'B'ham & Leicester Concerts were even better than London & I thought that was good. Scared that my luck is going to run out BIG THANK YOU UK !' she wrote.

- tweet
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Mar 28 2011, 12:42 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Playing Asha Bhonsle’s daughter is a privilege: Padmini
By IANS, 27 March 2011, Filmicafe.com
ollywood actress Padmini Kolhapure feels she has a role of a lifetime in debutant director Mahesh Kadiyal’s film “Maaee”, in which she plays singing diva Asha Bhosle’s daughter.

Said Padmini: “When the director came to me with this offer I had this strange feeling that it would be Ashaji who plays my mother. My hunch was proven right when the director told me Ashaji had been signed to play the mother.”

Padmini is especially happy since she is very close to the Mangeshkar family.

“I grew up in front of Lataji and Ashaji. I used to sing as a child, though now I’ve lost practice. So, to be facing the camera with Ashaji is a dream-come-true,” the 45-year-old actress said.

“When we met up about ‘Maaee’, Ashaji teased me: ‘You’ve to give me tips on acting for this film.’ I turned around and told Ashaji: ‘Fine I’ll give you tips in acting, if you teach me how to sing’,” Padmini said.

Padmini is getting ready for what she calls the role of a lifetime.

“There aren’t too many such opportunities for actresses these days. And definitely not too many opportunities for anyone to play Ashaji’s daughter. She is a great mother in real life and has tremendous nurturing qualities,” the actress said.

“So I don’t think playing a mother would be difficult for her,” she said.

Padmini has also completed her first Malayalam film, an adaptation of Shakespeare’s “Hamlet”, set in Kerala.

“These are not conventional roles. I guess this is a good time to be an actress of a certain age in Hindi cinema,” she quipped.

Don't let someone become a priority in your life,
when you are just an option in their life
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Apr 25 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

Yash Chopra blesses Asha Bhosale
Renuka Vyavahare, TNN | Apr 24, 2011, 06.11pm IST

The noted filmmaker blessed Asha Bhosale and wished her all the best now that she has taken a plunge into acting!

One of the best singers versatile singers India could ever produce, the legendary Asha Bhosale will now exhibit her acting skills on camera too. The singer will be seen playing a mother to actress Padmini Kolhapure in Hindi film 'Maaee'.

Ace filmmaker Yash Chopra blessed Asha's acting debut by gracing the mahurat with his presence.

Maaee, co-produced by Subhash Dawar (Alliance Entertainment) and Nitin Shankar (Rhythm Divine Entertainment Pvt Ltd), tells the poignant tale of what happens when a woman is abandoned by her only son and then goes to live with her daughter and son in-law. The film will be directed by Mahesh Kodiyal.

Though Asha often jokingly alleges that it was Yashji's older brother BR Chopra who preferred her (younger sister) giving playbacks for his films, while younger brother Yash Chopra preferred (Asha's elder sister) Lata Mangeshkar, it was Yash Chopra who cracked the coconut and gave the clap for the first shot of Asha's 'Maaee'.

When asked what it was that drew her to make her big screen acting debut, Asha ji said in her inimitable style, "Well, to start with, it was something that I hadn't done so far. My fans know very well that I do whatever my heart says is good to do. And the moment this story was narrated to me I connected so very strongly with it as a mother and a human being even though it was so far removed from my own life and experience. I knew then and there that there was no way I could let the opportunity to essay this character pass me by."

In this touching story of a present day mother-daughter relationship, the critical role of her daughter is being played by Padmini Kolhapure, who makes her comeback to the big screen with this film. Ram Kapoor has been cast to play Kolhapure's husband, Navin Kaushik will play Asha ji's son and Cadbury girl Shivani Joshi will play her grand daughter.
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Apr 25 2011, 01:38 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Remixes would not dent popularity of original: Asha Bhosle
Published: Sunday, Apr 24, 2011, 20:51 IST
Place: Mumbai | Agency: PTI

Asha Bhosle
Singing legend Asha Bhosle thinks that remixed songs will never dent the popularity and the timelessness of the original classic numbers.

"No matter how many films are remade and songs are remixed, the original is the best and is always remembered," Bhosle said while interacting with mediapersons after the 'muhurat' shot of her debut Hindi film as actor, Maaee.

She said she had not heard the remixed version of her 1970s blockbuster song Dum Maaro Dum, in the Abhishek Bachchan-starrer that released last week.

"I have no intention of doing so," she added. "My songs like 'Yeh Mera Dil Pyar Ka Deewana' and 'Dum Maaro Dum' were remixed for Farhan Akhtar's Don and Rohan Sippy's Dum Maaro Dum, but audiences will always remember the original Asha Bhosle and the original composers."

Bhosle said she does not watch movies these days. "There are no emotions in today's films. Everything is computerised including fight scenes. It is better to watch cartoon movies."

But the evergreen singer added that she did like Munnabhai movies and loves Hrithik Roshan's films.

Stating that she was not open to more offers in movies, Bhosle said Maaee will be her first and last movie as actor.

"Acting is not my field. Singing is my first love."

Even though she is not scared of being in front of the camera, Bhosle said that doing a movie -- and playing the title role -- was an experiment as well as a risk.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Debopriyo
post May 14 2011, 11:33 AM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 76169

To Live, directed by Charles Sleichter and Paul Emami and co-directed by Biplab Chaterjee, is inspired by a true story about a father’s journey into the Himalayas to save his ailing son. The music album, that’s just released, has got together an interesting line up of Indian musicians including Asha Bhosle, Sunidhi Chauhan, Sharon Prabhakar, Kumar Sanu, Mamta Sharma and Lahiri’s daughter, Reema. Lahiri informs, “Asha didi’s title song starts with a Gita shloka and she’s sung it beautifully in English, while its Hindi versions are sung by Sunidhi and Sharon

This post has been edited by Debopriyo: May 18 2011, 11:11 AM

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post May 17 2011, 01:43 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Thanks Debopriyo (but there is no need to 'quote' my message) smile1.gif

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post May 23 2011, 12:37 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Song recording with Asha Bhosle

http://videos.mid-day.com/Song-recording-w...Asha-Bhosle.htm
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post May 30 2011, 12:15 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Lata Mangeshkar to sing title track for Asha Bhosle starrer Maaee
By Bollywood Hungama News Network, May 27, 2011 - 20:01 IST

By now its common knowledge that veteran playback singer Asha Bhosle is making her big screen acting debut in Maaee. However the big breaking news is the fact that the title song of the film will be sung by none other than legendary playback singer and Asha's elder sister Lata Mangeshkar.

Speaking about this, Asha says, "Lata didi has agreed to sing the title track of my film Maaee and I am very happy."

The title track is yet to be recorded and will be scheduled as per Lataji's availability. The song has been composed by Nitin Shankar.

Principle shooting of Maaee is almost complete. The film tells the poignant tale of what happens when a woman is abandoned by her only son and then goes to live with her daughter and son-in-law.

Maaee is directed by Mahesh Kodiyal and produced by Subhash Dawar and Nitin Shankar.
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post May 30 2011, 12:23 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Check Out: Asha Bhosle's look in Maaee

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, May 28, 2011 - 11:35 IST

It's common knowledge by now that veteran playback singer Asha Bhosle is making her acting debut on the big screen in Maaee. We got a few stills of Ashaji on the sets of her maiden film

From the images it can be observed that Ashaji has been made to look older that she does in real life. This is because she is playing a grandmother and the makers felt that a few streaks of grey hair would make her look the part.

Principle shooting of Maaee is almost complete. The film tells the poignant tale of what happens when a woman is abandoned by her only son and then goes to live with her daughter and son-in-law.

Maaee is directed by Mahesh Kodiyal and produced by Subhash Dawar and Nitin Shankar. One of the highlights of the film is the title track which will be sung by none other than legendary playback singer Lata Mangeshkar.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Jun 6 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #40

Group Icon

No body double for Asha Bhonsle

Kunal M Shah

Posted On Monday, June 06, 2011 at 03:40:37 AM

In an industry synonymous with diva antics, Asha Bhonsle has proven to be one of the few exceptions. The singer, who is making her debut in Maaee, produced by Subhash Dawar, did not think twice about doing a high risk scene.

In the scene Asha’s character was expected to fall down and so the filmmakers made arrangements for a body double. However, Bhonsle, who is 78-years-old, was adamant on doing the scene herself.

Our source explained, “According to the script, Ashaji needed to fall on the ground, flat on her face. The makers had arranged for a body double, on location for the shot but Ashaji refused as she wanted to do it herself.

Apparently, Ashaji is very excited about her debut film. In the scene, she was looking at something that her co-star Naveen Kaushik was showing her on the computer, when she accidentally gets pushed and falls flat on her face, hitting the chair behind her head.”

When contacted, Dawar said, “We had a stunt man on the sets and also some body doubles for her. The worst part was that she had to fall down on a marble stone tabletop.

We didn’t want her to do it, considering her age and the risk of the stunt. However, she insisted on doing it and thankfully, everything went fine. We had to send back the body doubles.”

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Jun 8 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/sl...le/20110607.htm

Asha Bhosle: My greatest fear is having no work
Last updated on: June 7, 2011 17:01 IST
Preeti Arora in Mumbai

Boman Irani shifted gears at 44, handing over the reins of his wafer business to his wife in order to begin an acting career. Aditya Raj Kapoor (son of Shammi Kapoor) faced the camera for the first time when he was in his 50s.

And now, at 77, Asha Bhosle, the fabulously popular singer, makes her acting debut with Maaee. It isn't a cameo or a miniscule guest appearance. She is the protagonist.

In an interview with Preeti Arora, Asha speaks about her decision to choose a path most veterans wouldn't contemplate even in their dreams.

Tell us something about the film Maaee.

No, absolutely not. If I tell you the story, my producer will get angry with me and you won't watch the film. See it in the theatre and decide for yourself.

All right then, tell us about your role.

Well, I am not playing a vamp or a sexy siren. No love scenes were written for me. I am a mother and a grandmother. That's what I am in real life too. It's an avatar I'm comfortable with. My role on-screen is merely an extension of my off-screen persona. It's simple

You have been shooting continuously for the last three weeks in the sweltering Mumbai heat. Even the big 'stars' are complaining of exhaustion. But you show no signs of fatigue.

Oh, well (smiles impishly), I guess age is on my side. On a more serious note, I have worked very hard all my life. I have brought up my kids single-handedly. So a strenuous routine is something I thrive on, not shy away from.

How did this film come about?

Most of the people I work with become family friends. The co-producer of this film, Nitin Shankar, took my son Anand Bhosle into confidence. They broached the topic with me. I said I would think about it. I asked my daughter Varsha and she felt it was a great idea. I thought didi (Lata Mangeshkar) wouldn't be too encouraging, but here also I got the green signal. I asked my younger sister who also pushed me saying if anybody could do it, it was me. Not one person felt I couldn't do it. So here I am.

What if one person from your inner circle had dissuaded you?

I would have opted out. I was looking for an escape route, which unfortunately did not open up.

Tell us about your co-actors.

Each one is a star in his, or her, own right. Ram Kapoor is a formidable actor. But there are no ego hassles. Padmini Kolhapure is a close relative, so I have always been very comfortable with her. I guess I am lucky.

Since you talked about love scenes, would you consider that too?

I'm not saying yes, but then I am not saying no either. I never imagined I would be acting at my age. Maybe some other things which I haven't visualised might just happen.

Are you close to your kids?

Very! I consult them before taking any decision. My younger son Anand, because of whom I am doing this film, is also my business manager. He keeps track of the royalties and the collaborations with foreign artistes. And I must say he's doing a great job.

Any scene which made you uncomfortable?

Just one. They needed me to get wet in the rain. Since I started singing professionally I never drink anything cold neither do I have a bath with cold water. And now, suddenly, here I was after six decades doing a little jig in the rain! Despite the initial discomfort, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Felt I was six years old again.

You're playing a grandmother in the film. Does it get tiring being with kids all day?

It would if you are not used to being with kids all the time. But my grandkids, both on-screen and off-screen, are a source of joy to me. I can spend hours with them. My granddaughter (Anand's daughter) is also doing a song for this film. Three generations are involved in this film but in different ways.

You're always in the news. Why do the media chase you when so many younger artistes/singers are desperate for publicity?

You have just answered your own question. The younger lot wants publicity, I crave work. Work should fetch you fame not the other way around. The work ethic is what didi and I imbibed at a very early age. The younger lot needs to do the same.

We hear that you are working with Chandra Barot again. Your earlier song with him, Yeh Mera Dil Pyaar Ka Diwana, is still a chartbuster. What can we expect this time?

I have always believed Chandra Barot is a very talented director. But in our industry two things are essential for success -- luck and hard work. Unfortunately, he hasn't had much work in the last few years. Chandra Barot lives across the road from my house. His sister Kamal Barot is a good friend of mine. We have been friends for the last four decades and will remain so. I am doing the songs. Now let's hope for the best.

What's your worst fear?

Having no work. Or not being surrounded by people. Put me in the most luxurious hotel in the world alone and ask me to rest for a few days and I will fall ill.

What if you are nominated for best actress or best debut?

I'd love it, but won't think about it right now. Not getting it would just lead to disappointment. I've had a rough life and its best not too plan too far in advance.

You get along with almost everybody. Is that your true self or a carefully cultivated persona?

No, I hate friction. I believe life is too short for ego hassles. Yet, I am a child at heart. Anger me in any way and I won't keep quiet. I will get it off my chest and sleep peacefully through the night. But the person at the receiving end will probably not get any sleep that night.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Jun 10 2011, 01:26 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Asha Bhosle at Madhuri Badhuri's art exhibition

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/stills/par...tion/index.html

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Jun 13 2011, 11:59 AM
Post #43

Group Icon

Kher, Bhosle bond on Maaee sets
Hindustan Times
Mumbai, June 11, 2011First Published: 13:21 IST(11/6/2011)
Last Updated: 15:14 IST(11/6/2011)Share more...0 Comments

Anupam Kher has a reason to celebrate. The veteran actor, who’s playing the crucial role of a doctor in Maaee, is thrilled with his experience of working with Asha Bhosle.

The legendary singer is making her acting debut in this movie, and has recently wrapped up the shooting schedule for her p art.

Kher, who recently shot with Bhosle, commented on micro-blogging site, Twitter, “Always felt she could act very well.” An assistant director on the film revealed that in between shots, the two would get chatty about yesteryear music and he would get nostalgic about his favourite songs rendered by her.

It is also believed that after the day’s scenes, in which she plays a patient suffering from a degenerative ailment, he was all praise for Ashaji’s histrionics.
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Jun 16 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

Asha Bhosle’s ‘Maaee’ completes in records time
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, June 16, 2011] 0 Comments

Legendary singer Asha Bhosle makes her screen debut with movie ‘Maaee’, that is directed by debutant Mahesh Kodiyal (who comes to film after a long and illustrious career directing advertising films).

When asked what it was that drew her to make her big screen acting debut, Ashaji stated, “Well, to start with, it was something that I hadn’t done so far. My fans know very well that I do whatever my heart says is good to do.”

Interestingly, initially 40 days was scheduled for the shoot of the film but the film has been completed in a record time of only 30 days due to the extremely efficient production and technical team and the very able cast.

Ashaji who faced the camera for a film for the very first time was a one take artist as a result of which there was no need for retakes which was extremely commendable.

‘Maaee’ tells the poignant tale of what happens when a woman is abandoned by her only son and then goes to live with her daughter and son-in-law.

Talking about the film Ashaji said, “The moment this story was narrated to me I connected so very strongly with it as a mother and a human being even though it was so far removed from my own life and experience. I knew then and there that there was no way I could let the opportunity to essay this character pass me by.”

She also added that in this touching story of a mother-daughter relationship in the present day, the critical role of her daughter is played by Padmini Kolhapure, not only another well regarded actress of Indian Cinema, but also someone she has worked with and knows well.

Also starring Ram Kapoor, Navin Kaushik, Anupam Kher and Shivani Joshi, ‘Maaee’ will release on 7th October 2011.

The film is produced by Subhash Dawar (Alliance Entertainment Pvt Ltd) and Nitin Shankar (Rythm D'vine Entertainment Pvt Ltd) while the music is composed by Nitin Shankar.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Jun 23 2011, 11:27 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

Priyanka: This one's for Ashatai!
By: Subhash K Jha Date: 2011-06-23 Place: Mumbai

Priyanka Chopra gets all jittery before paying a special tribute to the legendary singer

As most B-Towners have reached Toronto for International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards, 2011, Hitlist discovers that the usually confident Priyanka Chopra is quite nervous about her stage performance at the ceremony.

The usually confident Piggy Chops, who has been chosen to pay tribute to Asha Bhosle in a special performance at IIFA, feels this is too tall an order for her.

Says a source, "Priyanka is confident enough to pull off any stage performance. However, this time she is flummoxed. A dance tribute to the songs of Ashaji seemed like a formidable task to her. She wanted to beg off."

The homage to the singing legend that PC will perform is to be choreographed by Shiamak Davar. We have learnt that when Bhosle heard of the tribute plan, she insisted that only Priyanka do it.

Says a source, "Other A-list actresses including Katrina Kaif, Kareena Kapoor and even Sonakshi Sinha were considered for the homage.

But Ashaji felt only Priyanka had the namak on her face, the chulbula sexiness to convey the sensuousness of her throat. Moreover, PC is a singer herself, so she understands the nuances in Ashaji's voice."

Getting pro at it
In the past few weeks, PC has become an expert on Ashaji's songs. Says the source, "Lately, the young actress has watched the legendary singer's songs so many times that she knows them by heart now."

While PC maintains that the homage in Toronto is a 'secret', Sabbas Joseph of Wizcraft, the official organisers of IIFA in Canada, confirms, "Yes, Priyanka is giving a tribute to Ashaji, who will receive an award for outstanding contribution to Indian cinema. Shiamak will choreograph the tribute."

Davar, says, "When one does a tribute to a legend like Ashaji one has to be faithful to the originals. But I love interpreting songs in my own way as always. I love Ashaji's songs.

They're timeless. I've redeveloped the whole era with my properties and costumes. I am sure PC will do a good job."

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:38 AM