Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Asha Bhosle - For Ever

, News, articles etc.

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asha Bhosle - For Ever, News, articles etc.
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 8 2010, 10:31 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75253

Asha Bhosle turns 77
By: IANS Date: 2010-09-07 Place: Mumbai

She has sung more than 12,000 songs in 18 languages, been honoured with the Padma Vibhushan and is still raring to go. Singing legend Asha Bhosle will celebrate her 77th birthday Wednesday with her position in B-town still strong and her legion of fans intact.

After for over six decades in the industry, her voice remains seamless. And as she rustles her beautiful silk saris, with jewellery to match, Asha's style too makes a lasting statement.

The singer, who started singing at a very young age, is known for her versatality. After crooning a series of hits for the Hindi film industry's dancing queen Helen, she was tagged as a cabaret singer.

But she dispelled that notion when she went behind the mike to croon Maang ke saath tumhara for Dilip Kumar-Vyjayantimala- starrer Naya Daur (1957). It established her as a singer to reckon with.

Since then, there has been no looking back.

She collaborated with renowned musicians of her time like Ravi, Khayyam and Shankar Jaikishan, but Asha's real talent was exploited by composer R.D. Burman, who was instrumental in bringing her out of her elder sister and singing legend Lata Mangeshkar's shadow. Asha and Burman later married.

Songs like Dum maro dum - Hare Rama, Hare Krishna, Mehbooba mehbooba - Sholay, Mera kuch saaman - Ijaazat, Piya tu ab to aaja - Caravan and Chura liya hai tum ne - Yaadon Ki Baraat bear testament to the amazing creativity of the Asha-Burman combination.

"Pancham (Burman) had this unique quality of bringing out the best in every artiste by making him or her feel comfortable. He knew how to make me sing to get the maximum effect in every situation," Asha said.

Known for her voice range, Asha has sung in over 18 languages, including Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, English, Russian, Czech, Nepali and Malay.

Adding to her list, recently she crooned her first Kannada song for composer Veera Samarth who was overwhelmed with her professionalism even at this age.

"Didi took just two-and-a-half hours to sing the song. And the rehearsal of the song was done a day earlier. Asha didi wrote the lyrics in Hindi in her own handwriting and what a song it was. I was in tears when she completed the song. I am sure it would be one of the most brilliant songs in Kannada," Samarth said.

Not just that. She has cut many albums and was recently named among the top 20 music icons of the past 50 years by a leading news network.

She doesn't shy away from new technology either. Buoyed by the Twitter mania, she too joined the microblogging site. Usually she posts music and film trivia, but sometimes uses it as a tool to express her views on current topics.

Recently the singer posted her comment on the controversial Commonwealth Games saying "CWG has become DMG (Disaster Management Games)."

She loves reading.

"I love to read. When I was around 13-14, I used to spend the entire night reading under the street lights filtering in through the open door. There was no electricity," she said.

"I read Marathi literature, Marathi translations of all famous Bengali and Hindi novels. The books enriched me. All of my three children are very well read. Every child in this country must study. 'Padhai' is knowledge," said the singer who enjoys cooking as well.

Composer Shamir Tandon described her as "versatility personified - that's Asha Bhosle. She is the best human being I've ever met. She is just like a mother to me."

Even after so many years she is still a guiding force for many budding artistes.

"When she was 18, her voice was very nice, when she was 30 she was excellent, at the age of 50 she was superb and when she is going to turn 77, I want to wish her that regardless of your age, whatever voice you have now, you are still the best," singer Abhijeet said.

The singer can't be more right. In the 1980s she wowed everyone when she sang, Dil cheez kya hai, In aankhon ki masti and Ye kya jagah hai doston for Umrao Jaan.

In the 1990s she again surprised everyone with "Tanha tanha yahan pe jeena" and "Rangeela re". In the 2008 release "1920", she sang "Aise jalta hai jiya".

Yesteryear actress Asha Parekh, for whom Asha sang hits like "O mere sona re sona re sona", "Jab chali thandi hawa" and "Parde mein rehne do parda na hatao", said: "She has sung most of my songs and I'm happy that a great person like her has sung so many of my songs.

"She is a wonderful human being and I love all her songs. I wish her a very happy birthday and I hope that she goes strong for many years to come. She is truly the best."

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
Don't let someone become a priority in your life,
when you are just an option in their life
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 9 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Video:

Asha Bhosle zestful even at 77

http://www.dnaindia.com/videos/1435685

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 10 2010, 10:22 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Rahman's gift to Ashaji
Prithwish Ganguly, TNN, Sep 10, 2010, 12.00am IST
ArticleComments Post a commentEmail this articlePrint this articleSave

In an industry where relationships hardly ever stand the test of time, double Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman certainly wants to be an exception.

The musician, who is being criticised nationally for his composition of the Commonwealth Games track written by lyricist Mehboob, made a hush-hush trip to Mumbai just for a day before boarding the flight to the US for the American leg of his world tour. BT has learned that while in the city, Rahman shot for a reality show but his main purpose was to meet one of his icons — Asha Bhosle, who turned 77 on Wednesday.

Rahman handpicked 77 roses for the legendary singer to celebrate her birthday but unfortunately both of them could not match their timings and he had to courier the bouquet of roses to Asha's residence on Peddar Road. One of Rahman's closest aides said, "It is a mark of respect from Rahman's side to Asha, a singer he has idolised for many years now. He somehow wanted to make the day special for her. When he realised that he couldn't meet her, Rahman made it a point that the roses reached Asha on her birthday. He also took a confirmation that the roses had reached her residence from the courier company before boarding the flight. Rahman wanted to keep the visit secret as he did not want unnecessary media attention on him at a time when he is being criticised by almost everyone."

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 10 2010, 10:33 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Asha, 169 others stuck for 13 hrs
By: Bipin Kumar Singh Date: 2010-09-10 Place: Mumbai

Birthday girl Asha Bhosle was on board snag-hit Mumbai-Singapore flight

Nearly 170 passengers who were to fly to Singapore on a Kingfisher flight on Wednesday night were put to inconvenience after their flight was delayed for 13 hours.

Singer Asha Bhosle, who was celebrating her birthday the same day, was also booked on the flight.

The flight, which was scheduled to take off at 11.05 pm on Wednesday, took off only after noon yesterday.

In the last few months, a number of flights scheduled to depart from Mumbai airport have been severely delayed.

The singer with Sudesh Bhosle, RM Kadam, advocate general of Maharashtra and his wife, after they finally boarded the flight yesterday.

According to a new rule formulated by the civil aviation authority, passengers are entitled to receive compensation in case of flight delays (see box).

Bhosle's grandson, Chintu, told MiD DAY the singer had celebrated her birthday before leaving for the airport.
"She was off to Singapore to promote her album.

It's strange the flight was delayed for so long," he said.

According to Mumbai airport officials, Kingfisher flight IT 029 tried to take off twice but failed due to an error.
Passengers were made to alight and board twice.

Among the stranded passengers was a young Judo team. Its members had to sleep in the waiting room as no alternate arrangement was made despite repeated complaints at the airline counter.

"Every time the airline enquiry announced the flight departure, we were forced to wait inside the airport as we had no option.

We were left to fend for ourselves. I don't want to say anything else as it hardly it matters for airline firms in India," a team member said.

The aggravation of the passengers was evident when a few passengers went to the extent of shouting at airline staff and had to be pacified by CISF personnel.

The airline, however, did not specify the nature of the technical fault nor did it say if any arrangements had been made for convenience of passengers during their 13-hour-long wait at the airport.

Ground staff says

A ground staff from Kingfisher airline, who was on duty at the time of the incident, said under condition of anonymity, "In technical terms, the fault is called Ground turn back, which means that the take-off configuration of the aircraft did not support the take-off because of a technical error.

The aircraft was brought to the workshop to rectify the snag after which it was cleared for take-off around 2 am but it failed again.

Since a replacement A 330 aircraft was not available, experts had to be rushed in to fix the problem. By 8 am, the problem was fixed but it took four more hours to get the flight ready."

Singer Tweets
Late last night, the singer put up pictures of her celebrating her birthday aboard the aircraft on her Twitter account saying, "The airline celebrated my birthday high above the Bay Of Bengal! Thanks everyone!" She also said, "Reached Singapore a few hours back and found many Birthday wishes still pouring in! Thanks a lot to everyone once again!"

Rs 2,000-4,000
DGCA proposes a compensation if a flight is delayed for more than two hours

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Nov 10 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Asha Bhosle to perform Sufi rock music
By: The Hitlist Team Date: 2010-11-10 Place: Mumbai

Brand ambassador Asha Bhonsle will be performing to Sufi rock music live for the first time at the Global Indian Music Awards (GIMA).

Asha Bhosle

The inaugural edition of the awards, which will honour film and non-film music will be held today (November 10) in Mumbai.

Salman Khan will perform to a medley of Dabangg songs, while Saif Ali Khan will do a special act with Pritam. The music launch of Anil Kapoor's No Problem will also be held.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Nov 24 2010, 01:05 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Asha Bhosle Launches 'Naina Lagai Ke' (VIDEO)

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/...a-Lagai-Ke.html

DESCRIPTION: Veteran singer Asha Bhosle launched her latest music album 'Naina Lagai Ke' with music maestro Shujaat Khan. Asha Bhosle also sang a song from the album. Check it out.
+Quote Post
Debopriyo
post Nov 24 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 76169

QUOTE(Sharmila-Sweet @ Nov 24 2010, 01:05 PM) *

DESCRIPTION: Veteran singer Asha Bhosle launched her latest music album 'Naina Lagai Ke' with music maestro Shujaat Khan. Asha Bhosle also sang a song from the album. Check it out.

it's great sharmila ji -- for the news article atc .. groups recently created by me on ashaji on my signature if u want to share these wonderful articles , news you can join ..a discussion type of group on asha ji ...

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire
+Quote Post
Debopriyo
post Jan 27 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Nov 24 2010, 04:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Sharmila-Sweet @ Nov 24 2010, 01:05 PM) *

it's great sharmila ji -- for the news article atc .. groups recently created by me on ashaji on my signature if u want to share these wonderful articles , news you can join ..a discussion type of group on asha ji ...

ASHA BHOSLE LIVE IN RADIO TODAY MORNING LIVE " SONG LIKE YEH RESHMI ZULFO NA ANDHERA NA GHAB RA E YEH .... SOME MUKHDA'S ......A GREAT RADIO SHOW ...

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Feb 23 2011, 01:35 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Thanks Debopriyo smile1.gif

+Quote Post
Debopriyo
post Feb 23 2011, 03:43 PM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sharmila-Sweet @ Feb 23 2011, 01:35 PM) *

a clip of that show was uploaded here ..
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...068&st=150#

Reba McEntire
+Quote Post
Debopriyo
post Mar 3 2011, 02:21 AM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Feb 23 2011, 03:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Sharmila-Sweet @ Feb 23 2011, 01:35 PM) *

a clip of that show was uploaded here ..
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...068&st=150#

Ashaji coming on a big screen as an Actress "Film Maheee"

Reba McEntire
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Mar 3 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

Asha Bhosle to star in Bollywood film
March 02, 2011 15:11 IST

Renowned playback singer Asha Bhosle [ Images ] who has mesmerised generations with her singing prowess and versatility, is making her full-fledged debut as an actress in Hindi film 'Maaee'.

The 77-year-old singing diva told PTI that she took up the project written and directed by Mahesh Kodiyal for "fun".

"I have been singing since childhood and over the years sang songs from different languages from India [ Images ] and across the globe. I can't be repeating myself and was looking for some new opportunity till 'Maaee' came along a fortnight ago," Asha said.

According to the evergreen singer, she had no qualms about teaming up with a writer-director who is a newcomer.

"Even I am a newcomer as an actor," she said. Asha refused to divulge details about the film and her role except saying that 'Maaee' meant mother.

"It is a story set in the urban upper middle class in Mumbai [ Images ] with a social message. Padmini Kolhapure [ Images ] plays my daughter," she said.

The veteran will also lend her voice to a song which will be filmed on her. Asha recalled that as a child, she had done small roles in Marathi film 'Te Maze Baal' and Master Vinayak's 'Badi Maa' in which Noorjehan was the heroine.

"In 'Badi Ma', I don't remember the song where I am dressed in a bengali saree and singing. However, since then I was scared about acting and standing before the camera. Perhaps, I did not like the hardships faced during outdoor shootings. But in 'Maaee', there is nothing like that," Asha said.

When asked what about the movie appealed to her, Asha
said, "It's the title. I just became silent when I heard the word Maaee, since we called our mother by this name. If I tell you more, it would be like revealing the story."

Asha is not nervous about facing the camera after such a long time.

"Acting is in my genes since my father late Pandit Dinanath Mangeshkar was an actor. Besides, there is acting in singing as well," she said.

The singer has already displayed her acting skills in many music albums attracting audience with her magnetic charm.

'Maaee' is expected to go on floors on April 24, her father's death anniversary and release probably in June. To a question on whether she plans to produce and direct films after making an acting debut, Asha said she does not believe in planning her future.

"Things have just happened for me," she added. Asha regretted that her comments about policemen made at a function in Nashik where she was honoured with the D Lit degree by Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra [ Images ] open university had been taken out of context.

"I did not say anything against policemen. The university offers distant learning courses to three lakh students including prisoners and dabbewalas. I said a course should be designed for policemen," she said.

"Many policemen have not completed their education and the university can help them on this front. Education will enable them to speak well and politely to the people. If my comments have hurt the policemen, I apologise for it. I have no problem in saying sorry," she added.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Mar 3 2011, 11:25 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/...ive-Part-1.html

Video

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Mar 10 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Asha Bhosle's Bollywood Hungama Exclusive Part 2

DESCRIPTION: The living legend Asha Bhosle feels that some classic movies should not be remade, every actor possess unique qualities and relationship are not greater than the profession in Bollywood. The veteran singer also spoke about her super hit songs and new generation cinema in the second part of a bollywoodhungama.com exclusive interview with Content Head Broadband Faridoon Shahryar. A must watch.
MOVIE: Maaee
RATING:
LENGTH: 14 Minute(s) 1 Seconds

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/...ive-Part-2.html
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Mar 23 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Asha Bhosle, who is on a musical tour, expressed her gratitude to fans. 'B'ham & Leicester Concerts were even better than London & I thought that was good. Scared that my luck is going to run out BIG THANK YOU UK !' she wrote.

- tweet
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:21 AM