Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Asha Bhosle - For Ever

, News, articles etc.

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asha Bhosle - For Ever, News, articles etc.
Sharmila-Sweet
post Aug 26 2009, 11:02 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75253

Unforgettable Asha

Asha Bhosle’s returns to puja songs with her Bengali album Mone Rekho

By Sonashree Basu
Posted On Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 07:33:27 PM

Asha launches her new album

The golden voice of Asha Bhosle, that has rendered timeless classics, is set to rekindle the essence of Bengali pujor gaan after 15 years. The new album of Bengali modern songs Mone Rekho was released in the presence of the eternal songstress herself at The Park.

The gracious lady arrived wearing a subtle white and pink sari. In the midst of the razzmatazz, the singer tried to pacify the paparazzi in her broken Bengali by saying, “Amar kotha na shunle amii kintu ebar ragbo”. As she unveiled the album, she asked if she was looking good on the cover. “Yeh bees saal purani tasveer hai,” said the singer, revealing her sense of humour.

As to why it took her so long to come up with a Bengali album, the diva replied, “Pujas are special for Bengalis. Pancham and I did a lot of puja songs during the 70s and 80s but after his death, I lost interest in singing those songs. I heard many compositions but perhaps that chemistry between Pancham and me that created that magic was amiss. Nevertheless, I met this talented man Babul Bose and asked him to create something exclusive. I had also promised to sing for Mahua Lahiri who had started Asha Audio Company with my name 25 years ago. I thought I owed an album to her and thus the album.”

The diva with Usha and Babul

The album is a melange of eight tracks representing diverse moods. Lyricist Shaymal Sengupta who had assisted RD Burman has penned down the lyrics of the songs. The songs range from classical to semi classical like Hoyto aebhabei, Jete parini to kaache while Shey je amar kaalo is a folk song fused with contemporary music. There is a haat or market song Haat bosheche shukrobare and a devotional song O Ganga Ma. Churir chunn chunn is soothing track with a retro touch while Baje guruguru is a peppy number.

Lastly, there is a nostalgic song Din gulo bhola galo na, the video of which was shown to the audience reminiscing the presence of Pancham in Ashas’ life. “I was stunned when she told me she wanted to do Bengali songs. It’s a dream come true for me,” said composer Babul.
On audience request, Asha sang two lines of the famous song Jabo ki jabo na that received a generous round of applause.

Present at the launch were veteran singers Babul Supriyo, Usha Uthup, and Raghab Chatterjee. Usha Utthup pointed out, “Ashaji is an icon and evolving year after year. The jodi of Pancham Da and Asha Di is evergreen.”

“The album’s name is Mone Rekho but there’s no need to remember someone who is unforgettable. We Bengalis should be honoured to receive such a puja gift,” said Babul Supriyo.

From Sarat Chandra to the beauty of Sundarban Asha has a great fondness for Kolkata. She also seemed to have a weakness for Parshe Macher Jhol, Islish Maach Bhaja, Notun Gurrer Shondesh.

“I think Kolkatans are cultured and intellectuals like the Maharastrians,” reflected Asha.
About today’s music and films, she opined, “The simplicity and innocence is absent in today’s films. I don’t see any logic behind names like Kaminey.”

“I feel sad that people download music from Internet. So how will the new singers and audio companies survive? Therefore, I request people to stop piracy,” insisted Asha.

Voted as number 37 on the World Music List, the diva plans to do a Rabindra Sangeet album soon. Asha, who will complete 75 years on September 8, however, remained mum about working with sibling Lata Mangeshkar.

Photos: Goutam Karmakar

http://www.kolkatamirror.com/index.aspx?pa...60467961§xslt=

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
Don't let someone become a priority in your life,
when you are just an option in their life
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 8 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

I will never stop singing: Asha Bhonsle
PTITuesday, September 8, 2009 14:18 IST

New Delhi: Asha Bhonsle, the scintillating voice behind evergreen hits like 'Dil Cheez Kya Hai' and 'Sona Re', turned 76 today and the legendary singer says that it is the love for music and the affection of her audiences that keep her going.

"My music is god's gift to me and I believe that I still have not used even one per cent of it. I like to go on world tours and do more stage shows because it helps me connect with my audience directly," she said.

Bhonsle, who has been the voice behind more that 12,000 songs in a career spanning six decades, however she is not very happy with the quality of songs that are being made in Bollywood.

"It is not that there is a dearth of good songs but it is no longer the same. They sound empty. I do not want to sing for the sake of it. This is why I have limited my singing assignments in Bollywood," the singer says.

From cabaret numbers like 'Aaja, Aaja Main Hoon Pyar Tera' to ghazal's like 'En Ankhon Ki Masti' in 'Umrao Jaan', Bhonsle is one of the most versatile singers in Bollywood by belting out hits, which have been mixed and remixed time and again.

She has crooned for yesteryears' actresses Madhubala, Vaijayantimala, Helen and Asha Parekh to the new-age heroines like Urmila Matondkar and Kareena Kapoor.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/repo...bhonsle_1288467

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 8 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Asha Unplugged over the years
08 Sep, 2009 12:00 am ISTlINDIATIMES MOVIES

From Helen to Urmila Matondkar, we have seen several seductive strokes of Bollywood actresses over the years. But there has been one common element that continues to impart that extra sizzle to these screen seductresses. It’s the evergreen voice of singer Asha Bhosle.

Born on September 8, 1932 in a small village near the Sangli district of Maharashtra, India, Asha Bhosle celebrates her 76th birth anniversary today. As the supremely talented singer continues to rock even after her platinum jubilee, we trace down her life history from a musical Marathi family to being a global singing sensation.

Asha Bhosle was born to Dinanath Mangeshkar, a classical singer and theatre actor from the Mangeshi village in Goa (from where Dinanath derived their surname). She was trained in classical singing by her father till the age of nine when he passed away of heart disease. Subsequently the Mangeshkar family shifted to Bombay and elder sister Lata Mangeskar started singing and acting in films to earn their daily bread and butter.

Asha Bhosle followed the footsteps of Sister Lata Mangeshkar and sang her first film song Chala Chala Nav Bala for the Marathi movie Majha Bal in 1943. In 1948 she made her Hindi film debut with the song Saawan Aaya from a film named Chunariya . This was the same time that she eloped from her family and married a much-elder Ganpatrao Bhosle who was a personal secretary to her sister Lata Mangeshkar. She was only 16 and he was 31. The Mangeshkars strongly disapproved of her marriage and Lata was not on talking terms with Asha Bhosle for a long time. However with the ill-treatment from her in-laws and suspicious behaviour from her husband, the marriage didn’t survive long. A repentant Asha Bhosle returned to the Mangeskhar family with two children and third still in her womb. She severed ties with Ganpatrao but the Bhosle surname remained with her.

Asha Bhosle continued to sing in films to earn money for her family. But she only got to sing for the supporting actress or vamps, which were the songs rejected by the leading female playback singers of that era like Geeta Dutt, Shamshad Begum and her sister Lata Mangeshkar.

With the texture of her voice Asha Bhosle got a chance to sing for Bimal Roy’s Parineeta and Raj Kapoor’s Boot Polish . But it was with O P Nayyar that she got her first big break in CID which was followed by her first big hit in B R Chopra’s Naya Daur . Soon she collaborated with composers like S D Burman and Ravi. In the 70s, there were speculations of a romantic relationship between Asha Bhosle and O P Nayyar and on August 5, 1972 they parted ways personally and professionally on a bitter note.

In late 60s and through the 70s, Asha Bhosle struck a great alliance with music director R D Burman which subsequently resulted in their marriage. She soon became the voice of Helen who sizzled in the item numbers of 70s. Despite her wide vocal range, Asha Bhosle got somewhat typecast in this period and got slotted for singing only sensuous numbers (for O P Nayyar) or Westernized hip-hop tracks (with R D Burman).

This image of Asha Bhosle changed with the Urdu film Umrao Jaan (1981) where Khayyam extracted the finest nuances from her voice in poetic ghazals . She recreated the same magic with Gulzar in Ijaazat (1987) which fetched her The National Award. While Sister Lata Mangeshkar is known for her sugar-coated sweetness, Asha Bhosle is known for her wide-ranged versatility.

Unlike Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle remained active in playback singing for a much longer period and her songs from Dil To Pagal Hai, Taal, Company, Devdas, Lucky and more recently Aap Ka Suroor are still fresh in the minds of her fans. Rangeela needs a special mention for the way in which A R Rehman got the best out of Asha Bhosle.

Asha Bhosle has lent her voice to several private albums, Indipop remixes, regional films, live concerts and also many international albums. In 2006 she was nominated for the Grammy Awards in the category of Best Contemporary World Music Album.

At 76, Asha Bhosle’s golden voice still continues to rule our hearts and minds with the same magical effect like it did six decades back.

Chartbuster Track Record

Sar Pe Topi Lal – Tumsa Nahi Dekha (1957)
Maang Ke Saath Tumhaara – Naya Daur (1957)
Uden Jab Jab Zulfen Teri – Naya Daur (1957)
Aaiye Meherbaan – Howrah Bridge (1958)
Haal Kaisa Hai Janaab Ka – Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi (1959)
Jayiye Aap Kahaan Jaayenge – Mere Sanam (1965)
O Haseena Zulfon Wali – Teesri Manzil (1966)
Piya Tu Ab To Aaja – Caravan (1971)
Dum Maro Dum – Hare Krishna Hare Ram (1971)
Jaane Jaan – Jawani Diwani (1972)
Hum Tum Ek Kamre Mein Band Ho – Bobby (1973)
Chura Liya Hai Tumne – Yaadon Ki Baarat (1973)
Yeh Ladka Hai Allah – Hum Kisi Se Kum Nahi (1977)
Yeh Mera Dil – Don (1978)
Dil Cheez Kya Hai – Umrao Jaan (1981)
Mera Kuch Saaman – Ijaazat (1987)
Tanha Tanha – Rangeela (1995)
Le Gayi Le Gayi – Dil To Pagal Hai (1997)
Kahi Aag Lage – Taal (1999)
Khallas – Company (2002)
Lucky Lips – Lucky (2005)

Interesting Trivia

- Between 1948 and 1957, Asha sang more songs than any other playback singer, though most were relegated to insignificant films or as second singer in duet with the bigger singers like Geeta Dutt, Shamshad Begum and Lata Mangeshkar.

- Initially it was complained that Asha Bhosle used to imitate the then popular singer Geeta Dutt (wife of Guru Dutt). But soon Asha came out of that image and developed a distinct style of her own.

- Asha recorded her last song for O.P. Nayyar for the film Pran Jaye Par Vachan Na Jaye . Though the song Chain se got many awards, it was never included in the actual film.

- Reportedly Helen used to attend the recording sessions of Asha Bhosle so that she could get a proper feel of the song and plan her choreography accordingly.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 10 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Asha Bhosle: Platinum points

Happy Birthday, Ashatai
The evergreen voice of Asha Bhosle continues to reverberate in the hearts of millions, as she turns 76 today. The versatile singer has lent her voice to yesteryears' actresses as well as new-age divas.
Little-known facts about Asha Bhosle
Awards: Asha Bhosle
Gautam Rajadhyaksha , Hindustan Times
Mumbai, September 08, 2008

She first sang at the age of 10, along with her sister Lata Mangeshakar, for a children’s group song for the Marathi film Kiti Hasaal in 1942. The song is accessible on quite a few of the compilation albums of both Asha and Lata..

She would record seven songs a day in her youth. In 1997, she recorded six songs for Kalpana Lajmi’s Darmiyan in a span of eight-hours straight.

R D Burman and she have recorded the largest number of non-film songs for puja festivals.

She loves Latino music, as did R D Burman. She can sing a Maria Callas or a Mozart aria in her own scale.

Whenever she is in low spirits, she heads to shops that sell kitchenware and buys all kinds of cooking utensils. This elevates her mood instantly.

Under the tutelage of Mickey Contractor, she has learnt the art of subtle society make-up. Chloe is her favourite perfume.

She occasionally works out at the gym. She has devised her own version of aerobics, to strengthen her diaphragm, which is good for her breathing.

She has a western sense of interiors and possesses Queen Anne’s-style furniture in her bedroom.

Pele is her sporting hero. She is also a fan of Michael Jackson, whom R D Burman and she first saw live at concert in Las Vegas when he performed with Diana Ross as a child.

She has natural thick black hair, which she inherited from her mother, Mai Mangeshkar whose hair, when she passed away at age 89, had just started greying.

She is an enthusiastic letter writer and SMS-addict. She is currently working on her autobiography which is going to be no-holds-barred.

She has sung in more languages than any other Indian singer - she has recorded songs in every Indian language as well as in Russian, English and Malay.

She is a fantastic cook with a wide repertoire. She has learnt cooking from the wife of sitarist Ustad Rais Khan and Majrooh Sultanpuri’s wife.

Twenty-two of her hand-made recipes are served daily in her restaurants Asha’s in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Birmingham.

In 1997, she became the first Indian singer to be nominated for the Grammy for her classical album, Legacy, with Ustad Ali Akbar Khan.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 10 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Happy Birthday, Ashatai
View More PicturesAsha Bhosle's memorable melodiesAsha Bhosle's golden voice continues to mesmerise millions of people. She has sung over 13,000 songs and still spins magic.

Indo-Asian News Service
New Delhi, September 08, 2009
First Published: 12:40 IST(8/9/2009)
Last Updated: 11:33 IST(9/9/2009)

Print

From yesteryears' actresses Madhubala, Helen and Asha Parekh to the new-age heroines like Urmila Matondkar and Kareena Kapoor, are all bound by a common thread - the evergreen voice of Asha Bhosle, who turns 76 on Tuesday.

Considered one of the most versatile singers of all times, this Padma Vibhushan awardee has crooned more than 12,000 songs. On the occasion of the vivacious singer's birthday, IANS goes down memory lane to remember some of the her all-time hits.

Aaiye Meherban - The sensuous number picturised on then screen goddess Madhubala and Ashok Kumar in the 1958 film "Howrah Bridge" has the same magic effect today on listeners as it did five decades ago.

Jaaiye aap kahan - A beautiful and soulful romantic number picturised on veteran actress Asha Parekh and Biswajeet, the song from the film "Mere Sanam" (1965) is one of the best songs of Asha Bhosle. Her silken vocals instantly strike a chord with the listeners.

Raat Akeli Hai - When we hear this sensual naughty number, it sounds an easy one, but it was difficult to sing as Asha had to change the pace - from slow to fast while singing the song from the film "Jewel Thief" (1976). But she did a great job and it still finds place on music lovers' favourite list.

O mere Sona re - A playful romantic song from Teesri Manzil (1968) represents Asha's light-hearted, free flowing singing style. It was highly appreciated.

Piya tu - Asha always gave that extra zing to her voice while singing cabaret numbers, and Piya tu from the film Caravaan (1971) is one of the best among such songs. In fact, it was the catalyst in making Asha the queen of cabaret numbers. Her style of singing took the track to another pedestal.

Dum maro dum - A cult song, something very different from the usual songs created at that time. The versatile singer changes her usual voice for this gypsy track in Hare Krishna Hare Rama (1971). Free flowing yet powerful, it showed a completely diverse side of Asha.

Chura liya hai tumne - A romantic melody from the film Yaadon Ki Baraat (1973), the song has been a hit for decades. It still appeals to music lovers of all ages, making it an evergreen number. Asha's honey-tucked voice has done wonders for this composition, making it a hot favourite even after 36 years of its release.

Yeh mera dil - Pacy, hip with a strong musical backing, the song from Don (1978) is still regarded as one of the best songs of the film. It seems that no one could have done a better job than Asha. The song is energetic and full on punch.

Dil cheez kya hai - Apart from cbaret numbers and romantic songs, Asha also proved her mettle in singing ghazals. A classic, Dil cheez kya hai from Umrao Jaan (1981) is a ghazal that pulls at one's heart strings. The song marked a bit of a departure from Asha's fast-paced avatar. A classically influenced song, this one is one of the milestones in the singer's career.

Mera kuch samaan - A song that was ahead of its times, it pits Asha in a league apart from her contemporaries. Beautifully composed by R.D. Burman and penned by Gulzar, the lilting melody from the film Ijaazat (1987) proved Asha's versatility in the true sense. Soft music and complete focus on the vocals, made it one of Asha's best songs.

Yayi re yayi re - A 62-year-old Asha Bhosle sung this song in Rangeela (1995), which was picturised on Urmila Matondkar, who was only 21 years old that time. Her voice oozed freshness and punch even after so many years. Needless to say, the song was a big hit.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 10 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/...sha-Bhosle.html

DESCRIPTION: Yaqeen in ankhon ko ye aata nahin hai/ ke main sachmuch tumhare rubaroo hoon. It was a great moment when legendary singer Asha Bhosle graced Bollywood Hungama. In an exclusive 'Down The Memory Lane' interview with Faridoon Shahryar, Asha ji remembered the era of O P Nayyar, R D Burman, Jaidev, Shankar Jaikishan, Khayyam and more. She also spoke about how she added value to her singing with little personal nuances that added life to many of her songs. Asha ji feels 'Umrao Jaan' turned the tide for her career. In a rare gesture, she also sang some of her priceless gems too. Memorable Watch.
MOVIE:
RATING:
LENGTH: 16 Minute(s) 24 Seconds

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Feb 15 2010, 05:18 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Asha Bhosle revisits her childhood in Kolhapur
Shailendra Paranjpe & Mohsin Mulla / DNAMonday, February 15, 2010 0:22 IST

Legendary singer Asha Bhosle recently visited her Kolhapur home where she had spent a few years of her childhood, 60 years ago.

Bhosle, who was in Kolhapur last Tuesday for a Balchitravani documentary shooting, visited the two-storey modest building where the Mangeshkars stayed on rent in the 1940s for 3-4 years before moving to Mumbai.

Only two families occupied the building — the Karekar family on
the ground floor and the Mangeshkars on the first floor. For 78-year-old Suryakant Karekar, the meeting revived childhood memories. He had met her in Mumbai five years ago.

“She recognised me and remembered my nickname —Baban. It was refreshing to hear Ashatai calling me Baban. She had not forgotten my nickname after so many years,” said Karekar, who is a jeweller.

Bhosle remembered how she would fetch water and rocked on the wooden horse with Baban. “Ashatai remembered the time she spent in our house,” Karekar said.

During her visit to Kolhapur, she had planned to visit the Karekar family and faintly remembered that the house was somewhere near the erstwhile Hans theatre.

Pune-based hotelier Sachin Mudshingikar helped her locate the theatre, which is now the Ganesh multipurpose hall. Mudshingikar got the location from its owner Ravi Navare.

“I had met Ashatai in Mumbai more than five years ago. She had participated in a programme at Gadhinglaj town to help collect funds for a welfare organisation run by my sister Keshar, who passed away last year,” Karekar said.

Asha’s 10-minute visit to her childhood home brought back many memories. “She recounted how they enjoyed my mother’s cooking and her scoldings,” Karekar said.

He recalled that as children, Asha and he had etched their names on tin sheets used as a partition in the house. Those names were there till the sheets got damaged recently, he said.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/repo...olhapur_1347910

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Mar 2 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Mumbai for all who work hard: Asha Bhosle
Shailendra Paranjpe / DNATuesday, March 2, 2010 1:17 IST Email

Pune: It was the now routine ‘Mumbai for all’ statement alright. But veteran singer Asha Bhosle sought to put in place the appropriate logic while declaring on Sunday that the city belonged to all of India.

Mumbai belongs to those who work hard, she said. One of the country’s celebrated singers, Bhosle could not have chosen a better occasion to deliver her message. For, present at the function to honour her was Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray, known for his strong anti-migrant stand.

“Mumbai belongs to all those who work tirelessly, day and night, in the city. Our people (Maharashtrians) should also do such hard work. I worked tirelessly and that is the reason why no one could snatch away what was due to me,” she said. Dwelling upon her own struggles, she said she had to undergo extreme hardship.

Responding to a question in a public interview conducted by a TV channel, Bhosle said she belonged to all of India as she had sung in many languages. At the same time, she was proud of being a Maharashtrian.

This post has been edited by Sharmila-Sweet: Mar 2 2010, 12:06 PM

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Mar 4 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Asha snubs Raj Thackeray

Yogesh Joshi, Hindustan Times
Email Author
Pune, March 02, 2010
First Published: 13:02 IST(2/3/2010)
Last Updated: 18:45 IST(2/3/2010)

“Mumbai belongs to all.” When legendary singer, Asha Bhosale, said these words in her velvety voice, nobody could say a word. And that includes Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray, who was sharing the dais with the singer when she made this statement.

The snub came on Sunday evening during an event, Swar-Asha, in Pune, organised by channel, Mi Marathi. It all began when Raj, in his speech, said: “Asha Bhosale has sung many songs in different languages. People in different parts [of India] accept these songs as their own. This happened only because she is Marathi.”

After Raj’s speech, television personality, Sudhir Gadgil, interviewed Bhosale and asked her to comment on the work done by migrants coming to Mumbai. “Mumbai belongs to all of India,” Bhosale replied. “No one can snatch the job of a man who works here [in Mumbai] from morning to evening. Our people [the Maharashtrian community] should also show the readiness to work hard.”

Raj chose not to react. MNS spokesperson, Shrish Parkar, also refused to comment. “I have nothing to say on this,” said Parkar. But a slight from Bhosale means a rejection from one of Raj’s political agenda by one of his own. Bhosale is known to be close to Raj and his uncle, Shiv Sena chief, Bal Thackeray.

When industrialist, Mukesh Ambani, and cricketing icon, Sachin Tendulkar, made similar statements a few days ago, they received flak from the Shiv Sena.

This time, however, the Sena chose not to comment.

After the event concluded, Raj and Bhosale had a brief discussion at the exit but what they spoke about was not known.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Apr 6 2010, 10:45 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Asha Bhosle Live In Concert Toronto - 5th April 2010

Pix here at:

http://filmicafe.com/photo_event_images.ph...5&sort=view

+Quote Post
surhall
post Apr 6 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 86

hi

last two time her not held in toronto
this show i not love . she sing new song, her godfather O P NAYYAR
ji bhool gai. not good. i lft after one hour..oold music lover also not happy wast pof money..
In TORONTO everbeen good show was LATA JI< RAFI<> MUKESH<

asha ji ko o p nayyar ke naam se jaantey hain

they givr old is gold song.
dhall

This post has been edited by surhall: Apr 6 2010, 11:40 AM
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Jun 8 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Asha Bhonsle, Javed Akhtar join Twitter

The older generation of Bollywood is becoming more and more pro at catching up on Twitter.

After actors Shammi Kapoor [ Images ] and Amitabh Bachchan [ Images ], it is veteran singer Asha Bhonsle and lyricist Javed Akhtar [ Images ] who have entered into the micro-blogging sphere.

While Akhtar joined Twitter on Monday, the 76-year-old singer has been on the site for quite sometime now but was welcomed by filmmaker Karan Johar [ Images ] on Tuesday.

"Apologies for my late twitter announcement... the legend... and the voice that nurtured my love for the movies @ashabhonsle is in the house!!!(sic)," Johar tweeted.

The Chura liya hai hitmaker already has 3946 followers.

"Pancham jokingly referred to song Mera Kuch Samaan as Luggage Song. My band members still call it that when we are on concert tour," reads Bhosle's latest tweet.

But Akhtar, 65, has already outdone the singer as far as number of followers is concerned, garnering 4638 within 19 hours of joining Twitter.

"Hi everybody. This is Javed Akhtar joining the twitter club. Hope to share ideas, thoughts, feelings, experiences with you all. May I!" he wrote in his very first tweet.

The lyricist was welcomed by Johar as well, who wrote, "@javedakhtarjadu adds to twitter humour and perspective!!! Follow the man and his cartloads of wisdom!!"

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Jun 14 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Helen's chocolate treat to Asha
By IANS, 13 June, 2010

Legendary singer Asha Bhonsle, who has crooned numerous numbers for yesteryears' dancing diva Helen, says the latter used to send chocolates for every number she liked.

'Helen-ji used to call me before a recording and say 'Asha-ji mein gaa rahi hoon. Pyaar se gaayega'. Wonderful, elegant lady,' Asha posted on her Twitter homepage.

'If she particularly liked a song, Helen-ji used to send me chocolates. (I) never asked her if she actually ate chocolates. Must ask her,' she added.

The 76-year-old has voiced numerous cabaret number for Helen like 'Piya tu ab to aaja', 'O haseena zulfoon wali' and 'Yeh mera dil'.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Jun 18 2010, 09:57 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Asha Bhosle on the sets of 'Indian Idol 5'

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/stills/par...#39;/index.html

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Jun 23 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Sharing the Idol stage with Asha Bhosle!
June 23, 2010 12:38 IST

http://movies.rediff.com/report/2010/jun/2...dol-5-recap.htm

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:06 AM