Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

What Is Sanskreet

> What Is Sanskreet
IDOL
post Apr 28 2006, 05:29 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1583

Hi Friends,

My classmate is from Burma.......he showed me his language's writing........the alphabet..........he said that it came from Sanskret.........i used to think that Sanskreet is Hindu Religion's Holy book.........now i wonder if it's a peice of litrature......or?........plz do share ur knowledge.........

thank u

.......................................................................IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
NATURE
post May 1 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2238

mandy, i don't say these theories are wrong or just because they want to prove their supremacy.
i have no hard feeling against them but see the asian people or indian subcontinent or middle east,
they just take it granted that all those scientific discoveries are the truth and nothing but the truth.
why so ? many of them don't even analyse or read them properly.

no mandy, not every western people is like that. there are many who don't believe in aryan invasion
theory. in 1808 german scholar friedrich schlegel postulated that india is the source of the orginal language,
i think he meant "indo-european" languages which include "indo-iranian" languages too.

french scholar françois-marie arouet(voiltaire) said "It does not behove us, who were only savages
and barbarians when these Indian and Chinese peoples were civilized and learned, to dispute their
antiquity."
in 1790, linguistic william jones accepted the kinship of sanskrit with other european languages. to which
he says "both sanskrit and european languages have a common source which no longer exists".
i doubt on him here. he doesn't want to accept that sanskrit may be the source of all the languages,
but he can't prove that other european languages are the source of sanskrit because it may not be
logical. so he proposed his own theory just to deny the supremacy of sanskrit.
otherwise why should i accept that there is a common souce of these languages ? in fact it can be proved
that sanskrit is much older. i think voiltaire was not satisfied by jones' theory, that's why he said that line.
don't think i am adamant but i don't see enough logic to believe in what william jones said.

in some old iranian sacred texts, the battles in rig-veda are described. so scholars feel aryan came
from europe and middle east. why can't it happen that there were transportations of many kinds say
langauge, culture, science. so at that time they all knew about neighbouring countries ???
ofcourse it is a true fact that in centuries bc and also in medeval ages, arabian and people from middle
east came to indian subcontinent, stayed here. during that time, there was a tranfer of all kinds of skills
that's how a part of scientific knowledge and other technology tranfered to middle east and from them to
europe. (if u know the concept of zero(0) was tranfered from india to arab first and then to europe, may
be this is the reason why many european still believe zero was discovered by arabian scholars) ...

but there's no proof that whethere this was happened in thousands of years ago or not.
main problem is in civilizations like sumerian they have found written informations date back to 3100 bc,
whereas vedic knowledge was believed to have been transfered from generations to generations hence
no written info, so no one can support if there was no aryan invasion.

QUOTE(Ummer @ May 1 2007, 10:34 AM) *

lol! I have deleted my posts. The debate has turned more into taunts and sarcasms than any useful
discussion. The topic is closed from my side... laugh.gif

Oh by the way Mandrake, I didn't realize that you were just joking about Dravidian invasion theory tongue1.gif...
(duh! on my part).

taunts and sarcasms ? no man, i don't see. if you are talking about jokes by mandy then i guess this is
because he feels people just believe in such theories without even analysing the facts. and western
people don't want accept if india is the souce of there langauges. so they propose theories like that.
if you are talking about my posts, then it is just because i don't want to be so conventional ...

recent archeological discoveries has allowed scepticism at these theories: "harappa, mahenjo-daro,
mehrgarh" are just few examples. only problem is no text document is found. so all those we have
been reading from school days like aryan invasion, veda/sanskrit is not pure indian ...
or whatsoever are still believed and read. so let's analyse and increase our domain of knowledge,
the conclusion can be anything. let's stop taunts and sarcasms. smile.gif smile.gif

Jo Milte hain, voh nahi milte
Aur Jo Nahi Milte, Vohin Vaastav mein milte hai
Kaaran jo hai, voh nahi hai
Aur jo nahi hai, vohin hai.
Ye keval Shabdo ki heraa-pheri nahi hai
Aur heraa-pheri hain bhi
Yehin Darshan hai
Aur isi hone naa hone, milne naa milne ke beech mein
maayaa kaa samudra hai
+Quote Post
Ummer
post May 2 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 1784

QUOTE(NATURE @ May 1 2007, 02:12 AM) *

mandy, i don't say these theories are wrong or just because they want to prove their supremacy.
i have no hard feeling against them but see the asian people or indian subcontinent or middle east,
they just take it granted that all those scientific discoveries are the truth and nothing but the truth.
why so ? many of them don't even analyse or read them properly.

Nature,

The results which I posted were not about Aryan Invasion, sorry if I gave that impression. It is about the mixing of populations and people moving or migrating from one place to another (recent to distant past). It included the genetic tests on smaller ethnic groups like Makranis, Parsis, Hunzas, Kalashas and many others.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
KHOBI   What Is Sanskreet   Apr 28 2006, 05:29 AM
Mandrake   Khobi dear, pls make a visit to India. You'll ...   Apr 28 2006, 07:04 AM
august   Sanskrit is also called as "girvaan bharati...   Apr 29 2006, 04:56 PM
KHOBI   Khobi dear, pls make a visit to India. You'll...   Apr 29 2006, 07:36 PM
Mandrake   always happy to be of use, Khobi :smile: A small ...   Apr 29 2006, 07:46 PM
Sharad   Mandrake do you happen to know when the present da...   Sep 15 2006, 12:38 PM
NATURE   khobi jaan, everything is told by mandrake ji. any...   Sep 25 2006, 07:57 PM
sbfan   very nice discussion.. was sanskrit language of co...   Jan 8 2007, 03:58 PM
Mandrake   I guess I didn't see this thread for a long ti...   Jan 8 2007, 04:11 PM
Mandrake   Yes sbfan, one of the biggest literatures of all ...   Jan 8 2007, 04:13 PM
sbfan   Yes sbfan, one of the biggest literatures of all...   Jan 8 2007, 07:35 PM
parag_sankla   Yes sbfan, one of the biggest literatures of all...   Jan 8 2007, 07:49 PM
august   Suhas, I think it is the other way round as far ...   Jan 9 2007, 12:54 AM
desai2rn   Yes sbfan, one of the biggest literatures of all...   Jan 8 2007, 09:31 PM
august   i thought that word ' putri' was used for ...   Jan 8 2007, 07:25 PM
sbfan   practiclly the language i think most close to sans...   Jan 8 2007, 07:56 PM
Mandrake   Parag, I think we are talking the same thing. :) T...   Jan 8 2007, 08:50 PM
sbfan   matlab auggi.. me.marathi mein nill appears to be...   Jan 9 2007, 01:00 AM
august   many regional languages were derived from Sanskrit...   Jan 9 2007, 02:39 PM
oye_sonu   :bow: :bow: Salaam to all members who posted in t...   Jan 10 2007, 12:32 AM
sbfan   wah sonu kya ratio hai!!!!!...   Jan 10 2007, 12:53 AM
august   for origin of Tamil, please refer to following art...   Jan 10 2007, 03:50 AM
visuja   Sigh august... :( The very first line in that art...   Jan 10 2007, 08:43 AM
bibhas   Sigh august... :( The very first line in that ar...   Jan 10 2007, 09:09 AM
visuja   Thanks bibhas :smile:. a pdf file of the original...   Jan 10 2007, 09:54 AM
bibhas   Hi Friends what are the recent developments for ...   Jan 10 2007, 08:02 PM
sbfan   [quote name='sbfan' post='327375' date='Jan 9 200...   Apr 29 2007, 10:17 AM
sbfan   Hi Friends what are the recent developments for t...   Jan 10 2007, 10:08 AM
NATURE   But note the extra 'a' in my post. sorr...   Jan 10 2007, 06:10 PM
oye_sonu   :bow: Thanks every one for the information. I was ...   Jan 11 2007, 06:17 PM
oye_sonu   Nature bhai Didnt knew That There are 73 Drav...   Jan 11 2007, 06:19 PM
Mandrake   lol...you guys are reading the story completely ba...   Apr 30 2007, 07:23 AM
sani_thakur   Wow -- awesome discussion. Mandrake is absolutely...   May 4 2007, 11:23 AM
Mandrake   Just debating, Ummer, ok? :) Nothing more to my po...   Apr 30 2007, 10:36 AM
NATURE   Wake up guys, it is time to discuss the Dravidian...   Apr 30 2007, 11:51 AM
Mandrake   Nature!!! You are a man/woman/boy/girl...   Apr 30 2007, 02:50 PM
Ummer   lol! I have deleted my posts. The debate has t...   May 1 2007, 09:34 AM
NATURE   mandy, i don't say these theories are wrong or...   May 1 2007, 12:42 PM
Ummer   mandy, i don't say these theories are wrong o...   May 2 2007, 12:14 PM
Mandrake   Ummer, deepest apologies if I hurt you. I don...   May 1 2007, 02:53 PM
Ummer   Ummer, deepest apologies if I hurt you. I don...   May 2 2007, 11:05 AM
Ummer   Mandrake, I think I shouldn't have used the w...   May 2 2007, 10:52 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:09 AM