Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reasonably Rare Lata Songs - Not Available Easily

, solos and duets from the 50s and 60s

26 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reasonably Rare Lata Songs - Not Available Easily, solos and duets from the 50s and 60s
sangeetbhakt
post Sep 23 2005, 03:21 PM
Post #61

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1288

QUOTE(sri @ Sep 17 2005, 04:30 AM) *

QUOTE(shuklas @ Sep 17 2005, 03:56 AM)
Mahesh Jee & Sri :
Please upload any and every songs of Aao Pyar kare.....have not heard since ages...Looking forward to have these upload.
Shuklas

Shuklas,

Here's one I like from Aao pyar karen (1964), sung by Lata
Ek sunehri shaam thi, behki behki zindagi
Raah mein hum tum mile, meri palkon ke tale
Aashiyan tera ban gaya

Music of Usha Khanna and lyrics of Rajinder Krishan

Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

This is a beautiful song. Based on the songs that I know, I would rank this as the best
song in the Lata/Usha Khanna partnership. I believe the Lata songs from "Hum hindustaani"
were popular, but I think none of them come close to this song or the other solo from
this film "TamannaoN ko khilne de". Thanx for a good recording of this song.

Lata is just superb in this song. Last night, while flipping thru channels, I came across
one of those shows where singers are given training. I think this is related somehow to
Ismail Darbar (in fact, he may have been the guy coaching). This girl was trying to
sing "Na ja mere humdum". And she seemed good enough. But the coach was trying
to explain to her that this was a Lata song and had to be handled with the appropriate
delicacy. As he explained to the girl how to do it, she failed several times. When she
finally sang it on stage, she had managed to tone down the rough edges but in the
process, the life also went out of the song. And that is when one realizes what the
Mangeshkar sisters are able to achieve, and why they epitomize the best in their craft.
And the 2 Lata solos from this film show just how magnificently Lata provides delicacy
to a song.

QUOTE(sri @ Sep 9 2005, 12:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Mohsin26 @ Sep 9 2005, 06:36 AM)
Any Body Will upload more songs from Be-Nazeer ???

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>1. Alvida jane wafa meri manzil Aa Gayi  <span style='color:purple'>(Lata)</span>

2. Mil ja jane jana mil ja  <span style='color:purple'>(Lata)</span></span>

Plzzzz...

Mera Khayaal hai yeh song 800 times Download hongey  smile1.gif

i will i will .... just be patient !!

you will hear it very soon

sri

I am really looking forward to listening to "Alvida jaan-e-wafa meri manzil aa gayi".
Any copy of the film that I have ever seen has not had this song. Don't know if it
was included in the film or not. Anyway, I have heard about this song, but never
heard it myself. Is it on the "Benazir" CD??

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 23 2005, 03:56 PM
Post #62

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2760

QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Sep 23 2005, 03:21 PM) *
I am really looking forward to listening to "Alvida jaan-e-wafa meri manzil aa gayi". Any copy of the film that I have ever seen has not had this song. Don't know if it was included in the film or not. Anyway, I have heard about this song, but never

sangeetbhakt - thanks for your great comments.
about the song 'alvida jaan-e-wafa' - i somehow thought these words were connected with the last song of the film when meena kumari dances for the last time in the story and dies ... but that song in the film is 'gham nahin jo zindagi veeraan hai' and these words do not appear - in any case the last song is an Asha Bhosle number and not Lata's. So my fault for misleading on this issue .... there is no song with these words in the CD of the film. Earth music also lists a Rafi song 'le gayi ek haseena' - this song is also not to be found

Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post Sep 23 2005, 05:28 PM
Post #63

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1288

QUOTE(sri @ Sep 23 2005, 03:26 AM) *

QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Sep 23 2005, 03:21 PM) *
I am really looking forward to listening to "Alvida jaan-e-wafa meri manzil aa gayi". Any copy of the film that I have ever seen has not had this song. Don't know if it was included in the film or not. Anyway, I have heard about this song, but never

sangeetbhakt - thanks for your great comments.
about the song 'alvida jaan-e-wafa' - i somehow thought these words were connected with the last song of the film when meena kumari dances for the last time in the story and dies ... but that song in the film is 'gham nahin jo zindagi veeraan hai' and these words do not appear - in any case the last song is an Asha Bhosle number and not Lata's. So my fault for misleading on this issue .... there is no song with these words in the CD of the film. Earth music also lists a Rafi song 'le gayi ek haseena' - this song is also not to be found

Sri

I do believe the song was recorded for this film and somebody who has
heard it says that it is a really lovely one. But as it is not in the film
itself and not on the CD, it is hard to come by. Perhaps Dharamvir-ji
or Mahesh have it???
+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Sep 24 2005, 09:54 PM
Post #64

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 402

As promised in another thread here's Pyar ki dastan from Faraar (1965). Music : Hemant Kumar, Lyrics: Kaifi Azmi. 3:16 mins @ 128. This madhur love story was uploaded many moons ago by the Shuklas (if memory serves me right). I have edited it and uploaded it once since, here it is again - hope the sound is good for you Sri ji smile1.gif

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
+Quote Post
divz
post Sep 25 2005, 09:24 AM
Post #65

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2049

QUOTE(Talaikya @ Sep 24 2005, 09:54 PM) *
As promised in another thread here's Pyar ki dastan from Faraar (1965). Music : Hemant Kumar, Lyrics: Kaifi Azmi. 3:16 mins @ 128. This madhur love story was uploaded many moons ago by the Shuklas (if memory serves me right). I have edited it and uploaded it once since, here it is again - hope the sound is good for you Sri ji smile1.gif

thank you Tji.......... smile1.gif

" Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game "
+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 25 2005, 09:56 AM
Post #66

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

As promised in another thread here's Pyar ki dastan from Faraar (1965). I have edited it and uploaded it once since, here it is again - hope the sound is good for you Sri ji smile1.gif
thanks a lot - sounds quite ok - edited for tape hiss ?? sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Sep 25 2005, 09:57 AM
Post #67

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sri @ Sep 25 2005, 12:26 AM) *

As promised in another thread here's Pyar ki dastan from Faraar (1965). I have edited it and uploaded it once since, here it is again - hope the sound is good for you Sri ji smile1.gif
thanks a lot - sounds quite ok - edited for tape hiss ?? sri

I expect so, I don't quite remember.

+Quote Post
shuklas
post Sep 25 2005, 07:02 PM
Post #68

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 376

Talaikya

Thanks Talakiya for edited upload.Indeed its lot better. Wondering if any one has CDQ please upload.May be Mohd.Saab might have it. We look forward to have re-load.

Shuklas

नग्मा वोही जिसे रूह सुनें और रूह सुनायें
+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Sep 26 2005, 09:45 AM
Post #69

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Source www)
After the great success of classical music of Baiju Bawara (1953), Naushad had already won the admiration of the famous producer V. Shantaram. In 1953, when Shantaram was planning to produce his most famous film Jhanak Jhanak Payal Baje , he initially invited Naushad to compose music for this film. At this time, Naushad already knew that great music director Vasant Desai was already an employee of Shantaram's Rajkamal studios. Naushad thanked Shantaram for the offer. But after a few minutes of chat, pointed out that when music director of the caliber of Vasant Desai was already available in Rajkamal Studios, it would be appropriate that Shantaram offer this film music to Vasant Desai. He also stressed that Vasant Desai was fully capable of giving classical based music. So Naushad was noble enough to forego the opportunity to compose music for Shantaram's film. After coming to know about this incident, next day, Vasant Desai, with tears in his eyes, personally came to Naushad and thanked him for this noble gesture. We all know that Vasant Desai did a wonderful job in composing classical based music for the film Jhanak Jhanak Payal Baje.

From JJPB - O suno suno ji more rasiya man basiya, kuchh kuchh tumse bole ankhiyan. Lyrics: Hasrat Jaipuri. It's a CD rip and sounds restored. How much restored, I can't tell.

3:43 mins @ 128

Sri ji - I am not by any means qualified to judge the rarity or otherwise of this one, do forgive me if it doesn't belong here.

Zippoo ji - was the sar pitaii worth it??

+Quote Post
mohd2004
post Sep 26 2005, 10:31 AM
Post #70

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 419

QUOTE(shuklas @ Sep 25 2005, 08:02 PM) *

Talaikya

Thanks Talakiya for edited upload.Indeed its lot better. Wondering if any one has CDQ please upload.May be Mohd.Saab might have it. We look forward to have re-load.

Shuklas

Sorry Shuklas, I have checked the version I have, its same as the one uploaded by Talaikya-ji.

Mohd.
+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 28 2005, 09:54 PM
Post #71

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

For Lata Mangeshkar's 76th birthday, here's a relatively rare number which I like a lot :

Mera dil baharon ka woh phool hai,
jise gulsitan ki nazar lag gayi

from the film
'Adhi raat ke baad' (1965) with music of Chitragupt.
Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

+Quote Post
sri
post Oct 1 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #72

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Title song from the film 'Jab yaad kisi ki aati hai' 1967
starring Dharmendra, Mala Sinha
Music : Madan Mohan; Lyrics : Raja Mehdi Ali Khan
Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

+Quote Post
sri
post Oct 2 2005, 02:51 AM
Post #73

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

A lively song from the film Mem-didi ( 1961 ) starring Tanuja, Lalita Pawar
music : Salil Chowdhury

Bhulado zindagi ke gham, taraana chhedo pyar ka
Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

+Quote Post
sri
post Oct 9 2005, 03:07 PM
Post #74

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Lovely, lovely, charming song from 'Main bhi ladki hoon' 1964 - and one of my favourite tunes :
Chanda se hoga woh pyaara, phoolon se hoga woh nyaara
Lata Mangeshkar in rare combination with P B Srinivas
(his name 's always spelt as Srinivos, though !!)
P B Srinivas was well known in south indian films for his lovely, soft voice - a-la Talat Mahmood and has many many hits to his name. I was fortunate to have heard him in a live concert about 30 years ago ... where he sang this song and left all of us in a trance for several hours

On screen, Meena Kumari and Dharmendra sing the song - eagerly anticipating the arrival of their baby - whom they are describing in the song. This tune was originally composed by R Sudarsanam (with the lyrics of Kannadasan) for the Tamil version of the film 'Naanum oru penn' released in 1963 - and was sung by T M Sounderarajan and P Susheela. The same tune has been retained by Chitragupt for the hindi version. For those interested I am also providing a small sample clip of the original song in Tamil.
Enjoy !!! gift.gif

Sri

+Quote Post
visuja
post Oct 10 2005, 06:02 AM
Post #75

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2745

Sri-ji,

Thanks for the Hindi version. smile.gif Could you also upload the Tamil version at one of the Tamil sub-fora ? Or if its considered common among old Tamil song collectors, I'll look for it at coolgoose sad.gif

Thanks in anticipation...

Vivek
+Quote Post

26 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:29 PM