Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

My Tribute To Rafi Sahab 31st July 2011

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Tribute To Rafi Sahab 31st July 2011
TAZ
post Aug 1 2011, 01:40 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6586

Rafi sahab was that rare gift given to us from God which shined through his voice - his humbleness - his kind deeds - his everlasting smile - God decided his time with us would not be long and hence taken on this sad day in 1980.

I remember my father listening to the radio in the UK on the 2nd August 1980 (the only indian radio programme aired at that time) where the sad news of Rafi sahab passing was anounced and his songs were being played. My father was informing my mother with sadness that Rafi sahab was no more, I was eleven years old that time and that was the first time I heard who Mohammed Rafi was! - Ever since then I have been a huge fan and admirer of this great humble man. Even to this present time I am still discovering songs of Rafi sahab which I have never heard before and discovering many of his kind deeds and gestures of helping people.

I always think of Rafi sahab and I often think when listening to some of his emotional numbers, Why was he taken so early in his life?? How many more great numbers we could have heard by him if he lived on many more years but this was not meant to be by the grace of God.

If only I could have met him and embraced him and hear that soft spoken voice!!

I personally feel to an extent Rafi sahab was treated quite unfairly in the last ten years of his life by the film/music industry but deep down those who treated him this way knew perfectly well of his immense talent and supreme as a singer and had deeply regretted their actions after his passing. However it was Rafi sahab's greatness as a singer that kept him in the hearts of millions around the world as the number one singer, especially when he won his 6th filmfare award and national award two years before his passing for one of his all time super hits "Kya hua tera wada" which was ironically an RD Burman composition.

So with no surprise at all to know that when he passed away on this fateful day he was at the number one position in the industry rendering more hits than any other singer that year in 1980 !!

Rafi sahab we miss you with all our hearts !!!!!

This post has been edited by TAZ: Aug 1 2011, 06:00 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
surhall
post Aug 1 2011, 06:18 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 86

hi
thanks this story
dhall
+Quote Post
venkat
post Aug 1 2011, 01:50 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6841

Thank you, Taz, for saying it so well and so right!!! smile1.gif

Venkat

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

Mohammed Rafi: Highest Quantity Of Greatest Quality In Mind-boggling Variety!!!
+Quote Post
shashankchickermane72
post Aug 31 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 59072

What a photo it is???

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
THE GREAT FILM MUSIC LEGENDS
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:32 AM