Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Is The Genius In Sachin Tendulkar Fading Away???? Lets Debate

, A debate on Sachin's current form and career length.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is The Genius In Sachin Tendulkar Fading Away???? Lets Debate, A debate on Sachin's current form and career length.
Sachin - THE END
How long would Sachin play for INDIA?
3 more years [ 5 ] ** [35.71%]
5 more years [ 4 ] ** [28.57%]
Until World Cup 2007 [ 5 ] ** [35.71%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
vishwa88
post Feb 2 2006, 04:18 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2222

Hello Everybody.........am back with a new topic

SACHIN TENDULKAR
unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

There has already been a lot talked about sachin's form for the past year or so in the tests and the ODIs. The real essence of it is "ARE WE SEEING THE FINAL STAGES OF SACHIN'S CAREER ???"

His batting has definitely changed, no question about it. It attributes to his maturity as a individual and as a cricketer. But the way he got out in the tests against PAK, somehow i feel it suggests something else. He was all over the place yesterday when he got out to Mohammed Asif and didnt move his feet as quickly as he should have in the first innings when bowled by Abdur Razzaq.

I was watching the 2nd inning of Karachi Test yesterday. A couple of commentators includig Rameez Raza were convinced that he looked set for the big innings. The way he belted Shoaib Akthar for a pull and a backfoot square drive suggested that he was at it. Finally he misjugded the bounce and was castled. With this, some cricket writers are already saying he has played his last innings in PAK.

Seeing all this I get a feeling he has lost the sting in his belly. His commitment to the team is unquestionable, I do not deny that. He is a champion cricketer and he needs a challenge to perform. With the INDIAN team, as we can see, is no longer dependending on the "TENDULKAR FACTOR" to perform, I feel it has affected his approach and contributions to the team.

With all this said lets get your views.

"IS THIS THE DUSK OF THE SACHIN ERA????"......THE DEBATE IS ON

Wise men talk because they have something to say....

Fools talk because they have to say something
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fiftysomeone
post Feb 2 2006, 07:51 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 2341

QUOTE(vishwa88 @ Feb 2 2006, 04:18 AM) *

Hello Everybody.........am back with a new topic

SACHIN TENDULKAR
unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif
There has already been a lot talked about sachin's form for the past year or so in the tests and the ODIs. The real essence of it is "ARE WE SEEING THE FINAL STAGES OF SACHIN'S CAREER ???"
His batting has definitely changed, no question about it. It attributes to his maturity as a individual and as a cricketer. But the way he got out in the tests against PAK, somehow i feel it suggests something else. He was all over the place yesterday when he got out to Mohammed Asif and didnt move his feet as quickly as he should have in the first innings when bowled by Abdur Razzaq.
I was watching the 2nd inning of Karachi Test yesterday. A couple of commentators includig Rameez Raza were convinced that he looked set for the big innings. The way he belted Shoaib Akthar for a pull and a backfoot square drive suggested that he was at it. Finally he misjugded the bounce and was castled. With this, some cricket writers are already saying he has played his last innings in PAK.
Seeing all this I get a feeling he has lost the sting in his belly. His commitment to the team is unquestionable, I do not deny that. He is a champion cricketer and he needs a challenge to perform. With the INDIAN team, as we can see, is no longer dependending on the "TENDULKAR FACTOR" to perform, I feel it has affected his approach and contributions to the team.
With all this said lets get your views.
"IS THIS THE DUSK OF THE SACHIN ERA????"......THE DEBATE IS ON

Somehow I don't see his form + fitness lasting 3 years. However his presence will be reassuring for WC2007, even though he may not make match-winning contributions.

+Quote Post
tracknest
post Feb 2 2006, 08:58 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 3031

Even the mighty Sun has to set at the end of the day. By God's grace I have a reasonable understanding of the game and having played myself, all i can say is that it is foolish and naive to judge Sachin by these recent failures. With the kind of injury he has had most would have given up the game.

Surely his injury has a major role to play in his recent failures.

Sachin has at least 3 to 4 years of cricket left in him. Never ever doubt the claws of a tiger even if he is ageing. Fom me these recent failures are miniscule for a man who is probably the greatest batsman after Don Bradman.

Hence dont write hum off so soon.

IF WISHES WERE HORSES THEN BEGGARS WOULD RIDE
+Quote Post
desai2rn
post Feb 2 2006, 09:14 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 189

I feel Sachin will be aroud for a while. It would not be realistic to expect
him to repeat past performances. But he will still command respect from oppostion and be a threat as long as he is around.

Ramesh.

R a m e s h
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Feb 2 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2066

Sachin keeps scoring peanuts, but is wanted as a 'mentor' in the team. Ganguly keeps scoring more than him and is declared finished.

Yuvraj keeps scoring in every 6th match and is called the player of the future. Kaif is tried out for 1 game and dropped for 5.

Cricket is a phunny game...

Self - belief is the most potent force.
+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Feb 2 2006, 11:35 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 120

First the disclaimer: I have always liked to do a neutral analysis on any debate related to cricket but on the topic of Sachin Tendulkar, I may sound biased.

Sachin Tendulkar is certainly not going through the best of his time. But I doubt whether he is finished yet. He still has enough to be in the team. Was just now watching his knock of 177 in 1996. He was flawless then. He certainly has developed some flaws but they are not in his technique. He has unfortunately developed some mental flaws. If he sheds them, he can again be dangerous. Few shots he played yesterday before getting "floored" were good enough to prove that he is still good in his technique. His body however has slowed down and since he is a human being made out of flesh and bones like us, 16 years of cricket will definately make some difference. Few people say that it will be good for Indian cricket if he hangs his boots. I would say, it will be good for cricket if he returns to his form...

Finally, I think we have this tendency to over-worship and over-crucify our heroes too soon. And this applies to Ganguly as well.

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

--------------------------------------------

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Feb 3 2006, 07:17 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Correct Vivek, we over-do everything.

The point is, if every guy is selected on merit and current form, the same should be applied to SRT too. Why is he being picked on past glory?

+Quote Post
vishwa88
post Feb 3 2006, 08:22 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 2222

QUOTE(Mandrake @ Feb 2 2006, 07:47 PM) *

The point is, if every guy is selected on merit and current form, the same should be applied to SRT too. Why is he being picked on past glory?

Thanks for the replies and the responses.

Coming to the point Mr. Mandrake, If sachin is just another cricketer a decision can be taken, as u have said, based on current form. There were a long number of years when

INDIAN CRICKET = SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR.

Right from the day he scored his third century at perth, he has been carrying the whole nation on his shoulders. He has played withstanding enormous pressure to perform. The problem has been the expectations on him. This expectation is still the same, even now he is blamed because he is expected to perform. Had he lived to our expectations he would have scored around 200 international centuries. Only low point is his performances have not won us a series abroad.

No selector or a BCCI official would even dare to think of dropping sachin based on his current form. His services to the game of cricket and Indian cricket is enormous. I havent seen the Don play, but I am very fortunate to see this man - Sachin. He is one (hu)man who is capable of anything in batting. Let alone the players who are up against him, I have read even the bookmakers wont fix the odds until sachin is out.

Your argument please.......

Wise men talk because they have something to say....

Fools talk because they have to say something
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Feb 3 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

To all this, Mr. Vishwa, I have only one thing to say: Sachin is a dear, personal friend.
And still I maintain, he needs to be judged by a uniform scale. In his own pet words - 'yesterday is history..'

+Quote Post
catch22
post Feb 3 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 1172

In your vote options, you did'nt give 'no more'. I would have taken this option. We tend to get emotional about our heroes, a good feeling but but unrealistic, if you want to look ahead. He is a legend, had his day in the sun, the nation is proud of him & all the rest. But, there is something called as, retiring gracefully. Unfortunately, in the present day & age with big time money involved, this is not the order of the day. Players would like to extend their lifeline as long as it is possible, one can't blame them though. Like the saying goes, 'one should retire when people ask why? and not why not?'. It will take a few more such Karachi scenes where we see our hero on all fours before he decides to call it a day.

"The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it."
"Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing what he read made him mad. "
"You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race. "
George Bernard Shaw
+Quote Post
tracknest
post Feb 3 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 3031

QUOTE(Mandrake @ Feb 3 2006, 07:17 AM) *

Mr. Mandrake

Your comments are rational. However one has to look at a broader picture when making a decision on Sachin.

He is not your other Ranji Trophy bubble. He has a proven track record. Fine he has not being performing to our expectations but form is temporary and class is permanent.

It was sound a bit odd but Sachin cant be weighed on the same scale with other lesser players.

Sachin is Sachin....thats the way it is and I am happy the selectors view it in the same manner.

IF WISHES WERE HORSES THEN BEGGARS WOULD RIDE
+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Feb 3 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mandrake @ Feb 3 2006, 08:47 AM) *
To all this, Mr. Vishwa, I have only one thing to say: Sachin is a dear, personal friend.
And still I maintain, he needs to be judged by a uniform scale. In his own pet words - 'yesterday is history..'

Will reply to your previous post later. You are my newest best friend, wait for my PM now tongue.gif

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Feb 3 2006, 11:27 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mandrake @ Feb 3 2006, 07:17 AM) *

I agree. But even if you consider merit, Sachin deserves a place in the side. Only because he failed in one series, you cannot drop him. If we continue to do this, we will only add up to the pressure on the likes of Sachin and after couple of years probably on Dravid. Do you think any newcomer has yet proved that he can play as consistenty as Sachin has done over the years? After coming back from injury, he has not played consistently, probably he is rusty. Before the operation, he was unconfortable. If you remember the last world-cup, which was probably the last time he was fully fit, he was playing his normal game. Why not give him some more time and see if he can come back to his normal self. If it doesn't work, fall back on Yuvrajs and Kaifs.

Again as mentioned in my first post, all these views come from a die-hard fan.

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Feb 3 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Fan? I am as big a fan as anyone else of that superman wink2.gif

But then, is ganguly far too less a player? Should he be done away with? He's the next best thing in 1-dayers - based on runs scored..

+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Feb 3 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 2035

Mandrake Bhau..... surprising to see that a personal friend of the legend... is also preparing to give up on the master impossible.gif sad1.gif
Kam se kam aap se toh support zaroor expect karta na sad1.gif

Anyways..... I still hope n pray....that God blesses him with awesome form.... (Maybe better than before.... rolleyes.gif) And he comes out and proves to the world......that its not the end of the road as yet..... wink2.gif (Maybe..... like vivek, me too sounding 'biased'...... but can't help it tongue.gif)

As far as Ganguly is concerned, I agree with Mandrake......... he surely deserves a place in the side...... both on past glory..... and experience.... and cricketing talent...... thumbs-up.gif

Love Music....... LOVE GK
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:54 PM