Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hollywood Movies

, Add here

10 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hollywood Movies, Add here
Nimii
post Oct 2 2006, 01:54 AM
Post #46

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Juz back after watching John Tucker Must Die in INOX ! wink.gif

Cute funny movie laugh.gif Jesse Metcalfe (Desperate Housewives) looks yum yum but his brother in the movie (Penn Badgley) is even cuter wub.gif

Here is the review of the movie!

John Tucker Must Die: Lots of fun
Elvis D'Silva

September 29, 2006 13:38 IST

Hell hath no fury like three women who discover that they have been dating the same boy in high school! The man in question -- in the fun film, John Tucker Must Die -- happens to be the most popular guy in school, the much loved John Tucker (Jesse Metcalfe, Desperate Housewives).

John is smooth enough to keep the three girls unaware of each other until an unfortunate accident reveals the truth. After a catfight or two, the girls decide to work together for one reason and one reason alone -- revenge.

Enrolled into their plan is the new girl in school, Kate (Brittany Snow, The Pacifier), who has up until that point rued her existence as the 'invisible' girl, one whom no one seems to notice or remember. She's not entirely unattractive but has spent her life in the shadow of her super hot mother (Jenny McCarthy), whose bad dating history has usually been followed by mother and daughter packing up and moving to another town.

Her life changes when she encounters the three heartbroken John Tucker rejects -- overachieving journalism aspirant Carrie (Arielle Kebbel, Gilmore Girls), head cheerleader Heather (singer Ashanti Douglas) and environmentally-conscious free-spirit Beth (Sophia Bush, One Tree Hill).

Kate meekly suggests that they team up to destroy the great John Tucker instead of fighting among themselves. Suddenly from being the biggest nobody in high school, she becomes the co-coordinator of the plot against John Tucker.

A still from John Tucker Must DieThis being a teen comedy, the emphasis is on playful hi-jinks that embarrass the heartbreaker rather than cause him any real harm. From tricking him into posing for a public service announcement about venereal diseases to facilitating his consumption of estrogen-laced energy drinks (that cause him to behave in a girlie fashion at odds with his alpha male status), the girls try (and fail) to bring down the boy who is a god among his peers.

Each supposed reversal causes him to bounce back greater and stronger than ever before until the girls pull out their secret weapon -- a made-over Kate who is pushed onto the frontlines to seduce John so that she can break his heart when he actually falls for her.

Naturally, since this is a product of Hollywood, there is also the other love interest, in this case the brother aka, 'the other Tucker' played by the relative newcomer Penn Badgley. Between trading teen queen jibes with the 'cute-but-not-John' in chemistry class and working her womanly wiles on John with the aim of breaking his heart, our heroine, Kate, has a full school schedule.

Does the high school Lothario get his just desserts? Is the other Tucker doomed to quietly watch as his brother charms the one girl he also likes? Is revenge really a dish best served cold? If you're hoping to get deep meaningful answers to any of these questions you've definitely walked into the wrong screening room in the wrong multiplex on the wrong continent.

A still from John Tucker Must DieJTMD is a fun little romp that doesn't take itself seriously except while attempting to cash in on the photogenic salability of its stars to the teen and pre-teen demographic. Between the hot blonde Kebbel, sultry brunette Bush and feisty Douglas, the boys are provided with decent options for a fantasy date while the ladies are all supposed to swoon over the crooked smile and sleekly buffed musculature of Jesse Metcalfe on the big screen (if two seasons as Desperate Housewives' Eva Longoria's boy toy were not enough).

I suspect though that it is young Mr Badgley who is going to end up winning considerable appreciation along the way for his endearing geeky but cool manner. <------------- YOU BET HE DID wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

This is the movie that was made for that ever widening category/genre called 'time pass.' A tasty enough confection but don't expect any nutritional value.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
That is Penn Badgley wub.gif wub.gif with Brittany Snow

http://im.rediff.com/movies/2006/sep/29john.htm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Oct 9 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #47

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6151

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

The Brilliant mathematician with " A Beautiful mind " was committed to a psychiatric hospital.....supposedly suffering from Schizophrenia..............A brilliant movie with great performance by Russel crowe...

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives
by altering their attitudes of mind

-William James
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Oct 13 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #48

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Reeth ye ab dekha tumne mad.gif I had seen this movie more than say 2 years doh.gif I think. Russel Crowe performance is fantastic!

I saw another movie of his with Meg Ryan some months back. Proof of Life. Was quite an engrossing movie!

N biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Oct 13 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #49

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

biggrin.gif nimii i had seen it 2 yrs ago in the movie hall with a group of friends( u can imagine) and somehow the impact was not so much as now....when i watched it again over the past rainy weekend,alone in my room, may be i was in the right mood to appreciate it....
I like watching Russel crowes movies ....seen Gladiator,Proof of life too ........and The insider, which is really good has a very strong cast...Al pacino,christopher plummer and a long list of other good actors.....really good

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives

-William James
+Quote Post
NATURE
post Dec 14 2006, 11:58 PM
Post #50

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2238

i thought i got some time off, so watched movies and movies.

here are few with photos. biggrin.gif

The African Queen(1951)

genre: adventure/romance/war
rating: marvelous, it's in my all time list. imdb rating: 8.1/10 ( in imdb top 250 list -> 139 )

humphrey bogart did a brilliant performance. i loved his casablanca and now this one.
truly, a worth watching movie. go for it if u haven't. thumbs-up.gif

IPB Image

Attached Image

--------------------

Magnolia(1999)

genre: drama
rating: too good. i loved this movie besides julianne moore is there. she is wub.gif
imdb rating: 8/10 ( in imdb top 250 list -> 175 )

IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image IPB Image

---------------------

The Lake House(2006)

genre: drama/fantasy/romance
rating: liked the movie. it's underrated. go and watch it. it's touchy. imdb rating: 6.8/10

both keeanu reeves and sandra bullock did good jobs. sandra bullock is wub.gif loved her.

one comment from imdb. don't know what u think ...

As for those people who claim that the story is "implausible".... they're probably the same people who think
that silly IMPOSSIBLE fantasies like X-Men, King-Kong, Lord of the Rings, Spiderman, etc, etc were great
movies. At least the characters and events in Lake House are believable, once the basic premise is
accepted. Can't say that about drivel like X-Men.

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

------------------------

Nacho Libre (2006)

genre: comedy/sports
rating: very sweet and simple. i am sure u r gonna love it. it's a simple story. ( imdb rating: 5.8/10 )

there is something special in italian/mexican beauty. wub.gif don't u think so ?

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

-------------------------

Ultimo bacio, L' (2001)(eng: The Last Kiss)

rating: italian movies are usually different. this one is too. ( imdb rating: 7.1/10 )

love, seperation, emotions ... it's all about it. everybody is kinda desperate at sometime.
but the end is good, so is everything.

IPB Image

-------------------------

Combien tu m'aimes?(2005) (eng: How Much Do You Love Me?)

genre: comedy/drama/romance
rating: a french movie, this one is really sexy. monica bellucci, surely a cult figure. i loved the movie ... biggrin.gif
i think she is a fantasy ...
imdb rating: 5.4/10

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image

Jo Milte hain, voh nahi milte
Aur Jo Nahi Milte, Vohin Vaastav mein milte hai
Kaaran jo hai, voh nahi hai
Aur jo nahi hai, vohin hai.
Ye keval Shabdo ki heraa-pheri nahi hai
Aur heraa-pheri hain bhi
Yehin Darshan hai
Aur isi hone naa hone, milne naa milne ke beech mein
maayaa kaa samudra hai
+Quote Post
kabeela
post Dec 15 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

Member No.: 8132

some old favrouite of mine
mid night cow boy
paint your wagon.>a must watch movie
oliver twist>ben kingsley
close encounter of third kind
its a wonderfull life>its a wonderfull film
merchant of vanice
gremlins
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Dec 16 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #52

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I liked 'The African Queen'.. great watch..Humphrey bogart is a tremendous actor......'Casablanca ' with ingrid bergman and 'The big sleep ' with Lauren Becall are 2 other movies that i like ...
The other movies i watched recently were 'Mackenna's Gold' ..Omar sherieff as Colarado is unforgettable n equally impressive is Gregory peck as Macenna....definitely a movie worth watching..
'You only live twice' with Sean connery as 007 n others...one of the best bond movies ever i feel...

-William James
+Quote Post
NATURE
post Jan 30 2007, 04:16 PM
Post #53

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2238

QUOTE(Reeth @ Oct 9 2006, 01:31 PM) *

The Brilliant mathematician with " A Beautiful mind " was committed to a psychiatric hospital.....supposedly
suffering from Schizophrenia..............A brilliant movie with great performance by Russel crowe...

reeth, i can't believe myself. just 2 days before i saw this man in a live video conference:
a lecture on game theory and its prospects by the very mathematician john nash, the movie is based
on the life of this person. vaise kuchh samajh mein nahi aayaa kya bole lecture mein ... biggrin.gif

---------------------------------------

well, past few weeks watched loadsa movies. most of them are of "very good or excellent" kinds.
will start with dead poets society.

Dead Poets Society (1989)

director: peter weir,
rating: hats off ( imdb rating: 7.7/10 )

i may sound too much but it's one of the best movies i have ever seen. there may be many greater
stories in hollywood or even in bollywood but i believe there's a long way to go from a great theme/story
to a great movie. that's called the vision of the writer and director.

crime/violence/politics/sci-fi movies may be great but sensitive and touchy movies(based on human element)
are not only great but also beautiful. and i believe you would prefer the later one.
biggrin.gif

excellent cinematography, brilliant performance by robin williams. i saw this chap for the first time in a hbo
ad, i didn't know about this movie. it's all about how a school teacher john keating(played by robin williams)
changed the lives of his students forever. and the background score is at its best, so wonderful.

unhappy,sad1.gif it didn't bag the best film oscar/golden golbe awards, it won "best film" in french academy of
motion pictures. won oscar for best writing/screenplay.

The Painted Veil (2006)

director: john curran
genre: drama/romance
rating: beautiful ( imdb rating: 7.6/10 )

cinematography is absolutely stunning.
a touchy love story, it's about a doctor who can't give time due to his job and research(as the wife thinks)
so she started having sexual relationships with another man. her hubby knew it and agreed to divorce
her only in one condition. if that man divorces his wife and marries her. the movie takes a u turn here
the wife( played by naomi watts ) came to know how much her hubby( played by edward norton ) loves
her when the man refused to divorce his wife and marry her. it's a beautiful romantic story.
u will love the scene where she discovers the greatness of her hubby from an old lady, head of the camp.
love happens automatically. the end is sad, he dies.

the portion that will make u cry is when the wife gets pregnant but they don't know who is the father,
husband or the other man. but the hubby's reply is "it doesn't matter now".

Attached Image

it won golden globe for best original score. i am surprised why nobody mentioned about the movie
anywhere, nomination is far away. no newspaper published anything about this movie.
hfers in that poll topic said nothing about this movie. sad1.gif did anybody watch it ?
if yes let me know. i watched blood diamond, the departed and few more of 2006. these are good but
not that good. but this movie is just too good, i would prefer blood diamond over the derparted though ...
will watch babel and the queen soon then only i can say ...

very impressive acting by naomi watts and edward norton. he has another good movie in 2006, the illusionist.
man, i loved everthing about the movie. the actors, the score, the costumes, the location. everything including
her cloths, shoes, hats ... biggrin.gif do u see her umbrella ? isn't it so lovely ? laugh.gif i want to buy her one. biggrin.gif

now the great muical of this year, 2006

Dreamgirls (2006)

director: bill condon
genre: drama/musical
rating: very good, ( imdb rating: 6.9/10 )

i haven't seen such a great musical in a long time at least not in 2006. the music by henry kreiger is
i think a masterpiece of african-american r & b. just watch it, i am sure you are gonna love the music

who surprised me the most is jennifer hudson. she was one of the finalists in american idols and here
she has done powerful performance and got best supporting actor award in golden globe.
listen to her, u will understand american idols are far better than the indian idols, no comparison. wacko.gif

jennifer hudon, go lady go. u have something special, acting as well as singing.

Attached Image

here is jennifer hudson:

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image Attached Image

Lucía y el sexo (2001) ( eng: Sex and Lucia )

director: julio medem
genre: drama/romance
rating: very good, ( imdb rating: 7.5/10 )

a french/spanish movie. i don't know why i love european/mexican movies all the time.

the movie is good, though they show explicit sexual scenes but they got a wonderful theme/plot to
show us. it's a good movie, you may watch it.

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image Attached Image

to be continued ....

Jo Milte hain, voh nahi milte
Aur Jo Nahi Milte, Vohin Vaastav mein milte hai
Kaaran jo hai, voh nahi hai
Aur jo nahi hai, vohin hai.
Ye keval Shabdo ki heraa-pheri nahi hai
Aur heraa-pheri hain bhi
Yehin Darshan hai
Aur isi hone naa hone, milne naa milne ke beech mein
maayaa kaa samudra hai
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Jan 31 2007, 04:03 AM
Post #54

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 309

Jack Ass - Part 2

Don't Waste your money/Time watching this movie angry.gif

Movie is nothing but compilation from different episode of MTV show. Gang of guys do all sorts of stupid things that one can think of. From fart mask to dropping bees in limousine with door locked and people sitting in. People sit on top of fire hose with water flowing full force to mimic rodeo on a bronco

- Just another gummy bear fan
+Quote Post
IDOL
post Feb 22 2007, 02:57 AM
Post #55

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1583

QUOTE(NATURE @ Jan 30 2007, 03:46 AM) *

Dead Poets Society (1989)

director: peter weir,
rating: hats off ( imdb rating: 7.7/10 )

i may sound too much but it's one of the best movies i have ever seen. there may be many greater
stories in hollywood or even in bollywood but i believe there's a long way to go from a great theme/story
to a great movie. that's called the vision of the writer and director.

crime/violence/politics/sci-fi movies may be great but sensitive and touchy movies(based on human element)
are not only great but also beautiful. and i believe you would prefer the later one.
biggrin.gif

excellent cinematography, brilliant performance by robin williams. i saw this chap for the first time in a hbo
ad, i didn't know about this movie. it's all about how a school teacher john keating(played by robin williams)
changed the lives of his students forever. and the background score is at its best, so wonderful.

unhappy, sad1.gif it didn't bag the best film oscar/golden golbe awards, it won "best film" in french academy of
motion pictures. won oscar for best writing/screenplay.

I loved this movie too

.......................................................................IPB Image

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Feb 22 2007, 03:04 AM
Post #56

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I watched many movies, but i forget to write here

------------------------

I watched Pirates of Caribbean-- The Dead Man's Chest

I loved this movie.....It was interesting.........i liked the scene two pirates are in a boat...one tries to read Bible...the other says you can't read it....first one says, but you get credit for trying laugh.gif ...........i liked Jack Sparrow's acting....he's amazing....one thing i wondered, why he dies? i guess another part is coming caoz the witch asks the team if they wanna find Jack Sparrow........the end is beautiful....very cute........what i liked the most in this movie is comedy, action,scary, creepy, and classic touch.....very nice and you might have already watched it, but if not i do recommend to watch

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

.......................................................................IPB Image

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Feb 22 2007, 03:09 AM
Post #57

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

another i watched The Prestige:

I liked this movie....it was a good change for me.....there are two magicians who are competing with each other to death........it's very engaging....i liked this movie.......I think everyone can watch it, so try.....only the ending is a bit confusing (for me, anyone else seen this movie?) when the first magician dies......

IPB Image

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Feb 22 2007, 03:13 AM
Post #58

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

time for scary movie, I watched The Exorcist

It was good for the time being when u have mood for scary movie.............but i did not like story very much.........so i might rate it 3 out of 5

IPB Image

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Feb 22 2007, 03:18 AM
Post #59

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

TV

-----

Every Thursday i watch the best Comedy -Ugly Betty

It is very funny..........very interesting........suspense and comedy...it's beautiful.............I don't think everyone has access to this Drama, so if you get anywhere, do watch it!

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Scott Garfield/ABC IPB Image

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Mar 5 2007, 03:44 AM
Post #60

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Lord of the Rings, (I,II,III)

A perfect movie in terms of making................story is very interesting and sweet............it is all fiction with rich dialogues............it's good for kids and those adults who enjoy fiction and fantacy

If you haven't watched yet.......go for it........it's beautiful..............and great!

IPB Image

+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:23 PM