Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sania Mirza Enters Quarter Final

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sania Mirza Enters Quarter Final
zashakeel
post Oct 6 2005, 04:02 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

bow.gif

NEW DELHI: India's Sania Mirza entered the quarter-finals of the USD 170,000 AIG Japan Open Tennis Tournament with a straight set victory over Japan's Aiko Nakamura on Thursday.

Sania, sedded eighth, set up a clash with top seed Russia's Zvonareva, who beat Shahar Peer of France 6-3, 7-5 to make it to the last eight.

Continuing her fine form in the tournament, Sania thwarted the home challenge with a 6-1, 6-4 win after the match had to be postponed on wednesday due to heavy rains.

"I thought I played a good match. I had a solid start to the match in the first set. In the second set, Aiko picked up her game, but I think I played well when it mattered on the important points," she said after the match.

The 18-year-old from Hydreabad had defeated Vilmarie Castellvi of Puerto Rico in her first round.

thumbs-up.gif

Tum mujhe yuN bhula na paogey
Jab kabhi bhi sunogey GEET mere
sang sang tum bhi gungunaoge[font=Verdana][size=7]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:01 PM