Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Foot Tapping & Heart Stopping Op

, The King of Rhythm

47 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Foot Tapping & Heart Stopping Op, The King of Rhythm
swarapriya
post Jun 6 2008, 09:13 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Foot Tapping & Heart Stopping O.P.

The King of Rhythm

After a great night’s rest, you wake up one fine morning and start sipping a cup of fresh brewed coffee admiring the eastern skies reddened with beautiful sunrise. Then all of a sudden you hear a distant radio playing a familiar tune permeating the tranquility of the quiet morning. Did your heart flutter? Did you miss a beat or two? Then perhaps you were listening to a song carried through the gentle morning breeze composed by the King of Rhythm, O.P. Nayyar Saab. That music, like the beautiful morning you are enjoying, lifts your spirits even further up. For that moment you forget all of the life miseries and transcend in the joy the song provides shelter for. Now, that is the power of moving music!

There is some definite magic in the O.P. style of music. It is as stylish as the man himself. It is as interesting as the genius behind the music. It is as intoxicating as the distinctly sweet voice of Geetaji or beautifully seductive voice of Ashaji or the unique vocals of Shamshadji. The clip-clop sounds with the fusion of folk music and the modern instruments make his music a standout.

OP Saab provided countless number of some of the most memorable and hummable tunes ever. In a span of 42 plus years, he composed music for 54 movies. Except for one or two in the beginning of his career and one or two at the tail end of his career, he delivered one hit after another hit. This was one continuous hit parade ever put on display. Based on the premise to make melodious music, he created new sounds. He experimented by juxtaposing sounds of various instruments in coming up with some of the most melodious and memorable tunes ever composed in Hindi film industry.

OP by his own admission was an illiterate in music. He couldn’t read the music notations or the alphabets of music. Yet this “handicap” must have given him a new perspective of how an everlasting melody should be created. Sometimes literacy can impede in growth by discouraging to try experiments that create strange new sounds. Well aware of his own limitations, OP Saab still created many beautiful new sounds through the tunes.

I have been fond of OP’s music ever since I started losing myself in good music and the rich lyrics the poets seems to generally endow them with. Enthusiastically I have been collecting his albums over the years. Currently I have in my possession 32 CDs. That represents 60% of his films. I also have most of other songs from his other movies obtained from various sources including some from different CDs. In the coming weeks I would like to share with you the music of OP Saab from the CDs I own. The filmography of these CDs is shown in the following table.

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Aug 5 2008, 07:00 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 6 2008, 09:40 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Aar Paar (1954)

Aar-Paar catapulted O.P. Nayyar Saab to fame and fortune. Each one of the song is a foot tapper. The songs were enriched by Geetaji's beautiful voice along with Shamshadji and Rafi Saab. The song "Babuji Dheere Chalna" was in a recent Hindi movie "Salaam-E-Ishq." The song was picturized in its entirety but the singer was not Geetaji. This just shows the populaity of these songs even after 54 years.

All songs are from a CD. There are eight songs altogether. I am also uploading extended versions of all eight songs. These are all by the courtesy of the Forum members. The extended version of "Ja Ja Ja Ja Bewafa" is only 8 seconds longer. Except for additional music there is not much extra in it. Also, the extended version of the song "Mohabbat Karlo Jee Bharlo" is missing a word in the beginning.

Here are details of the songs and songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jun 6 2008, 09:47 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6005

Swarapriya, wow..what a great thread you have started! It will be a treasure to have CDQ songs of all the lovely songs composed by OP sahab. I am posting a beautiful pic of Geeta ji which you can use in the collage of your first post if you like.

smile.gif

Best Regards
Parag

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 6 2008, 09:49 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of Aar Paar (1954) Continued ...

Now for the rest of the songs of "Aar Paar (1954)" ...

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 6 2008, 10:05 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jun 5 2008, 09:17 PM) *

Swarapriya, wow..what a great thread you have started! It will be a treasure to have CDQ songs of all the lovely songs composed by OP sahab. I am posting a beautiful pic of Geeta ji which you can use in the collage of your first post if you like.

smile.gif

Best Regards
Parag

Parag,

Thanks for the great picture of Geetaji. I have already modified the pictures of singers by including this new picture of Geetaji.

Also, thanks for the encouraging words. We should have fun doing this thread I think.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jun 6 2008, 10:26 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

Thanks Swarapriya, I just cropped the pic to capture her face alone. Please have a look at this one and see if you like it.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post Jun 6 2008, 12:10 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jun 6 2008, 11:26 AM) *

Thanks Swarapriya, I just cropped the pic to capture her face alone. Please have a look at this one and see if you like it.

thanks a lot for all these all CDQ OP NAYYAR SAHAB,S SONGS
& GEETAJI,S PICTURE
i am also adding one GEETAJI,S beautiful picture. hope you will like it
taiyab53Attached Image
+Quote Post
vijay
post Jun 6 2008, 05:29 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 558

[/quote]

Swarapriya Ji,

Thanks for thr great thread on OP. We are all indebted to you for all the graet music that you have been providing to HF members. Your passion and energy for this is commandable.

By the way I did post my little story on Jaikishan's Begunah song in your Begunah thread. Please check it out.
Thanks again.

Vijay
+Quote Post
JayJay1970
post Jun 6 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 22468

Swarapriya! I am short of words to thank you for your efforts.
angel.gif You are a true angel angel.gif
Thanks and then thanks and then some more for your uploads.

clap1.gif clap2.gif clap1.gif clap2.gif

JayJay

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 6 2008, 07:41 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jun 5 2008, 09:56 PM) *

Great! -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 6 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Jun 5 2008, 11:40 PM) *

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jun 6 2008, 11:26 AM) *

thanks a lot for all these all CDQ OP NAYYAR SAHAB,S SONGS
& GEETAJI,S PICTURE
i am also adding one GEETAJI,S beautiful picture. hope you will like it
taiyab53Attached Image

Just beautiful. Thanks a lot. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 6 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

[quote name='vijay' date='Jun 6 2008, 04:59 AM' post='502543']
[/quote]

Swarapriya Ji,

Thanks for thr great thread on OP. We are all indebted to you for all the graet music that you have been providing to HF members. Your passion and energy for this is commandable.

By the way I did post my little story on Jaikishan's Begunah song in your Begunah thread. Please check it out.
Thanks again.

Vijay
[/quote]

Thank you Vijay. I did see your snippet on Jaikishan. Interesting reading. I didn't realize that Shankarji tried so hard to please his fellow composer.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 6 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(JayJay1970 @ Jun 6 2008, 06:37 AM) *

Swarapriya! I am short of words to thank you for your efforts.
angel.gif You are a true angel angel.gif
Thanks and then thanks and then some more for your uploads.

clap1.gif clap2.gif clap1.gif clap2.gif

JayJay

Thank you so much JayJay. It is always a pleasure to share. It gives such a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 6 2008, 07:46 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 8 2008, 04:36 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Baap-Re-Baap (1955)

Here is another movie which has OP wrote his stamp all over. This time he had Ashaji singing all of the female songs. There was Kishoreda to help him out. The perennial crowd pleaser, the duet by Ashaji and Kishoreda, "Piya Piya Piya" still makes ones heart flutter. This was the beginning of his trademark songs where the sounds of horse hoofs become part of the music for that song. He was able to use this same tune effectively in other movies such as, for example, "Naya Daur," ("Maang Ke Saath Tumhara").

The movie boasts several songs. All except two are from CD. The exceptions include "Ab Ye Bata Jayen Kahan" and "Kaun Jaane." The latter song, this one shown in red in the table below, I am not convinced is from this movie but I filed in my music bank this song under this movie's name. I am uploading this anyway even though there is an outside chance that it may not belong here.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 8 2008, 04:44 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Baap-Re-Baap (1955)" Continued ...

Here is the last song that may or may not belong to this movie. I am including here because of an outside chance that it may be.

+Quote Post

47 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:36 AM