Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Amit And Sumet Concert In Michigan

, dec 8th 06....lets go..gange

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amit And Sumet Concert In Michigan, dec 8th 06....lets go..gange
kishoreda
post Nov 27 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1816

Kishore Kumar Dil Se - Live Concert in Southfield, MI

Kishore Kumar Dil Se a Live Concert will be held on December 8th at the Millennium Center in Southfield, MI.

The concert will feature Amit Kumar, Jolly Mukherjee, Sadhna Sargam and Sumeet Kumar. For show details visit MIMANTRA.

You might get to hear the following song from Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi

the original link

http://michiganindia.mibazaar.com/2006/11/...concert-in.html

anybody joine me....might go ?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
Kuchh To Log Kahenge Logon Ka Kaam Hai Kehena
Chorro Beqaar Ki Baaton Mein Kahin Beet Na Jaaye Raina

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mudit_mehta
post Nov 28 2006, 07:01 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 490

Hi Kishoreda,

Greetings to all my fellow members after a long long time, here I was not able to be with the forum for some time due to work related issues.

Here I was fortunate enough to see the show in Toronto, they were here on 12th November. It was really excellent to see Amit Da in action in front of my eyes. His voice even at this age is at its soulful best.

Though all of the members of the troupe contributed to the event, however as a whole the entire show was on Amit Da's shoulders and he carried it with elan, interspersed with his witticism. He is the best..

All I can say is that it would be a gem of a time for you..

Have a good time..

cheers.. Mudit

Daulat aur Jawaani ee ik din kho jaati hai....
sach kehta hoon saaarii duniyaaa dushman ho jaaatii haii...
hoo oo.... umre bhar dost lekin saath chalte haii....
hmnn hmmn hmmnn.......
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Nov 28 2006, 09:20 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Mudit thank you so much for the information. Would have loved to come but it is so far away.

Would also appreciate if you could write completely about the performance. Your review is something I am looking forward to.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
N
+Quote Post
kishoreda
post Nov 28 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 28 2006, 10:20 AM) *

Mudit thank you so much for the information. Would have loved to come but it is so far away.
Would also appreciate if you could write completely about the performance. Your review is something I am looking forward to.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
N

headbang.gif after all that hard work mudit _mehta gets the credit ?
sad1.gif welcome back mehta bro...

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Nov 28 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

ohmy.gif K~da you mean you are the man behind the scenes glare.gif look.gif Why did you not tell us earlier wacko.gifI know you put the notice, but did you attend the performance that Mudit went to ohmy.gif

Phew you too prefer to play low key headbang.gif Welcome to our tribe blink.gif
+Quote Post
shabbirkumar786
post Nov 28 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7130

QUOTE(mudit_mehta @ Nov 28 2006, 07:01 AM) *

Hi Kishoreda,

Greetings to all my fellow members after a long long time, here I was not able to be with the forum for some time due to work related issues.

Here I was fortunate enough to see the show in Toronto, they were here on 12th November. It was really excellent to see Amit Da in action in front of my eyes. His voice even at this age is at its soulful best.

Though all of the members of the troupe contributed to the event, however as a whole the entire show was on Amit Da's shoulders and he carried it with elan, interspersed with his witticism. He is the best..

All I can say is that it would be a gem of a time for you..

Have a good time..

cheers.. Mudit

god i feel so jealous!

i wud love to have come but...

just too far away from the u.k.

wat a shame!

u lucky man!

take care.

BASH.

Tumse milkar na jane kyon aur bhi kuch yaad aata hai...
+Quote Post
kishoreda
post Nov 28 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 28 2006, 02:35 PM) *

ohmy.gif K~da you mean you are the man behind the scenes glare.gif look.gif Why did you not tell us earlier wacko.gifI know you put the notice, but did you attend the performance that Mudit went to ohmy.gif
Phew you too prefer to play low key headbang.gif Welcome to our tribe blink.gif

impossible.gif no nimiiz, not me the man behind the scenes....i posted the news na !

+Quote Post
mudit_mehta
post Nov 30 2006, 06:23 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Hi Nimmi ji,

I would surely write in detail about the show and its happenings, give me some time for that.

Aur Kishore da yaaar aapka bhi number aayega Michigan mein, its only a matter of time.. wink2.gif

Cheers.. Mudit

hmnn hmmn hmmnn.......
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Nov 30 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

rolleyes.gif Yes yipeeeeee will await anxiously jump.gif Do not disappoint us ok mellow.gif
+Quote Post
rakesh
post Nov 30 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #10

Unregistered

"Amit Kumar thrilled thousands at Centre of Excellence"

Thousands of Kishore Kumar fans turned out to see his sons Amit and Sumeet Kumar in concert at the Centre of Excellence, Macoya on Saturday night. The night can be described as “magical” as the gifted Amit belted out hits of his father Kishore before the cheering audience. Backed by six musicians from India, Amit set the mood for the crowd singing some of the most popular hits of yesteryear.

“My father ruled the airwaves of India for 19 years. He lived like a king. He died like a king and he is remembered as the king of the playback singers of the Bollywood film industry,” he said. The songs that were recorded by Kishore for films in the 60s and 70s remained popular in TT for all these years. The songs, “Mai Jo Mohabatt Hai,” “Mere Sapno Khi Rani,” “Keika Paan Banaras Walay,” “Roop Tere Mastana,” “Gunguru Ki Tara,” “Mai Ho Jum Jum Jumuroo,” “Samey Nah Suhana,” “Chingaree,” received loud applause from the audience.

Full story at:
http://www.newsday.co.tt/features/0,48435.html

Rgds,
Rakesh

+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Dec 2 2006, 02:48 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 309

Aur Kishore da yaaar aapka bhi number aayega Michigan mein, its only a matter of time..

K~Da, aaisa mausam mai mat gana... barrrr.. kaun jayee ga Michigan

- Just another gummy bear fan
+Quote Post
kishoreda
post Dec 2 2006, 05:33 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Marcilo @ Dec 2 2006, 03:48 AM) *

Aur Kishore da yaaar aapka bhi number aayega Michigan mein, its only a matter of time..

K~Da, aaisa mausam mai mat gana... barrrr.. kaun jayee ga Michigan

blushf.gif being a big guru fan , now i am having a second thought , i guess coz of the distance....i think its too far from cali....might be its closer to you marcz....maybe next time...i was gonna take my video cam too.....
ROCKY is a NY based promoter, i heard he is one of the executive organizer of the that show , so had the chance to meet up with amit for an HF interview....oh well

+Quote Post
mudit_mehta
post Dec 4 2006, 01:07 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Dear Kishorians,

Here comes the story of Amit Da's show in Toronto on 11th Nov, 06.

The show started at around 6.15 with a 10 min. retrospective video projected on screen centrestage with Guru and his songs - Mere Samne Wali, Paanch Rupaiya, Hum The Wo Thi, Mere Mehboob, SEE A TEE cat etc, the video ended with a thunderous applause from the audience.

This led to full lights on stage with the entry of Amit Da and customary Pyaare Bandhuon..Sangeet Premiyon.., it was just excellent feeling to see Amit Da perform in front of me from 50-60 feet with his resonating voice in the auditorium. He was full of energy and enthusiasm, just like how Guru used to be always. I was totally speechless to see the inheritance.

He started belting out numbers one after another from Paying Guest, Mr X in Bombay, New Delhi,Aradhana,
Kati Patang,Amar Prem, Surma Mera Nirala - Chham Chhama Chham, Ghungroo Ki Tarah etc. He used to intersperse songs with some biographical anecdotes.

He told story about the making of Roop Tera Mastana; and that how Guru highlighted about one of Sachin Da's old Bengali compositions from which the tune of Roop Tera Mastana is inspired. The art with which he emoted everybody (Sachin Da,RDB,Shakti Samant,Rajesh Khanna) in this anecdote was flawless.

He also told about the time when Aradhana went on to became a big hit and he was travelling along with Guru for a show in Amritsar. They were travelling to Amritsar from Delhi by road and the car waited on a railway crossing, this was the time when couple of surd guys having sugar cane were passing by and one of them spotted Guru and came running towards their car - 'Tu Kashore Kumar hai naa' and they just literally dragged him out and requested on the spot for Roop Tera Mastana, after too much of pulling they were able to do away with them when the crossing opened and wheels rolled.

He mentioned about the making of Ik Chatur Naar - Padosan, he told that he was fortunate enough to be in
the studios the day it was getting recorded by Mahmood, RDB Manna Dey and Guru, rest was history. He also told that the initial choice of Mahmood for Bhola's role was RDB and it was offered to him as Mahmood was firm that pancham would fit well in the role, but then RDB was not so welcoming for the offer and thats how Sunil Dutt came into picture.

Sadhana Sargam took on stage and sang Kalyanji Anand ji's compositions Neele Neele Ambar Pe, O Saathi Re and Agar Tum no hote in her melodious voice. Before starting she mentioned that she was hearing Amit Da backstage and was getting kind of nervous that how she would be able to deliver as audience was totally overwhelmed by Amit Da. Then Amit Da again joined to sing some duets with her and they belted out - Jai Jai shiv Shankar, Kora Kagaz Tha Ye mann mera and Hawa ke saath saath from Seeta Aur Geeta.

Sumeet Kumar was introduced on stage by Amit Da, and he told that Kishore Da wanted to make Sumeet a
pianist and he has underwent all formal tutorials for that, also he has started as a singer, god wiling he
would do good.. 'naseeb mein hai to achcha karega nahin to KBN'.... pause..

Koi baat nahin.......... audience was in splits..

Sumeet handled the stage and sang Koi Lauta de mere, and his all time fav. Chala Jaata hoon. Amit Da joined Sumeet and they sang one of my all time fav. Aati Rahengi Baharein and Babu Samjho Ishare form CKNG. Sumeet gave good company to Amit Da in the latter. This was followed by a break.

After interval Amit Da resumed again and performed what he termed as 'Nonsense Item', he told that this was introduced by Guru but he has also tweaked it a bit. For this he called on stage three couples and had improvized Pyaar Kiye Jaa Title, he used to go rounds with each of the six participants before each antara and sang a unique word/alaap to each one of them and asked them to repeat, this brought in humor when they used to copy him. Then he used to take over with the antara and the all time hit Mukhra - Din Jawaani ke chaar yaaar pyaaar kiye jaa.... with excellent tabla in the background. This complete act took around 15 minutes.

Jolly Mukherjee was introduced to stage, he was really very humble I must say and he paid his homage to Guru and sang Kehna Hai, Ghungroo Ki Tarah.

Amit Da was again back on stage and he sang Guru's hits one after the another, this time only one antara for
each as time was running out. He also sang Ye Jeevan Hai and told how Ashok Kumar asked Guru to specifically sing this song for him when his wife died and Guru did sang this to Ashok Kumar.

And who knew that just after 4 months Guru would also leave all of us. Amit Da sang Ye jeevan hai without orchestra and it was just his pure voice, I was thinking that on this earth if there is one individual who can do justice to Kishore Da's songs - it is him. He sang various numbers and he also sang the title of original Don commenting on the remakes, the whole auditorium was full of his pitched voice as he sang Mai Hoon Doon.. Mai Hoon Don.
I was thinking if poor Shahrukh had used Amit Da's voice for his version, the song had a spellbounding effect
on the audience.

He ended the show by singing Eena Meena Deeka and called on stage all the singers and all of them joined him for the song, the show came to an end around 10, as they always say that all good things come to an end.

I was fortunate enough to have a chance to see Amit Da perform, it was really a dream come true and it
left me overwhelmed with memories of the evening.

These days I am busy listening to 'Dil Mein Baji Guitar.... Choo liya maine aasmaa re.. ' and I have come to know that it is a big hit in India, I just wish that we get more songs from this maestro in HFM and we all are not deprived of this singer par excellence.

On this note I give a halt to this newspaper.. bhool chook maaf..

Long live Amit Da.. smile1.gif

Cheers.. Mudit

hmnn hmmn hmmnn.......
+Quote Post
GURUFAN
post Dec 4 2006, 08:45 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5327

Great write up.

obviously u have taken a lot of time and effortd to write it so that we guys can have a flavour of what happened there.

A mere thanks will not do justice to your efforts...philhaal to hum sirf aap ko bow.gif karte hai.!!

....NIRANJAN & GURUFAN...
+Quote Post
mudit_mehta
post Dec 7 2006, 08:09 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Yaar gurufan aap sharminda naa karo, it was my pleasure to recollect every moment of it.. and I more than enjoyed sharing with you guys.. smile1.gif

Cheers.. Mudit

hmnn hmmn hmmnn.......
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:01 PM