Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sonu Nigam's Dad Releases 2nd Album

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sonu Nigam's Dad Releases 2nd Album
iqbal
post Feb 21 2005, 03:45 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12

Established Bollywood singer Sonu Nigam is now facing stiff competition from none other than his 71-year-old father.
Agam Kumar Nigam, a resident of Seven Bungalows, has just released his second album Bewafaai through T Series and says he is hoping the album will do well.
“The songs are meaningful and are meant to touch people’s hearts,” explains the senior Nigam, who launched his debut album Uski Yaadon Mein two years ago.
This album, which sold four to 4.5 lakh copies, was also released by T Series. “I have always been a professional singer and have performed extensively in India as well as abroad. My first album was received well, so I hope my second will also do well,” he says.
Nikhil and Vinay (who have composed music for films like Tum Bin and the soon-to-be-released Chehraa) have composed music for this album for which Praveen Bharadwaj and Asad Ajmeri have penned the lyrics.
“There are eight solos and the songs are all romantic,” reveals Nigam, speaking about his new album.
Nigam, who learned to sing under classical singer Parvez Ram Chandra Trivedi, believes that singing is a talent that is inherent in a person. “If you have the talent, then all you need to do is polish it,” says the veteran singer who shifted to Mumbai from Delhi in 1992.
And does he worry abo ut the competition at home? “Sonu is among the best; he is at the top.
And he is one of my favourite singers,” exults Nigam, adding that he also likes Mohammed Rafi. “I have always encouraged my son to sing and now the tables have turned — he eggs me on to sing and release albums,” says the artiste who plans to continue with professional singing.
He adds, “I will do what I like doing best in life — singing.”

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/top_stories/1203/

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
iqbal
post Feb 21 2005, 03:47 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

Watched this guy on B4U yesterday - a fan of Rafisaab, looked in good shape for a 71 year old.
+Quote Post
jam_27
post Jun 23 2005, 11:53 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 2363

QUOTE(iqbal @ Feb 21 2005, 03:47 PM)
Watched this guy on B4U yesterday - a fan of Rafisaab, looked in good shape for a 71 year old.

I too wawtched him in B4U , he was all praise for Sonu.

But I think he is a far better singer that what appears in this albummof his..

I remember him singing Rafi Saabs songs in Zee TV's Sa Re Ga Ma when Sonu used to host it. He sang those numers with flawless precision.

Anyways we should wish him all the best for all his endevours.

jam

The sweetest songs are those which tell the saddest of tales
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:57 PM