Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Legends Of Telugu Cinema

, NTR and ANR

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Legends Of Telugu Cinema, NTR and ANR
Abdur Rehman
post Jul 18 2011, 07:46 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 133351

Thanks SP for the words of encouragement. I know the fans are few and far in between. But my main objective is to complete my collection for which I might be needing your help. I being put up in Bangladesh there is very little chance of getting the missing albums, so I turned to this forum. I knows there are friends like you, Venkat ji, Simplefable and ayyagari on whom I can count to complete my collection

Regards

Seshadri
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 18 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Jul 18 2011, 07:16 AM) *

Thanks SP for the words of encouragement. I know the fans are few and far in between. But my main objective is to complete my collection for which I might be needing your help. I being put up in Bangladesh there is very little chance of getting the missing albums, so I turned to this forum. I knows there are friends like you, Venkat ji, Simplefable and ayyagari on whom I can count to complete my collection

Seshadri,

My collection and knowledge of Telugu films is very modest. But whenever I can, I will be happy to help.

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Jul 19 2011, 10:23 PM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

[ANR]Balaraju-1948

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 20 2011, 12:41 PM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Jul 17 2011, 02:43 AM) *

[NTR]Mana Desam

I dont have any songs from this album.

I am posting songs from this album starting at Post 34 in this thread. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 20 2011, 12:48 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Mana Desam (Telugu)

This film was directed by L.V. Prasad (of many Telugu and Hindi films fame). It made history in several fronts. Here are some highlights…

1. It introduced N.T. Rama Rao in a supporting role. It was a negative role. Little did anyone know that he will go on to make history in Telugu films first and later in Andhra Pradesh politics.

2. It also introduced one of the greatest character actors of the Indian screen, S.V. Ranga Rao.

3. It introduced another great Telugu name, Ghantasala. He was the music director of the film. He also sang few songs in the film. Ghantasala ruled the Telugu cinema field unchallenged for nearly four decades as a singer unparalleled.

4. It was produced by the actress C. Krishnaveni, who also was the heroine of the film. She was also a singer and sang all of her own songs in the film.

5. Some reports say that one of South India’s greatest singers, Susheela was also introduced in this film. I couldn’t authenticate this claim because I wasn’t sure the song she sang.

6. It was the first Telugu movie based on Bengali literature. Its story was taken from Sharat Chandra Chatterjee’s classic Bengali novel, “Vipradas”.

A word or two about the actress, singer, and the producer of this film, Krishnaveni. She started playing small roles in dramas and got a break by entering into the movies as a child artiste. She made only few movies in Telugu, Tamil, and Kannada, altogether less than 30. After marrying one of the producers in the Telugu field, Raja of MIrzapuram, she ventured into producing movies herself. She experimented in her movies by showing the rich cultural heritage of Telugu people and their culture. Besides the artistes mentioned above, she also introduced another music director Ramesh Naidu.

I am uploading most of the songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. It appears that I may be missing two songs shown in red italics in the second table given in the second post. If anyone can share these missing songs, I will be thankful.

I am not certain of singer assignments. I would appreciate if someone can help sort this out. Also, a word of caution. The quality of these songs varies from poor to average. I tried to clean the noise, but was only partially successful. Please download this with this warning in mind.

Incidentally, the song “Vaishnava Janato Tene Kahiye” sung by Ghantasala appears to be a Gujarati song. Can someone verify this please? Thanks.

Now for the songs in the first post from this history making film…

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 20 2011, 12:55 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 20 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Mana Desam (1949)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this film that was a milestone in Telugu cinema...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Jul 20 2011, 08:58 PM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks for the album Manadesam SP. Now coming to the songs according to my information (which may be wrong) Atta leni kodalu was ommitted from the film and was later released in Ghatasala's own voice as in a private song of Ghantasala. I am also not sure if this is the song in question or is there any other song by the same words. Any ways here is the song. This song is courtesy simplefable.

96 kbps/2:50

This post has been edited by Abdur Rehman: Jul 20 2011, 09:03 PM

Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Jul 23 2011, 01:07 PM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

[NTR]

I dont have any songs from the films Palletoori Pilla, Maya Rambha(Telugu), Maya Rambha (Tamil) and Patala Bhairavi (Tamil)

Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Jul 23 2011, 01:23 PM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

[NTR]PATALA BHAIRAVI-1951

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 25 2011, 07:38 AM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Jul 23 2011, 12:37 AM) *

[NTR]

I dont have any songs from the films Palletoori Pilla, Maya Rambha(Telugu), Maya Rambha (Tamil) and Patala Bhairavi (Tamil)

I can upload songs from "Palletoori Pilla" in a couple of days. Cheers. -S

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 25 2011, 07:39 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 26 2011, 05:47 AM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Palletoori Pilla (1950)

This movie is a landmark in the Telugu film industry for several reasons. It was directed by the first time director B.A. Subba Rao who went on to make several great movies in Telugu like “Bheeshma”, “Raju Peda”, “Chenchu Lakshmi”, and others. But it was more significant because it introduced N.T. Rama Rao in the lead for the first time. For Rao, who made his debut in a supporting negative role in L.V. Prasad's "Mana Desham" in 1949, this was the first film in which he got the opportunity to play the lead role. When he was selected to play the role, many expressed concern about a newcomer playing the lead. Anjali Devi and Nageshwara Rao, both established actors by this time, were already signed to play the other lead roles in the movie. After the movie was released and became an instant success, the director’s choice of Rama Rao as the hero was applauded.

Taapi Chanakya, son of Taapi Dharma Rao, a noted writer who co-wrote the story, dialogues, and lyrics for this film, was the assistant director. Chanakya later made himself a name by directing several successful films such as “Ramudu Bheemudu”. He also directed the Dilip-starrer “Ram Aur Shyam (1967)” in Hindi.

Aadi Narayana Rao, a childhood friend of Subba Rao, composed the music. Rao was married to Anjali Devi, the heroine of the film. I am not sure whether they were married before this movie or afterwards. He later established with his wife a production company called “Anjali Pictures” and made several successful movies. Rao composed hit music for several movies including the award winning “Suvarna Sundari". Rao also composed the music for the Hindi version of this film. He helped develop the story of this film along with Taapi Dharma Rao and the director Subba Rao. The story was loosely based on an English play "Fijaro" by Richard Sherton.

T.V. Raju was the assistant music director of the film. He assisted Rao for a long time. Raju later went onto make big as an independent music director with several hit films like “Jayasimha”, “Panduranga Mahatyam”, and others.

Dance director for the film was Vedantam Raghavayya. Raghavayya later became a full-fledged director. His most famous film is the Telugu classic “Devadasu” made in 1953 with Savithri and Nageshwara Rao.

Rama Rao's first take in this film was the scene in which he is slapped by the heroine. Later on in an interview, Subba Rao recalls that for the first time hero it was a very difficult shot. They got the scene finally right but only after several takes. In the action sequence where the hero has to fight a bull, apparently NTR himself fought the bull without taking any help. He suffered several bodily injuries in the fight. In spite of this, he showed up the very next day for the shoot, all covered with bandages and ready to go.

The movie when it was released became a super hit. Gemini later made this in Hindi as “Insaniyat” in 1955 with Bina Rai (Anjali’s role), Dilip Kumar (Nageshwara Rao) and Dev Anand (Rama Rao). Hindi film also was a super hit.

I was fortunate enough to get hold of a VCD of this film. In spite of the poor overall quality, I was able to rip all the songs and several music clips. I cleaned them to reduce the noise from most of the songs and the final result for a movie that is 56 years old turned out to be fairly decent. The only problem is that I don’t have singer assignments. If someone can help with this I will be very grateful.

I will upload these songs in three back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain all the songs from the film. The third post includes several music clips.

Here are the songs in the first post…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 26 2011, 05:52 AM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "Palletoori Pilla (1950)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 26 2011, 05:59 AM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Palletooru Pilla (1950)"...

I am including several music clips from this film below...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 26 2011, 11:02 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Jul 26 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks SP for the album and also for the write up. Cheers

Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Jul 27 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

[ANR]Keelu Gurram-1949

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:20 AM