Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Noor Jahan Tells About Her Ideal Singer

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Noor Jahan Tells About Her Ideal Singer
LoveHumanity
post Dec 31 2010, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Validating
Member No.: 22716

Noor Jehan is fav of millions but many wonder who was her fav singers.. In this short clip she points out at least One of her Ideal singer.. Mukhtar Begum.. I've added some geet, ghazal and classic of Mukhtar Begum for those who are not much familiar with this legendary pre-partition Indo-Pak singer...
Plz check the link below for an hour long clip which cudnt have been posted here for shortage of space and is uploaded on YouTube by me..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PjzHn7EG3k

The description on YouTube goes like this
"Whenever we remember Great Stage Drama Writer, Poet and Director Agha Hashar, Queen of Ghazals Farida Khanam and Film Singer Naseem Begum, we ought to remember Mukhtar Begum who was a major influence and source of motivation behind not only these mentioned but also many others and the biggest example is Madam Noor Jehan who can be watched here clearly statig publically that Mukhtar Begum was her ideal since childhood and gave her blessings by saying "Jis din ye (Noor Jehan) gayegi us din koi aur (singer) nahi gaye gi" and it came very true. Lets enjoy an hour in Geet Ghazal and Classical with Mukhtar Begum. Hope the old music lovers shall like it."

Regards
Dr.Bukhari
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Dec 31 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 187

QUOTE(LoveHumanity @ Dec 31 2010, 07:43 PM) *

Noor Jehan is fav of millions but many wonder who was her fav singers.. In this short clip she points out at least One of her Ideal singer.. Mukhtar Begum.. I've added some geet, ghazal and classic of Mukhtar Begum for those who are not much familiar with this legendary pre-partition Indo-Pak singer...
Plz check the link below for an hour long clip which cudnt have been posted here for shortage of space and is uploaded on YouTube by me..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PjzHn7EG3k

The description on YouTube goes like this
"Whenever we remember Great Stage Drama Writer, Poet and Director Agha Hashar, Queen of Ghazals Farida Khanam and Film Singer Naseem Begum, we ought to remember Mukhtar Begum who was a major influence and source of motivation behind not only these mentioned but also many others and the biggest example is Madam Noor Jehan who can be watched here clearly statig publically that Mukhtar Begum was her ideal since childhood and gave her blessings by saying "Jis din ye (Noor Jehan) gayegi us din koi aur (singer) nahi gaye gi" and it came very true. Lets enjoy an hour in Geet Ghazal and Classical with Mukhtar Begum. Hope the old music lovers shall like it."

Regards
Dr.Bukhari

Credit goes to Maryam Iffat who brought this interview on net, Hats off to Maryam. tongue1.gif
+Quote Post
LoveHumanity
post Jan 1 2011, 02:04 PM
Post #3

thanx Inaam bhai but seems you din see my full upload.. It has only a 30sec clip of NTM show that Maryam uploaded full on YT. Remaining one hour upload comprises entirely of the genius of Mukhtar Begum whom Maryam doesnt even know or heard off :-)
+Quote Post
kamalamohanty
post Jan 6 2011, 10:47 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 8424

Dr Bukhar Saab,

Great upload. Even I did not know the wonderful singer MUKHTAR BEGUM earlier.

I herd her songs. Simply wonderful.

Thanks a lot.

Kamala Mohanty
+Quote Post
LoveHumanity
post Jan 6 2011, 11:59 PM
Post #5

my pleasure Kamala G.. am glad u liked it.. am just trying to introduce some "bhoolay bisray kalakaar" Thinking to make a thread with this topic.. what do u say?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:15 AM