Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

My best listening experience !!!

, Kishoreda's Modern Bengali Songs

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My best listening experience !!!, Kishoreda's Modern Bengali Songs
kcp
post Oct 27 2003, 07:21 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Guys...I was the happiest person yesterday when one of my friend called me...this guy sells old LP's...and said that he has one Bengali album for me...

I ran ( drove at high speed ! ) to his house...only to find that the songs description were written in Bengali....now neither he nor me knew to read Bengali..( although I am now quite familier with some words like Kishore Kumar, R D Burman, written in

Bong biggrin.gif)...I knew that I had all of those songs with me...Anyways without second thoughts I bought that LP and returned home

I put the record on the player and rested my back on the bed...closed my eyes...

Boss...this was the most wonderful experience that I EVER had in my whole lifetime....the quality of recording was crisp...very very clear....and on top of it all Guru's voice at his VERY BEST ( 70's ) !!! Ah ah ah !!!!

The first few lines started...Amaar Deep Nebhaano Raat...........

Oh my god...my 150W JVC speakers sounded as though I was placed in some divine room in heaven and Guru singing for me !!!!...I got up told my wife not to disturb me for at least 1 hour ( especially to lock the inner door which leads to the bedroom door..so that my 15 months old kid does not, as usual, bang on the door to disturb me smile.gif )

Then started my journey towards attaining Moksha !!!!

Songs listed below ( I do not remember their exact order ) :

Ek Din Paankhi Ude - I have to check whether this song was recorded "before" Tum Bin Jaaoon Kahaan...but Guru's voice is magical in this...one has to listen to believe it !!!! Yes Vampy..Now I agree that this one is much better than the Hindi version...no doubts...

Sedino Aakaashe Chhilo - Kya sentimental gaana hai ye !!!! The bass in Guru's voice is too mesmerising !!!

She To Elo Na - The pathos in guru's voice....the sharpness in his tone...kya kehne...Though I like RDB's Yeh Zidagi also very much, Guru's Bengali version takes the cake...

Ei Je Nodi Jai Shaagore - The way guru says "Kotha Bole Na..Kotha Bole Na..Kano Bole Na Kano Bole Na"....his lovely deep voice leaves you wondering the amazing power HIS voice has to keep you spellbounded...

Aami Nei Aami Nei - This one song ( maybe due to the lovely sound system of mine ) made me thnk about two things - One - Lata Mangeshkar was also a genius in her own right...the music she gave for this song is just near perfect...secondly Guru's voice scales this song to new heights...The pure classical taan which he takes in the mukhda of the song is JUST TOO GOOD !!! I would recommend EACH and EVERY fan of Guru ( and Rafi too biggrin.gif ) to listen to this one and then tell me if this does not make one bow down in respect to the magical abilities of Guru to perform classical based numbers !!!! Lata bai you have given us a gem of a song !!!!

Taare Aami Chokhe Dekheni - This is a lovely light mood, light music song...The typical beats of Anandghan ( the name under which Lata gave music in Marathi films )...again one more gem...

Amaar Deep Nebhaano Raat - Now this one...kahaan se shuruaat karoon !!!! Guru ke Music ki taarif karoon ya phir uske complete classical based awaaz ki....The moment guru sings the first line of the song...the whole world has to be at his feet...A perfect evening-song ( raaga-Shree )...All those who were doubting about his abilities to render classical songs should listen to this one...No wonder Kumar Gandharva gave an award to Guru, making the right judgement of his voice...

Noyono Soroshi Kano - Kishore Kumar the Genius gave birth to this great song in Sindhu Bhairavi Raaga...I wonder what would have been the reaction of the musicians and assistants of Kishoreda when/after they recorded this song...the music should make all the Naushaad's and all the Jaidev's and all the Burmans and all the Haiders of this industry, put their fingers in the mouth...and agree on one thing, that Kishore Kumar IS THE GREATEST ALL ROUNDER that India has ever seen.....again the deep classical base decorated this beautiful song to no limits.

Amaar Moner Ei Moyur - Again this Raaga Tilang based song succeeds in teasing your heartstrings...guru at his usual musical and singing best

Maanush Janmo Diye - This folk based number also takes your mind through the rich heritage of India, the hearts of these simple people living in the villages...Guru's again proves to be quite versatile in various generes of music direction

Chaole Jaye Cole Jaaye - This one again a light music song steals your day to day worries and makes your heart filled with joy...guru's extraordinary rendition makes this one a listening pleasure...

The experience was just superb listening to these 11 gems, all in one compilation !!!! I had a second listening to them at

the expense of almost skipping ( forced smile.gif ) dinner !!!

There are hundreds of other guru gems but this album is one of a kind !!!

Cheers

KCP

Regards

KCP
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
atanurcin
post Oct 27 2003, 09:23 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

I can understand how you feel. We bought this LP (although then it had 12 songs: with akash keno daake as well) way back in 1982. I remember, every evening, we would gather together (my parents, my brother, and I) near our portable HMV Fiesta record player and listen to this LP. The cover had a close-up of Kishore Kumar, one of his best photos. I used to sketch that pic, I remember. Gouriprasanna Mojumdar and Mukul Dutt became family members. And I learned for the first time that Lata Mangeshkar even composed tunes: she was credited for "Tare Ammi Chokhe Dekhini." However, that LP credited "aami nei aami nei" to Guru, not Lata.

Regards

Atanu
+Quote Post
kcp
post Oct 27 2003, 09:31 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yes Yes Atanu...I am talking of the same CD...mabbe I forgot to add the evergreen song Aakaash Keno Daake....This CD was released in 1979 I believe...I have to check the cover for more details, home today night...

He he he ..mabbe Guru only gave music to Ami Nei !!! tongue.gif kidding smile.gif

Regards

KCP
+Quote Post
sani_thakur
post Oct 29 2003, 11:24 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 40

Hi,
Is there an "Aakash Kano Daake" sung by KishoreDa ??????? ohmy.gif

Sani.

blink.gif

- Music Has No Language -
+Quote Post
kcp
post Oct 29 2003, 12:08 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yes yes ...it is there...I forgot to mention it smile.gif

Regards

KCP
+Quote Post
sani_thakur
post Oct 30 2003, 03:33 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 40

Hi,
Oh...now I get it. This Aakash Kano Daake is the same tune as Yeh Shaam Mastani. It's beautiful...I am listening to it now.

I thought it was the Kishore version of Lata's "Aakash Kano Daake". That's why I was so excited. rolleyes.gif

Anyhow, thanks Kaustubh for the list of songs. I don't have most of it, I think.

Sani.

- Music Has No Language -
+Quote Post
kcp
post Oct 30 2003, 11:40 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/l/03010U01
is a good place to listen most of them

Regards

KCP
+Quote Post
kishorefan
post Nov 4 2003, 03:14 AM
Post #8

Unregistered

I thought it was the Kishore version of Lata's "Aakash Kano Daake". That's why I was so excited.

Didn't get that! Lata sang 'akash keno dake'? perhaps I missed some thing! the only LM-bong song (starts with akash) comes to mind is 'akashprodip jWale durer taraar paane cheye'.

regards,
kishorefan
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:34 PM